Support us when you check out at Walgreens Learn more here: Walgreens collaboration.

TRIPLE POSITIVE GROUP

Comments

• fluffqueen01
    fluffqueen01 Member Posts: 1,797

Ton....I think the Dysport I had is the Botox competition. I have had Botox before and I thought this was very similar. Seemed to maybe last a little longer too.

Ashla...you want to make sure you have someone very experienced. If they inject at the wrong angle, it can cause your muscle to droop. Your PS should be good if he does a lot of that kind of thing. I am sure dermatologists are equally as good. Your ps might give you a better deal since you have fattened up his wallet with your treatments. I am sure that is what mine was thinking.

I think fillers are a fair amount more expensive. They last much longer. My guy does a lidocaine injection as he says it is painful. I thought the lidocaine thing was bad enough.

• bcbarbie10
    bcbarbie10 Member Posts: 148

Nance, my SO took out 20 of mine. Sometimes i do feel like im having skin thickness on my inner arm, upper back and the mastectomy site itself especially after exercise. I showed this to my SO who couldnt find anything wrong. Even the bra indentations are now the same on both. Btw, i have an implant on both but the cancer side is smaller now, B cup, since im still awaiting its reconstruction. Do we do the recon before tamox?

Fluff and TonLee, i am not waiting anymore to ask my onc. Im gonna ask him TODAY when i go in for taxotere 2 and herceptin 4. Im losing even my peach fuzz, up all night due to the oral steroids, despite benadryl and midazolam. Gotta do something to make me feel better 😊.

• arlenea
    arlenea Member Posts: 1,150

Nance:  My BS said she took 2 but when I saw my onc she told me 8....I was told there were clusters that came along and my BS sticks to 2 but the onc says 8...no LE yet.  My onc says if you don't get it within 2 years that you probably won't....not sure how true that is.

Deporting tomorrow morning!  I'm nervous!

• fluffqueen01
    fluffqueen01 Member Posts: 1,797

Arlene, deporting was a piece of cake, however, mine was done while I was under general anesthesia during fat grafting. Can't remember how yours is being done. The area was really sore for a week.

Barbie...I was given decadron as a steroid in my iv before chemo and herceptin. I was awake all night, even after trying to take ambien to help. I finally just gave in to it and stayed up. Usually fell asleep the next morning around 7 a.m. I slept until around noon usually. I didn't worry about it too much as I always slept through half the third day. It was strange as I was totally relaxed all night, just not sleepy.

• omaz
    omaz Member Posts: 4,218
    Good luck tomorrow Arlene!
  • meglove
    meglove Member Posts: 105

bcbarbie10 Thanks for sharing the information about your mom. It is really great to know she is doing so well.

ArleneA I did not have a port but hope the deporting goes well as Fluff said.

• MemaSue56
    MemaSue56 Member Posts: 2,061

Hi ladies!  Jes wanted to comment on the eyelashes.  Next month will b 1 year out of TCH.  I had long, dark, gorgeous lashes.  Of course, lost all hair everywhere.  Since ending TCH all hair EXCEPT my eyelashes has grown back.  Have little teeny lashes that CANNOT bear any mascara...so...solution for me...  I have been doing semi-perm lash extensions since June and absolutely LOVE THEM.  NO mascara needed, I swim, shower, etc etc and my lashes look fresh fresh n dark and long ...oooo it's wonderful!  Am taking a big box of wigs n scarfs and hats to our local BC chapter and in it are several business cards of the ONLY gal locally that does it.  It was such a HUGE boost for my...selfesteem, I guess, that I jes want to share share share.

Love n Prayers,

Sue

• ashla
    ashla Member Posts: 1,566

MemaSue,

Thx.....

I've seen those semi permanent lash extensions and they are gorgeous! The young rad techs both had them. They told me it cost them $300 and they last 3 mos. The lashes I have left on the one side are so short I didn't think it was possible to do the extensions.

This is getting expensive....permanent eyeliner..$500...lash extentions....$ 300x 4'....botox $500x3......

$&@)(&*+%# BC

• nancedawg
    nancedawg Member Posts: 61

Anyone remove your drains yourself?

• ashla

Nancedawg...

You are cantankerous, aren't you? love to see your md's face when they hear the words...'nancedawg is calling...'

Seems like and I sure hope you're feeling better.

• nancedawg

They actually don't mind me there.  I don't ever call to bother them, but they know I am a do it yourselfer...(birthed my babies at home without a doctor or midwife) etc.  I have seen the youtube video of removing the drains and it looks easy.  My BS's office is an hour away, and if I can do it myself with my husband's assistance, I will.  What's the big deal?  Anyway, I will ask the BS what she thinks b4 I attempt it.  I don't think I can stand these another night.  I am down to 20cc's and they are itching like crazy.  I think we are all a little too dependant on Dr's to do every little thing.  Back in the day, they just threw a little mud on their wounds and moved on.  The Indians birthed their babies and then threw them in the papoose and moved on.  Yes, I know there were more casualties back then.....but we are way over medicalized these days.

• vballmom
    vballmom Member Posts: 153

My drain had stitches holding it in and it took the APRN twenty minutes to cut the stitches in order to get the one drain out.  I had mine for over two weeks, and when it finally was out they decided to put me in a huge ace bandage for another two weeks. That was worse than the drain.

• nancedawg

Thanks for that input Vballmom.  I imagine stuff like that happens.  The ones I have seen on youtube are pretty simple, with a little gauze pad over the hole for one day, and then nothing.  

Ashla, I love the cantankerous reference.   

• ashla

Nancedawg..

Don't think I would do it myself because you've had major surgery but I agree with you about the rest.

• TonLee
    TonLee Member Posts: 1,589

Ashla,

I don't do fillers.  I don't have any wrinkles on my face except between my eyebrows really, so that's my main objective when I go in.  I am 43 but have worn sunscreen on my face most of my life.

I did get Botox from my PS, but now go to a Spa and a nurse does it.  I like her because she guarantees her work.  Meaning, if I don't get the results I like, she does touch-ups for free.  But it is hard to get in to see her and I have to book a month, sometimes two in advance!

If you have heavy forehead lines, I don't really think they can make them smooth without dropping the  eyebrow a bit.  I've had it drop (not severe) from headache Botox, and it only lasted about 2 months because I use my face muscles a lot for expression.  And no one noticed but me.

Fluff, I know there are actually a couple alternatives that have been out on the market for a couple years...but I read something about a NEW one.....hope I read it right.. because the point of the piece was Botox prices will be falling.

• TonLee

Ugh...no upper body workout...my arms are jiggling!!  My sweet son pointed it out to me yesterday!! lol Which happened to be my 4 week out of exchange...so today...BICEP/tricep work.

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653

nancedawg I know some women had their drains come out on their own. I had stitches as well to keep them in place. I know the one on the left actually hurt when coming out. I freaked because I wasn't warned. The drain was under my TE but the pain was in my arm. Really strange. I thought they were taking a vein with it Tongue out

My concern with taking it out yourself is infection.

• nancedawg

Of course we would use gloves and antiseptic, but removal isn't invasive, so unless the tubes have grown into my skin it seems like it is pretty simple.  I haven't decided to do this, I am just saying I would like to.  We'll see. I am calling the BS in a little while.  

• TonLee

Nance,

My removal was a single cut of a stitch, and then a hard yank.  Hurt, but was over that fast.  Then a sterile bandage for a few days.

• nancedawg

Hard yank is interesting.  The videos show them slowly pulling them out.  I am not expecting painless, but I haven't had pain meds yet so I think I can handle it.  The relief of having them out will be worth it.

• nancedawg

Dr's appt 1pm....still think it would have been fun to do it myself..

• arlenea

Hi, hip, hooray.  I'm DEPORTED.  It was a piece of cake and the surgeon whom I'd never met was the best.  Chatted with me the whole time.  Took it out and showed me the tube.  I felt nothing but a tad bit of pressure at one point.  Have a few disposable stitches and steri strips. 

Of course, I find a great surgeon and he's leaving and going to Blue Ridge, GA to a small hospital there but hoping I never need another surgeon.

Nance:  I don't think you should chance taking them out yourself....agree about the potential for infection.

• arlenea

I also chatted with him a bit about Herceptin and told him I had to quit due to heart EF (I had all my treatments with the exception of my last 7 Herceptins in NV).  He was very positive about the fact that I had 10 and says that probably is enough since the studies are still ongoing about how many is required and probably less is what they will find).  :))))

• moonflwr912
    moonflwr912 Member Posts: 5,938

I have to see my ps today. My drain came uncovered last night. I threw a gauze pad over it with tape. But it was weepjng fluid before I noticed the drain being uncovered. This is his day off, but he was coming into the office for a bit so I have to meet him there. I just don't want an infection.

• arlenea

Good luck Moon!

• bcbarbie10

Moonflower, just keep covering it with STERILE dressing until your appointment. You will be fine. The good thing is that it's still draining.

• ashla

Breast cancer is soo diabolical. Each time I'm feeling better and getting my act together some new indignity or worry pops up. I know it's happening to everyone so there's no woe is only me here.

I felt some itching on my nipple after my shower I squeezed and discovered a yellowish discharge. No itching now but I guess this warrants a call to my bs, right? I was about to schedule my 6 mo mammo due the end od September.

• bcbarbie10

Ashla, i know what you mean. I feel for you. Hoping it's nothing at all.

• omaz
    omaz Member Posts: 4,218

Arlene - Yay!!

Ashla -  Ahh man, best to get it checked. sigh

• arlenea

Goodness Ashla.  I think it definitely warrants a call!