Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

TRIPLE POSITIVE GROUP

Comments

• omaz
    omaz Member Posts: 4,218

Thinking of you Nicki.

• eileenohio
    eileenohio Member Posts: 268

Nicky,  Thoughts and prayers .

• moonflwr912
    moonflwr912 Member Posts: 5,938

Soltantio, please just be sure you are drinking enough to replace the fluid lost. You won't believe the things that can go wrong if you don't. Much love.

• ang7894
    ang7894 Member Posts: 427

Nicky,  Thoughts & prayers coming your way.

• TonLee
    TonLee Member Posts: 1,589

Good job Lago.

Nicky, hang in there....I'm praying for you :)

• dancetrancer
    dancetrancer Member Posts: 2,461

Nicky - sending positive energy your way!!! 

• Jennifer404
    Jennifer404 Member Posts: 133

Nicky-hang in there. I just went through a similar situation a few weeks ago. Got a three night stay at the hospital and a colonoscopy because of it. It is scary. My prayers are with you.

Pbrain-congrats!

Lago -it is so great to see you in action! You should be proud!

As for me...another day at the hospital. Low potassium, more fluids...blah blah blah. Lots of new laxatives to take...fun! Lol

At least I don't feel like I'm gonna pass out:)

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Nicky prayers for u.

• moonflwr912
    moonflwr912 Member Posts: 5,938

Jennifer, hospitals are not a lot of fun, are they? Get better and get out of there. I had to go in three different times. Four days at a crack, its bad when you don't need to look at a menu to know what they have! LOL. Just get healthy. Much Love.

• Jennifer404

Ah thank you ladies! I really am doing much better:). Chemo is done...so the se should be temporary. Just counting down til then.

Nicky-I am just sorry you are going through all of this. The magnesium citrate makes you feel so sick. Let us know how you are.

• specialk
    specialk Member Posts: 9,256

moon - I feel ya!  I knew I had been to surgery too much when the pre-op staff recognized me by face and not chart!

• omaz

SpecialK - I was just looking at all your surgery dates - wew!  I noticed the DCIS and then IDC - did they find DCIS first?

• specialk

omaz - the DCIS and IDC were both found at the biopsy and confirmed at BMX.  The surprises at BMX were ALH and ADH in the non-cancer breast, and a positive SNB.  In the OR during BMX the SNB was declared clear by the pathologist.  I had ALND 5 weeks later because the positive SNB was not seen until post-op path, and then I had another pos node in that surgery. A couple of weeks after the ALND my TE ruptured through the necrotic skin on the left side so I had an emergency surgery, stiches would not keep the skin closed so two weeks later another excision, then they finally removed the TE two weeks later so I could proceed to chemo.  I think one of the reasons chemo hit me hard was those five surgeries in such a short time leading up to it.  Six weeks after the end of chemo I had surgery to put the TE back in on the left, then I exchanged last Feb.  Whew!  The interesting thing is that they had been watching the left breast closely with US for a couple of years before my '10 mammo/US, and my cancer was on the right!  The mammo didn't see either the DCIS or the IDC, but US did - thank goodness they did it, right?

• omaz

Wow!  That is a lot.  Glad they did the ultrasound.  I remember waiting for the 'real' path report after surgery.  My path said there were foci of DCIS in the IDC in my tumor as well.

• specialk

omaz - at the time I was just rollin' with it, but now I realize how nuts it was!  I am glad they did the US too because there was a large cyst right next to the tumor kind of blending it with it, along with a few other scattered cysts, so they could have just blown it off.  I was naive enough to assume that the surgical path report would yield no surprises - boy, was I wrong!

• MsTori
    MsTori Member Posts: 298

Nicky and Jennifer- praying for both you ladies, that all turns out great and you feel better soon.

Rozem- I feel your frustration. Hope the recliner is helping. How I long for the days of side sleeping and my body pillow.

• MajorMom
    MajorMom Member Posts: 4

My clinical results say 1+ negative, 2+ equivocal, and 3+ positive with an overall score 2+ due to the percentage of tumor cells.  I believe the test they used was FHER2-FISH, but my doctors are not very forthcoming with information and all I have learned was by sitting down with a copy of the results and looking up every word on it to try to understand what it all means.

• MsTori

Major mom- get a second opinion. If you feel uncomfortable in the least bit, have someone else read your reports and make recommendations. That way, you have hopefully, a clearer understanding of what's going on, and someone else's perspective.

• nickythebean
    nickythebean Member Posts: 25

Good news ladies! Apparently, I have a blot clot in one of my hemi's that they think is causing the bleeding, even though they did not see the bleeding while they were in there. No polyps or anything else worrisome in the colon. We're keeping an eye on it. If my blood counts go down or I'm still bleeding a week from now, I will need further work up. As of now, though, it is all good news!! Yay! Thanks for all the well wishes! I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

• Jennt28
    Jennt28 Member Posts: 1,095

MsTori - your recon was in July and you are still not able to side sleep? Ahhhh, mine was 3 weeks ago and I've been hoping to get back to sleeping on my side soon :-/

nickythebean - so glad to hear it's probably nothing too serious...

Jenn

• MsTori

Jenn- I had a pediculed Tram flap. You did it the right way. I screwed up. I let him take my ab muscles. My breasts look good, but paying a price. Sorry, first chemo set my tram recovery back a little, strength wise, and having some down moments (regrets)now. Now wondering if each chemo is going to set me back. Mentally, in a funk. I will pull out of it. You should be sleeping on your side soon.

• dancetrancer
    dancetrancer Member Posts: 2,461

Great news nicky! 

• Jennifer404

Really good news Nicky!

I am hoping one of you ladies has an idea of how to handle how sick I am feeling. After my colonoscopy a few weeks ago I became constipated...tmi I know:( I have been battling it ever since. Dr had me take magnesuem citrate this week after my final chemo on Monday. Ok that worked. Not fun to have to do again. But, we do what we must. Have been super dehydrated since. Which is why I have had to go back in for fluids..etc. dr said to continue to take laxatives...suppositories for hemroids. So that i stay ahead of the constipation. Well, I have and now I am really sick. Terrible pain in stomach. Just can't figure out what to do so that I do not feel sick. Anyone else have this situation? I am so over it. I feel like I have taken a bunch of meds on an empty stomach. Ouch.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated:)

• MsTori

Jennifer, just going by your last statement- pain in stomach; bunch of meds on an empty stomach. Maybe it's your stomach too? Any acid indigestion, stabbing stomach pains? Nausea? Maybe endoscopy would help? Just throwing it out there.

• Jennifer404

Ms tori-yes, all of the above. Burns, stabbing pains. I feel like I have over medicated for constipation:/

You know, I have fallen into one of those situations where if I treat one se it causes another. I am gonna lay off all the recommended drugs til tomorrow. I think the magnesium citrate worked too well.

• camillegal

NICKY IT IS GOOD NEWS--YAY

Jennifer Ms. Tori has a point---I really can't help but she makes sense.  Can u give u'rself an enema? or is that to much--Years ago the answer was always an enema, which I realize times have changed so--just saying....right now I have pain in my stomach and feel nauseated but I had extremem diarrhea all night  (I get it all the time) so I don't understand why we have some of the same symptomes--before I take my pills in the morning I eat a banana??? Don't know if that helps for nausea but so many meds say take with food--I assume ever a couple of crackers is good. OK this sounds groos but come on--After having a baby everyone was always constipated and it was awful (yrs ago) and the Drs. would say a suppository or enema, but stand in u'r tub with a bucket under u so it comes out better and easier???? I never heard anyone say that now--but it sure worked along rime ago. I know that sounds stupid now but that's all I know. Sorry

• TonLee
    TonLee Member Posts: 1,589

Jenn,

If you are taking mag. citrate (and not oxide which is soley used as a laxative and can cause cramping) the citrate  shouldn't cause ANY pain.  I take it every single day...500mg...because it has so many other benefits (heart, headaches, sleeping etc)...I've taken it every day for over a year and NEVER had any pain.....

I will say tho that after my final chemo my stomach wasn't right for several weeks....I took Nexium and it seemed to get better.

I'm so frustrated for you.  ((J))

Nicky, yeah for b9!

• omaz

cami - What's the picture of the day?

• camillegal

I might have done this before ??????

• MsTori

Jennifer- it just sounds like it also might be stomach irritation or starting of an ulcer. TonLee said it- she took nexium after last treatment. ?? Might bring it up to doctor.

Nicky- yay!

Cami- thanks for the laughs today, lifted me a little out of the doldrums.