Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

TRIPLE POSITIVE GROUP

Comments

• fluffqueen01
    fluffqueen01 Member Posts: 1,798

Makes me crave a waffle

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653

I make the best French Toast

• eileenohio
    eileenohio Member Posts: 268

Ang-   Best wishes tomorrow. Thoughts and prayers for clean scans.

• ashla
    ashla Member Posts: 1,566

Challah....challah French toast.

• LeeA
    LeeA Member Posts: 1,092

Angie, 

Echoing what Eileenohio posted (thoughts and prayers for your upcoming scans). 

• ashla
    ashla Member Posts: 1,566

Marlene 18,

Awwww...you,your pic and your baby are just beautiful! Your baby is less than 3 mo old?

Welcome.....sorry you are facing this but as you can see here, you are in very good company! Wonderful ladies .

• lago

of course  old Challah. Remember I'm one of the tribe.

Marlene I agree that picture is precious.

• Jlynn0807
    Jlynn0807 Member Posts: 61

Perjeta anyone? 

Triple positive also, and due to start this on Friday.  Has anyone used it, in conjunction with two other meds I cannot spell right this second, but wondered if Perjeta has been on anyone's "things to try" list.  Diagnosed a week ago, stage IV, and trying to prepare self for what's coming my way!

Thanks in advance, and warm wishes to all!

Lynn

• gratitudeforlife
    gratitudeforlife Member Posts: 138

Shasha10 and others going through treatment issues right now,

FWIW, I found that 3-4 days after  treatment, esp., going outside 3-4 times per day, and simply standing there and doing deeeeeeeeeeeeeep breathing exercises for 5-10 mins., made me feel better, cleared my head and gave me a bit of energy. If I could not make it out the door to walk, I would do laps on the main floor of my home or try to climb stairs (some days I could not do that do to low red blood cell count, I think). Also, I would do leg lifts (to the side and front), holding on to the kitchen counter, leg squats, and I would do arm circles, marching, etc., just to get blood flowing and keep joints lubricated. I always felt lousy and sore 2-3 days after those hideous Neulasta shots. 

When my appetite was nil, I found Cream of Wheat cereal with molasses (good for iron), flaxseed and wheatgerm tasted okay. 

So sad that several of you are suffering. It TOTALLY stinks, but a lot of us got through it, and so will all of you wonderful, indomitable women.

• TonLee
    TonLee Member Posts: 1,589

Lago,

I will work up something for you in the next couple days and PM you :)

Good luck on your scan tomorrow Ang!  Hope they are all CLEAR.

Welcome Marlene.  Sorry you're here, but glad you found us!

• LeeA

Welcome Marlene and Lynn.  Best wishes to you both as you start out on this path.  

• arlenea
    arlenea Member Posts: 1,150

Ang:  Best wishes on your scans...always frightening.  I'm getting tired of going to the onc every 3 months because it always puts a fright that they might find something in my bloodwork so know a bit how you feel!

Welcome Marlene and Lynn. You will find comfort here.

Lynn:  Perjeta sounds familiar but that is about it for me. 

• Marlene18
    Marlene18 Member Posts: 48

Thanks for the welcome. Yes, Ashla, I was diagnosed at 18 weeks so my super-baby Chloe and I have already gone through 4 cycles of AC before a short break in treatment for her to be born. Despite the challenge of being a new mother, she is a great inspiration for me to take the best possible care of myself at this time.

I really appreciate the good advice contained all througout this thread - thank you all for that.

• LeeA

Marlene, wow.  I cannot imagine... 

I just read your post to my husband.  You have really been through so much but what a great attitude you have!  

I love the photo of you and Chloe 

• LeeA

I just wanted to add that so many times I have thought chemotherapy was similar to pregnancy, i.e. the fatigue, queasiness, eating issues (what sounds good - what doesn't) - and here you are, a survivor of breast cancer, chemotherapy and the entire pregnancy process - all in one fell swoop!  

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Welcome newbies--this is a great thread for learning and people who care. I love the baby picture with u. Such beauty/

• arlenea
    arlenea Member Posts: 1,150

Oh Marlene. So tough what you've been through, much more than any of us could imagine.  Beautiful baby! 

• cgesq
    cgesq Member Posts: 183

Marlene,

You are truly a heroine!  Love the pic of you and your gorgeous baby!!

• lago

Lynn Perjeta crosses the blood brain barrier where Hereceptin does not. It was in trials when I was being treated and is fairly newly approved for metastatic HER2+. This is another great treatment for HER2+ just like Herceptin and  the just recently approved Kadcyla (T-DM1)

• fluffqueen01
    fluffqueen01 Member Posts: 1,798

Jlynn....there is a member named lilylady who is on perjeta. She is on my march 2011 chemo thread, as well as some of the stage four threads. I think she was diagnosed at stage IV and has been through the wringer with all her treatments. Neat lady.

Marlene....wow...that is all I can say. You have earned SuperWoman status in my book. I threw up for three months with both my pregnancies. Now that I think about it, I think I felt worse being pregnant the first three months than I did on chemo.

French Toast.....I love it....especially the really thick ones that have lots of egg mixture on it, and butter, and a bowl of real maple syrup for dipping. Yum! Went to brunch today and I resisted the creme brûlée french toast. Had an omelette with Fresh fruit instead.

Now I want French toast, lol.

• Jennt28
    Jennt28 Member Posts: 1,095

I want to complain!

It's dinner time here in Australia. I just got home from a full day at work and now you have me craving waffles or French toast when I actually have to cook something with protein and vegetables for hubby and kids...

Welcome all the new members. I am SO SORRY you have to be here.

Jenn

• cypher
    cypher Member Posts: 447

Ang, good luck tomorrow! 

Jlynn, sorry you have to be here.  Perjeta was approved really recently and my understanding is that they don’t’ give it to you unless herceptin + chemo doesn’t seem to be working on you.  I’m on a clinical trial to see if it’s effective in lowering the recurrence rate in early stage her2+ women, so if they do put you on it, we can compare notes.  However, I am probably in the placebo group (don’t know for sure though).  I know it’s a really scary diagnosis but it seems like they are getting more and more tools in their arsenal to fight the kind of cancer we all have/had.  The trial is called Aphinity – there is a thread on that, and also a stage IV thread that I think is called “perjeta anyone?”  I don’t know how useful the aphinity thread would be for you but since there are so few of us who are on it (or maybe on it in my case).  I will say that every time I have an SE that I think might be perjeta, it seems to be a herceptin SE.  These are mostly minor things, unless you end up with an ejection fraction problem.

Marlene, wow, you can take chemo while pregnant?  That really surprises me.  Wow that has got to be really tough.  Your baby is darling.

• shore1
    shore1 Member Posts: 591

TonLee, I'm trying to mix up my work outs a little bit, and took a spin class for the first time ever at 5:30 this morning (way too early for me but the only time I can fit it in!). So while I'm on the bike, I thought "I wonder what TonLee thinks of spin?" ha ha - see how inspirational you are to me? So... what do you think of it?

• lago

cypher there are a lot of chemos you can take while pregnant. Amazing!

One of the more common SE I've noticed for those taking for Perjeta is diarrhea

• Jlynn0807

Thanks for the answers ladies.

Cypher, this is to be my first anything.  I have had no treatment so far, only diagnostic tests.  My onc seems confident I will be starting it this week though.  I expect to hear from them today, so will let post when I do.  I do know that with the newer medicine, the TM1-1 (I prob have this wrong)...protocol there is definetely to have been treated with another form of chemo that did not work.  I did a lot of research last night on the Perjeta, and it has been labelled a "Godsend" to many Stage IV women.  Very promising medication.  I will do what it takes, so whatever the se's are, I have to be ready for them....though I am sure there is no way to really prepare yourself for the lovely effects of chemo!

Lago, thank you for the information, trying to learn as much as I can.  Overwhelming describes how it feels for sure.  I love your pic too.  Hairstyle is nice!! (Getting mine cut tomorrow to prepare for loss when chemo begins....it is rather long and a cut like yours looks very nice to me right now...less fussing with my hair anyway!!). 

Thank you all for the welcome.

Warm wishes!

Lynn

• ang7894
    ang7894 Member Posts: 427

Thank you ladies, on my way out the door now.  talk to you all soon.

• lago

Jlynn0807 my bangs are a little longer now. I highly recommend cutting your hair short before it falls out or it will be a big mess. I did cut mine short although not as short as I wear it now. I am wearing my bangs a bit longer than the photo from last august. The cover my eyebrow. Here's my hair transition linky. The first picture on the right is 1 week before BMX (I had surgery first). The next photo is 2 days after it started to fall out… and I had it cut that short and thinned the day it started to fall out. Next photo you can see I've lost a lot of hair but still have quite a bit.

• camillegal

Good Morning all-

Jlynn I hope u'r SE are very mild for u--everyone has different things but some aren't so bad--but I'm sure u anxious to get it started and it sound like it'll be soon. and the only thing I really know about is tell u'r Dr. exactly how u feel all the time. They can help so much.

Everyone on here so so knowlegeable and helpful so Marlene and Jlynn u can count on answers to almost anything u think of.

Cypher u are so interesting, u always have been.

• Jlynn0807

Thanks Camille.....been trying my darndest to find someone else on Perjeta, even on other forums.  Seems like it's so new, that not many people have been exposed to it.  Waiting for the phone to ring.....I pray my onc gets the pre cert he needs.  Seems to me like we shouldn't have to wait for that huh?  Should be a given.  That's just my thinking, but I know the world tends to evolve around the allmighty buck!!

Having a decent day today.  My mind seems to be "accepting" this better.  Getting some things in order, bills I've ignored, etc.  I don't intend to sit around and let this knock me on my keister!  Well the cancer I mean.  I've heard enough re the chemo to know it could be a fun ride!!

Lynn

• camillegal

Lynn u will have to be our reporter for this chemo--so pay attention and tell us to whatever is happening OK/