OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433

Well actually its not just computers its cell phones too. I have the same phone I got when I signed up for cell service 4 years ago. My kids laugh at it, and say mom nobody uses those anymore, you cant even text on it! I say, well I dont text anyway. But you cant take pictures with it either..Well thats what a camera is for. I am just electronic-illiterate. I dont have a Kindle either, I still actually read books!and Im even known to go to the library!

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858

Do you have any idea how many times I was gonna throw the puter out of the 4th floor window?

Marywh...I don't text either.i have one of those old phones too.3ys.and I still cannot get it right.

Been on the puter for so many yrs when they called it keypunch..

Blame it on bc.it suks.

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

Mary, keep that 2 year old, think of how much $$$$$ he/she can make when they grow up or then agan by fixng your stuff

yeah, I don't text either but one of these days I think I need to learn..pharmacy wanted my cell number so they could text me when my meds were ready....I told them my phone dosn't do text and they clearly felt very sorry for me.  Seems they do not call only text when the stuff is ready

GGGGRRRRRR or is that a dif thread?

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

OMG we're all alike--I was talking to my sister on the phone and we could not hear each other so we said bad connection let's hang up. When I did hang up I had the phone upside doewn. Oh it's rough with all this new stuff.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921

Cami, that gave me a good laugh!

Newest research shows that cancer patients and their partners have more anxiety than people who haven't had cancer. No s**t Sherlock. How would they feel if they've been mugged once and a stranger is following them down the street?  I can't believe someone got paid for that "research". Oh, and they have more depression, too.

• marywh

Oh my gosh that sounds like me and my camera. But that reminds me of my fil, before he died,we made him get a cell phone to keep up with him. He was terrible about setting it down everywhere. He lost it for good one day. couldnt find it anywhere. called it and it never turned up. After he died we were moving things out of his house and geuss where we found his phone? In his freezer.

• camillegal

Ph mary bless his heart---One time I finally found my keys--in the freezer.

Wren they actually got a grant to study that? cuz u do get money--can't we think of something to get a grant and just make up the obvious or ask each other--that's all. LOL See I'm all for grants that make sense but not for grants that are plain stupid, it curls my toenails worse than they are--now there's a grant idea--toenails. Or should women shave their heads first or just wait til it falls out--would they feel better.? See we can come up with a bunch. LOL

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909

Good morning, hooligans!

• proudtospin

I at times get home from work and cannot find my front door key!  since it is on a key chain that also has my car key I know it has to be in the hand bag....by prius has a magic key that starts the car as long as you have the key anywhere close as in the bottom of the hand bag.....I have had to dump the contents of my bag just to find it

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909

Sorry ladies, I got lost. I apologize for calling you hooligans. Even veggy. :)

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

We have something my DH and I say as we go out the door, "Wallet, keys, phone?"  Usually I have to hunt down my keys - He says we should have a gps that finds the keys but I said, "I would probably lose that too"  - Now we have an extra set hanging when I am late for an appt and I can just grab them and run.. and usually forget something else LOL...

Veggy:

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860

It used to be that I never carried my keys when hubby was driving - because after all we wouldn't need them, he had his, right?  Well, that worked great up until the car key broke - yes BROKE - one day, and though he got the car started it would have been MUCH easier, had I had my set along.  So now, I always have my keys - but I can never find them.  I know they are in my purse somewhere, but until everything else is on the floor or table or something, the keys elude me.

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726

good morning Veggy love that....

no matter how many times I tell people that I am oh chemo forever or until it stops working, they keep asking how many more I have....these are friends and it feels like they don't listen to when I talk....so frustrating...

• marywh

Blondie, most people just dont get it.

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726

nope mary!!!  that is why I treasure you alll

• proudtospin

I have been trying to organize my non-medical life in a way that reduces my stress.  Like when possible, I will hire someone to do stuff, when I can afford it of course

yesterday, I moved a bunch of retirement funds to a managed account as I really felt I needed help with the dang management,  Of course my pal (who is  CFP and a lawyer and a really good pal, thinks I am wasting money and can do it on my own with a few suggestions from her

for me, that is more stress and I do not need it!  hoping next time we talk, I can convince her that the few hundred dollars will be worth it to me.  I can not change the results of my mamos so I need to be able to focus on that stress, I am not nuts am I?

• marywh

I did the same thing about 6 months ago, only mine were in stocks and the way the market goes up and down I didnt trust it. Wish I had waited till now to sell them, as the market is phenomenal (sp) right now, but it could easily go the other way. So Im happy to have what I have.

• proudtospin

got a mamo next week, a screening job on both boobies and I can not "outsource" that little goodie so need someone to take care of other stuff and mano, do I not want to have to watch the stock market!

If I am going to run out of money, well so be it at least I get to blame someone else!

gees, get me to the next mamo, let it be good, let me get my nasty jersey diner breakfast afterwards to celebrate...I am simple!

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Took time to get here today. First real winter storm has hit and it is cold. Have had thunder and meant to get hail later.

• FireKracker

Dont even mention the stock market....dirty word.

I lost soooo much $$$$$ when AIG went down..

grrrrrrrrrrrrr.I will never ever buy any stock....ever!!!

end of rant.xo

• proudtospin

granny, we can be poor together!  we need to buy a boat load of lottery tickets!

• camillegal

The stocks have been brutal--oh I don't have any. LOL

Alyson I temorarely forgot where u lived and I thought what is she talking about---Winter where u are now--OH--Since I don't really have to fo out in it much (like before) I kind of like winter now, It's cozy and comfy to me.

• FireKracker

Proudtospin....God forbid that happens you know where i live....Ill get u in here and we can be even closer neighbors...cool.....

im sure thats not gonna happen tho....you will do just fine.....the market is comin back...AIG will never come back tho....its ok...im happy where i live....

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

I just popped in to say goodnigh from this part of the world and have no idea what is going on or what the previous post is about.

Anyway I wish to say goodnight

And remember we still haven't found a cure for stupid.

• camillegal

Oh Alyson I know--I'm proof of that. hahaha

Good Morning--I have nothing stupid to say, oh wait I do.

Wurm I'm sorry u saw all that, that was not the normal sometimes people just have bad times and take it out on some that really can't do anything. We're still going as a group and having fun too and we talk about our hurts too--please don't judge by some things that happened we are a wonderful group of ladies that found some lighthearted thing to get our minds off of what is really happening or happened to us. And sometimes people get very sensitive and we miss that somehow and just continued. Please don't judge us by the recent happenings we are a caring group and really like each other. So I hope u give us a try and if not I do truly understand.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

For the record...........There is nothing "heroic" about finding out you have the Brac genes, and haveing elective surgery to have your breasts removed..............................

I said this before, and I have not changed my mind...........go on Stage 1V, some staring death in the face. go on the threads of women who have had Chemo....barely able to function....young girls with babies not knowing they carry the gene because maybe, just maybe they could not afford the $4,000 for the test........all insurance does not pay for it............Rads, where they burn so bad they can't wear a shirt..............Femara, Arimidex, shall I continue....yes think  will........losing your hair, joint pain so bad you can't get out of bed......nausea......mouth sores.....enough..........none of these things to be concerned about for AJ

How about a little Heroic talk for those ladies..............pleeeeeeeeeeease, don't dare tell me AJ's sad or heroic story...she had a say in what happened to her because she found out what was in her body, had time to think, what should I do?, finally .......she woke up one morning and said "hmm think I will go have my breasts removed, by my choice, with the best surgeon we can find, probably in the best hospital in the country, and will have my boobs replaced with whatever size I desire...........not Chemo, no Rads, No AI's.........just back home to recover............sure no woman wants to go through losing their breasts................................however

How many of you on this website had the choice....no you found out from either yourself, or a mammogram that you got hit by the bullet...........no should I do this.........damn it......................you were told you had CANCER, CANCER, CANCER DAMN IT............then told your choices, and one was not to have elective surgery.......................it was we need to do this now.

So whoever I pissed off, I don't care........who do I love........the ladies who have given up their life to cancer....................sorry I apologize for nothing i said.................

• FireKracker
    Worm..I lost this topic I didn't leave.

And you should never have brought this topic here.

These sistas on here no mess e since 2010.

If you know everything about what went on what exactly are u tryin to do here?

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

Hey we are happy chickens here - no messing up the mojo!

chickens

• proudtospin

posting on message boards or not is purely voluntary, I have no clue what ticked off this rant

leave or not