OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

interesiting! guess like everthing, prices are being squeezed

sorry to hear that farming is not as profitable as the past.  I know a couple of the local NJ farmers and they all say the same thing, selling the land would be more profitable.  One guy I know, he grows veggies and at this time of year, he sells baskets of veggies to us non farmers

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

Nothing like "farm fresh" .....ever ate a Jersey tomato.....be still my heart.......problem is in our neck of the woods you can only get it in late spring, all summer, and early fall. After that "foogetaboudit"

• proudtospin

my fav farm stand sells " tomatoes, jersey tomatoes, and HIS jersey tomatoes"

I think his are the best!  whatever his combo of seeds and soil, hits me!  yeap, I eat em till I get hives....

• duckyb1

I make a dish with zucchini, fresh tomatoes, garlic, onion, and fresh basil, that is amazing....we call it cucuzza in italian....you can eat it like that...put it on patsta, fish, or anything pretty much....I like it just in a bowl with crusty italian bread to sop it up....yummy

• proudtospin

sounds divine to me, in my next life, I am coming back Italian! you guys have such good cooks in your life!

actually, I have all the parts but the fresh basil and thinking about dinner options now!  but got fresh rosemary and tyme so maybe I can cheat?

• proudtospin

sounds divine to me, in my next life, I am coming back Italian! you guys have such good cooks in your life!

actually, I have all the parts but the fresh basil and thinking about dinner options now!  but got fresh rosemary and tyme so maybe I can cheat?

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Oh Ducky haven't had that in a long time---I like it by itself too--but I guess u can put one of the chickens in it oooohhh I forgot Laying chickensWinku know like the farm that u tell kids where their pets are sent to when they are old.

One time on of my best GF's made pasta fagioli (sp) and when she had it put together she could find the right beans so she used garbonza beans--It was horrible and as we're eating it the flavor was good but the beans ick, but we had to eat it cuz she made it and it took her time up. She's another goofy character.

It feels warm out today---and a lottle sunny--we were supposed to have rain all weekend. It's raining somewhere???

• duckyb1

Proud...get the fresh basil, or even dry will work....can't guarantee the other 2..,they are pretty dominant spices......might pay to wait

• proudtospin

ducky, next weekend then!  sides I have turkey meatballs in the frezzer so will b creative on the sauce, but need to do your dish!

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433

Just got rid of my crew after a big fathers day dinner, Every fathers day card for dh had something to do with farts-does that tell you anything?

• duckyb1

Lol, sure does......

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

That stinks!

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909

Lol Mary! Glad it went well.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Contemplating if I need another cup of coffee today. Shouldn't but probably will as DD gave me her coffee machine.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

• marywh

I can never figure out what day it is anyway.lol

• proudtospin

well at least it is sunny here and rumor has it that it will be a nice upcoming Friday so I am going to focus on plans for a nice weekend...

• marywh

I lied. Dh did get a really nice card from dd. But after all the I love yous and you're the best dads she ps's and says, And daddy, my grass is getting really long-do you think you can bring the tractor over soon? What a princess...lol

• duckyb1

Me either....last week went for an MRI on a Sunday, that was scheduled for the next day...Monday...could not figure out why there was no traffic, and the parking lot had just 4 cars in it......lol

Then last Thursday went for a dr appt at 9, that was scheduled for 10.........scary...Lola

• proudtospin

well last month, I remembered that I had a doc appt but could not remember how to  get to the docs office.  Sat at the end of the drive thinking, left or right? figured right was easier to get out with traffic so, 50/50 chance and I was right

• duckyb1

Lol

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

Oh, it makes me so happy that I'm not the only one - I keep a daytimer next to me in the car so when I get down my hill, I remember what I was going to do.. I really hate going to the grocery store and soon as I step into the store, I forget what I went for. I usually get stuff and when I get back home I remember DOH!   Oh, and then the big one:

forgetting

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858

Oh yeah...today I needed all your laughs..

Veggy.just love your 2 letter comments..

Alyson..and Marywh..what day is today? I think I have to see the onco..yeah I do

And ducky...your story was the best.i did that more then once.

proud to spin....I'm shocked at your comment..you getting lost? Nah..

• proudtospin

Granny, you kidding?  not sure some days if you are south of me or north of me~~

• veggy

Thanks Granny!

• duckyb1

My SIL said to my daughter one time...."AND WE LET HER WATCH OUR KIDS"...,,,lol

• marywh

Today is Monday. Ptetty good on Mondays. Its later on in the week I lose track...

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921

My book club meets at members' houses. Last meeting, I was trying to figure out how to get there with all the construction going on. It wasn't until I was on my way north that I remembered how I usually get there. That was really scary. I don't have chemo as an excuse.

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858

Cracking up laughing.

Love this tread.i lost it for a while..didnt realize how much fun you sistas have here.or maybe I just forgot...

Proudtospin...are u north or south of me?you know I come from Brooklyn where there is no north or south...I don't get it at all.i know north from where I live is toward NYC and south is goin toward pa.but that's it.

Veggy...thanks for your two words..I think 3 would be betta....come on try it.

• veggy

Just two.