OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783

Ducky... That's wonderful about Grayson and  the new GG child too..

FC..... What do you mean when the time is right you'll be back?    What am I missing?

• dutchiris

Luv (and  anyone else)....I  said I was looking for a winter coat.  I'll share why I am looking for a new coat.  My daughter (16 yo  at the time)  went to the mall to look for a dress for a school dance.    We found one and were at the counter paying for it.   My daughter picked  up  a bottle of fingernail  polish.   She dropped it on the floor.   How many times do you suppose a  closed bottle of fingernail polish has been dropped and nothing bad happened?  Well this one broke.  Not  only broke but splattered  on the front of the counter,  floor,  her coat, my coat, my purse,  my jeans,  and my shoes.   Could she have dropped a bottle of clear fingernail polish?  Oh no, it  was a bright green.   The cashier was very nice.   My daughter said she would have cried if the woman want so nice.  I kept my cool pretty well too.  

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858

ducky----oh wow...congrats..you are 1 ahead of me. And our Grayson is sitting up.yay God is good.

Dutch...I'm gonna put this out there .....I have a stalker???please no replies cause the mods no all about it?so I'm not on the boards that much anymore???that's fine with me....enuf said

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150

Mary - I didn't lose any of my hair on Gezmar. It came in a beautiful white but now it is getting darker.

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484

FC - Love you bunches.

Sharon - sorry for the polish nightmare. I would have freaked out. Were you able to clean the other things? Glad the saleslady was so kind to you. Not like your DD did it on purpose.

I am moving like a slug this am. Was so late that I did not get off to SS. But will finish and go to church services in a bit. Then wedding shower at church this afternoon. Need to go by grocery and get a gift card. I seem to be out of the loop there (my fault entirely for not attending reg.) but haven't been to big town in several weeks so has to be gift card. I hope announcements have some place their registered and grocery has one for it.

• Alyson

Cancer sucks no matter what sort. Have just heard my 18yr old great nephew has lymphoma.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

horrible...prayers for him

• FireKracker

Oh Alyson...im soooo sorry to hear that news.

Ill be prayin...

cancer sure does suk...big time.

xo firekracker

• dutchiris

That's awful, Alyson.   I'm so sorry.

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895

Alyson, so very sorry your family has to be touched by this again. Hugs and prayers for your nephew and your entire family. Hoping for the very best outcome.

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667

((((HUGS)))) and prayers for your nephew Alyson and you as well.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Alyson, So sorry about nephew. Is the leukemia & lymphoma society as big in Auckland as it is here?

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

Alyson, Prayers for your nephew, you nd your family.

• sas-schatzi

so, Granny who IS your stalker? You have alluded to it so many times. I and many others are curious?

• sas-schatzi

Bones--8pm EST she may be getting married!

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667

Sas, you wouldn't be happy about her getting married would you?! lol I noticed you posted this on several threads. I don't watch much TV anymore but I do love Kathy Reichs books with Tempe Brennan.

• Alyson

Stupid is a nurse who doesn't listen about where they can find a vein. Had Ct scan today and my hand is so bruised and sore. Have bad veins but this was ridickalus They had to get Dr who had two goes using an ultra sound to find vein but he was lovely, finally used my foot and was successful. Contrast always makes me shaky and with my hand so bruised and sore I am feeling so tired.

• veggy

I had chemo today. The nurse had to use a vein in my arm for the IV. She did a good job. She even said that after one try if she couldn't get it started that she would have someone else do it. I like her style. Doctor told me that my tumor markers went down half way since I have been on gezmar. YEAH! I just wish I had more energy.

DS#2 has to go for a CT scan on Wednesday. He just had an echocardiogram last week. Poor guy is nervous. He had me come in with him for the echocardiogram even though I explained it to him what would happen. He's just too cute.

I'm ready to take some pills and go to sleep. It's been a long day.

Hugs!

• duckyb1

sleep well Veggy...."

• FireKracker

This is late for me but I just got in and I was thinkin of you Alyson....Ouch from the foot.Damn.

And you my sweet Veggy...so glad that ur tumor markers went down.Gezmar sounds like the magic bullet..keeping you in my prayers....Im prayin for your son too..Would love to see u before the snow comes......

• dutchiris

Woohoo Veggy!

How frustrating  for you Alyson.   At least it's done.  Hoping for good CT  results for you.

• ndgrrl
    ndgrrl Member Posts: 645

Ouch to the IV in the foot. They talked of doing that to me before and I cringe at the thought.

How is this for stupid? Found out today from a phone call stating I needed to contact the mammography center for a 6 month check up. I got an automated call on Sat stating this when they are closed.

So I had to stress all weekend and I called the breast center and said what is up with needing a 6 month check up? to which they informed me that when doing my original biopsy in July they had found that I have a complicated cyst at the 11:00 position in my right breast the same breast I had the lumpectomy in. The lumpectomy was at the 12:00 postion, which I had done in August.

She decided on a wait and see approach on the complicated cyst in the 11:00 position- and now they want me to set up an appt to re- ultrasound it in Januaray.. Really? and what if its suspicous then? I get to go through all this AGAIN? WTH??? If it was suspicious then and close to the original site why would they not have biopsied it then? It makes no sence!!

• sas-schatzi

ndgrll HMMMMMMMMMMMMM sounds like a new crew is needed. What is that idiot boss doing?

Kathy--yup, LOve Bones.... Seeley and Tempe's and all the characters have been done so well. AND the scripts are innovative.

Alyson, sorry you had to experience that with the IV's. shouldn't of happened that way.

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895

Hi All!

Alyson, maybe this makes your 3 crappy things and everything will start looking up now! I have hard veins to find too and can sympathize. I refuse to let them use hands and they have not gone after feet yet. Sorry you had to go through that, but hoping you receive absolutely normal results!

Veggy! Wonderful news about the tumor markers! Now to go down the rest of the way! Holding a good thought and a prayer for your DS too.

Ndgrrl, I went through the mammo and US showing "dense tissue" to OMG it's BC 15 months later. It is a bitter pill to swallow that they didn't take it too seriously to begin with. I pray for you it turns out to be nothing more than aggravation. Now I just tell the docs I am the monster patient they created and don't let them leave a single stone unturned. Best of luck for you.

DutchIris, hope your week is going well.

Hi Granny! Love your spitfire attitude :0)

Hope everyone else is having a good week so far too!

• veggy

Strangely I'm feeling pretty good right now. I took my pain pills and anxiety medicine last night and slept like a baby. I got up at 11:47. I have a 4 foot pile of laundry. It's time to get off my lazy bum!

• FireKracker

easy does it..the laundry can wait...

I'm so glad u finally had a good nite sleep.

I am the fireKracker

• duckyb1

You certainly are.............pppppzzzzzzzzzz......there she blows.........lol........

• FireKracker

thanks Ducky for the name

If the shoe fits wear it!!!

And. I do.

Huggggs to you.

• duckyb1

bigger hugs back........"