Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703

Lovely pic Alyson.! Hope you feel better soon!

• PoppyK
    PoppyK Member Posts: 1,275

One of my neighbors and facebook friends just posted on fb about Graviola being a miracle cancer killer.... stronger than chemo drugs...the drug companies don't want us to know about.... I replied to her post that Graviola damages nerve/brain cells and causes Parkinson's-like symptoms. Should I have ignored it? Or warn her that it isn't safe?

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

Poppy, I think you did the right thing, these dumb cures are stressful when tossed in your face.

• DayLily15
    DayLily15 Member Posts: 34

cute piggies !!!!

well i saw a PT yesterday, and got the "why do you think you got it ?" she was sweet but i have read the first pages of this thread and all i could think was id eaten my aspargus lol not made a bra from. i didnt say it out loud [coward :)] i told her it is because i have breasts o.0

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

No cure for stupid. It is not as if you had a fall and sprained and sprained your boob. Maybe she is only used to dealing with injuries. But then maybe she is stupid. 

• DayLily15
    DayLily15 Member Posts: 34

alyson , you said it, the bounty debate would of dropped her on the spot :)

• PoppyK

Good answer! The number one risk factor is being a woman and I'm not doing anything to change that.

Another one of my friends posted on Facebook about how essential oils kill cancer cells better than chemo does. I almost replied: So does pouring salt on them..... which can be done in a petri dish, but not in a human body.

BTW, my friend who posted about Grav whatever it was replied to my comment. She said that it was awful that what she posted kills cancer and also brain/nerve cells. So it looks like my well intended message was received.

My DH has been wonderful during this BC crap.... but this morning as he watched me try to walk downstairs, make coffee and tend to the pets.... he asked "are you always going to walk like that? what did your doctor say?" Well, I may be 50 but I walk around (especially in the morning) like I'm 100. I just gave him stink eye and told him "don't talk to me". Not nice, but he got the message.

• Lucy55

Daylily ... Excellent answer! I love it! :-)

• Lucy55

Poppy.. Glad your friend got the message.!!

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702

I've got to catch up on you all. Happy Friday!!

Funny for the day. This would be my cat. She doesn't have a whole lot of patience.

• SlowDeepBreaths

Thinking of you GMA. Hope all went well for you today!! Please let us know how you're doing when you can!!

• proudtospin

Slow, wondering on GMA also but love the picture, especially as I sit here listening to the thunder and rain

• SlowDeepBreaths

PTS, she was supposed to have surgery yesterday. I'm hoping all went well for her. I wanted to give her a few days before I sent a PM.

Thunder, lightening and rain here today. We need rain so badly here. Very unusual for this time of year though.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far.

• proudtospin

thanks Slow, she is such a nice person but a rest from computer stuff is likely nice

I just spent a couple hours with no computer due to some stupid thing but called help line and nice your man fixed me up

hate this computer, should have bought an Apple I guess

• SlowDeepBreaths

PTS, She is a sweetheart! I miss her when she isn't around.

I'm a pretty good Googler, so I can fix most everything on my Windows computer.

I know zero about Apple products. The only thing I've ever owned Apple related is my iPod.

My DD has a Mac and she loves it.

• proudtospin

before I retired, I had a programmer names Pinky who always fixed my mistakes, he used to tell me that I clicked too fast.....guess that is what I did this morning, but in gear again!

• SlowDeepBreaths

hahaha PTS. A programmer named Pinky....how funny. I'd much rather be a fast clicker than a slow clicker!!

• proudtospin

Pinky was a tall Indian who wore a turban. When asked why he was knickname Pinky he said it was because he was pink when he was born....also his full name was one of those long Indian names that are hard to pronounce! The only part of my job I miss is having Pinky to fix my silliness on computer

• SlowDeepBreaths

How nice! Your own computer guru. Hunting down a computer problem can often take hours. I wish I had one of those.

I was going to ask how he got the name pinky. I must admit my mind didn't go to a good place at first. hahaha

• proudtospin

actually I have run into several Indians with the nickname of Pinky so guess it is common!

but got the machine working again! proud of myself

• SlowDeepBreaths

Wow. Seems like that would be problematic if they are in the same family. haha Pinky1 & Pinky2??

I'm glad you got it working again!!

• Lucy55

BaHaHa :-) :-) :-)

• SlowDeepBreaths
  • PoppyK

LOL! Every year! I hate that darn exam.

I passed the tests this year, but still need to do my fasting blood test. Oh, and colonoscopy. First one... ugh.

• proudtospin

ooh, got my annual coming up soon, passed the derm checkup

working on a back/spine issue so wish me the best on that one

• SlowDeepBreaths

PoppyK....UGH!! I don't do colonoscopies anymore. After my reconstruction it would be like threading a needle into a piece of string!! Hoping all turns out for you. Will they be putting you out, or do you prefer to be awake?

PTS, I hope you get that back into shape. Back pain just sucks.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

I drove myself home yesterday - it was hot and painful but I made it. I waited to take the surgical bandages off until I got home and they were all stuck. PS did dissolvable stitches and perma-bond... I had the PS paged to ask him what to do and he called me back in less than 5 minutes! He told me to just sit in a warm shower until they fell off and apologized to me - especially after I told him the gauzed missed part of the stitches and the stitches were taped... I waved the pain meds he prescribed as I couldn't drive myself home if I took them. Was in alot of pain from the swell last night, but doing better with tylenol and 1/2 a tylenol #3 that I had left over from the pain doc. I guess I have to take it easy for about a week.

• SlowDeepBreaths

Gentle hugs to you GMA. I sent you a PM.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978

My yearly grandkid picture before my revision surgery. Love having a few days with all 3 of them.

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541

Tuesday is my first mamo since I started treatment last August. Hoping for ned. Love, Jean