Support us when you check out at Walgreens Learn more here: Walgreens collaboration.

OMG They Found the Cure for Stupid

Comments

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703

Slow.. HaHa... It's so luxurious to spend a raining morning lying around the house in my jammies.. but rest assured , if ever I do it., it's when.I get an unexpected visitor.. or a parcel delivery.!!!!!!

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702

hahaha Lucy. I just don't answer my door!!

• Gina4h
    Gina4h Member Posts: 51

Gave up on caring about things like pajamas after the last chemo treatment. If someone is offended by my bald head and old comfy jammies, they can close their eyes and go away.

• SlowDeepBreaths

hahaha Gina. So true.

I have a sign by my doorbell that says I don't open the door to strangers. There is nothing more annoying to me than to be upstairs and have a solicitor come to my door. After putting up the sign, I rarely have anyone knock anymore.

• Lucy55

• SlowDeepBreaths

Count me in!!!

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541

Jammies! I just love my jammies. Today the kids wear them to the supermarket so why should I worry. As long as my privates are covered I'm fine! Love, Jean

• SlowDeepBreaths

• Lucy55

• PoppyK
    PoppyK Member Posts: 1,275

LOL

This morning only my own kids were in the house (no friends sleeping in the guest room or on a couch or floor), so I decided to enjoy a nice early morning cup of coffee in my robe.... my short robe. Nothing but my short robe. I knew my kids wouldn't be awake for at least an hour or two.... And what happens? The AC repair man showed up out of the blue, bright and early! I'd been waiting for him for almost 2 weeks! Took me about 30 seconds to decide what to do! Oh well, the repair request did ask them to call first!

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

Poppy, so was the AC repair guy cute?  hope he appreciated you~~

• zjrosenthal

The Stupid Parents flier was posted in the guidance counselor's office in the middle school where I worked. Gotta love it. Love, Jean

• Lucy55

• PoppyK

He was a nice guy (liked my dogs and guinea pigs), but not what I would call cute. At least my post-surgery boobs are up where they should be. I saw my GP yesterday and a new GYN today, and they both told me what a fantastic job my PS did. LOL

One of my friends posted this on facebook. It made me think of the things people say to us. I cried to my DH over the phone today about how I'm tired of feeling like cr@#..... and tired of medical appts.

Hypothyroid Mom's photo.

• PoppyK

poo, it's not posting

• PoppyK

• SlowDeepBreaths

"Poppy, so was the AC repair guy cute? hope he appreciated you~~"

hahahahaha PTS!!!

Big hugs to you PoppyK. You cry all you want to. It's good to get it out!!

• SlowDeepBreaths
  • PoppyK

LOL! Slow, that's so true!

• Lucy55

Slow... HaHaHa.!! That's hilarious :-)

• zjrosenthal

Anybody here ever get tired of people telling you how good you look? Come on folks. I have almost no hair, eyelashes are almost non existant, nails are a mess. I can hardly walk due to pain in my hips and knees and stiff as a board. I stumble around like a drunk due to no feeling in my feet from neuropathy. Aaaaagghhh! BawlingOk, rant over. Thanks. Love, Jean

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646

Z.............Love it.......well put.....could not have said it better myself.........LOL.......I didn't lose hair, or eyebrows, or lashes...............nails got a mess, but my fault from gettling Gel manicures........however.........I was 75 when I got cancer......;now 80.............on my best day I do not look "good"....................If I get anymore wrinkles I will be able to screw my hat on.....................so "you look good is not the truth", but thanks for lying anyway...............LMAO.....

• proudtospin

ducky, but when folks tell you that you look good, they are looking at you soul and good heart! hmmm, thinking that is true for many of us

• zjrosenthal

Bald is beautiful, hair is overrated. Wrinkles are just grooves for the makeup to sink into! Gotta love it. Jean

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

What do you say when someone asks 'how are you'?

I would look at the and ask if they want to conventional answer or the truth. Most people don't know how to answer that.

Big hugs

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

• PoppyK

Alyson, When answering the question "How are you", I consider who is asking. Many close friends and family truly want to know. The poor box boy at the grocery store does not. My answers vary... I'm doing well, I have good days and bad days, the flashes and joint/bone pain are getting old, I'm running away tomorrow, want to join me?.

• proudtospin

Poppy, you must have nicer looking box boys than at my market

• Lucy55

Poppy.. Yes I agree.. I choose how to answer " how are you ".. depending on who I'm talking to..some friends genuinely want to know, others can't handle it if I REALLY tell them how I'm feeling..and yep.. the box boy definitely doesn't want to (or need to) know. :-)

• Lucy55