Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

For Older People with Sense

Comments

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Wow MM you were very young!  I thought I was young at 11 and 1/2 but you beat me hands down!  I also made sure my girls were very aware of what to expect  long before they did need the information.  I always say forewarned is forearmed and even then my eldest DD had a meltdown.  She was determined that she was not going to let all that happen to her........my answer?  sorry babe but you have absolutely no control over mother nature and when she says it's time, it's time.....get over it.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

I started my period at 13. I was at an "away" game playing in a volleyball competition. I had borrowed a friends gym suit. It was white. God has a great sense of humour!!!

Almost ready to leave for my thyroid surgery this morning. I will take any and all prayers please!! See y'all on the other side.

• chrissyb

Barbe, you are in our prayers.  Holding your hand all the way through.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929

Barbe, I also sent out prayers for you. I hope the surgery goes smoothly and your recovery is easy.

Leah

• Isabella4
    Isabella4 Member Posts: 1,352

Good Luck, barbe.

Isabella.

• Kaara
    Kaara Member Posts: 2,101

All the best to you Barbe...praying for a positive outcome for you!

• macatacmv
    macatacmv Member Posts: 1,200

i wake up thinking of ya'll

praying for barbe and wren

waiting for a phone call from gene counselor

typing with left hand cause something happened to my right shoulder during ct scan last week and now i can barely use my right arm  (dx side). So now i can't work again. Am i suppose to just close up shop for awhile?

i went to a super bowl party yesterday, friend picked me up, and most people knew what was going on , but an old employee who i hadn'd seen in years says she has thought about what she would do if dx with bc, just lob them off. i was stunned at how insensitive she was. there is a reason she doesn't work for me anymore.

chrissy i'm thinking of getting a new phone just so i can take great pics for you! lol 

anyway just thought i would check in. 

• Kaara

maca:  I had a problem when I did my scan as well.  My left hand (surgery side) felt like it was being shocked with something very cold...it's the only way I can describe it.  I told the techs and they said it was because it was in a cramped position for so long.  Later, I had such pain in my hand that I could barely use my thumb and forefinger.  It went away after several days, but scared me enough that I no longer wanted any part of rads treatment. It's always something with this bc!

I hope your shoulder gets better. 

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Sending big hugs Barbe and lots of prayers.

Will post some pictures later of our weekend away. It was a holiday yesterday - its Tuesday today here. Dh and I went to a place that has wonderful caves and glow worms- it was really great.

Big hugs to all.

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184

All kinds of flowers are blooming in my neighbor's yard...lucky me

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929

And lucky us!

Thank you, Lisa.

Leah

• QCA
    QCA Member Posts: 1,150

You're right, Leah---lucky us!

Thinking of Barbe and hoping all went well for her.  

Kathy

• Kaara

Lisa:  Very beautiful...looks like a desert flower of some kind.

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

hey everyone.. glad things are "revving" up. after the wkend.. waiting to hear bout Barbe and surgery...

thanks for asking bout me, chrissy.. we tried the brand name synthyroid (duh) and its seems to bother me less, heaven knows why.. it also is cumulative, so it levels better.. gonna increase the dose to 75 this week, the highest we've tried.. he nixed the armour thyroid i wanted to try; bc of my food allergies.. im hoping to get out of the "bed bound" situation soon.. i want a pool with my gkids in my future!!!!!!!!!!!!3jays

• chrissyb

Just read on FB that Barbe has had her op and has come through well.    Great news!

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

Thanks chrissy for letting us know.

• socallisa

Thanks Chrissy

• QCA
    QCA Member Posts: 1,150

Thanks Chrissy.

Kathy

• ptdreamers
    ptdreamers Member Posts: 639

Thanks Chrissy.

• Dilly
    Dilly Member Posts: 394

Thanks Chrissy for the update! We've all been concerned.

((Barbe))

• dragonflymary
    dragonflymary Member Posts: 325

Lisa, you cracked me up with the story about the books!  What a great idea.  Love to all facing surgery and recovering, no matter how long ago it was!  All the period talk reminds me of my Mom. She couldn't even say the word "period" when it was at the end of a sentence.  I remember being shown the private bathroom that girls could use during their periods.  It was the same one the Nuns used!  I suddenly realized that Nuns also had periods!  Sister Agatha Irene--I didn't even know she went to the bathroom!  

Love to all,

Dragon 

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

My sister let y'all know on FB that I got through okay. She doesn't come to BCO. I did GREAT!!! Textbook surgery, no drain, no drama and I was the perfect patient. Surgeon had said 2-4 days but I am very good about drinking lots of fluid, walking around and using the O2 while in bed. My vitals and blood work was excellent so I got to come home!! I am PARANOID about catching something while in the hospital so I was thrilled!!!!! I get the final pathology on Feb 17th. He said he took out 3 tumours, the largest being about an inch and a bit. I feel like I'm breathing all the way up into my brain now...I wish I could explain it better. I'm going on 125 of Thyroxine. Wish me luck!!!

Thanks so much for all the prayers and good wishes. I KNOW that's why I did so well!

• chabba

barbe, glad you got home. I will continue prayers for your full recovery.

• socallisa

Barbe, so glad surgery went well...and you are home..

it is raining here in Southern California...

• chabba

Fascinating plant, and pretty too.

• socallisa

It is what I see when I am doing dishes...

• chrissyb

Yay Barbe!!!  Good to see you home and doing well!!!

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• dragonflymary
    dragonflymary Member Posts: 325

Barbe, so glad the surgery was a success and you're feeling okay.  Dragon

• Kaara

barbe:  So glad you came through the surgery and are already home.  I know what you mean about hospitals...try to stay as far away as possible!!  

Sending you prayers and healing energy! 

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

Barbe, welcome home. Sleep well tonight ... wonderful to hear all went well.