Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

For Older People with Sense

Comments

• Nico1012
    Nico1012 Member Posts: 1,152

Lisa ~  Laughing so hard I think I  WTFA ! !  Bwahahaha!

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604

love those abbrev Lisa.. i have crs, so sure i wont remember them, though lmao      3jays

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Dragon. Barbe was referring to the heart of a rose pic that I posted a little while ago.  We were discussing the edit I did on it.  Are you on Tamoxifen or Arimidex?  Why I ask is that I have heard that both of them can cause some pretty strange dreams.

Hi all! Hope you've had a good day!

(((((Bernie Ellen))))) hope things start to get better soon.

Kim, you can find beauty any where you look in Aus. but if you are after specifics, most people go for The Great Barrier Reef, Uluru, the wine regions of any state you pick, The Blue Mountains outside Sydney, the Rain Forests of North Queensland, The Flinders Ranges in South Australia.  The list can go on and on and it would totally depend on how much money you have as to where you would travel.  Distances here are vast and a lot of people don't realise this until they arrive here.  Most people just see Sydney and The Great Barrier Reef due to cost and time but yes, there is way more to see, enjoy and marvel at.

The last few days have been the very best weather!  Warm sunshine but not hot, gentle breeze but not cold and chilly nights so you can snuggle under blankets and sleep well........my kind of weather.  I've been out already this morning for my walk although the knees did it under protest and I had my nails done........now I need to do some house work so when my DH comes home it looks like I've been busy all day....lol

Love n hugs to all.  Chrissy

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110

Love the abbreviations, Lisa!

{{{{{Bernie Ellen}}}}}

• Mazy1959
    Mazy1959 Member Posts: 254

Lisa luv it LOLOL

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Hi all. Had a busy day. Had LE massage then took my sister up to her son's about hour and a half away. On the way went to get a new bra and a new prosthesis. Evidently little hole was caused by a cat, mine love to knead me and one tries to snuggle under my chin. Fitter said its a very common problem.  One said moggy is now sitting behind the computer screen waiting for his tea.

We had a real laugh out of GD last night. I had her all day and once DH came in we took her home. While collecting up her thingsshe said something about getting 'me shoes'. DH said 'you say my shoes.' GD said 'Why?' So DH explains about pronouns - to a two and a half year old. GD' but why Grandad.' He says 'You are just learning the English language'.  GD replies indignantly, ' Grandad I am not a sandwich'  We did laugh.

Chrissy we are hoping to up to the north of Queensland this year. Must start thinking about it soon.

I suppose the cats had better have some food and had better think about something for DH and I. I am looking forward to this time without my sister (about ten days)

• 3jaysmom

so good to see so many of  us here!

just since im on BCO and made friends of some of you aussie ladies, do relize HOW  vastAustralia is. ive been obssessed by the indiginous aboriginie ples in the past. have some "dingery doo" music someone gave me, i love the stories.. much like our native american indian lore.. or not?     3jays 

• QCA
    QCA Member Posts: 1,150

Bernie Ellen {{{{{HUGS}}}} to you. Hope all goes well and you'll soon have the worst behind you.

And for you and your DH, Dragon. Hoping for good results.

Hope jay#1 gets more amiable soon, 3jays.  Good to see you. I know how you feel about wonder boy Fischer.  Our DGS is the light of our lives and so far the one and only grandchild.  Before he came along I had no idea how precious they are. 

Alyson, I know you've posted in the past about your sister and it's so kind of you and your husband to open your home to her.  But enjoy your time away, alone!

Kathy

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

3jays, the lore is all based on the connection of the people to the land and the animals and the land.  The Aboriginal stories of the Dreamtime (their creation) are wonderful and facinating.  The Aboriginies here were the first people to use fire as a replenishment of the land and even now, some of our native plants need to be burnt before the seeds will sprout.  Facinating!!

• 3jaysmom

it IS similiar to our native american legends! there's a lot of wisdom to their legends, on both sides of the world.. the same stuff freaks me out w/ both... the "walkabout" on your side, and the (i forget the name now ) time the younguns have to go out to the wilderness and get to "know" their spirits.. as soon as i get off, i'll think of what its' called here.. thats' called can't remember ******!!!   3jays

• 3jaysmom

its called a visionquest!! id knew when i got off, it'd come to me.. it occurred to me: haven't heard from Isabella lately..anyone know if she's okay? where are ya Isabella? CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW???!!!  3jays

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

Morning gals! I hope today finds everyone well or as well as one can be with all of our se's and CRS disease. Yes, I have it, too. Seems to be quite the epidemic.

Had a loooong day at work yesterday that began with a normal commute of 25 minutes taking an hour and 15 minutes in a driving rain storm with zero visibility. Nerve wracking. Then all day at the client and another brutal commute (thanks to a home game for my beloved Tampa Bay Rays...way to clog up the interstate...thanks guys). And they lost AGAIN. 0-4. Sheesh.

But the rain washed away more oak tree pollen and ushered in cooler temps, down to 55 last night and dry. Great sleeping weather.

So I am ready to face the day!  Hope every else is ready, too.

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184

I love to go out to the desert, but no visionquest ,

I have to say I see Kokopelli as my spirit..

• socallisa
  • Dilly
    Dilly Member Posts: 394

I think sometimes our "art", or our "passion" becomes the visionquest.  I have quite a few Kokopelli objects, Lisa. 

I do love the mtns of NM - I particularly like the Taos area.  When I took DH to NM, and while we were driving through Santa Fe (his first experience with the adobe buildings), he said "I feel like Gumby"...and I could see the connection.  But the Taos area always calls to me.

We had a great "work party" yesterday. Lunch was spinach & cheese ravioli & homemade sauce; a winter salad; sourdough; and the YUMMY lemon meringue for dessert.  The tree climber really had a hard-working day -- 10 trees and most had "widow-makers" - tops or broken branches stuck in other branches and ready to fall unexpectedly.  It was real hard work for both loggers,  and they really appreciated the hot & hearty meal.  I would rather have been outside taking pictures of the arial display (men at work), but... 

Today is more yard cleanup; only one logger (no climber), and tomorrow the dentist.

Fortunately I love our dentist but it's still not much fun to plan for. I need a trip or an event and am considering a train trip...  Aus is on my bucket list, just not yet. 

Hang in there, all. Enjoy what you can. I hope your day goes well. {{Hugs}}

• socallisa

Lost Creek..Mesa Verde was my ah, ha moment

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,017

delete

• dragonflymary
    dragonflymary Member Posts: 325

Lisa, love that "shrubby" kind of yello rose.  Mine are easy to take care of and smell great.  Chrissyb--thanks for the update on the coral centre!  Love that.  I'm not on Tamox or and AI as I have a history of stroke.  I think I have crazy dreams because I'm just crazy!  I will think about that coral centre today while waiting for DH.  Why are hospital waiting rooms always painted either gray or green?  Thankfully he'll be finished in an hour and then we can "do" downtown Portland.  Lots of good food and shops close to the hospital.

Somebody said she needed a trip--boy that sounds great.  $$$ is tight but we have an old airstream trailer and will take it to the beach this month.  I would love to spend a whole summer camping in it.  It's very cozy.  The best part, it was built back in the "olden days" of the 70's and bathtubs were still a must.  My little silver trailer actually has a tiny bathtub and sit down shower that really works!  It's like living in a little airplane.  I take my featherweight sewing machine along.  You can plug it into the electrical outlet and sew on the picnic table!

Love to all who are working their way through treatment, waiting for results and just trying to remember where they left their car keys.  I found mine in the dog's toy basket yesterday and hope it wasn't me who put them there!  Dragon   

• [Deleted User]

delete

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Mary, that sounds like a PERFECT vacation!!!! A sewing machine, a trailer and a picnic table....sigh.

• Isabella4
    Isabella4 Member Posts: 1,352

3jays.

YES, I CAN HEAR YOU ......what am I listening for ????????????????

Isabella. 

• socallisa

a  little good news ..I saw my liver doctor today and my scans and blood have not changed

of course, they are not good, but no change is  good thing for me...and he gave me

the go-ahead to head out to Europe next week...just don't eat any raw shellfish he says..

edited to add, I see my oncologist tomorrow for my final hurdle..

• lassie11
    lassie11 Member Posts: 468

great news Lisa! Enjoy a well deserved adventure.

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929

Lisa, enjoy your vacation!

Leah

• radiant
    radiant Member Posts: 24

Crissy -

Thanks for the list of things to see in Australia. Yes - it did look like they did ALOT of flying to see the cool things in Australia on the Oprah show. I did not know about the rain forest. SO many cool things there!

thanks,

Kim

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605

Lisa, where are you going??? Good photo ops wherever it is!!! I took 15 rolls of FILM in Europe one year and managed to get NO ONE in the shots!! I have better pics than the tourist books!!!

• socallisa

I am sure you do Barbe, now we have to see them!!

We are going on a tulip river cruise through Belgium and Holland and then on

down to Madrid to see our old haunts...we lived there for 4 years..

It will be fun to take some Madrid pix with a digital!! when we lived there

I had a 35mm too...but we were broke so I had to limit my fun

• [Deleted User]

delete

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548

Oh Lisa pictures please!,,

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160

Oh Lisa- that sounds magical!

Ducky- we all get down at times...it is normal (and anything normal when dealing with BC is a GOOD thing-we all help each other climb right out of it.

3jays- no matter the drama- your fmaily is beautiful

BarbaraA- I want an Ipad2 TOO! You lucky girl:)

And to all I did not shout out to- have a great night;)