Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

For Older People with Sense

Options

Comments

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    Options
  • minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,103
    Options

Wow Crissy - great artlcle. I remember reading about some of your trip. Those memories are forever. I've been fortunate to meet 8 or 10 different BCO members in various states. When ever I travel, I try to line up lunch or dinner with one of our members.

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667
    Options
  • chrissyb
    Options

Good news!! I have been given the keys to the door and after a month, I am finally well enough to leave hospital and go home......yay!!!!! I can't wait!!

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    Options

🙂

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,877
    Options

Hooray!! A month is a really long time to be in hospital. Congratulations for leaving.

• minustwo
    Options

I agree - HOORAY. I know you're looking forward to your own bed.

• bootsie7
    bootsie7 Member Posts: 105
    Options

Yay Chrissyb.....I have been following here and waiting to hear you are home. I enjoyed the FB article about you. Awesome journey you took and meeting all the BCO members ..well I wish I could have been one,

You have been thru a real rough patch and I hope you keep improving and feeling better everyday. 💗

Bootsie

• bootsie7
    Options

Yay Chrissyb.....I have been following here and waiting to hear you are home. I enjoyed the FB article about you. Awesome journey you took and meeting all the BCO members ..well I wish I could have been one,

You have been thru a real rough patch and I hope you keep improving and feeling better everyday. 💗

Bootsie

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,514
    Options

Chrissy - great article!!! wonderful memories and photos!

• QCA
    QCA Member Posts: 1,150
    Options

A lovely article, Chrissy. What a special soul you are!

Kathy

• socallisa
    Options

Butterflies are back image

• cowgirl13
    cowgirl13 Member Posts: 774
    Options

Beautiful! Thank you for posting.

• chrissyb
    Options

Oh Lisa, that is a stunner! Love the butterflys.

Good news finally! I'm going home tomorrow. I was admitted on 10th February and finally discharged on 11th March.....one month exactly and I'm so looking forward to some quality home time. Kidneys are still not functioning fully so I have to keep an eye on that but I feel so much better than when I came in.

Hoping you are all doing well.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• minustwo
    Options

Good news Crissy. I know you're ready for your own bed!!!

• karen1956
    Options

Chrissy - great news! It will feel so good to sleep in your own bed. Hope your kidney function improves. Hugs to you my friend.

• socallisa
    Options

So glad you are finally home, sweet, home.

• QCA
    QCA Member Posts: 1,150
    Options

Love the article! And love that you're home!

Kathy

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    Options

Chrissy, so happy to hear you went home. You take care of yourself and keep a close eye on those kidneys. Praying for a full healing. I can't even imagine being in a hospital that long. What are they doing for you as far as home care and follow ups? Love and Huggles from me to you.

Hug

• chrissyb
    Options

Thanks girls! It's really good to be home and sleep in my own bed..

Lori, I'm registered with Palliative care and they are keeping an eye on me.........they call me every couple of days and they are sending the community nurse to take care of my picc line once a week. While she is here this coming week, she will be checking to see if I need anything to help me getting around in the house. I've had a lady come once a week to do the heavy cleaning and my daughter's are coming up when they can organize the same days off work to help me go through things and par down the unnecessary. I'm happy with that as I think before the shite hit the fan and I ended up in hospital, I was just not feeling the best and let things go a bit. They were here yesterday and the day before and got my lounge and dinning room done including the cupboards.....the two of them are like a tornado when they work together......lol.

Yep, a month in hospital is a long stay and sincerely hope it's never that long again.........it was required this time, as to begin with, I couldn't even hold a small cup of water. I certainly gave everyone a huge scare.

Take care all!

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• karen1956
    Options

Hugs Chrissy!!

I'm on extended spring break (2 weeks early). As of now, we are supposed to go back on April 6th, but I'm guessing that will change.

Its great for me to have the extra time as my DH had quintuple bypass surgery on the 11th. He came home on Monday after a week in the hospital. He was admitted 2 days before surgery due to an unstable blood clot on the "widow maker" and 95% blockage on all the arteries. Cardiac immediately admitted Craig was admitted to the hospital and started on IV Heparin trip. The surgeon they cariologist was at a different hospital, so on the day before surgery they transferred him by ambulance to the other hospital on Tuesday afternoon. The unexpected school closure is giving me 3 weeks to be with DH. I was off all last week and had planned to take this week off. My oldest daughter was going to come in next week but with all the Covid-19 that has been cancelled. For now, we are happy to be hunkered down at home. He is allowed to go for walks outside with me. I'll also go to the grocery store as needed, but not making any extra trip. Lots of stuff I can do in the house. Doctors are really pleased with DH's progress, but he'll be off work for at least 4 - 6 weeks.

Chi - DH and I redid our wills in September - the total estate planning. We last wrote out will in 1989 when I was pregnant with my second - now we have 3 grown children. Kids aren't on any account yet. My DH and I were on our folks accounts before they passed away. As time comes, we will change the accounts and add their names. Our kids are all very mature and responsible and they would never touch the money without our permission. But I don't think we need to do that now. DH and I are young - he is 64 and I'll be 64 in 6 weeks. Baruch hashem, we will live long lives.

Everyone stay safe. Karen

• wren44
    Options

Karen, My DH had quintuple bypass at age 49 and he's now 80 and doing well. I hope the same results for your DH. Good that you are off and can spend time with him now.

• karen1956
    Options

Wren - that's great news!!! My BIL (DH brother) had quint bypass in 1999 at 47. So yes I am positive that he will be here for years to come. Between my BC and DH family heart history, my 3 kids have been dealt with some lousy genes!!! At least I know what the kids need to do preventative for both BC and heart. And DH being 64, is older than his brother and father!!

• Trisha-Anne
    Trisha-Anne Member Posts: 1,661
    Options

Hello all

I'm writing to let you know that Chrissyb is back in hospital and is not well at all. She's in renal failure and has pneumonia and has been in ICU for about a week. She's responding to antibiotics, and now the pneumonia seems to be under control, but she's not showing enough improvement. Her family is hoping that she can get well enough to come home so that they can all be together.

I'm hoping for a miracle for our girl (she and I have been very good friends for a long time now) and her daughter asked if I could update you all.

Trish

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667
    Options

Sending love, ((((HUGS)))), and Prayers to Chrissy to pull through and her family.

• socallisa
    Options

sending Crissy some warm San Diego hugs and a piece of Julian Apple Pie.

• karen1956
    Options

Trish-Anne - Thank you for the update on Chrissy - sad to hear that she is back in ICU. Sending Chrissy hugs from Denver. Wishing she is home soon.

• minustwo
    Options

Trisha - thanks for the update. Holding Chrissy in my thoughts.

• wren44
    Options

Trisha Ann, Thanks so much for the update. Sending loving hugs all round. I hope she is able to come home.

• bootsie7
    Options

please chrissy...know so many are sending hope & hugs , my heart is saddened to hear this.I am not active on here much but I connected with chrissy and followed the posts.

To all of you I send my best as we all deal with the challenges this disease constantly throws at us.

Stay well

Bootsie