Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

For Older People with Sense

Options

Comments

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    Options

Hi Boots, thank you for showing concern. We are all safe from the flames, most are in the eastern states and the worst ones in my state are on Kangaroo Island and in the Adelaide Hills. We did have some days when the smoke would be blown our way but nothing like Sydney or Melbourne. The heat has disapated and enough rain has fallen in parts to dampen down the flames butt there are still areas that could flare up as the rain wasn't enough to put the fires out completely. The clean up has begun and the real devastation is now being found. There are so many who have lost everything.......it's really so sad and will take years to rebuild.

A change of subject.........I had some problems over Christmas and my GP ordered an head CT. Nothing in the brain other than the neuroma which we knew about and, in their words from the report, numerous mets to the skull. Really? I had an MRI six months ago and it was not reported as having Mets in the skull.........questions were beginning to be asked, loudly from me, that the oncology board decided I needed a full head and body MRI. That was done yesterday and I see my onc for results on Tuesday. We will at that point discuss treatment reactions and possibility of changing to what and when or, conversely staying right where I am on Faslodex. Ho hum, life with cancer goes on.........I am ignoring the goings on as much as possible by making apricot jam as my little apricot tree was loaded with fruit. I love apricots but it is impossible for me to consume all, my inards do not thank me when I eat too many.......lol.

From me to all, love n hugs. Chrissy

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,877
    Options

Chrissy, Holding your hand during the onc appt. I hope nothing serious is found. Apricot jam sounds like a great idea. I love apricots but they're always expensive here.

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,103
    Options

Crissy - I too am in your pocket for the MO visit. Please let us know.

• bootsie7
    bootsie7 Member Posts: 105
    Options
    Chrissy....So sad for all the loss but relief to hear you are ok as far as the fires are concerned.

Will be hoping to hear that the results on Tuesday are in your favor. This cancer life is not an easy one!

I just had a Pet/CT Tuesday and a CT scheduled for 31st. Between waiting for appts. and call backs, ..well I just can't. So I will pick up my reports from medical records and see what they have to say. Progression of course is the concern.I am only on Anastrozole since December 2018.

We have apple and pear trees. Jars of apple and pear butter are plentiful.Wish we could share in each others bounty, Yum!

Best to you

• bootsie7
    Options

Chrissy....So sad for all the loss but relief to hear you are ok as far as the fires are concerned.

Will be hoping to hear that the results on Tuesday are in your favor. This cancer life is not an easy one!

I just had a Pet/CT Tuesday and a CT scheduled for 31st. Between waiting for appts. and call backs, ..well I just can't. So I will pick up my reports from medical records and see what they have to say. Progression of course is the concern.I am only on Anastrozole since December 2018.

We have apple and pear trees. Jars of apple and pear butter are plentiful.Wish we could share in each others bounty, Yum!

Best to you

• chrissyb
    Options

Thanks girls for your support, I really appreciate it. I'll definitely let you know what's going on.

Boots, I'm with you on the waiting for reports normally and I've had some arguments with staff about walking out with it but I'm stubborn and in the end I sometimes think they give me one just to be rid of this nagging old woman who won't leave.......lol. Holding your hand and hoping your results are much better than you think.

Love n hugs to all. Chrissy

• bootsie7
    Options

Oh Chrissy...LOL...I can be a stubborn old lad...I prefer with this cancer REBEL. Ha

I go straight into medical records dept and sign for them. One doctor was like "why do you have these" well (in a calm voice) let's see..no one is giving me a call..appt wasn't for 3 weeks and My Cancer..My Body..My Test = My Results.

She just looked at me and said "ok I don't have many patients like you." Smiled and left the room for a minute.

Nerdy

You are in my thoughts today as you see Onc for results...hope all goes well.

Sending best to all.

• bootsie7
    Options

Hey Chrissyb,

How are you doing?

Hoping you received good reports from your scans?

I did have a rib fracture but it is healed. I was told my Pet/CT scan and CT shows I am stable. Stable is good.

MO is keeping me on just Anastrozole for now.

Sending my best.

Bootsie

• minustwo
    Options

Chrissy - I second that message. Hope your tests were OK. Please do let us know. Holding you in my thoughts.

• chrissyb
    Options

Hi girls, the MRI showed extensive Mets through out my spine and skull so a PET was ordered for confirmation. I get those results on Tuesday when I see my onc on Tuesday. I'll let you all know for sure.

Love n hugs, Chrissy

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    Options

Hey Chrissy, I had to hunt you down! My mets are pretty much my entire spine and also several in my skull as well, among many other places! Good luck with whatever treatment plan you will be on. 17 years stage IV....amazing! You are doing something right! Huggles from me!

• chrissyb
    Options

imageHi gals, a quick pic of my latest abode.......been here for two weeks with only the last one in a lucid state of mind. I gave my hubby and family one hell of a scare. Apparently I had a little too much calcium, which is not a good thing, can really send a person a little bit loopy.

My PET results were pretty much expected but didn't arrive to my Oncs in a normal fashion. I'm doing okay right now but I must admit, I have seen better days for sure.

Lori, thanks for chasing me down. Sounds like our Mets are pret5y much the same right now........fingers crossed that you get ad long if not longer.❤

Love n hugs all, Chrissy.

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,514
    Options

Chrissy - so sorry to hear that you've been in the hospital so long. I do hope that you are feeling better. Sending hugs across the pond :)

• minustwo
    Options

Chrissy - OMG, so sorry for your sojourn in the hospital. Glad to hear things are improving. LOVE your smile.

• bootsie7
    Options

Chrissy...my heart is so sad to see/ hear this about you. I am sending hugs and hoping you continue to feel better everyday.

Keep smiling 💟

I

• QCA
    QCA Member Posts: 1,150
    Options

Chrissy, I'm so sorry to hear this news. Hopefully you're on the way to feeling much better and we'll be seeing more of those smiles! Please keep us posted.

Kathy

• goldie0827
    Options

Oh my Chrissy! No wonder you were off the boards for awhile. Glad you are ok.....well, you know what I mean! Feel better and I hope you can break free soon. My mets are femur (I think), hips, pelvis, ribs, spine, jaw and skull! I think there are others, but can't remember what all my MO told me...lol.

• wren44
    Options

Goldie, I love your tag line: Don't look down on anybody unless you're picking them up! Perfect!

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    Options

Some virtual flowers for you💕

• goldie0827
    Options

Wren, I put that tag line on quite some time ago. I was reading on some threads and some of the women were arguing and it really bothered me.

• wren44
    Options

I was thinking how much it applies to our large homeless population in Seattle (and elsewhere).

• goldie0827
    Options

Chrissy my sweets, how are doing love? Been thinking of you everyday. Are you home?

• chrissyb
    Options

Hi Laurie, thanks for checking up on me. Nope, still not home but there is a possibility for the end of next week......yay!! Nineteen days and counting....lol. Must admit that I feel a whole lot better but it's been slow going. My daughter told me that the docs gave me 24 hours to get a turn around at one point or lose .......close call. Kidneys shut down, calcium off he scale, lungs and kidneys with infection.......yep, not very well at all so a slow recovery is to be expected.

Doc is happy with me, which is a good thing and family is super happy as you can imagine. New chemo to start next week so I'm still here and things can be adjusted to counter se.........I'm happy with that. Oh, new treatment is to be Abraxane......hopefully I'll tolerate it well.....fingers crossed.

Some of you may remember Alyson from Auckland? Unfortunately she became one if our angels last week and was buried this past Monday. We were close even though we lived so far away.........I miss her.

Hoping you are all doing well, living life and loving it.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• karen1956
    Options

Chrissy - Oh, I'm so sorry that you are still in the hospital but glad that things are going in the right direction. You have been in my thoughts since Alyson passed away. I made a donation to METAvivor in her memory. I know the two of you were very close. Keeping you in my thoughts - How is Ari holding up with all this? And the kids? You are one tough gal!!! Hugs from Denver

• minustwo
    Options

Chrissy - So sorry to hear about your travails. Sounds like things may be on the upswing? Hope so.

And really sorry to hear about Alyson. I do remember her well. Thanks for letting us know.

• goldie0827
    Options

Oh Chrissy, things were really bad, weren't they. I'm so so glad you are doing better, and I know your family had to be really worried. I'm really sorry to hear about Alyson, I hope her passing was peaceful and I hope she didn't suffer. You and her did quite a few things together, didn't you?

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    Options

CRISSY, did you see BCO had an article about you on Facebook today. You rock!

• chrissyb
    Options

Thanks, Lisa......no, I didnt6see it but I'll go searching.😊

• karen1956
    Options

I'll have to look for it as well!!! And yes, SoCalLisa, Chrissy rocks!!

• minustwo
    Options

I don't do Facebook but would love to see the post if you can copy it here.