Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

heloooooooo- no body here------ but have Blues on-----did anyone see the CMA AWARDS SHOW. Thurs night------great music for about 3 3/4 hours. Country Music Awards.  Wish it was available on demand-----the music was great, whhooooo wheeee.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Hi Sas--I know our demand has it Country music here under Music and then one of the channels has CM--I like it sometimes but usually I liste to what Joey likes and believe it or not he like a whole array of music the old songs, CM Jazz, blues so I'm lucky hahaha but when Katy Perry does one he has to relisten forever. He loves her. LOL

• Gingerbrew
    Gingerbrew Member Posts: 1,997

Hi, it is just 7PM here. I have been falling asleep really early and getting up really early. The bear on the deck at 2:30 AM messed with my sleep. I was simply drunk with sleep at that moment. It probably took two hours of my sleep.  

I hope you all have a nice sleep tonight. I hope the bear is sleeping well too. 

Ginger

• GracieM2007
    GracieM2007 Member Posts: 1,255

Hey all.  I saw where someone else had posted that they were a widow.  Me too.  My husband passed away a week and a half ago.  My house is very empty, and I am very lonely.  No one ever told me how much this hurts.  Sometimes I wonder why I lived through cancer only to lose the love of my life.  I have trouble sleeping too.  Always have.  I take meds for it.  It's the only way I can sleep.  Cancer sucks.  My dad had cancer, my mom had cancer, I had cancer and my brother's cancer is back we think.  My husband found out three weeks before he passed that he had cancer in his esophagus.  It makes me worry about my kids.

• ananda8
    ananda8 Member Posts: 1,418

((Gracie)),

I am so sorry that you lost your DH. I can only imagine the void that has appeared in your life and your home.  We are all here for you any time day or night.    

• camillegal

Oh Gracie I'm so sorry for the lose of u'r DH--this has to be so difficult for u, And loosing everyone to cancerhow horrific, cancer is so awful and so sad.

• GramE
    GramE Member Posts: 2,234

Gracie - I too am a widow.  It will be 10 years in April.   My deepest sympathy to you and your family.   It is a shock, even if "expected", as with my husband having cardiac problems and lung cancer.   We had 33 years and I know all too well how lonely and hard it is to come home to an empty house or apartment.  No one to go over the day's events or bounce ideas off of, to share the good and bad in your life.    

Where are you located?  I am in Virginia, after selling the house in Pennsylvania, to be closer to our only son.  2 beautiful grand daughters for me now and close enough for me to see them often.  I downsized a lot and have a cute one bedroom apartment with a sun room and balcony, on the 3rd floor.   

Hugs and Blessings, Nancy

• sas-schatzi

GracieM So, sorry so sorry. It's been 2years and a couple of months for me. Don't know for sure, but I do wonder if I'd done some group therapy if things would have been different. I didn't and still wonder. I am still going for individual counseling to the person that worked with us during cancer. I will likely go along time b/c he understands us, even though Dh isn't here. I do find this very comforting. Also, coming to the BCO boards has been life saving for me. It truly helps to have sooooo many people here that care. And as notself has said, you can usually find someone here to talk too 24/7. The night hours can be the toughest. You will develop a second family overtime.

GramE--condolences also,  glad you have the DS & GD's what a joy. I haven't moved yet b/c unsure if where son is at is going to be permanent. Certainly don't need all this space. I'm sure it was hard breaking up household. I just hope DS will take some of my stuff. He hasn't got a choice about certain items LOL.  Haven't seen you since Pinktober Revolution. It pettered out.

Cami--did you get the message that I called to check on you when the storm hit? :)

notself---my plant survived the vodlka misshap. thanks to your help :)

Hope everyone sleeps well sassy

• ananda8

sassy, so glad your plant is doing well.  It means something, I know.

Gracie, Call your local Hospice in a couple of weeks and as about their grief support group.  I volunteer at Hospice and the counselors recommend that one waits for a few weeks before attending any group.  One needs to come to a place where counseling helps.  They also recommend that when you are ready to give the group a try, that one attend three meetings in a row before deciding whether it will be helpful or not.  It's just something about time and getting used to the process.  Many of the volunteers at Hospice have had losses of loved ones and they know what it's about.  Be sure to contact a not for profit Hospice.  The grief counseling is open to anyone who needs help.

sassy, you might want to give it a try as well.

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

Notself, I hope you don't mind if I copy your message to Gracie and e-mail it to my Sister-in-law.  We had a long talk last night about how she could cope  with her grief.  My Brother died just 9 weeks ago and she is in a deep depression and  grief.  I did suggest talking to the Hospice that helped them with home hospice but I'm sure your suggestion with your background will be helpful to her.  They celebrated their 29th wedding anniversary the week before he went home from the hospital to hospice care.

• ananda8

I have a friend who lost her brother in law, her son, and her husband in the same year.  She still attends occasional meeting.  Your loved one did not have to be in the program to attend the meetings.  Anyone dealing with loss and grief is welcome.

Hospice is a wonderful program and if one has a family member with a terminal illness, one should look for a not-for-profit Hospice.  There will never be a bill and the cost of all comfort medications are picked up by the program.  There may be out of pocket costs in for-profit hospice programs and they might not provide the same care.

In home hospice care can provide unbelievable support for the patient and family.  The patient can be admitted to the Hospice Center for what is called respite care for up to 5 days to provide a break for the caregivers. There isn't space here for all of the wonderful aspects of a program, but it is something worth investigating.

Chabba, Here is a link for your area. http://www.pnwhospice.org/index-1.html

• sas-schatzi

GracieM, so agree with Chabba and notself. It's ditto to the plan that Hospice had me on. I just didn't remember it b/c I didn't utilize the service.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Looks as if everyone is asleep tonight - too much election TV

• Gingerbrew
    Gingerbrew Member Posts: 1,997

The election was over so fast that we didn't loose a bit of sleep on the West Coast.  It was amazing and wonderful. Now if both sides of the aisle will work together we will be in good shape. 

Hugs Ginger

• camillegal

O it looks like no one has been here in a while--I've been knocked out the last few nights sick but happily being able to sleep--Well I didn't take anything tonite cuz I' babysitting and I don't like to be groggy so here I am. Oh Joey just woke up and the dog os sleeping and my cat's giving me a look like it's time to go to bed.

geeze everyone's got an opiion. I had a Big Mac for dinner--buy 1 get 1 free. I figured I could talk Joey or someone into it--I don't even like them and Joey said N O so I was going to eat it but one was more than enough oooooo

• camillegal

The library isn't just a quiet place to read!    Discover tons of FREE fun activities you can do at the library by checking out our blog right meow     LINK: http://ow.ly/faArq

• camillegal

Mods help me--I haven't screwed up the other screen, please make it better--Thank you

• Connie07
    Connie07 Member Posts: 446

Was sleeping good when DSisterinLaw called. My momInLaw is at hospice after a fall & hit on the head. Shes not recovering, refused all meds, hasnt eaten or had fluids in a week. Shes 85 so we know whats happening. So sad. And only a month after losing their brother. We were worried that this might happen, so it is. Didnt really think she would have lived this long.

And people who steal from the injured and dying should get a particularly hot seat in hell. Vultures.

Connie

• camillegal

Connie sorry to hear that--This has to be very hard on the whole family.

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

Connie, prayers for you and the family.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

(((((((((Connie))))))))))

• ananda8

Connie,

I am so sorry to hear about your MIL.  You and your family are in my thoughts.

• sas-schatzi

Connie, so sorry about your MIL, such a very hard thing to go through. Namaste sassy

• sas-schatzi

Reminder Announcement for novena to OUR LADY of the MIRACULOUS MEDAL.  Start Date: Wed NOV 14th-end date- Thurs. Nov 22nd which is Thanksgiving.

The novena is constructed already on the Catholic Archives page link below. As in the past all are welcome. All that were in the last novena to St perigrine will be moved forward. If you don't want to included in this novena ,please, PM me and I will remove your name.

The novena will also be added to the world wide Rosary thread.

The novena will only be on the archives thread, as it was too confusing updating both threads as people requested additions.  Everyone will be notified by PM. If you know of someone that would like to be included , have them PM their intention

New info:A specific intention has been added for those hurt by Sandy. But if you would like to name someone in particular ,please PM.

New request: If anyone lives near the shrine in Philly,Penn. and would be willing to take the list that would be a blessing. PM

community.breastcancer.org/top...

Link to archives thread

Link to Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal

www.cammonline.org/index.php?/...

• camillegal

Wow this page is still lopsided---But if anyone's on if u can't sleep I hope u all had a Happy Thanksgiving.

• ananda8

Happy Thanksgiving to all and may the turkey make us all very, very sleepy.  Laughing

• camillegal

Photo

• ananda8

So true, camillegal.  Great post!!

• camillegal

Notself--I haven't talked to u in so long---are u doing OK?

• ananda8

I stopped Aromasin for three days and slept like a baby.  Now I am back on my normal routine and I live the life in your cartoon.  I have two more months to go but I think I'll talk to my onc about stopping one month early so I can get some good sleep.  It's been a long five years as I'm sure you know as well.

How is it going with you?