Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

I should be getting to bed but watching TV and playing on the computer.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Fiancé has left to g home ......he's exhausted as he's been doing her early morning class for her. I'm feeling rather ready for bed myself and will be heading back to DDs place shortly to do just that.

• shinning_like_me
    shinning_like_me Member Posts: 9

Hi Anne,

Generally eveyone falls asleep when they are very tired but when we are tired and drop on bed and just vcant get the sleep, that means your body is tired beyond its limit. It needs to be taken care before putting it to sleep take  a nice walk, read books, eat a litlle chocolate from the refigerator and than go to bed ddont see the clock and sigh for the hour you have been tossing on the bedding to sleep. try these. 

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Hi folks dropping in with some links that you might find useful. Store away to pass around:) sassy

Someone mentioned CancerandCareers on the financial forum. GREAT web site for all things employment Thanks. I added it to my thread for newbies Just diagnosed -get prepared. Also, found another web site today, that I have included the link for, it is evrything you would like to know about saving money on drugs. The question and answer below the links are in regard on how to make the system work for you re: meds received in a cancer center.

Edit:6/6/13 Found two new web sites that are a must to review. One is on saving money on drugs. Start with 'home" page , then the really helpful page is the "About Us" Pg. Link is to home pge.

www.needymeds.org/index.htm 

This next link is dedicated to most of the need to know info regarding work and cancer. BCO has much information on the main borad, but this link is much more expansive :)

www.cancerandcareers.org/en 

HAVE A CALL OUT TO MY RESOURCE PERSON:If you bring in the coupon taken from the web site to the cancer center, will/can  it be utilized to help pay copay ANSWER to question NO.

Per my resource: This is how to make the website work or other resources work for you while receiving cancer meds in a cancer center, SPEAK UP and let them know you need financial help, best to do when you have initial contact with CC. What they then do, if they are connected like mine, they go through their resources the same we would, but would be contacting as a a provider. Grant money or assistance can be available under all kinds of circumstances. Do not assume you make too much money or b/c you have insurance, money is not available. If say you get turned down initially, recheckin should circumstances change. :)

• sas-schatzi

YOO-hooo anyone there?

• sas-schatzi

On a wholey sucking night hope ther's someone to talk too?

• sas-schatzi

Okay-talking to myself, just sent the Boyfriend packing. Totaly bummed.

• sas-schatzi

Chrissyb are you abouts?

• sas-schatzi

Chrissy no posting on your home thread since the 7th...What's up with that? You'al are such a cohesive group. Can't believe none had any thing to say since the 7th?

How are the wedding plans going? Asked Marywh to contact you her son and soon to be DIL are planning a farm wedding. She's not excited about the motif. I suggested , I think, she contact you. Plus did a search and it's an in thing to do here b/c of cost

• Alyson

Hello Sas

• chrissyb

Hey SAS, just got on the old puter an here I am!  Wadup girlfriend?

• shinning_like_me
    shinning_like_me Member Posts: 9

i Just could nt sleep the whole night even now in the afternoon when notrhing to do ,I am not sable to sleep, Please someone join me in my insomnia moods.

• chrissyb

Hi Shinning!  Sorry you can't sleep, even to nap in the afternoon.

• Pawprint
    Pawprint Member Posts: 354

So tired of it sleeping. Been cranky and depressed. Tried ambien for sleep and still can't sleep. I think I have restless legs cause I have to keep moving them. I take Arimidex early in the day, and no sweets and no caffeine at night. I just lie here and think about all sorts of stuff, question my choices, tell myself tomorrow I will exercise more and get sleepy. Ugh...

• chrissyb

Brokendreams try taking your Arimadex at dinner time.......sometimes that really helps with the sleeplessness. I have also heard that Lyrica can help with the symptoms of restless legs.

I would stay and chat but for the first time in ages DH and I have been invited to an Art Opening so am heading out.........I though I would check the boards before leaving and saw your post.

Hopefully you will get some sleep soon.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• Pawprint
    Pawprint Member Posts: 354

Thanks Chrissy I will try your suggestions.

• CassDugan
    CassDugan Member Posts: 24

Hello - new to this thread but not to troubled sleep.

Mostly, I was looking for a place to share a cheerful surprise that happened today (um, actually, yesterday afternoon!). I got home from rads to find a package at the mailbox. Given that we werent expecting anything, it was a surprise. It was an even bigger surprise to see my name on it. Once into the house and settled, I called my partner so that we could open the box sort of together since he wasn't going to be home that night. It turned out to be a hand stitched cross stitch sampler with hearts, flowers, and big letters spelling out (edited for propriety) "FU** CANCER" from an online friend whom I've never even met in real life. It was beautifully wrapped with a lovely note. It was so touching, and such a lovely surprise. We're moving soon and this will definitely find a prominent spot wherever it is we end up.

• chrissyb

Cass what a fabulous surprise!! That sort of thing is just the best and the sentiment on the sampler is priceless!

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• Alyson

You awake Chrissy I am Dh is watching cricket and I am playing games.

• chrissyb

Yep, I'm awake Aly. It's only 9pm here and seeing as how I slept until 12.30pm I'm not in the least bit tired yet..........lol........no explanation needed there.

• Alyson

I saw that. You must have needed it. One of the younger ones on the Kiwi thread has just found out she is now stage four. Told to to look for you but you might like to visit us Kiwis and chat to her. I think she needs it.

I suspect Dh is actually asleep.

• chrissyb

Will do Aly........I'll go check now and perhaps PM her just I. Case she doesn't want to go public with the chat.

• rohanna
    rohanna Member Posts: 154

Chrissyb, this may have been asked before but, do you know how many milligrams of Melatonin is safe to take?

• chrissyb

Rohanna I have read that 20mg seems to be the optimum. Do you already take it? If not, start with a low dose as in 1mg and work your way up to find your perfect level that doesn't leave you comatose in the mornings. Most people find that between 3 and 5mg works well.

Good luck!

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• rohanna
    rohanna Member Posts: 154

Thanks, chrissy. I take 3 mgs. but it doesn't always work. It's good to know I can take a little more if needed.Cool

• carolpr56
    carolpr56 Member Posts: 22

Anyone up?

• AussieSheila
    AussieSheila Member Posts: 439

I am Carolpr56, but it's only 7:30pm Sunday here.

Damn hot for the middle of winter or maybe I am continually in a hot flush all day.

Probably a bit hot under the collar after watching an hours debate between our two major politicians trying to win a federal election in four weeks time.

Who knows......

Sheila.

• hrf
    hrf Member Posts: 706

I'm up. 5:45 am here. Watching old Seinfield shows. Would love to get a few more hours of zzzzz's

• carolpr56

I've been waking at 4 for several months now...sometimes I can get back to sleep. Not always. And now that I've been (re)diagnosed, well...I start chemo tues and I just want to get ON with it!

• carolpr56

I do t watch Seinfeld reruns, tho! Enjoy the quiet too much for that! I'm in Texas, where r u hrf? Sheila, I've got a good buddy here in tx who's a kiwi but raised in oz. her brothers a cop there.