Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

I didn't realize this storm is so vicious. 2 of my girlfriends live in FL. One is named Sandy and she said if this storm is anything like her it won't amount to much---she said this the other day so I really didn't pay attention.  Please everyone listen to Sheila she knows what she's talking about.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Anyone interested on thoughts re Storm for those riding it out. I've put done some suggestions in a response to granny on Bonfires. Rather than figuring out where I posted what I'm just going to keep adding to that if more thoughts come.--Sorry, used to do disaster stuff---being OCD as usual

• sas-schatzi
  • GramE
    GramE Member Posts: 2,234

Adding that even if you are not in a flood zone, strong winds can knock out power (electricity).   Don't under estimate their strength.   You may also want to fill up the gas tank in case you need to go someplace that has electricity.    Keep safe.    

• sas-schatzi

Announcement for novena to OUR LADY of the MIRACULOUS MEDAL. Start Date: Wed NOV 14th-end date- Thurs. Nov 22nd which is Thanksgiving.

The novena is constructed already on the Catholic Archives page. As in the past all are welcome. All that were in the last novena to St perigrine will be moved forward. If you don't want to included in this novena ,please, PM me and I will remove your name.

The novena will also be added to the world wide Rosary thread.

The novena will only be on the archives thread, as it was too confusing updating both threads as people requested additions. Everyone will be notified by PM. If you know of someone that would like to be included , have them PM their intention Sheila

community.breastcancer.org/top...

Link to archives thread

Link to Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal

www.cammonline.org/index.php?/...

• sas-schatzi

Yoo -hoo anyone there

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Sas what are you doing up at this time. I know what it is in your part of the world.

• sas-schatzi

So "Im back to talking to myself------listening to blues.. such a great milue-----an American invention. Was so loved for so many years. Even more appreciated in Europe , until Hitler came along. Then grew after the war, but was stopped by mid america. descrimination-----but still happened- H.C Handy caused the change and his award in the field of blues is given to this day-----blues is rising again-----as the youngers realize the value of the music----huge-----

• sas-schatzi

Alyson  Are you there

• sas-schatzi

Have no relavance to time-------love talking to you southlanders

• sas-schatzi

Alyson  and ChriisB -why am the only person that refers to you as Southlanders?

• sas-schatzi

so wish ya'll wouldn't go off too other threads

• sas-schatzi

Alyson --in aswer to your question --why am I up----I'm stupid and alone. this is my recourse in the middle of the night

• Alyson

Can understand not wanting to sleep. I absolutely hate being in the house by myself. I keep the light on and listen to the radio.

• Alyson

My laptop is very slow as I have somehow down loaded several virus protectors and can't get rid of them, must get DSiL to have a look on Saturday.

• Alyson

Not sure where Chrissy is, Will see if she is on FB and will tell her to come over here if she is. She has a very smart phone which she uses all the time.

• sas-schatzi

Alyson --in aswer to your question --why am I up----I'm stupid and alone. this is my recourse in the middle of the night

• sas-schatzi

blues-one the keyboard-earased try again>hfhfhwhwhhwijjjnnssiirnrhasshhidnfjjjjjjjjhryhysjjjrjusdusooonrnl

• Alyson

Something funny happened there as I had sent a whole message

• sas-schatzi

I'm crazy---last up----wrong  iiit's 5:30 am----why have no idea----but I know somethings wrong,

• Alyson

Chrissy is not answering, may be she is having a nana nap while watching TV.

• sas-schatzi

Alyosn

• sas-schatzi

so way love you southlanders--------way wish i was asleep----shoud be --going through some sort of cycle

• Alyson

Have you had any sleep? That storm must have upset everything as well.

It's 10.40 here, getting on to bed time. Do have to get up at a reasonable time in the morning as taking grandson to Playgroup. I tend to wake about two and have three or so hours without sleep then go back to sleep as soon as the radio alarm come on a six. Then don't want to wake up.

• sas-schatzi

Alyson --how was your visit with Chrissy?

• Alyson

Had great time with Chrissy, one night we talked until the wee small hours which was great but did mean we were very slow in the morning. She lives in a delightful quaint cottage in a very historic town which we explored in depth, as well as going out for a meal one night. Just wish it could have been longer.

• Alyson

Hope you get some rest. I must away to my bed.

Big hugs and lots of prayers.

• sas-schatzi

Alyson---her pic's of the cottage were just as you described----love it......i"m a believer and an attainer of old things------alll

• Alyson

Try to get soem sleep my dear. I must finish finding my bed, quite literally. Was re-arranging things today but didn't finish.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438

Hope you both sleep well!