Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

Wooohoooo Teka!!!!

Yes, I'd rather do chemo than listen to DH pi$$ and moan about taxes. 

Love that winter break up pic. Has turned out to be bee u ti ful today

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726

love that pix!

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801

O.M.G.

This is the most amazing video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBEyCr5AoIs

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938

Blessings - WOW !!  ThumbsUp

• mdnghtdeb3
    mdnghtdeb3 Member Posts: 125

Hey there, ladies! Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! xo (I am so behind...not sure I can keep it all straight, but I really enjoy all of you and your stories, pics, etc.)  Happy

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934

That video was really cool!

Just watched SkyFall, James Bond movie.....Daniel Craig...mmmm. :)

Today was a good day! Hope everyone's weekend is going well, and if not here are some ((hugs))

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Yummy Daniel Craig, one of many that I enjoy. Nice pickins'.

• ziggypop
    ziggypop Member Posts: 276

lil' shit here. 

Just checking in to make sure none of the old ladies have hurt themselves today wearing those six-inch-studded stilettos and cavorting around, and bending over tables with God only know what element of society... Jack and whoever. 

>>>>>>>>> "I DIDN'T bust my ass dancing!" <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< yeah, right. 

Hear sassafrass got her lioness protective mojo going & went after a condo nazi 'n ended up shoving the cousin she was supposed to be protecting in a pool. Now she's feeling all bad and shit so yall be NICE. You know NICE. Like .... never mind. 

And I have cute little ears.. one's kinda crooked but. 

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618

ziggy, when did you learn that your as& was connected to your breasts? I found out with the TE surgery. Who knew. There's suppose to a thread somewhere that gives wiping tips. Too late now.

Who had the cute ears? Chevy? Your DB did too! I think it's kind of cute.  Love the old photo. We should post a pic from when we were cute, whatever age that was.  Chevy- you behaving? No climbing or going down stAirs, right. 

• camillegal

Oh OH I hate to brag, well no I don't but I have perfect ears, perfect size, perfect shape and perfect angle--that's my best feature, everything else is more than blah, in fact I cover my mirrors and tell everyone someone just passed and I/m Jewish.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Sas, those owls gone crazy for me again

May be you need this to keep them in control

• camillegal

I got it, not right away, but I did get it.

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

Today was a anniversary of sorts for DH and me.  We met on 2/22.66. WE didn't either one of us feel like going out and I didn't feel like cooking so we just heated up something from the freezer but I did make strawberry sundays for dessert.

Sleep well all.

• camillegal

Awww that's so cute and u remember the date too.

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600

It was still a holiday then.  Washington's birthday. 

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Ziggy---low cost sauna LOL. You should post that on the Hot Flash Forum. Good one. SillyHeart

Blessings, Protective Bubble --Thanks I'll try to use that this week in preparation for sx. Sx's are hard on everyone. It may be persumptive, but I've worked every single aspect that I'll be going through, add to that consumate (sic) worrier. Also, had a patient with a thyroid storm on the OR table. Temp went from normal to 106 in 2-3 minutes. I never met another nurse that's been around one. I'm hoping My Dear God doesn't expect me to have another learning experience.

Hi Jwoo----great name for a gal coming to this thread--Jwooohoot, Jwoot, LOL we will have lots of fun with your name toowoo. 

Maddy hope you feel better, It's always sumpin. The only improvement on Blessings Toddy is add some whiskey or bourbon---then you don't care as well as having a soothed throat. :) Maddy if you put the cursor on an avatar or anything and hit     ctrl +    it will enlarge it. To reverse it hit   ctrl -

• sas-schatzi

Blessing----------so glad the squirrel ended up okay---whew touch and go. I put it on the fuzzy thread

Bluebird :), can you put the link to the knitted boobie thingies on the fuzzy thread :) I forget where it was. Don't want to loose that description for sure. So many c/o the discomfort of the prosthesis.

To all If you're on another thread that has lots of pics and you want me too add it to the topic box on the PIC & Link thread, let me know. It makes traveling from thread to thread so easy :)

• sas-schatzi

Wake up Owlettes I'm lonesome YOO HOOT anyone there yet >>>>>>>>>

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

I'm up!  Who is this ziggy-pop-tart lil' shit that knows me from my previous life?  She's a brat, I tell you!  Out to dis-parage my reputation.... the one I had many moons ago.

Man, I had the WORST night...  Got up to take just 1 Oxydodone, and it stuck, because I didn' t drink enough ater, then my stomach felt like awful, and I finally gave it up and went in on the recliner!  

Okay Sass, please help me here, and make it easy so I don't have to make this brain research!  I'm taking 2 X-strength Tylenol like evry 5-6 hours....  And it works just as well as the oxy...  Can I just keep on taking this for awhile?  I'll ask my PC tomorrow when I go, but I just wanted your in-put on this also!

I use ice, when I can, and I tried heat yesterday also.... Just getting impatent  for this to heal, and quit hurting!   

Oooooh the Squirrel!!!!!!!!  I almost was scared he wouldn't make it, Ha!  We have a regular Squirrel family.... over across our fence, living in the ditch somewhere!  Man, those things can FLY like a bird almost!  DH puts out all the scraps for them, on top of this stand next to the ditch, and we watch them sit there, and  chomp chomp, and play music really loud, and just carouse around all day! 

Until the Crows come....  They are just giant pests... 

Cammi, DANG girl!  You ARE perfect!  Who knew?  Show off.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

• sas-schatzi

Chevy, I'll call in a few minutes to discuss particulars. 

The general guideline is no more then 4000 mg of tylenol/acetominophen / APAP in 24hours. Tylenol can be tough on the liver and kidneys. There was a consideration awhile back to reduce that amount to 3200 mg in 24 hours. 

Tylenol or it's generics are in over 600 drugs.

If there is any liver or kidney malfunction, the dose should be reduced. 

NEVER take tylenol or generics before drinking alcohol and for at least 12 hours after drinking alcohol.

As always discussing all medicines with your doc is important. Having all your medicines on file with your pharmacy is important too. Ask for a drug interaction check any time a new prescription  or over-the-counter(OTC) drug is added to your drug regimen.

All drugs have consequences. Never assume any drug, OTC drug, Vitamins, Herbals are safe

http://www.tylenol.com/safety-dosing/overview/get-...

• badger

Good Morning Owls! Time for

• badger

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,969

Chevy- how are you doing/feeling?

Blessings- wishing the best for the memorial service and family. I know they can act out the worst during these times. Bubble up and good luck.

Jwoo- I was able to write off medical costs in 2012 due to lower income (I am a consultant and worked little that year), but expect I won't be able to this past year. It is all based on the % of your income. I have my taxes into my accountant and waiting to hear. It is worth looking at especially if you have spent thousands last year as many of us have.

• mdnghtdeb3

G'morning! How is everyone today? What a great group to have my morning coffee with! :)

• badger

I'm on my way to brew a second cup!  Maybe a third and a fourth and a fifth???

• mdnghtdeb3

Badger...Love the pic! I'm thinking I need a few more cups over here too! LOL! :)

• mdnghtdeb3

Teka - That looks yummy! Now I want eggs! LOL! 

• sas-schatzi

This is likely to make little sense b/c it is technical. I have been an advocate of genetic testing for liver enzyme pathways since 2010.  It's overall name is Cytochrome 450 pathways. The test through genelex -YouScript covers 2D6, 2C9, 2 C19----those three for me are normal metabolizer. Vkroc1--is intermediate metabolizer---it means should I ever be given Coumadin/Warfarin an anticoagulant, I have to be started at a lower dose than usual normal range.  REALLY nice to know since 1:15 hospital admissions in the USA is related to problems with coumadin. 

What I just found out was 3A4 is intermediate metabolizer for me. The specific genetics weren't known until 2011. SO, I'll cut my MO some slack. In April 2009, my first and only chemo almost killed me. Taxotere is metabolized through 3A4. My dose should have been lower. It can be interpreted that I was overdosed. 

• badger

Makes sense to me sassy.  If only we knew then what we know now.  TG you stopped after one infusion!

I asked my onc to test for tamoxifen metabolizer CYP2D6 but he said no, we'll just put you on a standard dose and see how you do.  Haven't had too many issues so I've been on that same dose since then - 20 mg tab qd - which is probably what everyone else gets too, regardless of size/shape/genetics.  Some day we'll know better..

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1762071-overview