Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

Good morning all, 

Kinda quiet, everyone is busy or pissed off about something....lol...

I have a 1 hour appt. with a social worker or nurse oncology practitioner , for cancer survivorship today. They will supposedly go over my treatment, what to expect next, how to get my arse off the recliner...

Seriously, I hope I connect with the gal, and find it helpful. I will report back later, I find this kinda appt. really uncomfortable, too much attention on me & my personal info, thoughts. I save my crazy stuff for you guys...lol...

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

Jwoo, Go to mastectomysolutions.com. Mary has good instructions about how to put pockets in regular bras. It's not difficult at all. She's a poster here and has had a double mx.

• jwoo
    jwoo Member Posts: 931

Thanks so much Wren44!

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

Okay, yes!  I have been using Pay-Pal for years.  I have never had any problem with them.... and I love to order from Amazon...  Paypal is really a trusted place...  so have fun! 

Also just make sure you trust the company you order from.... Read the reviews of the product....  With Amazon, it is very easy to return something... They even email you the return shipping information!  Yes, a phone call, should be returned, before I would order anything.

Cammi, you talk about diarrhea days.... So get this....  I had the big ginormous bottle of MO out, because I needed to do SOMEthing, because I just could not go, after surgery.  So DH thought, okay, maybe I shall take this too! 

He was up ALL NIGHT!  HaH!  I asked him why did you TAKE that?  And he said, because you did!  ...  I should NOT have laughed, but men and meds just do NOT go together...   Now I ask him every morning if he would care for another glass of MO!

Enerva!  I read about Venezuela!  I'm so sorry!  Just hope your relatives can stay safe! 

Jwoo, You mean kind of like this?

I would probably just go put them in your right size bra, or buy a new bra, and take these to fit inside?   My Mom had a prosthetic, which was pretty big AND expensive, but who would even see them? 

Okay.... My gal-friend came over today with lunch!  Just like a picnic!  

And "wheel-chair Steve" our neighbor's Son, came by with a card and a box of chocolates!  Those Ferraro' chocolates?   I just hope this is a jump-start on me losing weight...  Not the chocolates, just not eating 1/2 as much, and being semi-cranky....image

I don't know WHAT I would do without my DH.... He really came through.   Okay....bye gals!  Maybe going to try and get the ruffled shower curtain down, and wash a few things! xoxooxxo

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

Chabba, just catching up from pg 308, About dogs and rutting dear too funny. My neighbor has a motion activated cameras, wouldn't that have been fun to see the rut.

• sas-schatzi

Well, I did see pg 309----3 more to go to 312,  I'm wishing all the problems on 309 are fixed. Sprinkle        sprinkle fairy dust and clapp your hands. Close your eyes tight and let all the bad stuff be gone.

• sas-schatzi

On pg 310 good god, when I made this my home page and said to everyone come to a safe happy place LOL, Ya'll came We have gone from page 180 to 312 in two months.It's so nice and warm and fuzzy with our owls

Teka I wish I could get those coffee owls in the box. I have an idea.I'm getting pretty good at making the owls behave. Be back gonna try the idea

• ziggypop
    ziggypop Member Posts: 276

Holy chitta. I just read some pages of this thread and you all are crazy.. certifiable cray cray.  I read on a different thread that chevy broke her hip - am now convinced that she was out riding a mechanical bull and went flying. I pulled my drain out a couple nights ago and was feeling kinda hard-core, pretty good about myself and now I just feel like a little wimpy a$$ed girl who can't keep up with the old BC ladies. Damn.  THANKS A LOT. 

• sas-schatzi

Okay Owlettes I did it. I made a new thread. Use it how you wish. When you post something picwise or cartoon or song link copy and paste if you want too. I think it'll be a nice place for just pics and links, but all threads take on a life or death of their own LOL. I just don't like loosing all the pics as the pages pass. 

Their will be a hyperlink in each topic box. You hit the hyperlink in the box and it takes you to back to where you came from. 

The pic link is already set up. I'm going to the owl box now. So, if you see all the owl askew.You'll know I've intruded on their space :) sassy

also, put the link in your FAVS

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/102/topic/...

• sas-schatzi

Ziggy hells bells,  I invited you here from the Constipation thread when you were a NEWBIE----NO____now your hundreds of posts in. That's okay Please, come join us. I will have to go back to the constipation thread. Your post there was ROTFLOL.

• ziggypop

Oh hells bells is right - I just found your PMs. I'm still a newbie. I have yet to be indoctrinated into the sas, chevy, cammi world. Have a feeling it's like going through some strange old lady (Happy) with BC hazing ceremony. 

• sas-schatzi

Yes that's exactly it. The rules are you have to be as zanny as you can be. Limitless.I'm going to find your post on the Constipation thread and post here so all can see you are a way out there wannabbe vaudevillian. LOL Not sure that's spelled right looks like vaude-villan-----I think the i makes it okay.

• sas-schatzi

The birds are all over the place OH MY .........I'll fix them when I catch up.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

Ziggypop!  Yes, the BULL!  Ha, ha!  I wish I had a better excuse, than just twisting my foot on a rock, and falling like a ton of bricks!  My one "mentally old" gal-friend is forever blaming evrything that happens to us "growing old!" 

We should thank GOD we GET to grow "older"!  She is a bitch.... that's all....  She is not a happy person anyway.... just a bleak outlook on life!  

Okay, I'll get to the next page in the morning.... It just hurts to SIT!  xoxooxo

• sas-schatzi

Ziggy's first post on the Constipation Thread---------LOved it. We write allot of puns there, What can I say the topics about poop.

1375297_749970688352343_1666794167_nziggypopJoined: Oct 2013Posts: 697

Post a reply Report this Post

Dec 16, 2013 03:16pm ziggypop wrote:

Well, shit. I have nothing to add, other than to say this is a pretty shitty conversation yall are having. : )

• sas-schatzi

This was Ziggy's only other post on the Constipation thread, but it does asy lots about her humor Loopy. My post back to her I included b/c her line was just a great lead in comic line.

1375297_749970688352343_1666794167_nziggypopJoined: Oct 2013Posts: 697

Post a reply Report this Post

Dec 21, 2013 11:05am ziggypop wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cNRkQJcnUk

A Christmas song for all my crappy friends. Sing it with me now..

there were, five, five, constipated men in the bible...

Dec 21, 2013 01:47pm, edited Dec 21, 2013 01:49pm by sas-schatzi

Ziggy I'm sensing that this is an outlet for you LOL. I'll stand aside. Those elephant poops could be a drowner.

BTW "Hey Nunnie Nunnie" will be added to my late night viewing along with Jeff Dunham.

• sas-schatzi

So, Ziggy do you feel welcomed? Honest you don't have to post anything about poop, scouts honor. But I was ROTFLOL when you wrote those. Was so sorry you didn't come here Singing

• ziggypop

I call  BULL chevy about twisting the foot on a rock, that's just lame and clearly a cover-up for far more nefarious activity. Something that even you would not admit to the masses. 

Sassy - am not a wannabbe vaude-villian just a hanger on to the villains I adore. 

Whoo Whoo owlikins............... 

• sas-schatzi

Okayyyyyyyyyyyy Ziggty-your a poopin pain in  the pitututy-------yourhoot  is what we need. We have ups and downs and everything in between. But what we do most of all is take care of each other.

BC sucks. All that comes with BC sucks. 

Only us understand the humor, or the irony, or the sadness that BC brings. Help us maintain sanity in an insane situation

BY HUMOR-------my sense is that you are a humorist. That's why I invited you from your first post.

We are responsive to all needs here. 

Humor keeps us ALIVE. Feeds our spirit.  Makes us happy, I see your inate ability.

• sas-schatzi

SOOOOOoooooo where is everyoneoooooooooH very cool no no ones here We all have lives. I came back to check b/c we'er waiting for a pizza.--------------

• sas-schatzi

Teka-what a great pic for the notheners---------so wish, they have what Spookie and I have

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618

I'm back, been out all day, hardly had time to see emails before I left the house. Went to a yarn show in the Bay Area. Was very good and only bought 3 skeins. Visited with a friend on the way to another friends house. Tomorrow is the sewing guild meeting so will be busy all day with that.

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,969

Teka- love the "dear winter breaking up photo!" So funny! 

I lurk here at lot, but don't post much. It is hard to keep up with the pages of posts, but enjoy reading the diversity of things folks share! Been busy working on finishing tax documents for self and consulting business tonight. It is done and going in the mail to my accountant tomorrow. 

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934

Ugg...did you mention taxes? We need to work on ours, I usuall use turbotax.com, but I'm not so sure we can do that this year.

Well I guess I'll take the hint and try to get some sleep at a decent hour since it is so quiet tonight. Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Sas all that about pics too much for my simple brain. Will try later.

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801

Oh. Right. Taxes. Yeah, well.... we used to pay a CPA to do our taxes, and we'd get like $600 back. Of course, the CPA's bill was $600... Devil

So we started using Turbo Tax. Gotta tell ya - that's the best for charitable deductions! We clean out a lot of crap treasures every year and donate stuff to various charities... we never got as much of a deduction as we do with TT.  But we haven't filed yet... those receipts are around here somewhere... probably out in the garage, in a box marked "SORT"... 

Went to the Acupuncturist today... last week I got "Cupping" for stress... either it worked, or I just don't give a rat's butt these days. Today was needles in the top of my skull for chronic back pain. At least with the back pain, I don't notice any other joint pain!!!

Plans for MIL's Memorial Service are complete... now to just get through Monday, and any family psychodrama that brings. I am visualizing a protective bubble around DH and me... 

Actually it should be very nice. We're expecting maybe 150 people - unusual, as MIL was 93, and FIL is 92. But he is - and has been - VERY active in the community, and everyone wants to come pay their respects. AND -  the weather should be gorgeous - 75 degrees!

The next day we'll spend with our youngest son and granddaughter, as they're driving in from Seattle. That will be a nice change of pace.

Hope all you little Owlettes are snoozing away!!!

Nighty night!!!

• ziggypop

1:20 am - time for a hotflash! Oh boy. Helps to think of it as a low cost sauna. 

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934

can't sleep.....i've been doing so good with my sleep up till now. I think it's because I drank a little pepsi max, the caffiene. I haven't had caffeine in week and my body is like whaaaaat??

ziggy-does it wake you up, or you just already awake?

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

Anybody else here?

Ziggy, you do have the sense of humor! I would never think of hot flashes as a low cost sauna. 

Blessings, I see that protective bubble around you and DH. Knowing all the time you spent on the memorial will produce great results next week.

Speaking of taxes, just spent the last couple hours doing DD's using Turbo Tax. She needs to submit FAFSA and is applying to a local university for her nursing program. Just hoping that it all works out for her (that she gets accepted to the school, to the nursing program and is eligible for financial assistance).

The stupid sinus problems/migraines I had a couple of weeks ago have turned into this awful cough and sore throat.  Been drinking lots of Blessings special elixir. Have been coughing so much my abdomen hurts and feels like I bruised a rib. I think a visit to the urgent care is in order tomorrow. 

• jwoo
    jwoo Member Posts: 931

taxes- i gotta get to mine too. any of you ladies claim your medical costs? i've never done so before and was just curious how it works and if it is worth the effort.