Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

INSOMNIACS place to talk in the wee hours

Comments

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258

Oh, THANKS Sassy!  I looked at the bottle, it is 650 Mg..... Not the 750 mg, that I thought I read...  STILL I will not take more than 1....(ONE) like every 5-6 hours!

I am thinking that my one ear is "roaring" and making such a racket, IS because of the Tylenol X-strength! 

I remember the hearing aid tech, talking about how he went temporarily deaf, from taking too much Tylenol at one time for an injury.  His hearing came back, but  any of these meds affect each of us differently....  My older neighbor takes 2 regular Tylenol every 4 hours....  Not Extra-Strength! 

So I'm going to the Doc's tomorrow, and will check all this out....  Right now my hip isn't hurting more than I can handle! 

So glad I talked to you Sass....  My brain gets scrambled,  and I was just looking for help.....

I understand, NO MORE THAN 4000 MG OF TYLENOL WITHIN 24 HOURS!    Or else, sounds like your Liver will just fall out! 

And yes.... back to the 1 a day baby aspirin!  xoxoxoxoxo

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

OMG I didn't understand one thing of all this chit--except for the funny pictures. But I do have perfect ears.

Oh Chevy u must really be hurting a lot and I am sorry, but u have to be patient with this, it's still so soon and from what I've heard this is a hurting type of operation for anyone- When u see u'r Doc tomorrow ask exactly what u can do physically and u can find out if u overdo anything and listen, now tell the Doc about u'r hearing and maybe they can help on that too.And if u have to learn how to read lips quickly. OWL say my prayers for u--really, I can't stand u in pain, I don't like anyone is pain it's so awful--u really can't think straight. And for some of us that's a bigger struggle than anyone can imagine.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893

OH it's quiet here this afternoon, I see that as a very positive sign. Methinks our Owlettes are living life in some way i.e watching the race, Family, church. This is goodSillyHeart

I'm studying. Did some work on the constipation thread. Absolutely, worn out reading about Senna. A simple statement sent me on a many hour reading binge. But it was productive. 

Now studying thyroid abnormalities. IF it is cancer, believe it or not it's  a better type of cancer to have. Crazy statement, but I will worry less between now and friday. One of the things that I read today is frozen section pathology is a waste of time. So, likely won't have path results till Mon-Wed. b/c the whole thing needs slicing and dicing. The strips are paper thin and each has to be reviewed.

I did find something on BONE METS which is really why i'm posting. Thyroid mets's to the same places as BC ---brain , lung, bone. Any hows in Re: to BONE METS, b/c I think we have a couple here. Does this statement mean anything to BC BONE METS  "Periodic intravenous infusions of bisphosphonate drugs may help reduce pain, pathologic fractures, and progression of bone metastases" The word that caught my eye was "progression". I know there are other chemo drugs for bone mets. Just wondered is the biphosphanate---ie. anti-osteoporosis/penia drugs being used as part of your therapy?

• Chevyboy

You are such a sweet little chit Cammi!  Ha!  No, I don't like to see you in pain either.... I just want to hear good stuff from your room....!  I'll ask the Doc tomorrow when I go.... I imagine they will say it just takes time....  BUT  like Sass said, just don't overdo theTylenol....   for pain. 

DD came over today, ran the vacuum, wiped down all of our kitchen cupboards, etc! 

And the damn race is on rain delay.... They are showing last years....  unless it started again, and I think I am too busy to watch it anyway.... So Hah, on them!

I am soooooooooo lucky.... with my Daughter here, DH taking care of me....  and all of you friends I can find on here!   Thanks guys....  even the little shit what's her name.. Rodney something? 

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

Sas, there is an article on these boards...Research Pinpoints Which Women Benefit from Bisphosphonates After Early-Stage Disease.

If you type in Bisphosphonates, Jan. 28, 2014 in the search box on the home page it will come up. I have talked to my MO about this, she said insurance would never pay, as I am not osteopenia, & this is early reports. I told her I would be willing to pay, we will discuss it again in May when I have my next appt.

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783

Were these the shoes Chevy was wearing for the "incident"?
  • Chevyboy

YES!  Same kind!  Ha, ha!  Aren't those cute?  I mean when we walk around the mall, we see those shoes in the store windows, and I swear, I could NOT even try one on, if I were sitting down!   Some of the shoes are just recockulous.... as the Cammi would say! 

If I had one of those, I would have to use it for a planter!  SillyHeart

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,922

Chevy, or a murder weapon.

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618

love the shoe, planter a great idea! We would all break a hip or neck trying to wear one of those. 

It's a beautiful 75 degrees here, northern CA. We are expecting rain on Wednesday or Thursday, so keeping fingers crossed. Don't know if the will move south or not.

Hope everybody is doing fine today/night.

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418

gorgeous weather here also, DH & I filled 3 trash cans full of yard debris. I am going to be sore, I think. That is a good thing. 

Chevyboy, I have not had a chance or a battery charge to comment on what a cute little photo of you and drummer boy brother. Very sweet. 

Olympics are over, NOW what excuse am I going to use for my recliner addiction. DS coming for dinner so I am off to make fried chicken, mashed potatoes & for you Sas, carrots.....:))

• sas-schatzi

Badger, I coined a phrase a when the sport/gaming of paintball was started.  "Paintball therapy" definition---Let's just try this therapy and see if it works. As time has gone on the phrase has gained more meaning as very specific tests have become available. 

I introduced my PCP, MO, and counselor to Genelex in 2010. PCP offers test to her patients----6 other docs in the practice , don't know if they offer it. Counselor will make no medication recommendations without Genelex testing. MO doing testing , but haven't chatted about who and what.

At first discussion in Jan 2010, MO dropped his jaw and responded "I don't even know about that.", when I talked of the 2d6, 2c9, 2c19, 3a4, 3a5.  DH was on slew of drugs and I did a listing and chart of his meds pathways.

It's kind of wild, I may have influenced the company to offer the 3a4,3a5 in their panel of testing. Dan Daugherty at Genelex and I were talking. Lol you know I can talk. Asked when a test would be available fot the two. He said it was but since the statistics related to population abnormalities of the genes were low, they weren't offering it because they felt it would be testing uneccessarily overall. I countered with the fact that sooooooooo many drugs went through the path that to the smaller population group would seriously benefit. New it was allot of drugs, not near what I learned recently ---50% of all drugs go through the two paths. I thought 2D6 was high at 25%. 

Low and behold I'm abnormal on both. So, of the panel of six genes tested, I have three that are abnormal.

Did more reading today, they have a few more I'm going to work on getting tested for.

• FierceBluebird
    FierceBluebird Member Posts: 463

http://www.knittedknockers.info/

Knitted knockers website

Chevy, my daughter has large ears and has been tormented her whole life also. I think her ears are adorable and when she was small we called her  Pixie. I didn't want to put her through plastic surgery and I truly love her ears! But she wishes I had and now at 20 years old always keeps her hair in front of her ears. 

• sas-schatzi

Hole-in-one---what a hoot you remember that carrots are on my turn my stomach list LOl All that carrot juice growing up UGH.    Sorry the olympics are over. I know they were BIG for you.

• sas-schatzi

Bluebird would you write a blurb about the knockers and I'll put it several places,  Pretty please SillyHeart I remember when you first wrote about them you description was so nice. You could just direct me too the page that it was on.

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084

someone needs to save Knitted Knockers info and website to Sassy's Remember Important stuff thread 

• ziggypop
    ziggypop Member Posts: 276

Dutchiris - You found my long lost dumbo eared cousin's stiletto! I know if you tried that on Chevy's foot it would fit just like Cinderella's lost slipper. Chevy you get better so you can go on that trip to Sturgis you've been planning. One oxy before bed so the pain doesn't wake you up, one by the bed with a big glass of water for the middle of the night. (and stop with the pole dancing - shhh I dint say that). And Sassy - no more learning experiences for you. Geez, it takes a lot to try to keep you ladies in line. 

XXXOOO ~ that full of shit person

• sas-schatzi

maddy you read my mind. I'll just peruse the threads and spam them. I always get a sweet note from the Mods asking me not to that. Actually will only be a dozen or so---they consider that spamming

• 2nd_time_around

Beautiful weather today, too bad I slept most of the night and day. 

Smaarty, rain is in our forecast too, coming in Wednesday/Thursday. Saying it should be heavy by the weekend. Hoping it turns out that way. From my kitchen window, I can see the snow on top of the San Berdoo mts, when we have had it. Our skiing resorts aren't doing well this year.

• FierceBluebird
    FierceBluebird Member Posts: 463

Knitted Knockers Charities is a non-profit that exists to provide free patterns for knitters and crocheters to be able to make knockers and help mastectomy
    patients get free Knitted Knockers made by volunteers.

I love my Knitted Knockers! They are light and soft and warm. Unlike my silicone prosthetic which is heavy and cold when first worn, then it later causes me to sweat.

I wear my knitted knockers inside a regular bra or tucked in the pocket of a mastectomy bra. They are beautiful, and a godsend to those of us with an uneven mastectomy scar.

Knitted knockers website:

http://www.knittedknockers.info/

• 2nd_time_around

Teka and Sassy, I posted on that other thread. Trying to post a pic too but iPads don't work the same way. 

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

Sas! I can be a ditzy, blonde roots kinda gal. This is one if those times. While I didn't understand most of the techy stuff you wrote, DID YOU SAY IF YOU ARE ON COUMADIN the Taxotere dose should be reduced? Is that why the damn stuff almost killed me?

• 2nd_time_around

oh, post from Spookiesmom reminds me: 

Sassy, owls were way messed up this morning on iPad - jumbo size, now they're normal.

Spookiesmom avatar shows up correctly on Mac, sideways on iPad. 

Very strange

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737

Yep owls are behaving, gee they have a mind of their own those ones.

Not from here but from home. Then nowhere to go so had better stay.

PS It's my home anyway!!!!

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

Spookie shows sideways on my iPhone too, have been told it's ok on regular 'putters. Must be an apple glitch. 

• 2nd_time_around

Spookiesmom, selective Apple glitch.  Looked great on the Mac. It was nice to see Spookie without having to turn my head

• 2nd_time_around

quiet night.... Everyone watching the closing ceremony of the Olympics? Thought I'd just check to see if anyone else is awake.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938

hi Maddy!  I've been up for a little while.  Got the recycling & trash ready to put out, did a couple loads of laundry, and got my lunch packed.  :-)

• Chevyboy

OH!  First thing I read is miss smartypants telling us it is WHAT?   75 degrees?  I think she is bragging.... Tain't possible.  show off....

Yes GG.... my little brother!  He just always makes me laugh!  I told you what he said when I told him I broke my Femur...  "I thought that was a small furry animal!"   Little shit!

Sass!  WTH???  WHAT?  I mean I'm trying to pretend I know what you are talking about...  Cammi!  Do YOU get it?  What's this about paint-ball stuff?   And ain't gonna do no good for you to 'splain it any further, cause I STILL won't get it....  I'm hopeless....

Ah little Bluebird..., your Daughter will learn to not pay any attention to her little ears...  If that was the only birth-defect I had, all my other ones would feel lonesome.  Like my toes, for instance...  Or my face...

Ha! 

So that full of shit person ziggypoptart woke up?  You guys, SHE is trouble!  I can just feel it!  Actually though, if I HAD a pole, back in the day, I WOULD have danced on it... So HAH! 

Yes.... nothing like riding down the highway on the back of a big ol' Harley,  and that THUNDER of that engine vibrating through your butt, to make a gal feel, well, happy....image  And then going to that bar, and dancing 1/2 the night, and drinking and just having a blast! 

I just made all that up.

WAIT!  I have to find all my carrot recipe's.... You say Sass loves Carrots?  And she loves Spam?  Who knew?

Morning Maddy, Teka & Badger!  Did any of you watch the Daytona finish last night?  OMG it was sooooooooooo good!  Junior WON!  I almost yelled out loud!  

Love your Owl Aly.... and hi to you spookiegirl!  xoxoxo

• Chevyboy

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711

Good Morning---I slept most of yesterday and all nite---

Chevy I'm with u on this one--I read Sas's posts and think if I read them again will I understand anything?  Guess

I love those shoes and I did think that would be a great weapon and legally no problem, just keep one in u'r purse. U guys said it before, even these models can't walk in them, some fall and some take them off immediately when done, and when I watched Julia Roberts walk on one of the award shows alone, both Joey and I said she can't walk on those shoes--so they are not really very practical for anyone, but they are pretty.

Well I have to get my work station (shut up Chevy) all set up for my ease--so I'll be bok