Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Any 40-ish survivors?

Comments

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited November 2011

Betsy,

Just started it but so far so good. Was highly recommended by a friend and on the best seller list so we'll see. Best of luck tomorrow, will be thinking of you.

Welcome back Profbee.......

Good night & gentle hugs to all.... 

• sagina
    sagina Member Posts: 849
    edited November 2011

Kim~too bad about the expensive flights - but I understand, we light the entire riverwalk downtown the day after thanksgiving, and they have a Christmas river parade...we love parades, and parties....So since you are missing this the next best time to come is the third week of April or so, for Fiesta a 14 day festival all over the city ending with a day parade (the Battle of Flowers) and the illuminated night parade the next day. I think they said about 700,000 attend the night parade (cooler weather I think!) It's a great city to visit as there is so much to do with money like Sea World and Fiesta Texas theme parks, then more on the moderate side, the zoo, the botanical gardens, the Whitte museum (great for kids), and then of course the history lovers Alamo and the missions. When you come, dinner at my families one night for sure!  I'll post pics on FB for sure of the lighting of the riverwalk.

Good luck Betsy and Angel, God speed with wonderful results!

• marthah
    marthah Member Posts: 195
    edited November 2011

LOL Christine! Good lord...does it show that much? Yep, I was a hippie hold-over in the 70's. I'm the youngest of 4, and my sibs graduated hs in '66, '71 & '73. I was class of '79, but graduated a year early in '78. I had the long, straight hair, bell-bottoms, fringe purse...the whole 9 yards. My first two rock concerts were Emerson, Lake & Palmer and Frank Zappa!

Define "preppy"??? Cool

Betsy, will be thinking of you in the morning. You've been such a help to others...paying a little forward to you!

• sarah1968uk
    sarah1968uk Member Posts: 327
    edited November 2011

Hi Kiwi!

Yes - it was a ridiculous time when I last posted - gone 3am! My sleeping habits are crackers. Finding MLD for my lymph. is relaxing me a lot, though, so hopefully, I'll manage to get to sleep "early" tonight ie. before 1am!  Hope you aren't getting too sore from your rads.

Thanks for asking about my arm, Kim. The awful muscle pains I had in the summer and after have gone now, thank God!  But my arm was up 9% with the LE 2 weeks ago I'm I'm doing the whole caboodle - exercising, massaging 3x a day, MLD and then the pump-machine thing next week! It's all blocked from rads damage - what a pain!  Are you having a nice trip away for Thanksgiving? Is it next Thurs?  Or am I way off?!  Nice not to have to cook!

Love to all, Sarah x

• kmur
    kmur Member Posts: 849
    edited November 2011

Hi Everyone,

Gina, That sounds so pretty and thank you for your offer...when we make it your way I will let you know ...I know you know food based on the photos I see and each time I have thought your plates just look yummy..Look forward to your pictures of the lighting. i will take some as well during our stay in Tennessee.

Sarah, I'm glad you are getting some relief..Thanksgiving is next Thursday and I feel funny about not cooking ( it will be kind of odd for me ) I am really looking forward to time with family though.

Kiwimum..Hope your daughter is feeling better

Thoughts to Betsy today

• profbee
    profbee Member Posts: 304
    edited November 2011

Seriously...Thanksgiving is next weeek?!?!  Wow.  I can't even believe that!  MAN, I am in another world!  It'll just be us three here--me, dh and ds--but I guess I better start thinking about how to make it special.  hmmm....going to Exeter today to meet the Herceptin doc...maybe I'll just HAVE to stop at this adorable little chocolate shop and get a chocolate turkey or three for us.  :)  That'd be cute next to everyone's plates.  Man...we better get out to tag a tree or we're going to have to get a runt this year!

• mamachick
    mamachick Member Posts: 154
    edited November 2011

Thanks, Odie16!  I have The Shack but haven't started it yet.  I have heard that it is really good. Can't wait to read the Help.  It is the first book I am going to buy for my Kindle that I ordered last week.

Angel- so glad you were able to get you MRI!

Betsy- Thinking about you today, let us know when you can how it went.

Martha- YAY, for being almost done!!!! It will be a good Thanksgiving for you.

Profbee -Happy to see you, hope all goes well with the new doctor today.

Have a good day everyone!  Thinking about you all!

• odie16
    edited November 2011

Profbee,

Chocolate turkeys? Seriously??? OMG!!! 

Good luck at the appt today...

• Eema
    Eema Member Posts: 403
    edited November 2011

Hi Girls, 

I know I've been AWOL...recovering from the hyst/ooph, and tomorrow is my exchange which, the PS said today, which will require SIGNIFICANT work.  Poop.  And I'll have to have drains again.  I felt like he made it my fault, but I'm not the one who threw the implants at my chest to see where they'd stick!  

I'm feeling kinda weak after all this surgery.  I'm tired.  A stupid &!tch just pissed me off by telling me 'good luck, I want to get my boobs done, too!'  Yeah.  That's why I had a bilateral mastectomy, so I could have my boobs done...  Stupid, stupid &!tch.

I'll come back when I have a better attitude!

xoxo

Eema

• christine47
    christine47 Member Posts: 846
    edited November 2011

Eema,  we have missed you and your humor.  I see your PS tossing your implants in the air to see where they land.  I hope his aim is better tomorrow.  Many of the women on this site just got BC for the boob jobs!  Please post back as soon as you are able, or if we need to talk you down later today.

• odie16
    edited November 2011

Eema,

Welcome back.. Not that it is any consolation (misery loves company crap), but I am having exchange surgery Thursday with some pocket work & such and will also have two of those blasted drains when I come home. I really wish you the best tomorrow and hope you feel better. Until then, feel free to vent if need be... As for the &!tch, you can't cure stupid so ......

• Eema
    edited November 2011

Oooh, odie16, we are almost twins!  Good luck for you--what are you getting?  :)  

You know what my problem is?  I don't have any nipples to put nipple shields around.  THAT would make me happy!  Where are my nipples? OMG!  I'm going to start screaming when I come out of anesthesia, "Where the 5UCK ARE MY NIPPLES???  THE HORROR, THE HORROR!!!"

What do you think?  And I'm going to write on my chest tonight, "Hey Doc, Don't 5UCK UP this time.  Thanks, Love, Eema!" 

• kmur
    edited November 2011

Eema..

I know we could have some fun talking about that comment...we will save that for another day..I know you will handle this surgery well..do let us know how you are- as  we truly enjoy your company and will be thinking of you .

• Eema
    edited November 2011

MWAH, KIM!

Did you take my nipples?   

• kmur
    edited November 2011

Ok Eema...You must know I am SLOW...I have no idea what that means????

• kmur
    edited November 2011

OHHHH...I missed that earlier post...So I guess I'm not slow...I thought I may need to go to stupidland too... LOL

• kmur
    edited November 2011

BTW...I am innocent...I do NOT have your nipples...I don't even have mine......

• mom2one
    mom2one Member Posts: 51
    edited November 2011

Hello Everyone.  I have been gone awhile but still trying to read the posts when I can.  I have just scheduled my nipple reconstruction surgery for December 27th.  Trying to get it in before my insurance resets in January.  I went back and forth trying to decide if I even want to go through another surgery but I almost feel I should just to give me some sort of "normal" again.  (whatever that is)  Not real excited about going back under again but the PS keeps telling me how great I will feel when this is all behind me.  If any of you have been through this already, what can I expect?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  I am glad so many of you seem to be doing well.  It is always nice to see reports of clean scans. 

• christine47
    edited November 2011

Eema, I don't have them either, I have mine and they are beautiful.  Let me know when you want to borrow my protectors.  I think you should leave your ps and note on your tummy or somewhere with a sharpie.

kmur, I don't know what MWAH means either??  I used to think lol was love you lots, my boys make fun of me all the time.

mom2one, I am glad I got the nips, no pain, easy surgery, kinda gross, and protecting is a pain in the butt, but they really help with the look.

good luck with your exchange odie16, keep us posted.

• kmur
    edited November 2011

Hi mom2one.. I know a few of us have had this surgery ..do you know how this will be done for you?  I really think the addition of nipples was the part that made mine seem real again.

• kmur
    edited November 2011

I know Christine...I need a cheat sheet...I am a fuddy duddy ....and I have nipples,but not MY nipples....Lol- I sure was not going to admit to having Eemas nipples.. And I really do like my new nipples...she did a very good job with that surgery..very real looking....

• christine47
    edited November 2011

Kmur, I thought you had nipples.  BTW (by the way), they are yours, you paid for them!  Have yours stabilized in size?  Mine seemed to be shrinking daily in the begining, now just about perfect, I hope they stay the same.  I go back to my PS next monday to talk about the tats and deciede on any additional fat grafting.

• kmur
    edited November 2011

Mine did shrink some too..I really like the size..and I still have some color to mine too...if the color of the skin remains the same..I don't know that I will tattoo...I don't want them too dark???

• kmur
    edited November 2011

OK a sleep question for you all....I don't sleep..not much anyway. I tried Ambian and I am wide awake...Benadryl has the same effect and Tylenol PM too...wide awake...is there anything you all are aware of for sleep?? Should I try a different kind of sleep aid or just stay away from them completely...I know some nights are better than others..my awake time starts around 2:00 ..then off and on until I get up??

• mom2one
    edited November 2011

Kmur:  My doc did say that once in awhile one dose of Nyquil was ok.  You cant take often but it helps me go to sleep especially if I am feeling a little stuffy as well.  Also my PS did not say where he takes the skin from to make the nipples.  I have an appt with him on the 14th of December.  We will see.

• mom2one
    edited November 2011

I should also say that I am not on any other meds for the cancer.  It might be bad for you with other meds. 

• kmur
    edited November 2011

mom2one..In my case the PS took a skin graft from the bikini line and made the nipple areola. At the same time ..I had fat grafting to give the implant more shape and to hide rippling. I will say for me ..I was sore in the harvested areas,but it really was not too bad...I love the nipples ..as I said it really does make them appear real..and I don't know that anyone would be able to tell??

Thanks for the suggestion about sleep..it can be so annoying..if I could get up and get stuff done without waking the house I would do my cleaning!!

• christine47
    edited November 2011

kmur, I am a big believer in the benifits of a good nights sleep.  I use ambien (10mg and not generic), I do great!  There are many other options, talk to your primary doc or MO.  Once in awhile niquil maybe ok, but it does dry you out (not just your nose), so beware. 

• kmur
    edited November 2011

Thanks Christine...I see the ONC Wed. for my 4 month follow up..I will ask his assistant. Do you think the generic would be different than the original?

• christine47
    edited November 2011

mom2one, I had my graft right from the breast skin, no donor site, I had the C-V graft, no areola, just nip, so I will need to do the tattoo.  I will tell you absolutely no pain from the cv graft.