Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

A place to talk death and dying issues

Comments

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited March 2015

well i am hoping that is what it is

Thanks 

• Rosevalley
    Rosevalley Member Posts: 1,664
    edited March 2015

Blondie- ((((Hugs)))))

I hope we all have a peaceful passing to the other shore. Floating along in a canoe....

• Megafest
    Megafest Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2015

Hi so sad to hear of your condition. I have aaggressive breast cancer stage 3 and had gotten to the point where you are (getting my house in order as far as burial) but tonight it changed it all. If you have HBO Please search VICE: Cancer to watch a forty minute program that proves promising for cancer. They are testing certain viruses measles, hiv smallpox to actually kill the cancer it bypasses all our healthy cells and attacks the cancer as I watched this being done on four people three with brain cancer 1 with bone cancer go directly into remission I cried they may have found the cure. ..if you do not have HBO try you tube as well and please hang in there and after watching I know you will be encouraged to hang on. They are saying this should be FDA approved by 2016.

• dunesleeper
    dunesleeper Member Posts: 1,305
    edited March 2015

I just feel like I want to hug you all, and at the moment, foremost in my mind is (((Calico))) and (((blondie))).

• CalicoCat
    CalicoCat Member Posts: 299
    edited March 2015

Thank you, ((((Dunesleeper)))), right back atcha!

((((MammaRay)))), I know you're a big girl now, but I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this at such a young age. Prayers flying your way for healing, strength, and peace.

My onc is the doc in this article who started the Art of Life Cancer Foundation:

http://www.fresnobee.com/2015/03/25/4446432/nonprofit-to-build-cancer-healing.html

xoxoxoxxoxox

Calico

• Rosevalley
    edited March 2015

Calico- Your oncologist sounds like he gets it! How wonderful you will have a place of healing. I will never forget what a healing presence it was to walk around the children's garden at Legacy Emanuel Randal Childrens Hospital. My DD was in there for a week (4 years ago) and we put on our ski jackets and walked the garden and it calmed her, we enjoyed the artwork and sculpture even though it was winter. It was a special place and we both needed it! The hospital rooms can get claustrophobic! Everytime I would be stressed and miserable I headed to a garden for rejuvenation and healing. I just wanted to sit and be there with the beauty and the plants. My favorite is the Japanese Garden in Portland. Drugs have their place but a garden heals and feeds the soul. If a hospital doesn't have a garden you have to wonder why not? Healing the body is one thing, there needs to be a place for the spirit and the soul to be healed and nourished as well.

• car2tenn
    car2tenn Member Posts: 132
    edited March 2015

Dear Tam,

There are people out here in cyberworld who care and send you healing messages. I have no advice other than you to know that all of us wonder how we will handle these situations. I wish you strength each and every day. thinking of you . Carolyn from Music City

• blondiex46
    edited April 2015

Virtual hugs

• CalicoCat
    edited April 2015

Oh, what you say is so true, Rosevalley, about gardens and beautiful scenery, and calming the soul of the "savage beasts" of fear and anxiety.

And, Brendatrue, I'm really relating to what you said about never really, let's see, how did you put it? Something like "getting over" this, i.e. grieve it and be done. I tried so hard today to get out of my blue funk, and nothing seemed to work.

I saw the onc on Monday and had my second Halaven treatment. I commented to him that the last time I saw him, he'd said he would "take care of" me. He said, "Absolutely." I asked him if he would tell me when it was time to go into hospice, and he said "Absolutely" and he would "pull no punches", that we would "switch gears", but that he was "hoping for a home run with Halaven", and that we wouldn't need to talk about that for at least 2 years. I told him to keep swinging, and he said he would. I hate to say it, but somehow, I don't think either one of us is going to get that wish.

I'm having progressively worsening numbness and tingling in my left arm and hand. It seems to have started with the Abraxane, and is slowly worsening. At C4-C5 in my neck, I have a "broad-based bulge and osteophytes", so it could be from that. I'd be concerned about a heart issue, but my heart was checked out not long ago. I'll call the onc and see what he thinks we should do. I hate how other things still go wrong even when dealing with the BC. We should get a pass on other &$@*!!!

xoxoxoxoxoox and thank you for being there!

Calico

• CalicoCat
    edited April 2015

Hi, MammaRay, hugs to you, too. I was born in San Antonio, Tx., but live at the southern entrance to Yosemite National Park, CA now, about an hour from Fresno. I'm so sorry you've been in a funk, too. Maybe it's something going around, and we'll get over it, at least the funk part! :)

Does anyone else hate the emoticons on this board? Now THEY'RE funky!

Also, someone was saying (SyrMom maybe?) that she couldn't get a treatment to show up in her list. Mine shows up, but now several are out of date order. I think they must be working out a few bugs in the "improvements" to the web site.

I know I e-mailed a moderator once, but can't see how to do that now.

xoxoxoxoxo!!!

Calico

• CalicoCat
    edited April 2015

Yes, it's north and a bit east of Fresno. Here's a NOAA map of the area:

Partial CA Map from NOAA weather web site

xoxoxoxooxxo

Calico

• cling
    cling Member Posts: 263
    edited April 2015

Calico:  Hugs to you from SAT!  Blue bonnets are in bloom and so are oak pollens!

• CalicoCat
    edited April 2015

Hi, MammaRay, I take a cocktail of drugs to get me to sleep (all psych approved), and usually sleep pretty well, but not for too long. Maybe 6 - 8 hours. But since I'm on the Halaven, I'm wanting to sleep during the day. I try and resist that so as not to mess up my nighttime sleep.

Hey, Cling! LOVE the bluebonnets in the spring! So many pretty rides in the hill country. One of the prettiest rides I ever took was between Houston and SA. The medians were awash in wildflowers. That oak pollen is a bear!

xoxoxoxoxo

Calico

• Rosevalley
    edited April 2015

Calico- (((Hugs)))) Hope you feel better. The spring flowers are definitely helping lift my mood. Forget-me-nots are blooming along with tulips and azaleas, all the fruit trees too. I love Spring.

Wiltsie how are you?

• dunesleeper
    edited April 2015

We have croakus and jonquils. I love Spring too.

• Rosevalley
    edited April 2015

You know I just don't like what they did to further explain what treatment and surgeries we have had. It seems absurdly redundant, repeating everything. If you made it to the stage 4 and into this "club" folks don't need all this explanation. It just eats up a post. I think I will just adjust mine and turn it off. It looks so weird and sounds so silly.

• CalicoCat
    edited April 2015

I'm with you, Rosevalley, mine looks like a curriculum vitae from professional lab rat . . . . . or something . . . . . . . On the other hand, I do like to see where people are in their treatment. It gives me a sense of where they are on the path, so . . . . . . . I'll think about it . . . .

Dunesleeper, I'm uninformed about croakus and jonquils. I've heard of them, but not sure I've ever lived where they grew much. I bet they're gorgeous.

Rosevalley, Oregon must be glorious in spring. My sister lives in Happy Valley, close to Portland.

xoxoxoxoxoxo

Calico

• Beachbum1023
    Beachbum1023 Member Posts: 364
    edited April 2015

Hi Ladies, all this talk of Spring, budding trees, flowers, swimming pools, and summer birds I am so jealous. I live in Ohio and we have snow in the forecast, random icebergs on the lake, and mud. Lots of cold mud. But I love love love the pictures! Thanks!

• blondiex46
    edited April 2015

Happy holidays

• Beachbum1023
    Beachbum1023 Member Posts: 364
    edited April 2015

Hey Blondie, you have been busy here tonight. No sleep for you either? I get those nights that never end either. I hope your trip to Wal Mart got you all stocked up for the time being anyways. But getting out was probably nice. I stay in as much as possible to stay away from random germs. I can't wait for it get warmer. I do wish I lived close, I would be happy to drop over and help. I enjoy that, and it is nice to have a little chat while I run errands. Have a comfortable and peaceful Holiday! Cheryl

• Nel
    Nel Member Posts: 597
    edited April 2015

Beachbum - still have snow here in Mass and ponds still partially frozen over so I hear ya.  Not as bad as Ohio, but like you I am so over winter

Calico - hope you are doing better

Peaceful and gentle holidays to all.  Flowers and the warm sun on my face - so looking forward to all this year

• dunesleeper
    edited April 2015

I think we are doing yard work for Easter. I hope it will be sunny and not so windy.

• CalicoCat
    edited April 2015

Knowing one day, we'll all be at peace.

xoxoxxoxoxoxo

Calico

Roses are dreaming of blooming again

as they survive the worst of times.

Spring will come.

You'll look back on this one day,

and a day of comfort will come faster than it seems

at this moment in time.

I promise.

• blondiex46
    edited April 2015

I treaure each n everyone of u. Hope u all had agood holiday

• Brendatrue
    Brendatrue Member Posts: 487
    edited April 2015

Appreciated the beauty of this little dogwood tree, on the edge of the woods near my home. Felt peace contemplating it and its surroundings. Let go of the distress over fatigue from walking a relatively short distance. Allowed the comfort of just being to fill my heart, mind, body, and spirit.

Thinking of you all and hoping for moments of beauty, peace, letting go of unnecessary suffering, and comfort in your lives. In lovingkindness....

• CalicoCat
    edited April 2015

Beautiful picture, Brendatrue, thank you. We planted a dogwood, but the deer love it too much, and with the lack of rain, they have very little to eat.

Hope everyone had a good day.

xoxoxoxoxox

Calico

• dunesleeper
    edited April 2015

Brenda and Calico, both your offerings are beautiful. Thank you for sharing them with us.

• pajim
    pajim Member Posts: 930
    edited April 2015

Thank you so much for the pictures.  It gives me hope that one day we will have spring.  (Hasn't happened yet).

Calico, Brenda, I'm thinking of you and wishing you well.

• Rosevalley
    edited April 2015

Calico- loved the photo and post. Someday there will be peace. After 8 miserable years, the last 5 being particularly ugly, I can't wait for the "peace" part to get here. I'm beginning to feel hopeless that I will linger for ever in this prison.

• CalicoCat
    edited April 2015

i'm so sorry, ((((Rosevalley)))), the only thing we can be sure of is, the best and the worst, it will change. Thank you, Buddhism, for this lesson in impermanence. We'll get to avoid a lot of suffering by leaving the planet earlier than we might have thought. I know, weird consolation prize, but I'll take it where I can get it. My 93 year old mother can't see, or think really, or recognize people, but her heart keeps on pumping. That seems like a prison we'll get to avoid.

Blondie, been thinking of you and sending (((((cyber hugs.)))))

xoxoxoxxxoxox

Calico