Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

TE TROUBLE

Comments

• AZ85048
    AZ85048 Member Posts: 1,467
    edited March 2014

purple87 - Thanks you for saving my neck!

Being tired is part of your body's healing process. The best thing you can do is sleep.  And the pain meds made me sleepier still.  Very soon you'll turn a corner and start feeling better.  Just give it some time - you and your body have been through a lot!  ((Hugs!))
  • purple87
    purple87 Member Posts: 93
    edited March 2014

thank you AZ... I know we all are dealing with our own pains and healing but it helps to vent.  Glad I could help with the neck pain...lol

• moonflwr912
    moonflwr912 Member Posts: 5,938
    edited March 2014

purple. It's no wonder! What you have been put through would deck most anyone! So wallow for a bit and if you need a slap to get moving again we'll help. But of course you are (pick any or all):  sick, in pain, mad, dissapointed, jealous, worn out physically, worn out mentally, worn out emotionally, having trouble focusing, just want to be NORMAL, new normal or not, and down right pissed! 

That s a very heavy load to carry. So sometimes it knocks you flat. We're here to help pick you up. 

Much love. 

• purple87
    edited March 2014

Moon, it hit it ALL on the head.  The way I ferl right now is just plain scary bc I am a fighter, so to be feeling all these other emotions makes me feel weak. I just want to be normal and in the land of the living again.  Thank you so much for understanding.

Love u guys so much for your support

• specialk
    specialk Member Posts: 9,258
    edited March 2014

purple - I am laying quietly too trying to heal the two open wounds on the front of lefty.  We can lay quietly together eating as much protein as we can!  Have switched to xeroform dressings three times a day - things are looking a bit better than yesterday, but not out of the woods.  Hate that we have to do this, but we do.

• moonflwr912
    moonflwr912 Member Posts: 5,938
    edited March 2014

Hugs purple and special k!

• shorfi
    shorfi Member Posts: 437
    edited March 2014

Purple...hope you get some relief. I know so well how it feels to be depressed. {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} Also, I know how it feels to want to be "normal" again.

• shorfi
    shorfi Member Posts: 437
    edited March 2014

Special K...just relax and try to think good thoughts while you are healing. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934
    edited March 2014

Thinking of you Purple and SpecialK ((hugs))

• AZ85048
    AZ85048 Member Posts: 1,467
    edited March 2014

SpecialK and purple87 -  We're all here for you!

• Previvor101
    Previvor101 Member Posts: 126
    edited April 2014

SpecialK and purple87, thoughts are with you. I think lots of rest is the best thing to do. There are no prizes for not taking pain relief, so take it when you need it! My husband downloaded lots of easy watching (think crappy!) TV shows so I could lie and watch them and didn't need to think too much! Unfortunately I didn't get to watch them all and now I am back at work. Rats!

• AnnieeC
    AnnieeC Member Posts: 23
    edited March 2014

Surgery tomorrow and I am in full blown panic mode!  I wanted to get my haircut today, give the dog a bath, clean the house and precook some meals BUT I didn't do any of it lol!  Instead I had this bright idea that I should sit around and worry all day and we all know that's really going to help a lot, ugh.  I wasn't this nervous before my last surgery...what the heck?!  Maybe I'm PMSing (Aunt Flo is due to visit next week) or maybe it's the Tamoxifen making me anxious.  I even thought about playing hooky.....I think my throats gonna hurt tomorrow lol.  I just need to suck it up, don't I?  I called and asked my hubby to bring me home a strawberry blizzard because I  need comfort food ;).   I sent him the news clip from today's news about the girl who blew her boyfriends car up because he refused to buy her a McFlurry...I bet he won't forget to bring me a blizzard!

• specialk
    edited March 2014

Thank you ladies for the kind and positive thoughts!  So sweet!

annie - your McFlurry story cracked me up, lol!  You will be just fine and don't worry about what did not get done today - handle things as you can, not as you think you should!

• AnnieeC
    edited March 2014

I trained him well!  Now I have to figure how to get this gel polish off.  Already tried regular remover.  I wonder if they will say something?!

• specialk
    edited March 2014

annie - put a remover soaked cotton ball on the nail and then wrap a piece of foil around your finger, sealing the nail inside - wait 10 minutes, polish should come off.

• PJ72
    PJ72 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2014

11/25/2013 right TE removed infection

02/10/2014 left TE removed infection

• AnnieeC
    edited March 2014

Special- got it, thank you!  Off to bed, I have to check in at 6am.  I wish I had a surgeon who likes to sleep in!

• specialk
    edited March 2014

annie - early is good - you don't have to be NPO (not eating) as long.

• naiviv
    naiviv Member Posts: 308
    edited March 2014

Annie....100% acetone will remove them quickly. Best of luck tomorrow.

Special K and Purple.....hope your healing continues quickly.

Sleep well all,

Vivian

• specialk
    edited March 2014

viv - thanks!  Yay for your pic, you look cute!

• naiviv
    naiviv Member Posts: 308
    edited March 2014

Special K.....Thank you, officially have 1/4 inch of hair growth over whole head (this is second growth, I buzzed first one it was very splotchy) 95% white. Eyebrows and lashes are drawn on, but I see a few hairs coming in. The rest can just stay away. I have enjoyed not shaving for the past  5 months.

• purple87
    edited March 2014

SpecialK, wished I lived near by and we could rest up together.  I would bring movies.  I am praying for u and ur healing.  In the end it will all be worth it.

Thank you everyone.  Your support and encouragement is priceless.  Know u all are in my prayers.  Together we will over come all.

• Previvor101
    edited April 2014

McFlurry story and photo evidence was excellent. Agree with morning surgeries. Afternoon ones leave me too long to get hungry, fret and also worry that surgeon getting tired!

• specialk
    edited March 2014

purple - I know!  The movie-watching bed resting would be fun!  I so hope for you also that things just HEAL!  I am thinking of taking a daily photo to gauge how things are going, some days I think it looks better, other not.

previvor - Lol!  I always ask the surgeon "so, how are you feeling?  Did you sleep well? Did you have enough coffee but not too much?"  This was my 9th breast cancer related surgery with my same PS, so we know each other well at this point!

• Previvor101
    edited April 2014

have finally posted pictures of my lumpy asymmetrical TE with necrotic nips on the picture forum. It's quite liberating!!!!

• babs6287
    babs6287 Member Posts: 1,619
    edited March 2014

Purple and Special K- sending you healing hugs!!!!  You are both an inspiration to us all!!!!

Babs

• purple87
    edited March 2014

speciak understand.  My PS and I are on first name basis...lol.  After 12 surgeries, I tell him he knows more about my body inside and out then my boyfriend.

• purple87
    edited March 2014

thats 12 surgeries in 10 months...crazy if I really stop and think about it.

• bobogirl
    bobogirl Member Posts: 2,083
    edited March 2014

Purple and Viv:

F0ck F0ck F0ck!  More surgery for purple, and a delay for viv!  THinking of you both so much.  Here are your hugs:  {{{PURPLE}}}}  {{{{{VIV}}}}}

Listen to special k's advice regarding food, she is an excellent cook :)

• specialk
    edited March 2014

bobo - how are you doing?  You have been very quiet!  Thanks for the food compliment, I won't be cooking much in the next few days - DH is having some oral surgery and will be eating ice cream!  I will abstain!