Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

nipple tattoo???

Options

Comments

• Sassa
    Sassa Member Posts: 98
    edited September 2011
    Options

Sas-schatzi

Would Ocala be convenient for you?  I can give you my person.

• renee-tattoos
    renee-tattoos Member Posts: 14
    edited September 2011
    Options

Thanks Vinnie : )

sas-schatzi.....pm me or contact me through my website  www.ReneeMaschinot.com 

Also ladies I have created www.PinkInkProject.com that has a Links page that has artists all over US...   If you can add to the list please let me know.......

Sassa....pm your artists name and info so I can include her. 

• DFC1994
    DFC1994 Member Posts: 11
    edited September 2011
    Options

I had mine done,(Bilateral) back in Feb this year at my PS office. They applied EMLA cream and I did not feel a thing other than pressure from her hand on my chest. I did get a tad bit of pain after the cream wore off but nothing serious and also a tab bit of soreness like a bruise. They had me clean the area's with a skin cleanser then apply a thick layer of vaseline 2 times a day and cover them with nonstick dressings. I had no scabbing or itching and they healed great and I did not even have to have them touched up. I applied the vaseline 2 times a day for 2 weeks and wrapped saran wrap around my chest when I showered. I would get out of the shower and remove the vaseline with a cotton ball and apply new vaseline. mine healed great and are still holding their color with no touch ups.

Thansk Dee

• Sassa
    Sassa Member Posts: 98
    edited September 2011
    Options

Renee,

My person works at my plastic surgeon's office. I need to check with her and the practice to see if they wish to be listed.

• She
    She Member Posts: 131
    edited September 2011
    Options

Vinnie is the BEST!!!  Mine look so real you have to touch them to know the difference.

Hey Vinnie ... I took my new nipples surfing last weekend!  They loved it!

She

• CandDsMom
    CandDsMom Member Posts: 68
    edited September 2011
    Options

Vinnie is the best - I just saw the website got updated - I am pic #9 :)

thanks Vinnie - it really is "the icing on the cake"

I feel like myself again.

Priceless. 

• vinniemyers
    vinniemyers Member Posts: 58
    edited September 2011
    Options

She... surfing huh? I bet they did like that... 

CandDsMom.... THX... it takes me a while to get um posted I still have ssooo many more I need to put up... I wish I wasn't that busy! :(  Wish I never had to do another one..... 

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,879
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Sassa-Thank you, I've talked with Renee and am going to go with her at this pointCool SAS
  • vinniemyers
    edited September 2011
    Options

Sas......GREAT CHOICE.... Renee is wonderful! ur in good hands!..... V

• renee-tattoos
    edited September 2011
    Options

Sas...it was a pleasure talking with you and I look forward to meeting you : )

Thanks Vinnie 

• AngelaD
    AngelaD Member Posts: 6
    edited September 2011
    Options

Vinnie - I could make a trip to Northern California too!  San Fran would be nice.  

• SandyinSoCal
    SandyinSoCal Member Posts: 559
    edited September 2011
    Options

lovesnature, I've got names for four women who'd like to have Vinnie come to the Los Angeles area.  Are you interested?

• REKoz
    REKoz Member Posts: 164
    edited September 2011
    Options

Vinnie - What an awesome job you are doing - on so many levels. I envy your ability to positively affect the lives of so many.

I am excited to read that you may head north to Philly. A little further north to NYC would be even better!  I'm really surprised that there is not one tat artist within the metro area on the Pinkink Project list. Why do you think that is? There has got to be more like me within a hundred mile radius of the city procrastinating on tats until convinced that they will be done right.

However, Philly is infinately more travel friendly than Baltimore. Please keep the board informed if you firm up plans to be there. It's been 3 years since my bilateral. I am so ready to lose this Barbie boobs look.

Many many thanks for your dedication to us bc women.

Ellen

• lovesnature
    lovesnature Member Posts: 15
    edited September 2011
    Options

SandyinParadise YES I'm interested! Add me to the list.

• joiedevivre
    joiedevivre Member Posts: 47
    edited September 2011
    Options

Yes. .. I would be interested to go to Los Angeles for the tattoo.. Put my name on the list.. Thank you all...

• vinniemyers
    edited September 2011
    Options

Everyone.... I have to say that I am more that honored to be able to help whomever I can with this. It allows me to expand my art form and help at the same time. What a job I have!!! I absolutely love it.

REKoz... I have no idea why more tattooers do not do this. I have a few guesses... most are capable but maybe lack the willingness to enter into something outside of their norm. The comfort zone of everyday tattoos is a cozy place to be.... you are much in command of your situation and kind of "the man" for lack of better words. You do tattoos that you want to do ... that satisfy your artistic desire and your wallet and you are comfortable.

Others maybe are not suited for this genre based on physical appearance. There certainly are those clients that do not want to read the things you have written on your knuckles or throat.... therefore the tattooer avoids situations that might make themselves or the client uncomfortable.  I think there are many reasons.... but that is changing... I will see to it. 

I find this whole new arena of tattooing very fascinating! It seems to me to be such a small service that has such a great impact. It is clearly something that has been overlooked  far too long. One can have the perfect mound created, looking like a perfect breast.... without a nipple it is simply a mound. The nipple is as important as any of it... maybe more.

On my site there is a photo of a women that had no breast recon. Without nipples it looks like she has no breast .... but even without recon.... with the nipples, it looks normal, or very close to it.  The nipple tattoos, simply put, put your mind to rest... distract your eye from scars, irregularity, discoloration.... it is amazing how it all works in the "minds eye". 

I will keep everyone posted on my plans to travel. I know the Philly thing will be happening soon.... maybe within a month. Other cities are on the list for the future..... I promise to keep this forum posted....

I look forward to everyones thoughts on this....... V 

• merlaine
    merlaine Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2011
    Options

I was told by my plastic surgeon my skin is too thin and I'm not a candidate for tattoo.  I'm so dissapointed any one else with that experience?

• vinniemyers
    edited September 2011
    Options

I have never seen too thin to tattoo. I have seen many with thin tight skin but not too thin to tattoo. The needle only goes in about 2.5-3 mm there should be a lot more skin there than that.... not  trying to question your Docs opinion... but it would be worth takin a look at... sometimes I think the Docs don't really understand the modern tattoo techniques... Just my humble opinion.... Vinnie

• Denise2730
    Denise2730 Member Posts: 320
    edited September 2011
    Options

Ladies - Does insurance pay for the nipple tattooing as part of our reconstruction?

• renee-tattoos
    edited September 2011
    Options

Insurance pays if done in Drs office......

• sas-schatzi
    edited September 2011
    Options

Renee haven't rec'd your resume yet------just like you have time to sit and do one. I think in a do over I would have come see you when I went to seeChrissyB in Fort Lauderdale. I'd be done now.

When I told you about my scars. Everything scarred dark----except the skate flap nips-------figures right.

• renee-tattoos
    edited September 2011
    Options

Hi SAS

I am in CHarleston this week tattooing.....will be in touch : )

• pinkbutterfly
    pinkbutterfly Member Posts: 130
    edited September 2011
    Options

Hi Vinnie,

I may be jumping the gun a bit (still have not had my recon yet, hopefully in November) but I'm a planner, so I thought I'd check out this site, and here you are on it.

I had planned to come to see you next summer to do my tattoos (hopefully, everything else should be done by then).  I have been to two PS's and when they finally did pull out "the book" I was not impressed with the tattoos.  They looked monotone (is that the right word?) - just didn't look very good.  So, I wanted to ask you first if you could recommend anybody as good as you around Atlanta (I might be ready sooner than the summer, but could not travel before then) and, if not, if you think there is a real possibility that you would travel here in the next few months?

Thanks.

• wasin
    wasin Member Posts: 36
    edited September 2011
    Options

I had my areolas and nipples tattoed just 3 days ago and I'm NOT happy.

First, they didn't use local numbing gel or anesthesia and they just went straight in with an instrument that felt like a sharp pin and it felt like she drilled my skin.  There was also vibration going on during this whole process and although my implant skin feels numb(after bilateral MSX) I felt the nerves surrounding the implant skin.  Boy, it was PAINFUL!!!!

Then I realized that the girl who did the tattooing was on training as one lady was instructing her how to do and what not to do every step.  My areolas look like I have 2 different sizes, too.

When the girl drew a circle with a pen and a ruler that had different size circles on it, I told her how the circle drawn on the right looks bigger, but she didn't acknowledge that either.

I trusted her that she knew what she was doing and that they will come out even as possible, though not perfect..  When I went home I noticed bleeding that stained the dressing that was put on over a wedded padding (patroleum gel/vasaline).  Now it's a 3rd day from the procedure and I guess I should expect scabbing in few more days.  I also noticed that the ink did not take well at all on the mastectomy incision line across my implants.  They said the ink will not sink in on scarred tissue.   I know it's very early but I keep checking the tattooed areolas/nipples and I can't believe that the coloring on the nipples look same as the coloring of the areolas.  When they were mixing the colors I know they made a lighter color for the nipples, but they're all one flat color now.  Overall, my areolas look pretty sloppy. 

Has anyone experience this?  Are your tattoed areolas kind of sloppy or uneven circles in size?

I should have requested someone with extensive experience in tattooing!  I can't believe I had someone who was in training actually did areola tatooing!!

It was SO PAINFUL and I would hate to go back to fix it.

• vinniemyers
    edited September 2011
    Options

pinkbutterfly... I can't say for sure if I will be in Atlanta anytime soon... but I might. When you get closer to the date when you are ready for tattooing hit me up and I will let you know my travel schedule. I just trained a really nice lady from Atlanta that does cosmetic tattooing. She seems very knowledgable and I would suggest her if you are not ready to do any traveling to get the nips tattooed. If you are come see me... if not look up Denise Garcia. You can PM me and I will send you her info.....

wasin... I feel for you! Sounds like the nip tattooing was not a good experience... thats too bad. I think these days there are far too many people on staff at PS offices doing tattooing that should not be. I do not get it! How does someone just pick up a tattoo machine and start tattooing? My apprentices do 18 months of study before they can touch the skin with a needle. 18 MONTHS!!! I guess you trust those that are working at PS offices because they are supposed to be trained but a lot of times  they are not (as far as tattooing is concerned). Your tattoos should not be uneven, fading, monotoned... they should look like areolas/nipples! 

The good thing is that often times the tattooing by these folks fades a great deal and it will not be too much trouble to fix them if the end result is not good. You may have to sit through it again, which I am sure you are not looking forward to, but if you are sitting in the right chair with the right, experienced tattooer, the result should be good. While things may not be looking good now... there is hope and your nips can still look great... !

My suggestion is... let them heal. Then wait a few months to allow the skin to smooth out. Then contact me or the pinkinkproject.com for info on more experienced tattooers.  Be sure and inform your PS that you are unhappy with the results! Something must be done to stop this practice from continuing. Far too long has this been going on and it does not need to be! Please say something to those in charge... they need to know!

If you have any questions about the healing or ANYTHING else feel free to contact me... my email is  vm@vinniemyers.com. I will do everything in my power to help you get some good tattoos and feel complete!    

Vinnie 

• wasin
    wasin Member Posts: 36
    edited September 2011
    Options

Vinnie - Thanks for sharing your input.  As for tattoo place where they just do strictly tattoos, I heard that they use machines w/ needles that goes much deeper than the ones it was used for my tattooing in PS's office.  I was told that that is the reason why the ink doesn't last for long time because the ink doesn't go deep inside the skin.

Thanks for your support!  I will email you if I have any concerns or questions along the way. :)

• Denise2730
    Denise2730 Member Posts: 320
    edited September 2011
    Options

But if I'm not mistaken, insurance will only cover the tattooing if it is done is a PS office, isn't that correct?

Denise

• mspradley
    mspradley Member Posts: 11
    edited September 2011
    Options

I do NOT know if this is true, but I was told by my PS's nurse that many insurance policies will see the nipple tattoo as the final act of the reconstructive process and any "tweaking" done beyond that will be argued as routine cosmetic that might not be covered as generously. I have no plans of filing insurance for that reason, and look forward to scheduling a few days to getaway with my husband to go see Vinnie.

My PS has said that I can keep my surgical case open as long as I wish for the purposes of easier filing with insurance. I had a double bmx w/ DIEP, and the twins are still more fraternal than identical after stage 2 revision. I know they will never be identical and my PS never promised me that they would. However, I will need some fat grafting to fill in divots and have no clue how many "fillings" this will take. I don't want to put off my nipple tattoos until I am ready to say, "done" with the fine tuning. I want them to be on me in order to guide my PS in the fine tuning, and now that my general shape is there, my PS is fine with me moving ahead on the tattoos.

• pinkbutterfly
    pinkbutterfly Member Posts: 130
    edited September 2011
    Options

Thanks, Vinnie. I will plan on it!

• sas-schatzi
    edited September 2011
    Options

Rene-tattoos ---delay in tatooing have a MRI dx problem to deal with Ugh