Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

nipple tattoo???

Options
124»

Comments

• kmur
    kmur Member Posts: 849
    edited October 2011
    Options

Hi Gals,

Christine and mamachick...I know what you all mean... someday we will get to talk and laugh face to face and hopefully some of the others too....would be lots of fun.

I  will be holding off for a little bit. My newly formed skin etc. needs to heal. I go back to the PS in three months. I would like to see pictures I think of the color...and then make my decision. I am also waiting to see how this first round of fat goes.

Lago...I am like you in that I did not have enough to take from the stomach....she took the love handle area too,but not much there...I asked about lower rear area and thigh plenty there...so maybe if I need second round she will use this.

So wonderful to be able to share information with you ladies!!  I thank you.

Kim

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Kmur if you saw my thighs right now you might change your mind. I'm pretty much black bruised on the sides all the way to parts of my butt! I didn't have as much bruising last time… but I did tell him to take as much as he needed.  Tongue out It's sore but I'm getting around OK.
  • kmur
    kmur Member Posts: 849
    edited October 2011
    Options

Hi Lago, 

Oh my I hope the bruising will settle for you soon.This is my first fat grafting and mine was from I guess you could say love handle but more above my rear and I am still sore   ( I am about 3 weeks post surgery..I think)...Not bad though. Thanks for the warning .....I will have to see how things go ...

• lvtwoqlt
    lvtwoqlt Member Posts: 765
    edited October 2011
    Options

Let me chime in here, I had my bilat surgery done in 2007. My ps office did my first tattoos but I wasn't happy with the results. the color was blotchy and had dark rings on the outside edge of the areolas after they healed. I did contact Earleen on bc.org after the tattoos done in the ps office healed and she was able to correct the flaws that I didn't like. She is wonderful and if you do have to travel a distance to see her there are a couple of close hotels that will give discounts for overnight stay (I think - check out her web site). I am fortunate that I live less than an hour from her. I have gone up three times, once just to visit and take a friend with me to meet her and have lunch together. She really cares about her clients and does a wonderful job. If I had found her before the ps office did my tatts, I would have seen her first.

Sheila 

• Texas357
    Texas357 Member Posts: 332
    edited October 2011
    Options

My PS prescribed antibiotics when her office did the tattoos because I have implants. Those of you who have had tattoos done elsewhere, did you take antibiotics (if you have implants?)?

• mamachick
    mamachick Member Posts: 154
    edited October 2011
    Options

Thanks Sheila- It is good to hear it from someone who has had tattoos by the PS and by Earleen.  I am just south of Asheville and am really thinking on holding off on the tats and seeing about Earleen when all the rest of the procedures are done.  Want them to look the best as possible since everything else is not real normal.

Texas357- not sure about the antibiotics for the tattoos, but my PS puts me on antibiotics for every procedure he does.  Granted it is usually surgery.  I will ask him next week about the antibiotics and the tattoos.

• lvtwoqlt
    edited October 2011
    Options

Texas I wasn't given any antibiotics for my tatts and I have implants. Although I had problems after my original surgery when I developed an allergy to the keflex that they gave me.  I already was allergic to penicillin and had taken keflex before but didn't realize that if you were allergic to penicillin, you could possibly become allergic to keflex because they are related. So they tried not to put me on antibotics if I didn't really need it.

Mamachick, I showed my tatts (after Earleen) to other women in my local area who were interested and they thought that they looked real. One lady had waited years to get her tatts done. She didn't want to go through another proceedure but was so impressed with what Earleen did, went to see her.

Sheila 

• Sullivan
    Sullivan Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    Options

Just wanted to let y'all know that Vinnie Meyers did my tatts at the end of September.  I traveled from Charleston, SC to Baltimore, and it was well worth the trip.  My oncologist, surgical oncologist, and PS all say they are the best they've ever seen.  I did not have nipple reconstruction, but my tatts look so real you want to reach out and pinch my nipple. 

I flew SW Airlines, very inexpensive, and Vinnie's rates are more than reasonable.  Hopefully, for many of us, this marks the end of our journey, and you might as well love what you see when you step out of the shower each day.  It's a tattoo, it's permanent, so consider making the trip to Vinnie's place to get your girl's done. It's obvious that he is passionate about this as soon as you step into his room, which is covered in BC Awareness art and he's just a really nice and down to Earth guy.  It was a wonderful experience, and we even got another tattoo while we were there from Beth, who did a fantastic job, too.  

• lovesnature
    lovesnature Member Posts: 15
    edited October 2011
    Options

Any word from Vinnie on a California trip?

• Sasha_tattooing
    Sasha_tattooing Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2011
    Options

If you are in Nor Cal, there are several artists in the San Francisco Bay Area doing areola tattoo work.  Permanent makeup tech Athena Karsant in Union Square, SF; tattoo artist Sasha Merritt in downtown, SF (this is me);  permanent makekup tech Jill Hoyer in Los Gatos.

All three of us are local and have training and I'd suggest take a look at our work and give any of us a call to talk about your areola tattoo.

Good Luck,

Sasha of Dragonfly Ink

• joiedevivre
    joiedevivre Member Posts: 47
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Vinnie: Any suggestions for 3D tattoo artist in southern Calif.?Thanks for all your input...Wink
  • pinkbutterfly
    pinkbutterfly Member Posts: 130
    edited January 2012
    Options

Bump

• LMichele
    LMichele Member Posts: 88
    edited February 2012
    Options

I just got my Vinnie tatts last week! I may go back for revision for size but they are great!

• agada
    agada Member Posts: 26
    edited February 2012
    Options

I did get my tatoos twice and they did bleed.  Also, they did not take either time. I had mine done by the PA and she said that compromised skin may not take.  Don't worry, you will be fine. the bleediiing will stop and all will be well.

• bcs2011
    bcs2011 Member Posts: 26
    edited February 2012
    Options

Vinnie, Been looking and looking and always end up back to you. I would love to have you do my breast tats. I'm in the Seattle area but willing to travel to California. I will be ready this summer please let me know if you are planning any trips this way. Linda

• vinniemyers
    vinniemyers Member Posts: 58
    edited February 2012
    Options

Linda... I will do that... don't have plans now but I will in the future...Vinnie

• susanwmcg
    susanwmcg Member Posts: 36
    edited February 2012
    Options

Vinnie,

What is the amount of time I need to wait from swap surgery to 3D tatoos? And I will travel to you to get this done. Does it take one day?

Thanks,

Susan

• Layla2525
    Layla2525 Member Posts: 465
    edited February 2012
    Options

Linda 54 thats exactly what I wanted,my bff took a job in Ashville and I wanna go stay with her and visit her since she has been begging me for over a yr to come see NC which I have never been to. I could go there and get the tatoos done by Earleen. Does insurancee cover it if I dont have my ps office do it? could I get a 3D tatoo for starters and get my PS to do the nips later? I just had my bmx and TE a week ago so I am doing a 5 yr plan right now. Its a corporate mindset. Good luck to all and best wishes. Maybe later you can tell me how to get in touch with "Earleen" thx a million bc sister.

• lvtwoqlt
    edited February 2012
    Options

Layla, I had my tatts done by Earleen and she is great. She has a non-profit that helps pay for the tatts done in her office. Her non-profit web site is www.beautythroughcancer.org 

Her contact info is on that site.

Sheila  

• vinniemyers
    vinniemyers Member Posts: 58
    edited February 2012
    Options

Susan... it is best to wait 12 weeks from your last surgery but it can be done sooner if need be. V

• Layla2525
    Layla2525 Member Posts: 465
    edited February 2012
    Options

Lvtwoqlt,thats super,thx so much for the info,I will look up the website and call my bff,maybe she can let me come up next fall and I can get Earleen to do something for me if all goes well and I get my squishies...I just keep my eye on the prize. I am just outta bmx with TE,super sore and super tired. Pulled out my stitches on the drains trying to reach the high shelf,PS was looking at me like I had been chewing gum in class,she gave me the run down and I am no longer her favorite patient. LOL, I told the BS the whole story when I went to check out with her for good and get my glowing path report. I told her I loved her and her work and would miss her. She says oh what the PS doesnt know wont hurt her,but do try and follow the PS rules but if you mess up dont tell her...hmmmm I smell a conspiracy here. I'm just so open and honest and so is my son,we are just ingrained that way. It never occurs to us we could have lied and saved our butts...LOL...Best wishes to everyone for super good looking nips...hope yours totally rock soldiers!!!!

• lvtwoqlt
    edited February 2012
    Options

Layla, before my bmx I made sure that I had everything I needed on the low shelves in the kitchen so I wouldn't pull anything. I even went to the point of training my basset hound to not jerk on the leash when I took her out the door and wait by the overhead cable run until I could hook her up, so she wouldn't pull me around the yard.

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653
    edited February 2012
    Options

Low shelves in the shower and medicine cabinet as well.

• NatsFan
    NatsFan Member Posts: 1,927
    edited March 2012
    Options

Vinnie charged me $350 last year.  Well worth every penny!!!

• SuebeeBC
    SuebeeBC Member Posts: 545
    edited March 2012
    Options

Is it the same for one?

• navymom
    navymom Member Posts: 842
    edited March 2012
    Options

Hey Robo!  I had my 3D tattoos done in Des Plaines.  $500 for both. And I am extemely happy with the results.  I did file it with ins and they covered it but at an "out of network" rate.  PM me if you wnat more info.

Navymom

• my4boyz
    my4boyz Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2016
    Options

I saw Vinnie Myers this past weekend. His work is amazing. I would recommend him to anyone thinking about having nipple tattooing.

• myajames
    myajames Member Posts: 50
    edited March 2016
    Options

I keep hearing about Vinne Myers

• greatlakes
    greatlakes Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2018
    Options
    • I recently traveled to Finksburg, MD, and Vinnie did my tattoos! I actually would show them off to the world if I wouldn't get “arrested," for “flashing!"

All kidding aside, GO THERE!!! It's WELL WORTH THE TRIP!!!!! I'm not even 100% positive that our insurance is going to cover this, but my husband said “who cares?!"

Vinnie is a Class Act guy ~ his wife was there the day I got mine ~ she was very kind and carefully went over everything I needed to do as aftercare.

As I said ~ GO TO VINNIE! You won't regret it!!