Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

The 'Journey' has begun!!!! aka Chrissyb's USA Adventure!!!

Options

Comments

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    Options

Chrissy you paint an amazing picture, I've been to London many times and I know exactly where you were and  I love the V&A they have some amazing exhibits and tea and cucumber sandwiches, yummmm.  Big Hug and welcome to America. 

• jezza
    jezza Member Posts: 295
    Options

Chrissy....another Aussie here who did a similar trip back in Nov. How about that food hall at Harrods!!!! We had lunch there...probably at the same little restaurant as you (up a few stairs?).

Wait til you get to the US. I still haven't gotten over NYC. Are you going there? Wonderful that you are catching up with ppl from this forum.My son is in London at the moment...gets back Tuesday. It certainly is a long flight. Did you go business class? Your flight sounds a little more comfortable than mine!

jezza

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    Options

Hi all!!!   Well as you can guess, I have arrived!!!  The flight over from London was uneventful and I even managed to get a little shut eye so I wouldn't be so tired when I arrived.  I had an easy sojourn through customs and immigration and entered the International Arrivals lounge where I had my first cup of American coffee!!!  It was YUMM!!!!

I met up with Dotty and together we headed to the door.  Her DH was waiting for us in the car and as soon as we spotted him and waved, he drove up to where we were standing to pick us up.  Such a gentleman! and he gave me a very exciting ride back to Dotty's house where I had time to shower, change my clothes and put on some face before heading back to Philly to begin our dinner cruise on the cruiser 'Spirit of Philadelphia'. 

We were greeted by a lovely young man and then passed to a young woman who showed us to our table and was our waitress for the evening.  The food was lovely and the dessert heavenly!  After dinner Dotty and I decide to go up on the second deck to sit and chat and enjoy the balmy evening while quietly making our way up river.  We had a wondeful night and I for one thoroughly enjoyed myself.   I managed to take a few good pics of the Philly skyline by night......hope you like them.

I am having a wonderful time with Dotty, she is so sweet and I love her to bits......she has made me feel right at home.......lovely!!!!!!

Love n hugs all!   Chrissy

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

Chrissy, thank you so much for keeping us updated. I love your pictures!

Leah

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548
    Options

How cool! Can't wait until you get here!

• justagirl
    justagirl Member Posts: 633
    Options

Chrissy - This is just what I needed today to try and stop my tears.  I am so happy for you!

• Chrissy,   As always your pictures are beautiful.  Am happy you are on American soil and having a good time.  I have never been to Phidelphia so you are seeing places I have never been.  I hope you have a wonderful time with all the ladies on Monday. 

• jenn3
    jenn3 Member Posts: 388
    Options

I am enjoying your journey........thank you for sharing.

• LuvRVing
    LuvRVing Member Posts: 2,409
    Options

Chrissy - welcome and have a wonderful trip!  I am looking forward to reading about your adventures and enjoying your pictures.  What a great adventure!

Michelle

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413
    Options

Excited for tonight!

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,882
    Options

Chrissy, Have a great time with the NJ/PA gang tonight.  Ask Reesie what edition of "Girls Gone Wild" you will be featured in, and don't let Hauntie talk you into too many Jello shots.  Look forward to seeing the matching commemorative tattoos you all are getting.

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    Options

This is a great thread.  Have a safe journey Chrissy!!  I'm saving in my favorites too!  Was in a funk today and saw this thread, WOW what an uplifting thread.  Wish I was closer to PA to meet up.  I'm from WNY area and I think that trip is too long?  (HAHAHAHA)

Love,
    Maureen

• reesie
    Options

Hahaha E. I can just imagine that girls gone wild with all the umx and bmx ladies there with no recons or in process recons! I almost peed myself thinking about that. Maybe we'll all get matching nipple tats lol.

• chrissyb
    Options

Can't wait 'till tonight!!!!!    Soooo looking forward to meeting everyone!!!!   See you there!!!!

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• painterly
    painterly Member Posts: 266
    Options

Chrissy,

Did I read somewhere that this trip is the first trip you have taken outside of Australia? How wonderful for you. Thank you for sharing your journey with us!!!

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,879
    Options

Chrissy-------how exciting and the pics are great fun. Can't wait to see you L&H's sheila

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    Options

your trip is one for all of us..thanks so much for sharing

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110
    Options

I am enjoying your trip right along with you, Chrissy!

Welcome to America !!

• kiwimum
    kiwimum Member Posts: 485
    Options

What a trip Chrissy! It's such a long way. I'm in NZ so certainly can relate to the distance.

I hope you have a fab time and enjoy meeting all your BCO friends. I'm enjoying following along from a distance.

PS. The Aussie rugby team arrived today for the rugby world cup. NZ love to hate the Aussie rugby team. It will certainly be tense here if we lose!! Especially if we lose to Aussie!

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160
    Options

ChrissyYEAH!!!....this is the best stuff I have read for a very long time! WELCOME:)))))))

• Starak
    Starak Member Posts: 311
    Options

Hi Chrissyb:  Hope you don't mind that I have been following along.  My girls and I are out here in the middle of the US affectionately known as "fly over" country.  I feel strong ties to Australia through a number of longtime online friends crossing your country from Western Australia to Victoria and beyond, and one in particular that I have roomed with on numerous occasions at US dog shows.

Barbara & Her Yorkinesses

• Racy
    Racy Member Posts: 974
    Options

Chrissy, I'm so glad you are enjoying this trip of a lifetime and have the chance to meet the ladies in America.  Your descriptions and pictures are lovely; you could be a travel writer.  I am planning to go to London next year and your travel log gave me a real taste of what to expect.  

Continue having a fabulous time and lots of laughs with the ladies. I look forward to reading more.

You are an inspiration to all on this site!

Racy from Aus.

• reesie
    Options

Had a great time last night. Loved meeting everyone who could make it. I have to get ready for surgery now (yuck) so I'll let the others post pics.

Just know that at one time there were foobs flyng across the room lol.

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,832
    Options

OMG Reese, what a way to celebrate! I sure hope you ladies got a picture of that! Of course a video would be better! Please tell me you were not out in public!!!! Surprised

Rock on Chrissy!

• LuvRVing
    LuvRVing Member Posts: 2,409
    Options

Foob-flying...LOL!!!  Can't wait to see that video!

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    Options
    Thanks Chrissy for sharing....God bless...Please keep the pics coming..xoxoxoK
  • 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    Options

so glad the meeting/ dinner went so well... can't wait till i see you here!!!!i'm so glad you'r'e able to meet so amny of the bco ladies.. can't wait to see you in the Fla sun!!!3jays

• chrissyb
    Options

Hi all!!!   Thanks for enjoying my travels with me and I am having the time of my life!!!  I can't thank everyone enough for making me feel so welcome!!

Last night I met up with a few of the girls from NY/NJ and one from Massachusetts ........thank you Hauntie for driving such a long way. We met at the entrance to Fridays Restaurant in Mount Laurel (I think that was where it was) and were easily recognised by the white carnation being worn.

We are from the left myself, Dotty, Kay1963, Reecie and Hauntie.  After waiting for a while, which gave us a good chance to start the chat....lol....as if we wouldn't anway......lol.........we were shown to our table where there was a discussion on the food that was available before orders were given.  In Australia, we don't have Fridays Restaurants so it truly was a new experience for me and might I say a very enjoyable one........the food was delicious!  It took a while for it to be consumed because we were so busy chatting up a storm!  I ate sizzling chicken with cheesy mashed potatoes and the lightest strawberry short cake...................amazing!!!!

When we had finished eating, we were joined by the 'Travelling Pants!'     Wow! reading them really humbled me...............so many young women!

I feel privileged to say that I have held them.

Here are a few of the signatures.

After dinner the pants were repacked and we went back to Hauntie's motel room where the conversation went on for another few hours.  At one point we were discussing bras and foobs and ended up playing check out the foobs with Hauntie's swim foobs and my silicone one and rather than getting up to pass them around, we were throwing them to one another...............we had the flying foob show happening!!!  About one thirty this morning we thought it time to say goodbye and with hugs all round we left Hauntie to her  room to sleep, Reecie headed home and like wise Dotty and I.

What an evening!!!!!   What a night!!!!!    Lovely!!!!!!

Love n hugs to all.  Chrissy 

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548
    Options

How cool!  I will be seeing you soon!

• Maya2
    Maya2 Member Posts: 244
    Options

Oh Chrissy, how wonderful! I'm sorry I will be missing you. But obviously you are having a great time! Sante'!