Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

The 'Journey' has begun!!!! aka Chrissyb's USA Adventure!!!

Options

Comments

• Paula66
    Paula66 Member Posts: 1,572
    Options

I love the beach picture Chrissy!  Im so glad you are having a blast!  Thanks for letting us come along with you!

• dara_diverse
    dara_diverse Member Posts: 5,003
    Options

Chrissy, your fans are anxiously awaiting more photos, bring em on. CB, also enjoying your travels, feel like I am seeing the USA through your eyes, what a beautiful thing. But not as beautiful as you... knowing you will not mind shortening your name to CB. You see, "Chrissy B" is tough since it is the darn left side of the keypad and only the right side of my brain is functional! ha! You know what imma talking about, aye?

I am gettinig teeny tiny and will be coming to Florida via your suite case and be with you for the rest of your USA journey!  Can I , pleeeeeeeze? Miss you so....

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    Options

Are you ready for episode two from the Outer Banks?  Okay, here we go.........

Sunday morning arrived bright and clear and from our room we could hear the sound of the thunderous waves of the Atlantic ocean pounding the shore.  After doing the usual morning routine, AJ and I headed for breakfast down stairs.........and oh what a breakfast!   There were so many things on offer it was hard to decide what the tummy desired....lol  As soon as we had finished, and we did make it a leisurely one, we grabbed our cameras and headed down the boardwalk from the hotel to the beach to snap some early morning pics.

After returning to our room, we rang SV and arranged to meet her and then go and do a little retail therapy as both AJ an I needed a new swimsuit and seeing as how there were end of season sales on we decided to take advantage of them.  After trying three different suits I decided on the last one tried on and then went to choose a coverup and get some towels for the beach. In the mean time AJ was trying her suits on and finally decided which she liked best..........the exact same one as I had chosen.....lol.  We diced to call ourselves the 'Twinkie Twins' as it seemed that there was definitely more than one thing we have in common beside our choice of swimmers.  By this time, it was time to eat once again so we had lunch in a little restaurant right next to the water.  I think we laughed our way through lunch and then all three of us needed a nap so we organised to meet at 3.30pm when SV came to pick us up.  She drove us to the beach where you can drive your vehicle on the sand so we went miles down/up (not sure of the direction) the beach before deciding on a spot to stop and take a dip in the new swimmers. 

The waves were very powerful and dumped both AJ and SV, luckily I managed to stay on my feet but the ocean had a darn good try to dump me too.

It was so much fun and I laughed so much that my face hurt!  I think all three of us had a grand time and I know all three of us were exhausted by days end.  On the way back to the hotel, before we left the beach, we saw a white heron fishing for it's dinner and a whole heap of little tiny sand pipers.   They are so cute!!!

After dinner, we all had an eary night as SV had arranged with a friend to take us all sailing the following morning.  The morning came too soon, you know how it is the morning after a big day, and I sincerely wished that I could roll over and go back to sleep when the alarm went off.  We had early breakfast and then headed down to pick up SV and then continue on to her friends place.  We scrambled aboard the boat and made ourselves comfortable while our skipper for the day did the normal tasks for getting us under way.  We had to sail under motor to get us out of the waterway and into the Sound between Inner Banks and Outer Banks.  The canal itself was lovely with some beautiful boats moored against its walls.

When we reached where the skipper thought it safe to get under sail, the motor was cut and sails hoisted..................unfortunately there was no wind and we floated and bobbed at the whim of the tide.   Have you ever seen the movie 'Dead Calm'?  Well, it was a bit like that  but there was no murder just laughter.  Even though it was not the sailing that was intended, we did still have fun and actually enjoyed the peacefulness of the gently rocking boat.

After returning to shore, we could see that the atmosphere was building for something large so decided to head for home and hotel for another nap........well we were us early......lol.  Just as well we did as about 4.00pm a huge thunder storm blew in and lashed the Island with heavy rain.  I stood at the window looking out and it was impossible to tell the ocean from the sky they were both so grey.  When the worst of the stom had passed, we could see that the sunset was trying to come through so we once again headed down the boardwalk to snap some pics.  I saw this from our room and wanted to get a better view.

When we got to the lookout on the boardswalk, this is what we saw......................

It was so beautiful it took our breath away!!!     

A few minutes later, it began to rain again so we had to scuttle as quickly as we could (which was not very fast at all) and get back inside before we were drenched.  The following morning was check out for us so we packed our things and got organised so it wouldn't be a mad rush.  The sea air does have a way of making you tired even if you haven't been that busy and I guess the early morning didn't help even though we had had a nap so again it was a fairly early night for us.  After breakfast, and a little more retail therapy, we said our goodbyes and head back to Raleigh.  So here I am, again on the eve before departure telling you of my adventures.

Stay tuned for the next installment which will be coming to you from Florida!

Love n hugs all!!!  Chrissy

• sagina
    sagina Member Posts: 849
    Options

Thank you!

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    Options

ooh ooh ME NEXT Chrissyhahaha3jays..that was lovely: wish Isabella would do one on her dsily life on the farm... can i get an amen!!!!

• lwd
    lwd Member Posts: 234
    Options

Good job, Chrissy!  Love the photos!  Raining and cold here in CO today.  Our furnace kicked on during the night.

Lane 

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    Options

hi all, great photos Chrissy, you have a talent!

Lane, I turned on our furnace this morning, we had an early cold snap last night.  I'm not one of those stalwarts that sees how long they can go without turning on the heat in the fall, or the A/C in the summer.  BTW, I lived in Colorado for a number of years and it's beautiful there.

• dara_diverse
    Options

Chrissy,

Loved your last post and pictures, breathtaking to say the least. You have many talents, girl. Your narration of the journey is awesome as well. Love the twinkie twins, that is awesome! I am looking forward to updates from Florida. I hope the weather is cool enough for you there. It got very cold here, ended yesterday at nearly 90 degrees and it is now 56F and dropping fast. Agree with Badger that is is ok to have the AC on in the morning and the heat the next morning. Life is too short to not be as comfy as possible. 

AJ and SV, feeling your pain of seeing our dear friend move to the next leg of her journey but surely, you will both feel you are back with her once she updates from Florida.

Chrissy, have a wondeful time! Love you. 

• Dilly
    Dilly Member Posts: 394
    Options

In the slow but stupid category, I just found it.  Yaay Chrissie, Intrepid World Traveler and Adventuress!

Big hugs to you. You brighten my world.

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    Options

Crissy, I am loving your trek and your journal about it..thanks...you certainly are going to circle the globe in style

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,959
    Options

My sister lives in Raleigh and we go to one of the wonderful NC beaches each summer. I felt like I was there with you guys. Great fun!

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110
    Options

Whew, I'm ready to take a nap myself after those busy days. Thanks for the update, Chrissy !

And yes, 3jays, Amen to the suggestion of Isabella taking us through the daily life on her farm.

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    Options
    Awwwwww Chrissy....thank you for takin us along....keep up the good work and keep the pics.comin....As you can see we are enjoying them sooooo much.hugggggs K
  • sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,879
    Options

Chrissy and 3 Jays, made it home by 3:15 pm. --------Worn out. Great visit  with you and Mur.  Quite alot packed into such a short time. Can't wait to see pics. Thanks!!!!!!!! L&H's sas

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    Options

Well girls here I am again with an update of my doings!

It's always sad to leave and move on but Amyjo was strong and let me go.  After dropping me off at the airport, I checked in with my overloaded bags......yes I said overloaded to the tune of 15 pounds and many dollars.....lol.....I finally got to the boarding lounge to await my flight.  I guess my travel agent wanted me to see as much as possible as I ended up heading for Washington DC before changing planes and heading south for Florida.

The flight was uneventful until I looked out the window and saw the most beautiful sunset from above the clouds.

I was really taken aback at the beauty of it.   I went back to reading my book and a little while later once again checked  what I could see through the window, by this time it was dusk and I noticed that there were flashes of lightening in the distance so I once again grabbed the camera out of my bag and set up waiting for the perfect shot of it but we had passed the storm so I took some shots of the thunderheads anyway.

Before too long, I began to see the lights of greater Miami and surrounding counties........it is massive!!!! and I couldn't believe that it stretched from coast to coast.

On arrival I headed for the baggage claim area and low and behold there was 3jays waiting for me!  ......Yipeeeeee!   After 3jays DH stashed my bags in the trunk, we headed for home to drop them off and then head out for a late dinner.  It was fabulous as I was taken to an American Diner and the food was superb!  Note to self, I must go there again before I leave....lol.  With a full tummy and a days travel under my belt, it was time to put my head down for some ZZZZZZ's.

It was decided that we would head out to the Morikami Japanese Gardens for the afternoon so off we went, well armed with bottles of water, sunscreen and hats.  The gardens are really beautiful and very peaceful to wonder about in.  Everywhere you look, there is something to photograph, these are but a few.

By the time we had walked around the artificial lake, we were all very tired and 3jays and I were struggling to put one foot in front of the other.  The day turned out to be very hot which made us rush a bit to get around but on a cooler day, I could have spent many more hours there. 3jays DH's parents had invited us for dinner so we headed there after cooling of with more cold water and the aircon in the car.  Dinner was wonderful and the company even better.  I must admit that I did indeed sleep very well that night.

Stay tune for episode two from Florida!!!!

Love n hugs to all.  Chrissy

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,959
    Options

Wow, you will have to total everyone you meet in person and give us a head count at the end of your trip. What a fantastic adventure you are giving us ALL!

• Scuba_duchess
    Scuba_duchess Member Posts: 435
    Options

Having been touched briefly, all I can say is wow, Chrissy sets a tone for life that I want to emulate. I was gifted to fid not just BCO, but a thread where imether onhertravels early. Can only say it was good karma. Living with BC ain't easy and I have learned so much from being here. Chrissy, safe travels and I WiLL see you in Oz after I dive the GBR! Lov, Lisa

• rohanna
    rohanna Member Posts: 154
    Options

Oh, Chrissyb, we were in Florida at the same time! Wish I would have known! My DH and DD surprised me with a beach trip for my birthday. I'm loving your travel stories and pictures! Keep 'em coming! Hope you continue to have a wonderful time in the US and you have a safe trip home. The weather has been beautiful lately, must be because you brought some extra sunshine with you! HUGS!

• dara_diverse
    Options

Chrissy, just love the new photos and desciption of your travles. Have a great time, looking forward to more updates!  Sounds like you are having an awesome time. I know it had to be hard leaving Amy Jo and know how she feels sending you away to the next leg. I just love reading about your travels and feel that I am with you. It was a true blessing to have met you. Your beautiful spirit and your lovely voice are still heavy in my heart and soul (I hear to telling me to eat so I must go)! lol. I wish you all the best.  Stay cool and remember who loves ya most, me!!

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    Options

Chrissy, considering shipping a box of 'stuff' home ahead of you, or on the flight you go home on. I'm sure the rates would be lower than paying for excess weight! I did that once when I spent a couple of weeks in Chicago and found the greatest antique store! I just picked up the huge box as it came around the luggage carousel.

LOVE your pics on FB!!

• Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914
    Options

That is a great suggestion Barbe, especially since Chrissy has several more flights to go before heading home.

Chrissy, loved meeting you in NJ, glad you're enjoying your trip and I am so enjoying your pictures and story.  DorothyK, loved meeting you too!  Hopefully we'll have some more local meetings to get together again. 

Kay

• Elisimo
    Elisimo Member Posts: 1,262
    Options

Chrissyb - can hardly wait for Thrusday to get here and I will see you once again at the Atlanta airport as we catch our flight to MO.  I am already packed! Just waiting for the time for DH to take me to the airport here.  Love all your descriptions and pictures of your travels.  Take care and see you soon.

• Scuba_duchess
    Options

Chrissy. This is why I asked for your OZ address. Me and Dork will have something waiting for you on Australia. I will see you when I come diving the GBR. Love hearing about your travels. You rock!

• Elisimo
    Elisimo Member Posts: 1,262
    Options

I don't think I will get much sleep tonight.  Don't want to miss my 6:22 a.m. flight to meet Chrissy in ATL then on to MECCA. I so wish BarbA and 3jays could make it, but they will be in our hearts. 

Maybe next time Isabella and Alyson could make the trip here or maybe we could all go there!  Chrissy has set a high bar for our traveling adventures.  Loving reading every part of her journey and even getting to be a small part of it.

Hope every one has a restful night and a great weekend. 

• lassie11
    lassie11 Member Posts: 468
    Options

Have a great weekend - we will all be looking forward to some photos and stories!

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    Options

sooo wish i was getting on that plane with chrissy this morning {{{sigh}}} send lots of photos' gals.. i'll miss it this yr.. but next year we'll all be somewhere. right!!!.....3jays

• lwd
    lwd Member Posts: 234
    Options

Those of you at Shell Knob,

Have a wonderful time!  Chrissy, you are wending your way west.  Excited about hosting you here in Colorado.  The leaves are starting to turn.  Snow on Pikes Peak.  Clear, dry air.  Fall is my favorite time of the year.  Just wish it lasted longer!  I'm making a big batch of green chili stew today.  Will make some while you are here.  Do you like HOT or MILD????  And, of course, Margueritas to accompany it!

Lane

• wahine
    wahine Member Posts: 7,590
    Options

I am echo-ing Lane's wishes for all of you that are getting together in Shell Knob! I was originally going to be at Junie's house in AR (was flying in today, actually) and we were both going to meet up with you. Sadly, that can't happen. But I am hoping Junie's husband Bob will be able to get up there to meet you all, and take some pictures of our dear Junie with him. I sure miss her a lot!  I am looking forward to seeing pics of your get-together, and will be there with you in spirit.

• Scuba_duchess
    Options

Luv to all who get the chance to be part of Chrissy's sojourn. Beers and enjoy!

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

I'm going to suggest raising the bar on travelling even more - when you plan your trips to see Isabella and Allyson, come here to visit me, too.

Leah