Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

The 'Journey' has begun!!!! aka Chrissyb's USA Adventure!!!

Options

Comments

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

Chrissy, it sounds like you're having a great time! Thank you so much for continuing to post the pictures; I feel like I'm sort of there with you.

Even without tossing my foob around....

Leah

• Hauntie
    Hauntie Member Posts: 369
    Options

I made it back from New Jersey. It was a rainy ride. Awesome time last night. I'm so glad I made the trip. Really tired right now. Will post more later.

Reesie - been thinking about you all day. Hopefully your surgery is over and your resting comfortably.
  • 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    Options

Great pictures, gals.. looks like a good time was had by all!!! see ya soon, chrissy..

thinking of you today,Reesie.....3jays

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    Options

Chrissy I just found this thread and loved reading it.  I can't wait to meet up with you in San Antonio on Oct 1st. 

Oh and what is the story with the pants?

• pumela115
    pumela115 Member Posts: 48
    Options

I am new to this thread also, but i gotta say you ladies look like you are having so much fun!!! Thanks for sharing all the great pictures. I would like to hear the story about the pants too. Chrissy are you coming to the West Coast at all? Would love to meet you! Keep the pics coming.

Pam  

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    Options

wonderful pics.wonderful sistas.thanks for sharing.

I too would like to know about the pants.

please keep posting the wonderful adventure.Be safe and Godbless.huggggs K

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160
    Options

what a great time it sounds like....

Reece.....sendin loving thoughts your way

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    Options

Annette are you going to meet us in San Antonio

• Scuba_duchess
    Scuba_duchess Member Posts: 435
    Options

Chrissy, just checked to weather for tomorrow, will have a plan B for the afternoon while DorK has her PT/psycho session in case of rain. Sorry to have missed last night, looking forward to seeing you (probably the only time I will be so excited to go to the PS's office). Having one final cocktail to close my lounge visit so I will be well rested and ready to go tomorrow. Night ladies!

• Estepp
    Estepp Member Posts: 2,966
    Options

Ladies....... this is truly amazing to follow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT ! I love seeing the sisterhood....... So awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I look forward to seeing more shots!!

• dara_diverse
    dara_diverse Member Posts: 5,003
    Options

Hi girls,

Linda. so happy you made it home safely. I had a great time with you,. Reese , Kay and my dearesr breast friend - the one and only Chirissy B.I am honored to have you as my guest. Although she is a VIP, she treats me like one. We had the most wonderful dinner and she cooked! Ya see, my stove was formerly just ornamental. She made the best HOMEMADE pastaidnner I have had at home since I have lived here! 

Praying that all weent well for Reese and am thinking about her now. 

So aggraved,I have spend the last three hours trying to get a neighbor's wifi as my service has been down most of the day. I was so obsessed with getting online and was outside looking for a connection. Then my dear Chrissy went off to bed and I shamefully did not say goodnight to her.I just HAD to get my bco updates tonight!  Sorry Chrissy! I thank my neighbor, "netgear' for allowing me to access.

Scuba, we will meet up with you at 12:30....hope you are feeling better.

Just have to say how I love Chrissy, my friend, confidant and Chrissy-ologist! Who needs a shrink when I have Chrissy! 

Peace ladies, and feel the love ... prayers to all and please pray that my internet is restored in the morning!, Chrissy needs to see all of these wonderful posts! and I am addicted to you girls Laughing!!

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    Options

Awwww Chrissy you girls look like you had a fabulous visit I love the white carnation idea - a secret society of sistas' - did you ever imagine the first time you logged on to BCO that you would end up in the USA.

• Scuba_duchess
    Options

Thought it was 1:30. I will call DorK to check.... No sweat either way.

• dara_diverse
    Options

you are right scuba, just checked :) cannnot wait to see you again!

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413
    Options

Everything went well. ThAnks for the thoughts and prayers everyone. I think I' still slEepy from the anesthesia.

• Scuba_duchess
    Options

Will be there with bells on. I have a 12 pm appt with PCP and will be at PS early as I can.

• dara_diverse
    Options

aww, Reese, go glad ti hear all is well. Sending prayers and lotsa love! 

and Roger that, Lisa!!!

• Lowrider54
    Lowrider54 Member Posts: 333
    Options

Chrissy....I can't believe that the time has arrived...what a wonderful adventure!  I know you are stopping someplace in the Midwest - for the life of me, I can't remember where.  Are you going to keep us up to date of the next port of call?  With my new development and chemo started, the brain cells are not working real well.

I am hoping you will end up someplace close enough that I can take a day trip to meet you!

Cheers to your Big Adventure!

Hugs

LowRider

• Hauntie
    Hauntie Member Posts: 369
    Options

Reesie - I'm so glad all went well. Yesterday, at one of my rest stops, just as I was finishing up (if you know what I mean), my phone rang. It was your phone. Lots of static. I'm yelling "Marie, Marie", then realized you were probably in surgery. Hmmm - daughter playing with phone or psychic connection?????

The dinner and after party in my room were so worth it, I would have driven twice as far to be there. We just all clicked so well. But, I guess that's what sisters do. Chrissy - boy do I wish you lived on this side of the world. You feel like such a kindred spirit. But, now I have a reason to add a trip to Australia to my bucket list and I know I'll be welcomed with open arms. 

I am probably going to face the rath of my BS for making her pull my drain out. I've developed a pocket of fluid. I first noticed it yesterday morning. When I laid down on my side last night, I discovered I had developed a "little boob". I just got rid of this damn thing and it's starting to grow again. It's a pocket between the size of a golf and a tennis ball. Waiting to hear back from my BS's nurse to see if it can wait to be aspirated until I get home or I need to make a trip to the emergency room while I'm here.

Have a great day Chrissy and Dottie. Enjoy every minute of your time together.

Lynda

• dara_diverse
    Options

Hi all!!!   I'm having a whale of a time here in the grand ol' USA!   Everything I look at is new even the style of the houses.....they are sooo cute! A   Even a simple drive to the shops brings me something new to look at.....lol.  I am meeting so many people and to me that is just fab.  I will continue to update the travels as they happen and post pics to share with you so you all can travel with me.

A lot of you girls have asked about the story of the 'Travelling Pants'  and my knowledge is very basic on them but I'm happy to share that.   I'm not sure how it started exactly but a pare of jeans was donated by a young BC survivor for every one at a gathering to sign as a memory of that occassion and they have been travelling to all the different gatherings ever since.  I do know that some of the young women who signed them are no longer with us but aside from that sadnesshaving them with us was both a privelage and an eye opener to think that so many young women are getting this disease.  There is a thread somewhere on BCO about them and I will try to find it and post the link for you all.

Reecie, so glad you are done with your surgery and now it's just healing time.  Hopefully without too much pain in the process.

Hauntie glad you have safely arrived at your brother's so now you can relax a bit and recouperate from that long drive.  Yes, you would definitely be welcomed with open arms should you ever get to Aus and that goes for everyone else as well.  I don't live in the city but the country but you are all so welcome to come visit!

Welcome to all those new followers of my travels, hope you enjoy them!

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

PS:  I'm posting from Dotty's computer so it's under her login....sorry to confuse you....lol

• proudmom_wife
    proudmom_wife Member Posts: 176
    Options

Chrissy - thank you for sharing this trip with all of us.  It is awesome.  

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    Options
    Love love love this journey....stay safe girls and have the time of your life.hugggs K
  • badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    Options

You all have inspired a big smile in me today.  Love this thread!

Chrissy, where are you stopping in the Midwest?  {{hugs}} to all

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    Options

Badger, my itinerary is from here NJ I go to NorthCarolina, Florida, Missourri, South Texas, Colorado and then California.  

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    Options

Excellent!  Missouri's the closest to me -- I sent you a PM.

This is like seeing my country with a fresh set of eyes.  Cool  WAY COOL!

• Elisimo
    Elisimo Member Posts: 1,262
    Options

YEAH!!! North Carolina is the next stop and we are so ready to meet you.  I will meet you at the Raleigh/Durham airport Friday evening and we can enjoy a good visit and eat a little and get a good nights rest before heading to the beach to meet Meilssa (SV).  I have your room all ready and waiting for you.  Have fun with Dotty and we will see you in NC on Friday.

• lrr4993
    lrr4993 Member Posts: 504
    Options

Chrissy - You and I have never communicated before, but I have read your posts every now and then.  You seems like such a lovely person - and judging by all those lined up to meet you, my impression must be accurate!  I hope you have a fabulous and safe trip.   

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    Options

Chrissy/AmyJo please give my best to SV I miss her.

• Stanzie
    Stanzie Member Posts: 1,611
    Options

Ok, so Chrissy, is it next Tuesday morning you will be coming through Atlanta? Oh I so need to go back through those posts! Oh wait, no it must be Wednesday morning, right?

Sounds like you have having a fabulous time!!! 

• debbie6122
    debbie6122 Member Posts: 2,935
    Options

I love the story about the traveling pants, made me cry seeing them, love all the pictures and the stories. Have mercy travels ((((hugs))))))