Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

The 'Journey' has begun!!!! aka Chrissyb's USA Adventure!!!

Options

Comments

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    Options

Thanks Mods!

• chrissyb
    Options

Dang , I'm just trying out the iPad here and the keyboard is doing some crazy ass thing. The curser is running on the letters rather than beside so it doesn't look like there is a space between the words.........mmmmm.

I'm going to post this just to see if the formatting is as it should be but first up, I'm going to try a pic.

Well the pic is there but I can't resize......mmmmm

Okay, a bit more playing is in order but I'm glad I can finally post a pic from my iPad .......yay!!!!!!

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,519
    Options

The dress is gorgeous.....you are soooo talented!!!!

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    Options

I just found this thread and am so happy that I did! I read the entire thing (well most of it but most especially your accounts of your trip(s) and your DD's wedding. WOW! I was very touched by it and that you signed those pants. Simply amazing! The trip of a lifetime. So happy you had this trip and that it is forever emblazoned on your heart. I know that at least one of the ladies you met is no longer with us (Marybe) and I am so happy you had the time with her. Thanks for sharing your wonderful photos and narrative with us!

• chrissyb
    Options

Hi April.......there are a few ladies that I met on my trip that are no longer with us and as sad as that is, I still have wonderful memories of meeting them and getting to know then just a little.

I am hoping that in the next year or two I may be able to return to the USA but right now I am lining up for a second knee replacement that is to take place at the end of the month.  It will be a year before it will be completely healed but I will be on my feet and getting around long before that time rolls around.

I'm glad that you enjoyed reading of my adventure and liked my DD's wedding.

Love n hugs to you.    Chrissy

• april485
    Options

Well, if you land on the East Coast when you come, my home in Connecticut is plenty big and you are more than welcome! We have Yale University here and one of the few Universities (UCONN) to win both the Men's and Women's Basketball title in the same year (2014 and also back earlier this decade) as well as the  world famous Pepe's pizza. Would love to have you! Be well and God speed on your surgery!

• Elisimo
    Elisimo Member Posts: 1,262
    Options

Chrissy,

I hope if you get the chance to come back across the way that you will come stay with me again (and stay longer).  I so enjoyed bing actually with you.  Miss you my loving friend.  My DH keeps telling me my health is at a point that he would not feel comfortable with me traveling around the globe to visit you in Austraila.  I still keep objecting to his notion that I physically cannot do it.  But he did have a point when my feet were so swollen and sore that I could not even stand up much less walk or wear shoes.  Glad that has gotten so much better. Left foot and ankle are still swollen but at least I can get some of my filp flops on. :) 

Joy and blessings,

AJ

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,018
    Options

Lovely pictures!!! Congratulations to all, and thank you for sharing the celebration with us!

• karen1956
    Options

Chrissy.....so happy to see a post from you.  Good luck with the knee replacement surgery...sure wish I was closer to help....When you are next in the states we have to plan more time together....I think of you often....Karen

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    Options

Well Chrissy, you know my door is always open and the kettle is ALWAYS on!!!!!

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084
    Options

Chrissy, when you come to visit Cheryl, would love to meet you too!

• chrissyb
    Options

Bumped for all of those who would like to re read or read for the first time.

Love n hugs all!   Chrissy

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    Options

Thanks again

What fun to reread and remember your journey.

Hope your rehab for the new knee goes smoothly. 

• chrissyb
    Options

I bumped this yesterday for others but decided to sit and re read the whole thing for myself.  I can't believe that almost three years have passed since I made this trip and met so many and took so many vicarious travellers with me on what has turned out to be a hi light of my life............so many beautiful places.

I often look at my photos and remember who I met at that particular point or who I was with on that particular day........so many that I met are no longer here but they live on in my heart and memories.  So much laughter was shared, so many stories.

I am still hopeful that one day I will be able to revisit the USA and perhaps see some of the places I didn't get to see last time and of course revisit those I can.........I'm working on it.......lol.

Loads of love n hugs to everyone.   Chrissy

• april485
    Options

I read this thread several years after your trip and enjoyed it immensely. (this past May is when I read it)  I loved living your trip and seeing the sites in America through your eyes. I hope others see this and enjoy it as I did. Hope you can come back someday soon!

• socallisa
    Options

This was the National Cemetery Chrissy saw in San Diego

• chrissyb
    Options

Beautiful place, such serenity.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,879
    Options

We remember it well sweetie . It was like yesterday, but good friends and visits always are :) sassy

• lilyrose53
    lilyrose53 Member Posts: 120
    Options

ChrissyB,

I am so glad you bumped this thread!  I am unable to sleep as the steroids have kicked in after my infusion today.  I ended up reading the entire thing!  Lol. What a fantastic adventure!  I suppose the silver lining of having BC is getting to meet so many wonderful women.  

I feel as though I know you after reading this, and all the marvelous things the others have had to say about you.  I would love to meet you if you come back to the States!  I live in Arizona where we have tons of amazing places to see!  Would love to have you come and stay.  You would be most welcome!  Can't wait to read more and see your beautiful photographs.

Wishing you well,  hugs,  lilyrose

• chrissyb
    Options

Lilyrose, thank you.......I'm glad you enjoyed my journey and as you can tell I had a wonderful time!.  I do hope one day to be able to come back to the USA and Arizona is one of the States I didn't get to last time so I will definitely keep you in mind........thank you so much for the offer, I do appreciate it.

Yes, you are right, the good thing about having BC is that we get a chance to meet wonderful people that in normal circumstance we would never come across.

Love n hugs.    Chrissy

• hbcheryl
    Options

awwww Chrissy I love when this thread pops up, every time I go downtown and see HBs finest I always think of you with a smile Happy

• chrissyb
    Options

Cheryl, when I am looking at my photos and come across that particular pic I laugh out loud as I can see the shocked look on your face as I approached them......hahahahaha!  Loved my time with you and the girls in San Diego!

• socallisa
    Options

Chrissy. .remember the apple pie? 

• chrissyb
    Options

Lisa you just jogged my memory........hahahahaha!  Now I do......lol.

• hbcheryl
    Options

Hahahahaha , in June 2015 the girls from the Lets Post Our Daily Exercise thread are having our yearly get together in Carlsbad (Chrissy it's a suburb north of San Diego) so maybe a little Julian Apple pie will be in order, Lisa you up for a driveLoopy

• chrissyb
    Options

Now there seems to be something happening with the Julian Apple Pie here........is it a trend beginning? Mmmm!   Hahahahaha!

• 2nd_time_around
    2nd_time_around Member Posts: 14,084
    Options

would love to meet Chrissy (and others) next year if she can swing it out here next year

• Elisimo
    Elisimo Member Posts: 1,262
    Options

Chrissy, you know I would love to have you visit and stay with me again.  We had such fun, especially at the beach.  Remember my dunk in the surf when that incoming wave caught me?  All you could see was my hat and feet sticking up in the air.  Missing you so very much.  Remember our swim suit shopping and we both wound up with the same suit and we swore we were twins seperated at birth.  Love you my friend.

Hugs all around

AJ

• chrissyb
    Options

AJ I often think of our time together and then my thoughts turn to now and I wonder how you are and hope that your treatments are working well for you.

I still have that swim suit and wear it each week when I go to therapy in the pool.......it is still going strong and reminds me of those fun times each and every time I wear it.  I have a picture of your dunking and me trying to get you up on your feet before the next wave hit.........we were both laughing so hard it's a wonder we didn't drown!.......Mel stood on the beach and snapped away and recorded some wonderful times that will never be forgotten.

I would love to come and stay with you again.......you never know, it might happen.  I miss and love you too.......yes were certainly are twins from other mothers....lol.

Love n hugs.    Chrissy

• karen1956
    Options

Chrissy - you will be missed :(

Sending hugs and love to your family.

You will live on in their hearts as well as your bco family.