Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

The 'Journey' has begun!!!! aka Chrissyb's USA Adventure!!!

Options

Comments

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

Chrissy, I would love it if you posted pictures of where you live! I doubt if I will get to Australia for a visit so I'm relying on you.

Leah

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,879
    Options

ChrissyL&H&P's sheila

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    Options

Okay all, I was out in the garden taking pics this afternoon and I will have some ready for posting tomorrow.  I plan to try to get to the mines to take some picks there as well so hopefully it will be an interesting post.  There are quite a few historical areas near where I live and the town is really quaint so hopefully you will enjoy.

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    Options

Looking forward to the pictures Chrissy.  I can't decide which of them I am most anxious to see!

• Jellydonut
    Jellydonut Member Posts: 20
    Options

Have you thought about writing a book (with lots pics, of course!!) about your traveling experience, Chrissy?  I'll be the first on Amazon's wait list. Smile

• MegM
    MegM Member Posts: 16
    Options

Chrissy, you are amazing and I loved following your trip, can't wait to see your home town...Australia is one of my dream destination. Thank you for sharing.

• dara_diverse
    dara_diverse Member Posts: 5,003
    Options

I can't wait for the pics. Chrissy, just hearing you describe all those pretty flowers has me excited!

Jellydonut, I agree that she should take her excerpts from this thread and turn it into a book. Knowing the way she motivated me into positive (and logical) thinking tells me that she could reach out and touch so many more people with that "fairy dust" she sprinkles everywhere she goes.  Not only would BC sisters get some of that, all other people on this earth could get a dose of her magic. I would grant permission to talk about the psycho therapy she gave me.  I told her often that she is like a supper nanny but her "clients" are all grown women. 

Who here first described that fairy dust thing, was it Amy Jo??

I love you Chrissy B and am so honored to have had you shack up with me for a week!!

**edited to add logical....

• Elisimo
    Elisimo Member Posts: 1,262
    Options

It was not me that started it, I just continued it because it fit Chrissy so well.  I will try to look back and see who started it.    Be back in a minute.

It was sagina on page 12 of this thread. 

• TNBC-er
    TNBC-er Member Posts: 63
    Options

It will be great to continue this thread, it's been such fun, and so refreshing to read and see so much more through the lens of ChissyB's camera.

Looking forward to more.

Thanks, all, for your contributions to making this a 'sought after' thread destination. I've really had fun 'traveling' with you.

• sagina
    sagina Member Posts: 849
    Options

Thank you Amy for looking that up...I wrote that after I got to spend time with her.  Chrissy is special, yes Chrissy you are so special....how can you travel from land to land and fit right in with everyone like old friends if you are NOT a fairy godmother? 

So glad I met her, hugged her and got to read about all her travels.  I can see the illustration on the front of the book now - Chrissy waving from a airplane window with the magic dust, little bitty stars trailing out the window....

• wahine
    wahine Member Posts: 7,590
    Options

Gina, What a great idea for her book cover...I can picture it exactly as you described it. OK now Chrissy, I think it is unanimous that you should turn this into a book! Hugs, Kathy

• dara_diverse
    Options

Chrissy, I am speaking on behalf of your thousands of fans....we are waiting so patiently for more pics!  I am starting to have Chrissy B photo withdraw. Not to pressure you, Chrissy but you are uhhh, a wee bit late. Two demerits for you, naughty girl. Seriously though, I hope and pray all is well and that this delay means you are taking a break and resting your dear body.

Amy, I also thank you for looking up the fairy dust thing.

And Gina, OMG, I just revisited that post and your words describing our Chrissy say it all and are just beautiful.  I wish I could have expressed myself like that but am not great with turning feelings into words.  Your words mimic the way I felt after having her in my life for a week. Oh, I also think that what you wrote would be a perfect intro for that book (hint hint)!  

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,879
    Options

Chrissy B- DUH--------you affected so many of our lives. Most of of us have been so careful, about spending money. That we would never have taken the risk you did, by taking this fantastic trip.

In a do over, I would have just said, where are you going and I will tag a long.

It's over, none of us will ever forget it.

Isn't a JOY. All of us that you brought together. All that you made us feel wonderful about, was about us and our surroundings. Chrissy Thanks L&H&P's sheila

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    Options

Okay, okay, I hear ya!  I know I've been a bit slack but hey give a girl a chance to get her mind around the fact that it was no dream, I did an amazing trip and met some wonderful people and now it's time to get it through my head that I am home!  Oh yes home .......such a welcome I had!

DH had been busy in my/our garden and had it looking fabulous.  He had watered and trimmed and made sure the lawns were all mowed.  He opened our gates and after I got the right royal greeting from Tinkerbell (our dog) I drove the car in through the gates and this is what greeted me.

It was so lovely to see the Irises in full flower.....and so many!  Prior to this, I had only had a few bloom at one time but it seemed as though they had decided to all flower at once just to welcome me.....lol.  After getting out of the car, I gathered a few things and began to make my way down the garden path all the time checking out the rest of the garden and I must say, I was super pleased with what I saw.  The roses were blooming off the bushes, the lavender had gone crazy and the carnations were so heavy with bud that anymore and the stems would break!

These are near the shed.

To the left of the path with the side wall of the house behind.

And this is the view of my house. the upper is the Sitting room (Lounge) and behind it the master bedroom, downstairs, looking a the little door that goes to my dinning room/kitchen and the outer is a courtyard.

This is my little courtyard garden outside the back door.

Enjoy!!!  The next instalment will take in a little of my town's history.  Till then.......

Love n hugs.  Chrissy

• debbie6122
    debbie6122 Member Posts: 2,935
    Options

What a beautiful garden you have chrissy- I bet it is so good to be home, I am sure every place you went was beautiful, but there is no place like home.

• Racy
    Racy Member Posts: 974
    Options

What a cute house Chrissy. I love the stone cottage architecture in Adelaide and environs. Looking forward to hearing more about your town.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,065
    Options

Now, if that isn't enticing!!! Lovely! 

• dara_diverse
    Options

OHHH Chrissy! Surprised

Thanks so much for the tour of your gardens. Of course it is okay that you are late, I was just busting on you. I love how you narrate, it made me feel that I was in your car and coming up that drive with you for the first time, great job girl! Your home and gardens are just gorgeous! And how about your Iris's spreading like wild. I have some in my yard but only a handful pop out. I think your garden loves you back!!

I love carnations and their lovely fragrance, I do not think we can grow them here - I have never seen them outside a floral arrangement or in bunches. I love the exterior structure of your home, timeless and just gorgeous!  I think you are teasing us all to the point where we HAVE to make a trip to see you. THAT is on my bucket list!  Maybe I can convince Lisa (Scuba Duchess) to bring me along! 

Can't wait for the next chapter!!. Your name is a household name around here and I am sure I am not alone with that! Love you and miss yoClick here to find out more!u! Sending you hugz!

• dara_diverse
    Options

whoa, not sure how that snuck in my post but my answer is yes! and still working on additional changes (Chrissy will know what I mean)!!

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    Options

Chrissy, absolutely awesome. Your whole journey and now sharing your home with us. Thank you so much. Looking forward to more.

DorK, what a qwinky dink that that particular add showed up in your post. ** play Twighlight Zone music**

• Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914
    Options

Chrissy,  I agree with DorK, great pics and great narratives,  I feel like i"m beside you as you're narrating.

DorK, it is great hearing from you too.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    Options

hi Chrissy, thanks for the updated pics, love your picturesque home & garden!

Inspired by you, I have become a tourist of sorts.  Much more interested in my surroundings.  For example, yesterday I took a guided tour of our state Capitol.  I've worked across the street from it for several years and walk there during the cold of the winter and the heat of the summer, but had never taken a formal tour.  It's a gorgeous building with beautiful woodwork and artwork, paintings and sculpture, marble and limestone from all over the world, stained glass skylights, glass tile mosaics, and lots of real gold paint.  So glad I took the time to do that.

DorK, we have carnations in our back yard, so maybe they'd grow by you?  {{hugs}} to all

• dara_diverse
    Options

Badger, isn't it nice to just stop and smell the roses now and then? Or the carnations? lol. I asked a friend today if she has ever seen them grow around here and she has not either. Are they hard to grow? I had rose trees at a former home and loved them but they are vulnerable to disease and fungus and take a lot of time to keep healthy. I have let my yard go the past two years as I have been recovering during the summer months and also battling lazy lol. Can't wait til next year, Chrissy is my motivation!

Nice to see you too, Kay. If you are ever back in this area, be sure to let me know. I would love to get together again.  It was so nice meeting you although I would have loved to spend more time with you!

Hugs back at you Badger! Wishing all peace, love and longevity!

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    Options

DorK, we got four carnation plants this spring from someone who was thinning out flower beds.  Planted them alongside the garage where they grew well but didn't produce any flowers.  Maybe next year?

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    Options

Chrissy thanks so much for sharing your adventure with all of us.  I so enjoyed my visit with you in San Antonio.  And your gardens are fabulous.  I look forward to seeing your town next.  You have touched so many lives with this adventure and I am so blessed to have been a part of it.  And I love gina's idea about the book cover.  Think you really need to consider the book idea.

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,520
    Options

Chrissy....beatiful gardens.....so nice to be able to see your "neck of the woods"!!!

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    Options
    the iris's are gorgeous chrissy...maybe next sppring... 3jays
  • wahine
    wahine Member Posts: 7,590
    Options

Thank you Chrissy! Lovely pics of your gardens....know that it must have felt good to be back home, even though your trip was AWESOME. Can't wait till the "next installment" and you share pics of your town. How nice to have carnations blooming!!! We had a frost last night, so the ginger probably got zapped,but smelled so lovely all summer. Now we are having fall and heading into winter and yet you are having spring and heading into summer!! How lovely!!! So glad you are continuing this journal, as we would be lost without it. Cheers!!!!

• Elisimo
    Elisimo Member Posts: 1,262
    Options

Chrissy - your garden is lovely.  We had to cover all our plants on the back porch last night because of the expected forst.  Glad we did that even though we did not get home from the airport until 11:30 p.m.! Missing you girlfriend.

My DD#1 is doing great after her surgery.  And I know how Chrissy feels about being home.  It was so good to get home and sleep in my own bed. 

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,883
    Options

Chrissy,  Was there ever a feature story written up in your local paper about your travels?