Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

The 'Journey' has begun!!!! aka Chrissyb's USA Adventure!!!

Options

Comments

• Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914
    Options

sas - what a great idea!  I don't know what a chemo cap is though.  I am guessing I didn't use one.

• sagina
    sagina Member Posts: 849
    Options

The Texas gals are ready to show Chrissy the sights!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to meet everyone in person!

• edyem
    edyem Member Posts: 5
    Options

Chrissy - I wish I could come and meet you in San Antonio.  I'm about 80 miles north in Austin which would normally be quite an easy trip, but I just had AC #4 yesterday and I'm not feeling up for the ride.  I posted on the Texas thread and asked the ladies that are attending to give you a hug from me. I hope you enjoy your time in Texas.  The weather cooled down a bit just for you!

edye 

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    Options

still keeping up with your travels, chrissy.. have a ball!!!...3jays

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

Chrissy, I'm continuing to enjoy your trip!

OK, so lots of you are boasting about your squirrrels and opossums. Well, I think I can beat that. We've had a problem on our moshav lately with wild boars.

I am not kidding.

Leah

• Isabella4
    Isabella4 Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

OMG Leah...wild boars !! Scarey stuff.

Isabella.

• 3jaysmom
    Options

i'm not sure you know, Leah..Wil boar hunting is very popular in the states.. they're vicious,, and over running some areas. this season, they even have a reality show about it!!

my DH Murray, said "won't help them if they kill them, either...not kosher..hahaha

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    Options

Loved reading this thread Chrissy what a fantastic trip you are having.Where are you off to next?

• tedwilliams
    tedwilliams Member Posts: 97
    Options

Such a privilege to share this adventure with Chrissy today in San Antonio.  

Jana 

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

Yeah, the wild boars are really scary. Last year security got hunters who know how to kill them and they got a couple. I think the rest sensed it was dangerous since after that we didn't have any for a very long time.

BTW, the hunters are Christians since not only do the Jews not eat pork but the Muslims don't either! The hunters do well with this - not only do they get paid for shooting the boars but they also get the carcasses which they sell for meat!

Leah

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    Options
    Its been wonderful following you Chrissy...have fun in Texas.I asked Jo to give you a big kiss from ME...God bless you and keep you safe.hugggggggggggs K
  • sagina
    Options

What a WONDERFUL weekend.  Thank you Chrissy for joining us. Have a marvelous time in Denver! Miss you already!

• annettek
    annettek Member Posts: 1,160
    Options

Chrissy....who knew you were a woohoo like me? After rushing in a like a hurricane (or is that a cyclone:) it was amazing to just plop down next to you and start talking like I have known you forever...which perhaps I have... just loved meeting you and all the others yesterday.

It blew me away and am so glad I decided to hop in that car and zoom off to San Antonio. Sherry (just as authentically wonderful in "real life" as on here), Jo (we obviously were separated at birth and sent off to different parents-just had to find each other again), Sagina (OH MY!- Gina indeed, it is all in the saying.:), Jan (sweetest smile that radiates the beauty of who you are)and  Timothea (you little doll- I wanted to put you in my pocket and take ya home with me).

Texas is a big state which is a good thing as it takes something enormous to contain the gratitude I am feeling after being able to spend even such a short time with you all.

Godspeed on your journey Chrissy...here's is hoping I get to see you, the clock and the mudhouses one day soon:) BIG HUGS from the heart

• Pictures, Chrissy....we want to see some more pictures! Am so glad your get together in San Antonio was a good one....for sure you didn't have to worry about running into rain in that state.    I am going to post some from our time in Shell Knob later on today. 

• Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914
    Options

annettek, thanks for posting on your experience.  I wish I could have been there.  I was at the NJ dinner though and had a similar time.  Wish I were as good with words as you are, but it was wonderful to meet some ladies on the boards here.  Loved meeting ChrissyB, DorothyK, Reesie and Hauntie.  Hope I get more opportunities like that.

• sagina
    Options

Marbe~ it rained the whole first day she was here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and then cooled off by 10 degrees or so for the weekend.  She brought the water with her and we were grateful!

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    Options

Well I had the time of my life yesterday in San Antonio with the gang.  I hate having BC but love that fact that it brought all of us together in a sisterhood in a way nothing else ever would have.  It was so amazing that we all just sat down and starting chit chatting and laughing like we had known each other our entire lives.  Each one with a special gift to give.  Here a a few pics.

Sorry could not make it smaller

Jo, Gina, Annette, Chrissy, Timothea, Jana, Sherry and Timothea's kids with the Traveling Pants

• Sherryc
    Options

Chrissy & Timothea with the pants

Chrissy signing the Traveling pants.  I have to say that it was the most emotional part of the day.  Annette and I were standing there watching and just hughed each other in silence because we both knew if we opened out mouth we would start crying and not be able to stop.  Jo and I talked about it when we got home last night and both teared up talking about it.  It was a very powerful moment and a memory that I will cherish always.

• tedwilliams
    tedwilliams Member Posts: 97
    Options

Sherry:

Your words echo my feelings as well.....just to see and touch the pants was a very special moment. And then to watch Chrissy sign them and to see Timothea's contribution.......  

Jana 

• 3jaysmom
    Options

AWESOME picture s all.. love the last one... i cried too! 3jays

• sagina
    Options
  • wahine
    wahine Member Posts: 7,590
    Options

Love the pictures you posted Sherry! Oh, and Gina thanks for posting what Chrissy wrote on the Traveling Pants...gave me goosebumps. Sure wish I could have met her in person too!!!

• Sherryc
    Options

I also forgot to add a big THANK YOU  to Gina for being our San Antonio tour guide.  Also we were interviewed for the newspaper being that it is Breast Cancer Awareness month.  They were very intrigued with Chrissy's trip, Timothea's young age and the traveling pants.  It should be in the paper this week and I'll post a link when it is.

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    Options

wonderful pics,wonderful,heartfelt moments along with wonderful words that Annette wrote.Sista you said it all.It was my pleasure to follow this journey that our wonderful sista Chrissyb had taken.And what an adventure it is.You honey has left a huge mark in America but in all the sistas as well. HATS OFF TO YOU AND GOD BLESS.

hugggggggs K

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704
    Options

I'm crying-love the pants!  Sherryc-please be sure to post that link.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,879
    Options

Chrissy-----odd all our weird American weather has been made better while you were here. Coincidence or Providence? L&H sas

• Stanzie
    Stanzie Member Posts: 1,611
    Options

What emotional but wonderful pictures with the traveling pants. Chrissy- you are so amazing- what a fabulous inspiration you are to all of us. Your trip is just blowing me away - But over and over I hear what a lovely person you are and how you have touch so many of us by this fabulous trip. I'm so glad you are having such fun - so wish I gotten to meet you. I think you come through again but not sure when. I just have so loved reading about your trip and seeing all the wonderful pictures! Makes me so happy to see all of them. Thanks Chrissy!

• LuvRVing
    LuvRVing Member Posts: 2,409
    Options

Chrissy - thank you for doing what not enough of us Americans do, getting out and seeing our beautiful country and meeting so many warm and wonderful people.  And thank you for sharing this adventure with all of us.  You are an inspiration and I hope that your sense of adventure inspires others to "see the USA in your Chevrolet" or whatever buggy gets you there.

I have visited or driven through 47 of the 50 states, having missed just North Dakota, Idaho and Montana, so I am walking my talk!  

Happy trails!

Michelle

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    Options

Michelle, for years i was just missing ND...so last year we made an effort to drive through it on one of our cross country trips...now I have been to all 50, it is a good thing...

Hope to see Crissy in CA

• sagina
    Options

Chrissy I miss you already! But I successfully made tomato basil soup! trying the impossible pie next! Hope you see all the beauty in Colorado that it will see you in!