Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Radiation recovery

Comments

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited June 2013

Cleaned til I dropped and feel like there is soooo much more to do.  Of course, the stuff I cleaned is getting dirtied as we speak.  Is there anything less rewarding than house cleaning? Oh, wait, I know--having a teenager.

Thinking of you tomorrow Kate, hope it goes super quick and easy.

Joan, I hope you are enjoying your visiting!

Finals week for my girl, so it's tense around here.  Extra work out time is called for (cleaning does not count.)  Anyone have a fun week ahead?

• josie123
    josie123 Member Posts: 1,749
    edited June 2013

I finally got my pics off of my phone had them printed and then scanned them into mil computer and sent them to my email.I sure hope everybody can view them and maybe somebody can show me how to get them on photo bucket.That's the price I pay for not having a smart phone or a working P C.You can only do so much with a kindle.

• josie123
    edited June 2013

SAB sounds like you'll sleep well tonight.

• macatacmv
    macatacmv Member Posts: 1,200
    edited June 2013

Hi I haven't been on this thread for a whille. Lots of reading to catch up! 

My week will be fun, no matter what I do. I have started water aerobics again. What a difference between last year when I thought I could do it and this year when I really can. I can get through a whole class without coughing. Also keeping up with the yoga which helps so much with strengthening and breathing. 

I had a horrible cough during and after rads. They never really dx me with anything, just said my airways were very angry. I was on steriods for 8 months, doing nebulizers 3 x day and using an inhaler. Finally I am off all the steriods and just use a rescue inhaler when needed. It's been a hard time getting healthy again. 

sab, congrats on surviving with a teenager.

sew, thinking of you.

hugs to all the rest. 

Of course, I have been on a med vacation from my AI for 6 weeks. I have been feeling so much better!!! My MO is going to call tomorrow to tell me which med she wants me on next.  I'm staying positive and open minded. I slipped from osteopenia to osteoporosis in a year. I also had a hearing test last week and have moderate to servere hearing loss. The doc said it is probably a combo of genetics, noise damage and meds. So hearing aids it is. My DD said I told you so!!! 

• SAB
    edited June 2013

Mac do you ever go to the daily workout thread?  Momine posted adaptations for yoga with osteopenia.  It was useful. 

sciatica.org/yoga/12poses.html

• katehudson25
    katehudson25 Member Posts: 1,939
    edited June 2013

Getting ready to go to chemo today, and I am not looking forward to it. I had a bad day with constipation yesterday, and don't feel great today. The good news is that my leg continues to improve. I have emailed my doctor to find out if chemo will cure the blockage I feel when having bowel movements. At first my doctor talked about 4-6 months of chemo. I am taking ct scans at the end of the month that will determine if I need 4 or 6 months, and I am praying for only 4 months. I don't think I can tolerate 6 months. I am ok on the 30 minute treatments with Genzar, but it is the long treatment with Cisplatin which causes most of the side effects. If I only need 4 months, then my treatment next week will be the half way point, otherwise it will only be 1/3.

xoxo,

Kate  

• gigil
    gigil Member Posts: 916
    edited June 2013

Good morning everyone! I've been away all weekend, but I managed to read and catch up on everyone. SEW you are on my mind and in my prayers.

I got puppy fever reading about beloved pets. I am trying to resist. We had to put our sweet little schnauzer Maddie to sleep about 18 months ago. It was a gentle passing for her, but so difficult to make that decision and say goodbye. Like you Cindy, we flit around so much, it is hard on a little furry friend having habits disrupted. I miss the snuggles and companionship though!

Kate you are on my mind today. I just hopped into your pocket. Let's see, who else is here? And where are those cake balls? Janis, did you make the chocolate coconut ones?

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    edited June 2013

Hi y'all

Kate - in your pockets! Yippee short day we're all ready to turn on the disci ball crack open the bottle and pop those cakeballs...oh Janis made special hi-fiber prune balls just for you ha!

Gigil - glad you had a fun weekend...puppie fever they are so cute:)

Mac - fun week in the pool...a year...yrs a lot of changes...new warriors:)

This is a crazy day. Hubby announced late last night he felt terrible awoke at 5 said needed to go to ER ...heart rhythm atrial fib...so off we go. Small town no one there:). He lives in atrial fib but worse dehydrated...admitted him and will observe. I think he took 2 metoprolol and then not enough Coumadin ...will not write down and check off meds so is always a crap-shoot. I'm home resting going to cleanup and go back...:). At least this is not a major commute :). Joy oh joy...getting him a pill case.

Enough whining...ready for disco ball:) party!

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

• katehudson25
    edited June 2013

Hi Gigil,

I am here at chemo waiting for my blood draw. My treatment start in an hour and a half, and I can't wait to get out of here. Even though chemo helps me so much I dread coming here. Before chemo can kill your cancer cells it has to make you feel sick. I am so tired of feeling sick. II've had a bad bout with constipation, and this is my 4th day of having to be near a potty. I am grateful of course that my leg continues to improve. I emailed my doc this morning to beg for 4 months of chmeo and not 6. Of xourse it will depend on my ct  scans at the end of the month. I imagine that there has to be improvemnt in my lung nodules in order for the chemo to be cut to 4 months. Now that my leg is improving I am praying my lung nodules are improving too. I can't wait for Janis's lemon cake balls after my treatment.

xoxo,

Kate

• gigil
    edited June 2013

Cindy, my DH has dealt with atrial Fib too. He is an old hand. He really doesn't get symptomatic - just has the wonky rhythm! His current med is holding him steady. Hope he gets it all back on track! We had had many anxious moments! Do they do electro-conversions on him? We hate the coumadin here! Lots of bother!

Kate hope you get the darned constipation under control, and that today goes quickly! i know you are getting very tired of all of this. praying the lung nodules shrivel up and go away. so glad your leg is better. p>

• brooksidevt
    brooksidevt Member Posts: 1,432
    edited June 2013

Kate, is there a loose button on your super spectacular sparkling Princess Warrior Coat?  It sounds as though it might not be wrapped quite as tightly around you as usual.  If the chemo is working on one nasty lymph node, it just has to be working everywhere (Yay! and Yippee! and Hurrah!).  I'm so sorry you feel lousy now, but overjoyed that there is a solution for you and it's chomping away at all those nasty nasties.

• katehudson25
    edited June 2013

Gigil and Brookside thank you so much for your support. I am getting my infuaion now, and I will be done in about 20 minutes. Looking forward to cake balls and wine. Sorry to be so impatient regarding results. I am a little crabby today, because I did not sleep well.

xoxo,

Kate

• gigil
    edited June 2013

I don't blame you Kate.  I am sure I wouldn't be sleeping all that well at times either!!  Just be how you need to be, right?  If you are a little crabby, you will just scare the hell out of those ugly little c cells and they will shrivel up and go away with the help of the meds you are getting.  Party later will cheer you up.

• BUNKIE10
    BUNKIE10 Member Posts: 670
    edited June 2013

Kate - I am sorry you are feeling a little down today. It takes a toll on the body and mind. You can have an off day or as many as you need. I have been feeling a bit icky today too...just a migraine. Praying for you Kate.

• SAB
    edited June 2013

Cindy, I'm sorry you had a scare with DH, and glad it is under control.

Kate, Hang in, it's working.

Bunkie, Migraines are awful, do you get them often?  

Gigi, Maybe you should do some volunteer stuff...it will feed your puppy fever, and if a very special pup comes along you will be right there!

• katehudson25
    edited June 2013

Gigil, I think you are right. I get pretty mean when I am crabby so hopefully I scared those ugly cancer cells

Bunkie sorry you are experiencing a migraine

Sab I am hanging in there, and getting ready to party and chow on cake balls and wine.

xoxo,

Kate

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474
    edited June 2013

Just popping in to say a quick hello.  We are having a garage sale ths weekend.  It is so much work!  We really need to do this so are working hard at it.  Today we cleaned the garage and DH got quite a few things in the sale pile.  There is so much left to do, whew!  I will be very happy when this is all finished.

Kate, hang in there Sweetie.  I can imagine how much this is wearing on your nerves.  Perfectly normal.  The lemon balls are fresh and all ready.  Enjoy them with the wine.  I promise no matter how long you go through chemo, there will always be a fresh batch of lemon balls just for you.  I hope you get to feeling better soon.  I am glad that you can come here and vent as much as you need.  We are your friends and we all care.  So lemon balls anytime.  Sending you big healing hugs.

Gigil Yes, I did make the coconut chocolate ones.  They are all ready for you any time.  Just help yourself.

Cindy I am sorry for the scare with your hubby.  So glad he is okay but talk about stress.  Hugs to you.

SAB Housework, doing a lot of that with garage sale planning.  I bet your house looks fantastic.

macatacmv, I took a break from Arimidex for a month.  I have been back on it for a couple of weeks now.  I didn't see enough improvement to justify staying off of it.  My big issues since going back on are night swetas, very bad.  Also a general feeling of being very tired.  I guess I have to get used to it again.

Josie I wasn't able to view your pictures.  It kept wanting me to set up an AOL account.  I wonder if any others have had problems.  I would have loved to seen them.

I am so tired but want to get back to my cleaning and pricing all this stuff.  When my mom died I did get all of her costume jewelry.  There was so much and I didn't ever really sort through it.  I used to always wear earrings, I had a ton.  I got all that jewelry sorted out, earrings all paired up.  There must be 200 pair!  My mom loved jewelry and I am not really a jewelry person.  I wear very simple studs in my ears and a small gold hoop.  I no longer wear them so they are going.  Will sell everything for probably .50 ea.  My mom had quite a few beautiful sterling ones so those will be a couple dollars. 

Sew, haven't heard much lately and I hope everything is okay.  I know you will let us know when you can.  I feel so badly you have to go through this.  What heartache.  Know you are in my thoughts and I am sending extra special soft comforting hugs your way.

Thanks ladies for being who you are!  I love this group.  Hugs to all, and an abundance of love. 

• SAB
    edited June 2013

Janis, what a lot of work!  You make me feel like a sissy for complaining about a little cleaning Embarassed Good luck with the sale!

Gigi I meant volunteer at the SPCA or similar of course.  Since I can't find a job I'm thinking about volunteering there, or at the Red Cross.   

• katehudson25
    edited June 2013

Janis thank you for the lemon cake balls. They are truly appreciated today

xoxo,

Kate

• BUNKIE10
    BUNKIE10 Member Posts: 670
    edited June 2013

Kate - I get headaches a lot but migraines are new to me. Started a few years ago when I was stressed about mom being sick. Scented products can set me off and I took my big mattress pad to the laundromat today to use the extra large washer. I forgot to run a wash through first with old towels to get rid of the scented soap or Downey. Some of it got in my mattress pad and it bothered me. I use all unscented stuff. Rads made me extra sensitive to smells. So I switched it with the pad in the guest room for a few nights. Not as fluffy but it will be ok. Hopefully the other will air out soon. I am so glad you are feeling better with that leg!! Yeah!!

Sab - I really liked to clean too. I have someone who does the icky stuff...toilets, floors and some light dusting and running the vacuum. Once a year she does the deep stuff. I keep up the rest myself. Yes I have been getting migraines more these days.

Janis - My mom had a ton of stuff too. I gave hers to a lot of her friends and my step niece. She loved it. I am not big on jewelry either except my silver and turquoise collection from the southwest. That is massive. I also have a lot of funky earrings I used to wear and need to part with. It changed for me when I stopped working.

• josie123
    edited June 2013

• josie123
    edited June 2013

• josie123
    edited June 2013

• josie123
    edited June 2013

• josie123
    edited June 2013

• josie123
    edited June 2013

• gigil
    edited June 2013

SAB. Sadly I have a huge fear of dogs I am not familiar with. I have had some bad experiences. I am afraid if I did get to know the dogs, I would be taking at least two home with me.

Cleaning is something I need to do! My sis is coming from Boston and we will be planning a special Fathers Day and birthday for my dad.

Janis you are so nice to bake for us when we need it most.

Sew thinking about you and your family.

Josie, I couldn't see your pics either, darn!

Cindy, I hope your DH is doing better and his beat is getting more regular.

• MostlySew
    MostlySew Member Posts: 1,311
    edited June 2013

Hi everyone. Thanks for all the heartfelt concern. My brother did die late yesterday afternoon, but we were all there and we gave it a hell of a run trying to give him the chance to make it back. Unfortunately 70 years (well 55 anyway) of burning the candle at both ends as we always said he did, took its final toll. My SIL spent last night with me, and her daughter will fly in tonight and go with my SIL back to their summer home on the river. It's a resort community and she can't face going there just yet. So, we're all doing somewhat better but are still, understandably, fragile. My mom is coping and I do hope this doesn't affect her health, but she's a resilient person and do hope she can cope with another tragedy in her life.

Mac, glad to see you check in...and I'm so glad to hear about the improvement in your cough, and your ability to do the water aerobics. I've been trying to get started in the pool again, but alas haven't made it. I'll use you as an incentive!

Sab, want to come to my house? I'll make vegan, no sugar, health food treats if you'll clean. Hmmm...guess I'll have to offer several days lodging too to allow you time to get it all done.

Yep, Kate, just keep that warrior coat wrapped closely around you. It is so wonderful this treatment is working, and what's potentially 8 extra weeks if it gives you complete relief from all this nightmare. The gals here are great at steering you back to the right path and supporting you along the way.

Janis....you should plan on coming over as soon as Sab gets my house cleaned. A garage sale will definitely be in order. However, I insist that you don't overdo it this week. Easy does it. It's taken years to accumulate this stuff, and your health isn't worth trying to get rid of it all in 1 week.

Bunkie....I'm so sorry to hear about the migraines. Yet another reason to get back out west?

Cindy and Gigil, I'm so sorry you both have to deal with A. Fib situations. Cindy, I'm glad he's stable, but how difficult for both of you. I think you deserve an extra glass of Kate's wine.

Josie, we're going to have to come give you a bit of a lesson on uploading photos to photoBucket or shutterfly or something. We're all anxious to see the pics.

Have a good evening everyone

• katehudson25
    edited June 2013

Sew, I am so sorry about your brothers death. My prayers are with you and your family

Bunkie I hope your migraines go away soon. I thought of you Friday when my friend and I went to happy hour on Venice beach, and shopped on Abbott Kinney.

xoxo,

Kate