Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Radiation recovery

Comments

• josie123
    josie123 Member Posts: 1,749
    edited December 2013

Kate, Chemo related? Is there anything they can do? Is it better?Thank you for your nice comment about the kids.So your son is 6`3 .Wow he's a tall one too.

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited December 2013

Oh my goodness...DS arrives from SFO in about 15 hours from now....I need to sleep and wake up refreshed to finish making up the beds and wrapping the gifts lying around....a few more cookies to make...and a quick trip to get gift cards.  i don't want to be all stresed when DS arrives.
    Hugs to all,

Joan

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited December 2013

Joan, isn't it amazing how productive we can be with a deadline!  

• TeamKim
    TeamKim Member Posts: 301
    edited December 2013

RunFree, Joan & SAB -- Hang in there with the grading.  My grades weren't  due for my 4 (!) classes until after Christmas, but I forced myself through it during finals week to get them all posted by the time my DS came home from college.  It was really really rough getting through chemo with a full load of classes and 30-40 students in each.  I am hoping that my interterm class and the 3 in the Spring are a little easier, despite rads starting in late January.  I work on an annual full time instructor contract, though, so I thought the dedication might pay dividends in my dean's decision to renew me for next year.

Josie -- your kids are darling!  My DS is only a couple inches taller taller than me at age 18, but both my DH and I are taller than our parents, so there are a lot of short genes in the family, lol!  

Happy holidays to all you radiant ladies!  Over on Winter rads, we are all reading along with you to help us know what to expect -- you have helped us so much!

• LaurieParr
    LaurieParr Member Posts: 214
    edited December 2013

Thank you all for your love and advice. I am sad to say that my RO never returned my call. I do not believe that is his nature and so my message probably fell through the cracks.  I will have to wait until after the holidays now, but I appreciate all of you giving me help.

I wish you all a happy and HEALTHY holiday!  Love you all!

Laurie

XOXOXOXO

• RunFree16
    RunFree16 Member Posts: 649
    edited December 2013

Laurie, that's crazy about your RO not returning your call!!!  Not supposed to happen!  It seems impossible to believe there's no one around until after the holidays.  Do people undergoing rads at this time of year just take a week off???

TeamKim, I'm so sorry you felt you had to work TOO MUCH despite having cancer in order to have your contract picked up for next year.  And I don't doubt you.  That's too many students no matter what your contractual situation and no matter what your health.  I'm in awe that you got your grades done so early!  

I am still waiting for one or two kids who said their stuff was coming.  One guy has already failed this required course once, so I really want him to pass.  But seriously, at some point I'm just going to have to cut the cord.

• josie123
    edited December 2013

Team Kim, glad to hear you got your grading done so you can enjoy the holidays.

Thanks for the nice comment about the kids.

Laurie, sorry that RO didn't call you back.Call him back until you get an answer.

Joan, hope you got all your errands done.Don't wear yourself out before the holidays

It's not worth it.

Glad to report Andy is doing better.He is taking the Tamiflu.

• katehudson25
    katehudson25 Member Posts: 1,939
    edited December 2013

Josie, I am not sure what you are asking when you said chemo related. Is there anything they can do? Is it better? I probably don't understand because I have been drinking a lot of Chardonnay lol

• josie123
    edited December 2013

Kate, I was speaking of the rash.Does it have to do with the Chemo?

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited December 2013

Merry Christmas you "RAD-icals" Love you and hoping your holidays are as awesome as you all are!

Happy and Healthiest New Year that you can muster too.

xoxoxo

• katehudson25
    edited December 2013

Josie, doc does think the rash is from chemo. My rash is not better, and it seems there is nothing I can take for it. Thank God it only itches once in a while. I asked doc if it will ever go away and he said maybe. I don't think there is that much known about chemo rashes. I have seen 5 dermatologists, and they are wishy washy about it. Thanks so much for asking

April Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to you and to all of my bc sisters

I am having 74 for Xmas Eve and 77 for Xmas day, so no white Xmas for me

I am just getting ready to brave the mall and get a last minute, gift plus I am hoping to score a pretty sweater for me.

• josie123
    edited December 2013

Kate, sorry that they can't do much about the rash.I'll take the 74 degree weather 

It's like 7 ° here or at least it was when we woke up this morning.The high was supposed to be 23°.But Christmas day is going to be a heat wave .The high will be in the 40's.

Merry Christmas April and everybody.

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474
    edited December 2013

Merry Christmas to all of my friends who celebrate.  Enjoy, and for those of us in the colder climates, stay warm!  Josie I hear you, we have not been above freezing during the daytime in several weeks.  In fact it has been a long time since we have seen 40.  This week we hover in the low 30's during the day and teens at night.  Last night we had freezing rain and the black ice today was terrible.  We went to our neighbor's tonight and joked that it was probably more dangerous to walk across the street than to drive across town!  We made it safely and are settling in for a quiet evening.  Heading to bed soon I am tired.  I am feeling great though and enjoy every single good day.

Wishing all of you a wonderful day with friends, family, and an abundance of love and good health!

• wyo
    wyo Member Posts: 165
    edited December 2013

Merry Christmas to those who Celebrate- Its a time of year to reflect on everything that has transpired and plan for 2014.  I hope all goes well for all of us.

• SAB
    edited December 2013

Amen to wyo, and a very Merry Christmas to my bc sisters who celebrate.  Good health and happiness to you all.

• katehudson25
    edited December 2013

Merry Xmas to those who celebrate. Instead of a white XMAS I had 78 degrees and sunny. It is a gorgeous day. I hope Santa was good to everyone, and I hope all my bc sisters have a very happy healthy new Year

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    edited December 2013

Merry Christmas!

A beautiful 78 in Temecula CA, plenty of food, laughter, family, and stories!  Ah, now the calm and quite as we rest our full bellies ho ho! Think a few are planning the after Christmas sales attack!  So glad I'm in charge of GS and playing outside...muddy shoes, chasing bubbles, throwing dirt...little boys:).  Hubby has 1st infusion tomorrow, yes a last minute change of plan so press on! 

SAB - in your pocket...will be full...think we packed on a few holiday goodies!

Spoke too soon..Oh my, keyboard time...another round of carols :D

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

• katehudson25
    edited December 2013

Cindy so sorry your hubby has to do chemo again. Is he doing cis/gem? With his magic prince chemo coat he will sail through this with our love and support in his pockets.

Sab, I hope your shoulder feels better, and we are in your pockets with love and support

• gigil
    gigil Member Posts: 916
    edited December 2013

Merry Christmas everyone.  Santa was good to me this year.  I have been very busy with my dad lately.  Poor dear is failing.  I hated to leave him, but the grand kids would not hear of my skipping  Christmas.  I am glad I came.  Dad is in Comfort (palliative) care.   One of my sisters has been visiting him often over the holiday.  Run good new about your sister.  Thank God.  Thinking of all of you.  Talk soon!imagem

• katehudson25
    edited December 2013

Gigil, Sorry that your dad has been having problems. I like your new ring.

It is Dec 26 and OMG the temperature is 80. I think we have the warmest weather in the country, beating out Florida and Hawaii.

• SAB
    edited December 2013

Pretty ring GIGI!

Doctor went well today.  She ordered tests. I hope I can get them done before work starts back up. Thank you pocket pals. 

Our mailbox was pried open and bunch of stuff stolen. Someone rushed out and had a party with my new kohls card! I hope they get them.

Sent dd elder back to school today. She came for Xmas but was quickly bored and fidgity to get back to work. Her senior exhibition is coming up in a couple months. 

Any big new year plans???

• TeamKim
    edited December 2013

Cindy -- so sorry to hear that your hubs is in the big boy chair -- hugs to both of you, and may the SEs be minimal.  So glad you have the GS to bring you smiles!

Kate -- this unusually hot December weather feels really good -- took some time to just chill in the sunshine for awhile today.  DS, home from college in upstate NY, headed for the beach with his GF -- he is loving it!

SAB -- that is terrible about your mailbox theft!  I hope the catch 'em -- such an invasion of your privacy, not to mention the inconvenience of trying to figure out what you lost and follow up with law enforcement --- another hassle you don't need!

• LaurieParr
    LaurieParr Member Posts: 214
    edited December 2013

Love to you all....I want to respond to each one, but I get very overwhelmed and my brain gets chaotic. Please know that I read and love each post.

RO's office called yesterday....wow...10 days AFTER I called for help.  I will go in on Tuesday. My guess is they will say it is "normal" after effects of rads, but I just want to be safe. 

Hope you all have a wonderful new year! Love and peace to all of you!

XOXXOXO

Laurie

• TeamKim
    edited December 2013

Hey Laurie Parr -- check out BAseballism website for one of their "Win the Battle" t shirts -- DS surprised me with one for Christmas, and he bought one for himself that he wore to school each day that I had a chemo infusion.  Knew you would appreciate the connection!  

Can't believe your RO took so long to get back to you -- unbelievable!  At least they got you in (but are taking their time -- Tuesday!?) Like they washed their hands of you once the last tx was done!  Hang in there!  (((Hugs)))

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited December 2013

Happy Holidays everyone! My mother in law passed away yesterday from colon cancer that spread to her peritoneum...cancer sucks! Anyway, just wanted to wish you all a Happy New Year as I might not be back on for a bit. Hugs and Gigi, that ring rocks!

Kate, it is 22 here...I will take those 80's!

• josie123
    edited December 2013

April, I'm so sorry about your MIL, I hope she didn't suffer to long.Your right Cancer Sucks!!

Happy New Year to you too.

Laurie glad to hear that RO finally called back

SAB, I can't believe they pried the mailbox open.That's terrible.You ought to check with neighbors to see if anyone has a security camera they could have caught it on that.

Cindy, I'm sorry your Hubby has to do Chemo.

GIGIL, sorry you Dad isn't doing well.

• katehudson25
    edited December 2013

Sab, so sorry about your theft.

Laurie, I hope all goes well

April, I am so sorry about your loss

Sweet wonderful Cindy, I am thinking about you and hubby, and pray he has minimal se

OMG my rash has gotten worse. I now have a rash on my back that itches like crazy at night. It's kept me up for two nights and I look like hell from lack of sleep. I am wondering if it is scabies??? My immune system is a mess from chemo. I am praying my dermatologist is in the office Monday, and that he has time to see me. I hope he is not on vacation all week, or I will have to suffer till Jan 6 when I have an appointment with him for something else. I guess worst case is if he is not in the office this week I will go to ER. Runfree I didn't realize I could catch your rash through the internet lol

Happy New Year everyone! I am already celebrating drinking Chardonnay since 2 in the afternoon to alleviate the itching

Bunkie how are you doing? Did you say something about having company for the holidays? I hope so, and hope you are enjoying yourself

• josie123
    edited December 2013

Kate, Oh That's terrible that the rash has spread.I hope for your sake that it's not scabies.

• SAB
    edited December 2013

Cindy, sorry I missed post about dh…I wish him well!

Josie, I have no neighbors Loopy which is sometimes good and sometimes bad.  Kohls tells me that they catch these people more often than one might think.  They have dates, stores, registers, receipts and security cameras and have tagged my account number.  Go Kohls!  Thank heavens my daughters college account check (for tuition!) came in the mail the very next day! Whew, close call.

Hello So. Cal ladies I hope you are enjoying the sunshine.  It has been lovely in Northern Cal as well and I have gotten plenty of hiking and biking in.  I'm feeling it for my Mid and East ladies.  Stay warm!

• josie123
    edited December 2013

SAB that's just scarey.....no neighbors ,yet these thieves went out of their way to go steal your mail?How isolated are you? That in itself would freak me out. Knowing that there may be criminals lurking in the shadows.We have property in the country and when we got closer neighbors it was kind of unnerving to me because I actually felt safer when we had less people around.Especially people you don't know.They would ride  those darned AT Vs up and down the roads.I can remember staying at the campfire while my husband crossed the creek to get the car .It gets really dark in the country especially by yourself in the dark.I was a little scared.