Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Radiation recovery

Comments

• brooksidevt
    brooksidevt Member Posts: 1,432
    edited December 2013

Josie, I"m quite certain that this is harassment, which is illegal.  Please read the very excellent section in Wikipedia on harassment in the workplace.  I have a lot more to say, but hesitate to bludgeon all our readers--will send you a PM later on.

• josie123
    josie123 Member Posts: 1,749
    edited December 2013

BUNKIE, thanks for understanding.Yeah I am pretty tolerant but do get treated like a door mat sometimes. I have definitely reached my limit and need to get out sooner than later.I am hurt and definitely shocked how they tried to turn things around and make it look like I can't do my job.And to think my office manager tried to make the lady that I trained look like she had it together and she could do no wrong.It's really a shame.She gets the benefits for all the ultrasounds too and this is why my manager who is a ultrasound tech/ RN is not pressuring her.Yet many employees have told me that this women has time to play solitary on the computer.

RunFree, thanks for understanding too.I hope that your sister gets those results really soon.

• josie123
    edited December 2013

Brookside, I look forward to your PM.

I agree, but unfortunately do not have about her job to go to right now.I have been applying but not many recently.I need to be more diligent on finding something soon.It's pretty bad when you have to seek counseling because of how your job is making you feel causing depression,stress,panic attacks.Unfortunately I only had like 6 sessions with my counselor that the cancer center paid for and since he doesn't take my insurance I'm SOL.

• RunFree16
    RunFree16 Member Posts: 649
    edited December 2013

Josie, that stinks about your insurance.  I hope some things shift soon in your local job market.  All you need is one good job!  

My sister HAS NOT HEARD YET.  It turns out the path lab IS internal, but MRI biopsy results are slow, or something.  The liaison called the lab today and found out they had to do "special staining," which is taking more time.  My sister is frantic.

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited December 2013

Checking in...not so cold today.
    I have 2 snow brushes in my car now, and a shovel.  that ought to keep the snow away!

I finished my last class Wednesday PM.  Yay!!!
    Cindy, thatnks for the support...you always hvae the right words, it seems!
    I am surrounded byprojects and have to  get some sleep now.-.

• katehudson25
    katehudson25 Member Posts: 1,939
    edited December 2013

Bunkie thanks for letting me know about Nioxin.

Runfree so sorry your sister has to wait to get results

Cindy I am thinking about you. I think you mentioned that you and hubby had a meeting today with the doctor about infusions. I am praying your hubby will be ok and won't need infusions. We are all in your pockets

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited December 2013

Just a drive-by post to wish all of you a Merry Christmas in case I don't get back here.

Cindy, in hubby's pocket!

Runfree, sister is in my prayers

Joan, it is supposed to POUR RAIN tonight into tomorrow due to lots of warm air coming our way and all the snow will be gone! After all the suffering in driving in it and shoveling it, it will disappear and we will have a "brown" Christmas...ugh!

Ok, gotta run..at work!

• josie123
    edited December 2013

Merry Christmas  to you too April.

RunFree, That is terrible that she still hasn't gotten results.Thanks for your support.

I got the day off due to a sick child.My son has Influenza type A.I called in this morning.Boy is Tamiflu hard to come by in my neighborhood.Had to go to three different pharmacies to find it.

Nurses don't get near enough appreciation.I'm wore out.And tired of the mask thing already.

I'm trying to keep him in his Room as much as can so he doesn't get anyone sick.I'm going to get the baby monitor out so I can hear him if he needs me.

• RunFree16
    edited December 2013

BENIGN!!!  My sister's suspicious spot turned out to be a microscopic patch of ALH.  Phew!!!!  She's going to meet with a surgeon on Monday to talk about whether to excise it under a local or just watch it.  What a roller coaster, but finally we can relax!

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    edited December 2013

Hi y'all

Thanks for being in our pocket and sharing the warrior coat! Infusions still up in air, but I think we will pass at this time...another week for the brain MRI. But we are confident. 

RunFree - Ooo who B9! But oh my what torture...the waiting ugh! Cheers to your sister and kudos to you for hanging tight...oh how that brings back last years waiting...great support sis:)))

Josie - you where the mask!  Ugh seasonal flu and colds 

Joan - yippee break time! Memory making with GKs :)

April - sunny clear beautiful in SoCal...but never really feels like Christmas no snow! Ho ho!

My chair massage drained LE out of my back...measurements were so much better...will gladly $$$ for another next week...not going to wait for freebie.  Headed over to condo to decorate and get it ready for ds&dil    They arrive Sunday am...hope GS stats with us...ha ha should be careful what I wish for...

TGIF...and RunFree yippee !

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

• SusannahW
    SusannahW Member Posts: 375
    edited December 2013

RunFree, how happy I am for you and your sister! This news made my night.  How lucky she is to have a loving and protective sister like you.

• josie123
    edited December 2013

RunFree, Congrats for your sister !!!! What a relief!!Smile

• katehudson25
    edited December 2013

Josie, Sorry your son is ill, and hope he will feel better soonj

Runfree, Happy dance so glad your sister's mammo is benign

Cindy so glad you can pass on the infusions, and pray your hubby's brain mri will be negative

I had possible good news today. I asked doc if the leg swelling definitely means my tumors have increased and he said no. We talked about clinical trials, and he said the one that would be best for me would be immune therapy. The drug has nothing to do with hair loss YEAH! I am not eliigible until July, because it has to be three years past my breast cancer. I am not scheduled for a CT scan to see if the tumors increased or remained stable until after my surgery in February. I am praying that my tumors remained stable, so I won't require chemo, and can do the immune therapy instead

• josie123
    edited December 2013

Congrats on the good news Kate.

Thanks for the concern about my son.He has a very strong gag reflex and I tried to get him  to take some Tylenol.It didn't end well.And this of course was before dinner.He did however keep down the Tamiflu.

Sorry I hope it wasn't TMI...Scared

• RunFree16
    edited December 2013

Oh Josie, you're having a tough week!  Sorry about your little guy being so sick, but it's hard on the mom too.  Do you have any liquid Tylenol around?  What a drag.

Kate, that is wonderful news!  Now there's yet another thing to be hopeful about!

Thanks all for the congratulations about my sister's biopsy.  I think we have all been holding our breath for 8 days waiting for these results.  Susannah, you share a name with my sister so it's extra special to see your post!

• josie123
    edited December 2013

RunFree , yeah he definitely can't do the liquid due to the flavoring.Just the smell of it will make him gag.He actually swallowed 2 Tylenol last night w/o gagging. But no luck today.We used to use the Tylenol supository but he is getting so tall and now weighs like 162# .They only make in junior strength.I have decided as long as he isn't running a high fever than I'm not going to fight him.I'm just happy he is taking the Tamiflu which is a capsule that I open into pudding.

• RunFree16
    edited December 2013

Wow!  Is it worth trying to smash a Tylenol or two and put them in the pudding as well?  Goodness gracious.  I sure hope he feels better soon.  It's amazing how big kids get--when they used to be such little peanuts!  My boy at 13 is going to be taller than me in about 10 minutes, and I'm not cool with it.

• josie123
    edited December 2013

RunFree, yes I was thinking about doing that too because the Tylenol we have is the actual pills not caplets.He is 5'11. He's way taller than meSmile

• RunFree16
    edited December 2013

Oh my goodness that's so tall!  How old was he when he became taller than you?

• josie123
    edited December 2013

I don't know probably 13 or 14 yrs old.

• RunFree16
    edited December 2013

Yikes.  I have to wrap my head around this. 

• josie123
    edited December 2013

RunFree ,

this picture was taken in May2012   on Andy's 14th birthday
  • RunFree16
    edited December 2013

WOW!!!  Tall boy!  My son says he's among the shortest boys in his 8th grade class.  He's about 5' 5", which is how tall I am, and my daughter too.  He'll be 14 in April so I can guess he won't be as tall on his 14th birthday as Andy was on his.  I've been a bit spoiled by my kid's rather late growth, I guess!  Your kids are adorable by the way.

• josie123
    edited December 2013

Enjoy it while you can pretty soon you will be getting a cramp in your neck from looking up at him.

Thanks BTW for your nice comments about the kids.

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited December 2013

Josie, what a week you've had....I hope by now DS is feeling better and able to keep something down.  Love your pics...beautiful kids...just like mom!  You are in the throes of "anything can happen and does" these days....I can say I do not miss the unexpected here...hang in there!

Kate...hope your news continues to be good and provide options you feel comfortable with. 

Runfree, it seems like it was more like a month since your sis had her testing.  So glad it's B9. 
    Are you officially "done"?  Did you submit grades?  I am grading one last class and it's taking forever.  I lost my momentum.

It's busy here....house is mostly decorated but I want to do more (no time).....presents are mostly purchased but I need a few more....(no time).....house is about 2/3 cleaned for guests who arrive in fewer than 48 hours.    I just have to keep pushing.

Good news - I finally got the final piece to finish the bath I started renovating in May.  We went slowly and now it is done!  I love the vanity top and it all ties together.  

Cindy, hugs and prayers for you and DH...I hope you get lot of special time with your GS...
    I noticed that you are just a year out of dx...wishing you continued healing and a wonderful year ahead!

Time for sleep...

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited December 2013

Josie I love the pictures!  So tough when kids are sick. I hope your guy feels better by the time you get this.

Kate, brave and adventurous as always--I hope that the new treatment protocol you want is available to you.

Plowed through the last day of work for the year…campus closure means no work (and little pay) for the next two weeks.  I am going to see the doctor for increasing shoulder pain on Thursday.  I'm a little worried because I had an appointment for after the new year when my new insurance kicked in, and the doctor called to tell me to come in sooner because of my BC history.  If anyone is not too tired after all the holiday festivities I hope you'll jump in my pocket for this one.

Made steel cut oats with cranberry and walnut this morning, and then hiked and hot tubbed.  Went grocery shopping to avoid the rush later in the week, made white bean hummus for lunch, sugar free peanut butter cookies and whole grain pilaf tonight. Ahhh what a nice day.

Big hugs to all of you ladies…our festivities are over early this year, but I am thinking of all of you who celebrate Christmas and wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

• brooksidevt
    brooksidevt Member Posts: 1,432
    edited December 2013

Gee, SAB, such a worry!  I'm sure rooting for a pulled muscle or the like, something a few rounds with a physical therapist will quickly take care of. 

So happy for all you academics finishing the semester.  Do please remember to step back, breathe, rest, relax, detox from all the stress, recharge your batteries, and take oodles of "me" time.  I hope all the rest of you wrangle some extra down time to do the same.

I still remember, by the way, the peculiar sinking feeling when I realized my first son was taller than me.  That, shaving, driving, and, OMG, marriage.  All of those threw me for a loop.  I also remember the special kind of caring that a sick kid brings out--sure hopin, Josie, your boy is back on his feet by now.

Wishing everyone lots of holiday joy and nix on the traditional holiday exhaustion.

• RunFree16
    edited December 2013

Joan, I'm not done grading either! I also lost my momentum with one class to go.  It's a nasty one to grade, dozens of tiny assignments x 20 students, and I have lots left to do that came in this past week.  I'd be going shopping today except we're having icy weather, so I am thinking I'll try to hunker down and get it done.  Our grades aren't due until 12/27, but I am soooo ready to put this semester behind me!  Brookside, you bet I'll take oodles of "me" time.  I love our calendar:  we don't go back until 1/27.  January is always a great time for me to pull myself together, and while I have lots of work to do, I enjoy making plans and recharging every year.  That is, until last year, when my mother's back fell apart on Jan. 3, and I started into my appointments on Jan. 7 and then got diagnosed.  So it will be a thought-provoking January this time, but I'm very grateful to have the time to pause.  

SAB, I'm sorry your pay isn't equalized across the academic year.  That seems like an unnecessary source of instability.  And now another worry from your shoulder, shoot.  Sounds like your doctor is being extra jumpy.  Worst case scenario of course is bone involvement, but Susan Love says that is a pretty slow mover.  And anyway shoulders are so complicated, as you know, and zillions of muscle and ligament things can go wrong.  You bet we'll be in your pocket on Thursday! I for one will be taking up a little more space in there, after all the holiday food and less exercise.  I absolutely love what you eat, and that your day yesterday also included a hike and a hot tub.  That's the life!

Kate, did the doctor on Friday have any insight into your rash?  (Sorry if you answered this and I missed it.)

Josie I too hope your boy is feeling better by now.  Are you still wearing the mask?  Can he still curl up with you somehow?  My son promised when he was about 10 that no matter how tall he gets, he will ALWAYS be willing and able to sit in my lap.  We'll see about that.  I can tell he's poised to shoot up because he's suddenly shaped differently.  Plus he's starting to get acne.  Sigh.  So far he's still incredibly sweet to me, but sometimes he gets just weird and can't focus on anything, which I have to assume is hormones run amok.  Brookside, shaving???  Help. 

• josie123
    edited December 2013

RunFree, Brookside, Joan, SAB, thanks for the concern about my son.He is doing much better.His fever broke yesterday.He is religious about getting that Tamiflu so He can be better and participate in Christmas.His cough is still very bad and yes I'm still wearing the mask.He is trying to wear the mask as he comes down from his Room.The doctor said his lungs sounded clear on Friday but he can be contagious for up to a week I think.I read that the virus can be spread up to 20 ft just by sneezing.They told me as long as he has been fever free for up to 24 hrs and he feels ok then Christmas is a go.I think I over did the Mommy thing on Friday. Andy was like "will you just leave me alone for a while?" I had been checking on him and his fever like once or twice an hour.Couldn't help it.

Joan, glad to hear your off for a while.You deserve it. Enjoy the break and the holidays.Thanks for the compliments about the kids.They are a lot prettier than their mom.They sure didn't get the looks from me.Happy Holidays.

SAB, I'm sure that shoulder is nothing but muscle or ligaments but I will be in your pocket for sure on Thursday.Sounds like you eat pretty healthy.Your breakfast sounded delicious except the walnuts since I'm allergic.I wish I could eat healthier .I went off my weight watchers since hubby wasn't in to it.I will resume after the holidays.If nothing else just to make sure I get my fruit and veggies.Merry Christmas to you too.

BROOKSIDE, He's not far from shaving.They grow up too fast.Happy holidays to you too.

RunFree, Andy is not a smuggler he never has been.One night I was sitting on his bed trying to talk to him about his concerns about his finals and his feeling and he was like Ok Mom please move out of my personal space too close.I guess when he was little he did like me to hug him tight or lay next to him to settle him down for the night.Now he's just too big for that.But I know he still loves me though.

• katehudson25
    edited December 2013

Josie, Runfree, Sab and Joan thanks for the support

Josie, you and your children are beautiful. My son is tall too. I am 5'3, my daughter 5'1, and my son is 6'3. I am so glad your son is feeling better

Runfree, the doctors are saying the rash is chemo related.

Joan, I am glad you are happy with your bath renovation. Enjoy your guests

Sab, so sorry about your shoulder pain. Of course I will be in your pocket as well as the rest of your bc sisters.