Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Radiation recovery

Comments

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited May 2014

Hoping that Kate's doctor friend can help! Praying hard for her...really scared at this point. Ugh!

Only have a moment but wanted to check in to see if Kate stopped in...guess not.Scared

• 70charger
    70charger Member Posts: 591
    edited May 2014

Have to agree with runfree,  give her friend a call.

• BigDBeatingBigC
    BigDBeatingBigC Member Posts: 228
    edited May 2014

I am so worried about Kate.  I sure hope someone gets a response from her soon.

I am having a brain CT on Saturday, so could use a few of you in my pockets.  I am sure it will be okay, but of course the waiting for the results are the worst.

Thanks for your responses.  Yes, Brookside, I am on Letrozole and I did stop it for 3 weeks because I thought it could be causing my equilibrium issues.  It is not vertigo, we know that.  I went back on the Letrozole once I knew it was not causing my issues.  I even went to ER one day when it first started and I could hardly walk, and they told me everything checked out and sent me home with vertigo medicine -- which of course did nothing for me.  The ENT is treating me for Meneire's but is not sure that is what it is.  I fell months before I had any problems with equilibrium.  It is just very strange and I feel bad every day now, I just push myself through work and try to keep a smile on my face, but I am worried.  I am afraid they won't be able to diagnose me and this will be my forever normal and that would be terrible.  I guess I am just so tired of seeing so many doctors and having so many tests,on top of the BC, it is just getting to be a lot to handle.  I guess I am just feeling sorry for myself but it happens from time to time.

Keep praying for our Kate!

• MostlySew
    MostlySew Member Posts: 1,311
    edited May 2014

big D, I'll be there Saturday.  I sure hope this give you a definitive answer about what this is, and some sort of simple way to cure it.....good thoughts coming your way.  You've had enough to handle, so let's get this cleared up quickly...

• josie123
    josie123 Member Posts: 1,749
    edited May 2014

Big D I will be in your pocket too sweetie !!

• josie123
    edited May 2014

This hasn't been a good week for me as far as losing people in my life.My neighbor died, went to that funeral Tuesday, then this young lady I went to college with lost her baby girl on Tuesday.She was a seemingly healthy little baby girl that just stopped breathing.So sad. Then my brother told me he had prostate cancer.His mother-in-law lost her battle with Lung Cancer last night.My oldest DD told me she broke up with her boyfriend today.

I hope we get some good news soon.Although personally I think it's a blessing my DD broke up with her BF.He was not treating her right and downed her every chance he got.

• brooksidevt
    brooksidevt Member Posts: 1,432
    edited May 2014

Here's to a perfectly perfect brain scan, Big D, and a really quick diagnosis of something totally insignificant and shortlived. If I recall correctly, meds for vertigo never did much for me except making me feel I was constantly underwater, so if they're not working for you, maybe that's just good news.  Will certainly be with you on Saturday.

• Redheaded1
    Redheaded1 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited May 2014

Big D---i'm kinda claulsterphobic, and this pocket stuff is new to me, so I  will send my Guardian Angel to you on Saturday.  she can perch on the CT machine and watch over you.   But you gotta send her back to me soon as you are done!

(you will feel a warm tingle when she gets there and when she leaves)

• SusannahW
    SusannahW Member Posts: 375
    edited May 2014

big d-in your pockets or holding your hand through the whole scan.  Doctors are so careful with us, it is probably something perfectly innocent.

Josie, sorry for the tough week, it can really get you down.

Thanks to all who are working to track kate down-so worried.......and where is bunkie?

• lemon68
    lemon68 Member Posts: 301
    edited May 2014

Big D I will also come along in your pocket for the test. I will bring bravery with me and put it in your hand, with Red's Angel there your going to be just fine.

I keep hoping Kate will show up. More than a little worried. I thought Bunkie was going out to the westcoast am I mistaken? I hope wherever she is she is well and happy.

Josie, sorry for your losses this week. Tomorrow is a new day and I hope it is uneventful for you.

I see my PS tomorrow. On the outside I look like I am healing well. I am still swollen, just huge. I am to be nice normal C cups when this is done, right now I have huge Ds if not DDs! Yikes.. and they are hard, bumpy and heavy. Not so glamorous! I have been taking pics so will be posting on the Photo Forum soon. I am a bit embarrassed but I would love honest opinions and I know I will get that from you all. I will let you know. If I can help one person it will be worth it.

Hope the sun shines brightly for each of you tomorrow.

• MostlySew
    edited May 2014

yes, we're missing both Bunkie and Janice, although I expect Janice is home baking for the pocket party for big D or riding her bike with Pistol her cat on her shoulders.  I also hope someone finds Kate soon.  Wish we had a valid contact number for her.

Lemon, brave you for posting pics, but you're right, it may well help someone else going thru your surgery.  Hopefully tomorrow you're going to hear that the swelling is normal and will go down.  Perhaps some gentle LE type massage will help, later after you're all healed.

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited May 2014

My email to Kate keeps bouncing back--don't worry I think it's my problem not hers.

Lemon, I hope you love your results. It must be hard to wait. Did your doc say how long the swelling would take?

Big D I'm climbing into your pocket.

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    edited May 2014

Hi y'all

Yes, call Kate's friend!  Praying all is well...

BigD - big pockets for Saturday...ooommmm we will keep you in the calm zone with warm angle hugs:) good results

Lemon - here's to a good report, speedy healing, and brave you posting pics...encouraging :) soothing down to perky Cs sorry that it takes so long and there's so much discomfort...better days soon...almost a month!

Off for a few days on mini road trip!  Fingers&toes crossed for great weekend and good news from Kate!

RunFree - are you still running a 1/2 marathon?

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited May 2014

hello friends,

Lots going on here.  

Lemon it sounds like you are on your way to recoery and a great new look.  

Am joining the pocket party and hoping for good results. 

Josie I am so sorry for your losses.  Maybe Dd's news is , as you say, for the best.  I always have a tough time with change. 

Ladies we have surpassed 10,000 posts here and that is just one more reason to party. 

Brookside, glad you contacted the mods.  

On another thread we had a bolunyary buddy list where we would share contact info with at least one person. My family would not know to contact BCO but if someone has a phone # or family member info then it would be possible to find someone.  

I always felt strongly that BCO is anonymous for some, and we cant push too hard. Tough call when someone goes missing. 

• RunFree16
    RunFree16 Member Posts: 649
    edited May 2014

Big D, I'm in your pocket with the others, and we'll toss a party blower up to Redheaded's guardian angel so she can join right in.  It's going to be a little rowdy!

Josie, my goodness, you are having a rough time.  Way too much bad stuff.  I agree though that it's good for your daughter to ditch the bad boyfriend, although it might be making her sad right now.  She deserves someone who will respect and admire her.  Do you know much yet about your brother's prognosis?  That is horrible, horrible, horrible about your friend's baby, and your brother's MIL.  His wife must be a mess.

Who gets to call Kate's PS friend?  I think we should all PM 6-10 others on here and give real contact into.  The thread 70charger found is good, but maybe a little elaborate.

Cindy, yes I'm running a half-marathon on Sunday.  Just among us friends (and the running thread), I will say that I'm quite nervous.  I got so busy and did not have enough time to train, and I had a couple of weeks of inexplicable muscle soreness that I'm thinking might have been the Tamoxifen.  Now my back and hip are acting up.  My friend who was going to do it with me had to drop out, and we couldn't find anyone to stay with the kids.  So on Saturday I'm driving 90 minutes to stay in a B & B alone, getting up at 5 on Sunday, getting on a bus that will drive the length of the run (I don't like that model, because it feels like a huge distance--I'd much rather do a loop), then getting dropped off 13.1 miles from done.  My family and my mom will meet me at the end, and there will be massages and pictures and that will be good.  I am telling myself 1) you can walk a half-marathon if you have to, although in this race if I average more than 13 minutes a mile they'll probably put me in the van, so I'll probably walk 1 minute every 5 or so; 2) it's going to be a beautiful day and a beautiful course, going through 4 classic VT covered bridges, which will be pleasant; and 3) I've raised well over $1000 for the family stay-over house affiliated with the teaching hospital where I did my surgery, which will help a lot of people.  In truth, if it weren't for the charity aspect, I'd drop out.  Lesson learned:  I can't train for a long race during the semester.  When I did a half-marathon and full marathon three years ago, I was on sabbatical and had lots of time.  I'm sure I'll survive.  It's just going to be kind of scary and long--but I really am going to try to accentuate the positive, which is always good practice.

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited May 2014

Run, be careful and remember what you wrote about the scenery and walking if needed.  I would feel better if it were a 5k!   Maybe fall ra es are best after summer. A pocket party woukd be fun but it would slow you down Loopy

In my post it should have said voluntary buddy list. (I can't type lately)

Glad it is Friday. My first 2 classes were a challenge. Today I have budget deadline.  And a hair appointnent at 1:00. Guess I better get up and out. 

Janis are you lurking?

• SusannahW
    edited May 2014

run free, good luck!  Pulling for you that you'll enjoy the run.  I have no doubt that you'll do and be fine.  I agree it's a challenge, but you've done it before.  Lots of training beforehand would have raised your confidence, but you have kept fit and you certainly have the will and spirit to do this!

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited May 2014

Run fast Runfree!

Josie, all I can offer is a big HUG (((((Josie))))

I will be at that pocket party for sure. You are never alone when you have us BigD...promise! We are always ready for a pocket party and we try not to make too much noise but if you hear us, it will let you know we are there with you. xo

As for who is contacting Kate's doctor, I thought it was Gigil? Did I read that? I know her first name is Joyce (Kate's) cause that is my first name and we got a kick out of that many posts ago. So worried about her!

Ok, at work so running away as usual....praying we find out something about our warrior princess soon!

• edwards750
    edwards750 Member Posts: 1,568
    edited May 2014

Redhead- I have the same affliction so I am sending a guardian angel too BigD. 

Runfree- good luck. I admire people who can run - never been able to do that. My brother always runs the St. Jude marathon. 

Josie - tragic days for you. I can't imagine losing a baby. Maybe they got the prostate cancer early. They did with a friend and my father n law and they are fine; they were DX years ago. 

Lemon - hope the swelling subsides soon. You have had a lot to deal with 

Hope all our prayers kick in soon and we hear something about Kate. 

Diane 

• Dogsneverlie
    Dogsneverlie Member Posts: 164
    edited May 2014

Hello!

Been a little while since I have been out here, catching up with all the posts and wanted to say HI to everyone.  Met with MO yesterday - having a bone density next week to see if I should go on Arimidex vs. Tamoxifen (had a full hysterectomy at 38....man, 12 years ago!).  An Arimidex blog just reopened so I've been trying to catch up in there as well and read.

Wanted you all to know that even though I don't post as much, I read A LOT and you are always in my thoughts.

Donna

• 70charger
    70charger Member Posts: 591
    edited May 2014

OK, so I took the plunge & e-mailed Kate's Dr. friend.  fingers crossed for a reply.

• SusannahW
    edited May 2014

thanks 70 charger!  

• josie123
    edited May 2014

Dogsneverlie, welcome back and good luck with that bone density.Easiest test you'll ever have.I do them for a living(bone density tech).

RunFree, yes I did find out my brothers got Stage 2 prostate cancer.He chose not to have it removed just radiated.Most men have it removed.

Diane, thanks for your support also.Yes it's been a rotten week.

• lemon68
    lemon68 Member Posts: 301
    edited May 2014

Good report from PS today, healing well. He is going to give the side swelling 3 more weeks then see if he can drain some fluid if it is fluid. He said no worries in Stage 2 they will reshape and take care of everything. I took new pics today so plan on posting this weekend for all the BC world to see my big knockers..:) I am feeling pretty good tonight. Thanks to each of you for your support, its been tough but I am tougher.

Charger thanks for sending that email. I just know Kate wouldn't not come and post and I know she knows we would be worried. Scary, really scary. Will keep praying.

Runfree- What a great accomplishment running the marathons. A lot to be proud of, I am sure the house is so grateful for your donation to them. Hope it is an enjoyable run for you. I would love to be able to run. I am a walker, although a fast walker just never could run without looking odd. I have no rhythm so any exercising task has always been hard for me. We wont even talk about dancing or clapping at the same time as others as I am a epic fail! LOL

• josie123
    edited May 2014

Lemon, glad to hear all was well with PS

OK now I have a weird rash?  Insides of my lower legs, not terribly itchy but not sure where it came from

• BigDBeatingBigC
    BigDBeatingBigC Member Posts: 228
    edited May 2014

Thank you everyone, I knew you would all make me feel better!  I am ready for the test tomorrow, will be a piece of cake.  I am sure the lesion will turn out to be nothing.  I had a bone scan in February, and if there had been something in my forehead bone, where this spot supposedly is, it would have turned up then.  So just need a confirmation that it is nothing.  I appreciate you all coming along with me!  You all are the best.

Josie, wow, what a week for you!  That is a lot to have to deal with.  It all seems to hit at once at times, doesn't it?  Has to get better from here, I am hoping for a much quieter next week for you.

Lemon, never be embarrassed, not in here with us.  What you are doing is brave and I know it will help others.  I am proud of you.  And happy for your good report.

Runfree, I will be thinking about you on that 1/2 -- geez if I could run even a mile I would be happy -- but I am working on dropping weight and counting the little victories so maybe one day ....

Redheaded, all angels are welcome!  I will be happy to return her to you after tomorrow morning. :)

Cindy, have a safe trip and have fun! 

Welcome back to us, Dogsneverlie, I have not had a bone density test yet, but I hear they are easy, which is always a good thing!

Thank you again, ladies, I love each one of you more than you will know.  Kate, I am praying for you and so hoping for some news soon.

A great weekend to all!

• josie123
    edited May 2014

Thanks BigD, I'm glad your at ease about your test Tommorrow.Please keep us posted.

BTW the rash may be from the French toast I ate this morning.I don't usually eat eggs but after having a piece of French Toast the other morning I remember my eye was really itchy, and when I eat raw cookie Dough I get itchy.Weird huh?

• Redheaded1
    Redheaded1 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited May 2014

Josie-if you have an egg allergy, you shouldn't take a flu shot.

• gigil
    gigil Member Posts: 916
    edited May 2014

Hi there.  Just checking in.  I took a quick trip to do an out of school celebration with a couple of my grandkiddies.  My daughter is a substitute teacher and a para and I gave her a much needed night out with her co-workers.  No, I hadn't committed to contact Kate's friend.  I am glad Charger went ahead and did so.  I hope we hear something.  

BigD with you and in your pocket.  I will be cheering loudly when you get a good report.

Lemon, glad you are steadily improving.  My daughter in law had a double MX with reconstruction and she was happy to show her boobs to anyone who asked  about it.  Her goal was to show it doesn't always have to be negative.  There can be a nice result.

Run, I admire the heck out of you for taking this on.  You are a warrior!  Just do your best and enjoy the doing of it.  You rock!

Cindy, are you fly fishing?  Can't remember what this excursion was going to be.

I think Bunkie was going to have her male friend visit this spring, and maybe check out Las Vegas as a future home.

Hi to everyone else.  SEW I am knitting my first baby afghan.  Excited to give it a try.  Simple pattern.

Josie, try some Cortaid.  Maybe it is a contact allergy.  If it was from food, I think the rash would be more widespread.

Hi to everyone else.  Thinking about you!

• MostlySew
    edited May 2014

Gigil, congrats on starting your first baby afghan.  I'm sure you'll enjoy knitting it.  I find it quite soothing to knit....when I'm not in a hurry to finish. Loopy Baby and toddler clothes are so much fun to knit.