Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Radiation recovery

Comments

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited June 2014

Congratulations RunFree! Sounds like you ran a good race...good for you girl!

I am VERY worried about Kate...had a very bad dream and it was all jumbled up, but I am one of those "premonition" people...and my thoughts were not specifically about her, but it still makes me nervous....sigh

So wish we knew her last name. Are there any posts that she posted from her facebook page on here in the threads. If so and we click on them, maybe that will give us her last name. It seems I remember her posting family photos from her facebook page but I can't seem to find them and I am at work and don't have a lot of time. Can someone look back about 6 months? I know it is a lot to look at, but it might work?

I will do so on my lunch if no one else can do it. Let me know.

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited June 2014

Respect and congrats to you Runfree!  Great accomplishment, and very inspiring too.

April, I do know Kate's last name, and I searched Facebook but could not find her.  I am torn between our growing concern and her right to privacy.  I think it is fine to contact her friend, but I'm not sure that I want to go any further.  I hope and pray that she will check in soon.

• MostlySew
    MostlySew Member Posts: 1,311
    edited June 2014

WooHoo RunFree...well done!  Once the aches and pains subside you'll only remember the challenge won.

Brookside and RunFree Good subject that desire/productivity question after BC.  I'm retired so my time is my own however after BC I really didn't want to do a thing.  I'm normally quite creative and active and work on many things but meeting with fiber groups or starting new projects just didn't call to me.  The good news is that now 3 years out from diagnosis and 2 1/2 out from finishing treatment my creative urge is back and the lethargy seems to be gone.  I still don't go out and about as much as before BC but some of the activities I was doing needed to be culled anyway.  Now if I could just get up the energy to go buy those new couches I've needed for the last year or order the new counter tops I've needed for 2 years I'd probably feel even better but I just don't want to hassle it.  And money is not the issue as I saved the money for those things 3 years ago.  Think I'll go finish sewing the binding on a new quilt........

• MostlySew
    edited June 2014

Sab thanks for searching Facebook for Kate.  I agree there is a privacy issue here.  I hope Charger hears back from the surgeon she contacted to at least figure out if we're contacting the right Tracy.  The surgeon may not feel she can reveal any private information she may have but it would be good to know we've gotten the right gal. 

• RunFree16
    RunFree16 Member Posts: 649
    edited June 2014

Actually I just found her on Facebook in a jiffy!  I can't see anything on there because we're not friends.  But I will send her a friend request and see if she's maybe checking FB more.  I will also message her there because she won't recognize MY name.

• RunFree16
    edited June 2014

There's very little on Kate's Facebook, but she has one photo with one like, and it's her PS friend, I'm positive.  I'll PM 70charger and ask if it's the name she wrote to.

• april485
    edited June 2014

Thanks SAB and Runfree...even with the privacy issues, I am thinking she would understand that we are very concerned about her and that we did not have a lot of choices in terms of contact so hopefully her Doctor friend will respond. I just know her name is Joyce F...not sure what the F stands for. Can you search Santa Monica papers to see if her name comes up? I sure hope it doesn't though...sigh.

• lemon68
    lemon68 Member Posts: 301
    edited June 2014

Runfree- CONGRATS on the run!!!!

I am really worried about Kate too. I understand about the privacy but she has shared her current life story here and there has got to be a reason she hasn't come on. She cares too much to not log in if she could.

• april485
    edited June 2014

Lemon, I so agree with you about Kate not wanting us to worry. She would post if she could. I just know it!

BTW, LOVE the photo of you. You are gorgeous! (wolfwhistle comin your way if I could whistle..lol)

• SusannahW
    SusannahW Member Posts: 375
    edited June 2014

RunFree, and everyone who is trying to reach kate, God bless, good work.  

RunFree , I think trying to reach her through her ps friend on facebook is our best chance. 

• 70charger
    70charger Member Posts: 591
    edited June 2014

http://www.drcordray.com/dr_tracy_cordray_santa_m..    This is the link  GiGil had posted as possibly  Kates friend.  I just went there & e-mailed her.  I think it was the wrong one???  Oh well  LOL  We are not professional detectives so no worries.  rofl!

• MostlySew
    edited June 2014

70charger...I can't get that link to work.  Hmmmm

• MostlySew
    edited June 2014

Ok, I did make this link work:

http://www.drcordray.com/index.php

It does look like the picture of the gal Kate posted here....

• RunFree16
    edited June 2014

Interesting--what I saw on Facebook was the same name in a very different spelling.  Is anybody game to call her, or should I try a FB message?  Since we're not already FB friends, my message would go to Other and she might not see it, but I could also try friending her.  Or someone else can work the Facebook angle--I'll PM you the alternate spelling.

• gigil
    gigil Member Posts: 916
    edited June 2014

i found Kate on Facebook awhile ago and I have also been scanning both the Santa Monica and  Chicago newspapers looking for any word.  I noticed she posted on her surgeon friend's page quite awhile ago.  There is just no other word at this point.  We may never hear.

• gigil
    edited June 2014

RunFree congrats!  I am in awe!

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    edited June 2014

Hi y'all

RunFree - Congrats on run!  A major shout...I am here:) go girl...

Kate - MIA but in our thoughts&prayers.

Sew - I reviewed your link...sure looks like Kate's  Tracy...even the same St Johns medical center...go for phone call and FB message...or anyone ...

Lemon - wow, nice pic...hope more good days now and healing is going well:)

Going to read back a few pages...shout out to all

(((Hugs)))

Cindy

• gigil
    edited June 2014

interesting, Joyce's Facebook page has been made more private since the last few days when I visited it.  I could not see friends and earlier posts when I visited today.  Guess it is time to just passively wait and see.  Also her surgeon friend's personal page is no longer available.  You can find her professional page, however.

• MostlySew
    edited June 2014

GiGil, I'm with you, if the security on those pages has changed then it's time we let up.  Her surgeon must have heard from Charger and apparently did not care to respond.  If both the surgeon and Kate or someone in Kate's stead has changed their security settings then that sends a message.  We may never know what's happened and that's sad because we all care/d about her but perhaps it's best to just send her good thoughts and move on.

• MostlySew
    edited June 2014

Or am I being insensitive?

• gigil
    edited June 2014

i don't think you are being insensitive SEW.  I think we have extended a hand in several directions and we maybe have a signal to back off a bit.  I guess we have to accept that we may never hear anything.  We have possibly been moving toward accepting that.  

• edwards750
    edwards750 Member Posts: 1,568
    edited June 2014

I don't think you are being insensitive at all Mostly Sew. I think you guys have made a herculean effort to see how she is doing. I haven't been on this forum as long as most of you have but in the brief time I have I have followed Kate's journey and know it has really been a hard one yet she still always asked about others and never failed to thank everyone for caring about her. Her last post was really troubling. Hopefully it was not an omen and she is just not able to post.

Diane

• josie123
    josie123 Member Posts: 1,749
    edited June 2014

Sew, no I don't think your being insensitive .Your right there's not much more we can do but pray she's ok.Especially if whoever changed her privacy settings thinks were being too nosey.

RunFree  congrats on the half marathon.That's great!!

Brookside, I am with you on the work thing.I had anouther talking to today and it wasn't fun.Their trying to make it be like the've tried everything in their power to help me but I couldn't become any faster.Well I just about had it today so next on the list send out as many resumes as I can ASAP.I'm fighting mad ,and my 11 yr old shouldn't have too see Mom cry over her job.Tommorow is a new day.Doesn't seem fair.Some people will never know what it's like to struggle financially yet some of us can't even get ahead.If I didn't have that worry I would have quiet today.

• SusannahW
    SusannahW Member Posts: 375
    edited June 2014

I'm glad that we all care about Kate and that we tried in our various ways to get in touch.  I don't see that we can do any more at this point except hope and wait. Diane makes a very good point, that kate always thanked everyone who supported her, and always asked about our lives.  I hope she knows how much she means to us.

• gigil
    edited June 2014

Josie, did you remind them about what you have been going through eith the breast cancer treatment and the after effects?

• josie123
    edited June 2014

GIGIL, no it doesn't seem to matter anymore what I say.I can't seem to defend myself no matter what I say or do.But I will try and get that documentation.It may or may not help.But I can say I tried.

• gigil
    edited June 2014

Josie, it might save your job, or in the alternative give you grounds to collect unemployment and maybe disability.  It will protect you to get this documented.

• lemon68
    lemon68 Member Posts: 301
    edited June 2014

Josie, I agree with GiGi, you have got to protect yourself and not give up. You are your best advocate, you sound so defeated. You have been though a lot in the past 18 months and have shown all of us your a fighter, fight for you. ((HUGS))

So, it looks like Kate was having surgery on 5/15 if I read it correctly. Could she have been in hospital and moved to a rehab facility? I am unsure what the surgery was for exactly. It is odd her FB setting have changed. I agree all we can do is pray. I haven't always posted like I used to, I was gone for months but I always came on to read posts. She has been though so much, I hope she is somewhere recovering and being treated like the Princess she is.

thanks for the avatar comments, I just wanted you all to see who you were talking to. I will probably change it back to my lady bug friend soon. That's just a selfie I took sitting here all natural no make-up etc.. AND a bit glossy eyed from my drugs :)

• josie123
    edited June 2014

Thanks Lemon, yeah normally I am not a quieter but not sure if this job is worth fighting for.I now understand that your health is more important than any job.I've sacrificed my health for this job since the beginning.I knew when I was first started there I had a lump in my Breast.But I remembered what my manager said about not missing any days in your first 90 days.So I waited until my 90th day to call my Dr. Only to wait anouther month before they could fit me in.My doc was furious when he heard that they made me wait.

• gigil
    edited June 2014

Josie, even if you are emotionally finished with the job, it would still be nice to have income from unemployment until you find a new job.  Just protect yourself.

Lemon keep your pic on your avatar.  It is nice seeing each other.  You are very pretty!