Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Radiation recovery

Comments

• SAB
    SAB Member Posts: 1,121
    edited October 2015

Hi Janis. That might call for a picture.

Brookside, no help here. Maybe charger!

• marijen
    marijen Member Posts: 2,181
    edited October 2016

Did he explain why it was worth half? Try to find a similar car like the one you want and see how much it is. Or check cars.com. Need more details. KBB is pretty accurate, butyou are right to question.

• 70charger
    70charger Member Posts: 591
    edited October 2015

kbb is usually pretty accurate. Is the dealership part of a larger chain, if so go to one of their other stores & try to get the same car for a better deal. They should be able to transfer it. Only diff between kbb & what dealer price is, is usually how much the dealer wants to make off of you.

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited October 2015

Try www.truecar.com to make sure you don't overpay for your new car in your area and it will also tell you what your other one is worth. KBB is the bible of prices and so your dealer is trying to make money off of you they don't deserve unless you have unusually high mileage or damage.

• edwards750
    edwards750 Member Posts: 1,568
    edited October 2015

Brookside - those are good websites to go to. I have gone armed with KBB too. Def think the dealership is trying to gouge you. Goid walk away. See how desperate they are.

We did exactly what charger suggested when we bought our Hyundai Elantra. We went to a number of places not just Hyundai when we went car shopping. I checked out a lot of cars and read customer reviews but in the end still wanted a Hyundai.

One dealership was a royal pain and not willing to budge. They were beyond pushy so we went to another Hyundai dealership. Completely different and n fact turns out our salesman sold us a Saturn many years ago when he worked for them. The first dealership bugged us a lot after we left but still wouldn't lower the price. Game over.

Love our new car!

Janis - good to hear from you and everything is k.

Josie- I've worked with someone I wanted to tell off too. Calls for a lot of restraint. Hard to do.

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Diane

• edwards750
    edited October 2015

This year can't end soon enough for me. What's left of my heart is broken. Our two fur babies were run over last night. DH and I were out and DS had friends over. One of them didn't secure the front door and they got out. There is a busy street on one side of our neighborhood and that's where they headed. DS is inconsolable. They died together. DH buried them in our backyard along with our other babies we have lost. The daddy dog is looking for them in the house. They were barely a year old. They knew how much we loved them. I miss them so.

Diane

• brooksidevt
    brooksidevt Member Posts: 1,432
    edited October 2015

What a tragedy, Edwards. We all know how much you loved those pups. There will certainly be a painful emptiness in your house and in your heart. So very, very sorry.

• 70charger
    70charger Member Posts: 591
    edited October 2015

oh Diane!!!! I 'm SO sorry. HUGE HUGGERS ((((((((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))))))))))))).

• Redheaded1
    Redheaded1 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited October 2015

Dianne I am so sorry. Your poor son. (((Hardest of HUGS))))))

• queenmomcat
    queenmomcat Member Posts: 2,020
    edited October 2015

Dianne: my heart goes out to you. And to daddy dog--how do we explain accidental death to them?

• edwards750
    edited October 2015

Thank you everyone. I sure need the hugs. RIP my precious fur babies.

Diane

• SAB
    edited November 2015

Oh Dianne,I am so, so sorry and my heart hurts for you.

• josie123
    josie123 Member Posts: 1,749
    edited November 2015

Diane, I'm so sorry. How sad is that. Your in my thoughts and prayers.

• april485
    edited November 2015

Diane, I don't even have words. Hugs and so very sorry for your huge loss.

Sad

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474
    edited November 2015

Diane how heartbreaking. I am deeply sorry for the loss of those fur babies. How awful.

• MostlySew
    MostlySew Member Posts: 1,311
    edited November 2015

Diane, I can't even imagine the anguish. Fur babies are family members. (((Hugs)))

• brutersmom
    brutersmom Member Posts: 947
    edited November 2015

Diane, I am sooo sorry. The pain is very real.

• edwards750
    edited November 2015

I so appreciate your sympathy everyone. I can't stop crying for my fur babies. The police told my son the driver of the car might sue us for the damage to his car. DH said it was the bumper. My son is so outraged and upset I hope we never find out who the driver was. I'm afraid of what he might do.

The babies father looks lost. He won't let us out of his sight. We are staying pretty close to him too.

I am grateful they didn't suffer.

Diane

• Redheaded1
    edited November 2015

Edwards, if he sues, demand a jury trial.......

• april485
    edited November 2015

I agree with Red. Not a jury ANYWHERE who would inflict more pain on you in the way of damages. That jerk should have his head examined. That is what insurance is for. I would be devastated if I killed not one but two young dogs! I would die if I killed one for pete's sake. Ugh...some people are just as cold as can be. Hugs Diane.

• edwards750
    edited November 2015

I will do just that April and Redhead. I couldn't live with myself if I had done that. Not even an apology to us and esp our son. He took off after the police got there.

We are trying our best to deal with losing them. I can't get the images out of my head. I know it will take time to come to grips with what happened just not now. We have lost fur babies before but never like this. OMG I loved them and miss them so much.

Diane

• josie123
    edited November 2015

Hello everyone, need a last minute pocket party for tommorow. My upper calf in my left leg has been bothering me for a ccouple days. As you know I am on Tamoxofin. For some reason I couldn't just let go of the idea of it possibly being a blood clot. My primary care physicians is in our practice so I saw the nurse practitioner and her student this afternoon. She thinks it's best if I go have a Doppler test done on my leg tommorow. Well I really tried to get of it until after work because we are so busy on Thursday but she's not comfortable letting me wait but I may get to do it at lunch. The hospital is right across the parking lot and hopefully I don't have to miss much work.

• brooksidevt
    brooksidevt Member Posts: 1,432
    edited November 2015

Yikes, Josie. I sure hope it turns out to be nothing, and, yes, do please take the very first appointment they will give you--your number one jub is to take care of yourself. Most of these scans do turn out to be nothing, by the way, and I sure hope yours will fall into that category. In case you're wondering how i happen to know most scans turn out ho-hum, it's because I had a suspicious spot myself. A poor tech had to come in on a Saturday (for double pay), groused a lot, told me in advance that it would turn out to be nothing, and, yes, he was right. hoping for the same for you!

• Redheaded1
    edited November 2015

Yes Josei, get that scan, it won't take long and if it is a clot, you sure don't want it to break in's mooring......Good luck. I am like Brookside, usually it's not hing, but you don't want to take a chance.

• edwards750
    edited November 2015

We are all in your pocket Josie. Glad you are checking it out quickly. No sense worrying yourself about it any longer than you have to, I take Tamoxifen too and have had leg cramp issues. I even thought I had DVT because of redness and heat on the back of my leg. A radiologist who is in our group at church said DVT always causes a lot of pain. Checked it out. It was nothing just overuse of the treadmill and yours won't be anything either. Keep us posted.

Diane

• josie123
    edited November 2015

Thanks everyone. I didn't get the scan today after all . The MA that was supposed to be scheduling it for me said she didn't have time when I asked her at lunch when it would be scheduled. About an hour or two later she was bringing me the order which won't be till Tommorow anyway. It's not really hurting anymore anyway but my appt is for 12:40 tommorow afternoon.I know they have been short handed in internal medicine today but Oh well at least it's scheduled for tommorow.

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited November 2015

Hi, I was out of touch for awhile - just busy and traveling.
    It just seems to be the nature of life lately that we hear such good news intermingled with sad events.
    Diane, I am so sorry to hear about your furbabies...so tragic. You have been through so much and this is so unexpected. And your dear son....there just aren't words for this loss.

Josie, I am hoping for a good report for you. I'm glad you got away and that the job is working out. There will always be someone to "deal with" so hang in there.

Janis, good to hear from you. I think it is good news that you had no issues to report to the MO. We both need to check in more often here.

Bunkie, welcome back....so good to hear from you and I hope you will get stronger as you settle in at home.

Sew, how is your recovery going? It think of you often and hope your continue to get better.

April, your granddaughter (and your daughter) is beautiful! A year already!

Fran, I enjoyed the anniversary suggestions...I wonder what you will do.
    Maybe you can surprise DH by wearing a wedding dress from a vintage or second hand shop. YOu could collect decades of pix or memoriabilia and make a video out of it. It takes a bit of time but it's easy with a Windows moviemaker.

Am heading off to bed....hi to everyone here.

• josie123
    edited November 2015

Joan nice to hear from you. Thanks for checking in and for your good wishes for good results.

Well test is over with. Thanks for everyone's good wishes. The tech told me she didn't find any clots but it doesn't rule out any clots in the calf. She said they don't scan the calf because even if there was a clot most drs don't even treat those because the veins are so tiny it won't pose much a threat.Comforting huh?

But even if I didn't get official results yet I'm relieved everything seems normal. I wasn't happy it took so long to schedule it. The gal from internal med may of been busy but she clearly heard the nurse practitioner ask it to be scheduled for yesterday not today. If she had a possible blood clot she wouldn't of wanted someone to drag their feet.Part of me wishes I didn't see my Drs at work. Conflict of interest kind of. My nurse practitioner didn't realize I hadn't had the test yesterday.She probably wasn't too happy and I probably got a fellow co worker in trouble. Maybe if she cared enough to do her job. Not to impressed with her.

• SAB
    edited November 2015

H Josie. Hi Brookside. Glad all was well.

Janis, did you take pictures of your Halloween cake balls? I remember the table full of Christmas goodies you baked last year, they were so beautiful!

All is well here. Working hard, but taking a few days off just for myself this week. I am wrestling with an aching hip, and will finally need to go in and find out what it is. I was just reading that there are 30 muscles in the hip area, and that it is very difficult to diagnose. Of course my mind goes to Tamoxifen first, but it has been 4 years, so why now? Speaking of Tamoxifen I have a follow up at my MO late this week. I'm pretty sure they will want to make the switch to "big girl drugs" as Sew calls AIs.

Our Thanksgiving plans are made, and I get to see family. I think it's been since July, so I'm super excited. Anyone else make plans yet?

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited November 2015

Hi SAB, sorry to hear your hip is hurting.  I did not realize it was such a complex area, but when I think of what it does, it has to be!  I hope it resolves quickly. I am glad you have made plans to be with family. 
    I also remember Janis's trays of cake balls...so festive! 
    I just had a cortisone injection in my knee and it helped a lot.  What didn't help was that I took a field course in the Blue Ridge hiked over uneven terrain for 3 days;  and waded a stream which really tested my balance. I'm back home and knee is not holding me back at all now. 
    The bad thing is, there is no treatment for my cartilage loss except for a knee replacement if ever I can't walk anymore.  grrrrrrr 

Thanksgiving will be quiet around here. DD#1 will stay in DC (I did get to visit them on my way home from the Appalachians).  DD#2 is going to Thailand with her ex and the kids for a wedding.  DD#3 wanted to host in Massachusetts, but she is separated and has to share the kids who will be coming to Long Island. It made more sense for her to come here... DS#1 is flying from Chicago.  So it will be 6 of us - maybe 7 if Kyle comes from NYC.  What I will miss most is having the grandkids get together. 
    DD#3 will not stay long.  She is allergic to cats and I have the new kitty.  She is allergic to anything smoky so we may have to order a cooked turkey and just do the trimmings.  It is not our usual TG where it is a crowd and chaos.  But life brings changes and I will be grateful for whatever comes our way.
    Caroline (4) broke her leg in October and we are hoping her cast will be off.

Thinking of  all of you who have had difficult times this year, especially health challenges or the loss of friends or family members - including precious pets. 
    Hugs everyone!