Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

mets to lung

Options
1838485868789»

Comments

• brutersmom
    brutersmom Member Posts: 887
    Options

Have you called them? My Dr. won't call me unless I reach out first.

• bookworm14
    bookworm14 Member Posts: 80
    Options

Brutersmom,

Yes,I emailed them to let them know I completed the CT on Tuesday like I normally do. They did not respond so I called on Thursday just to make sure they received it….they said they would contact me when they had a chance to review it. Just hoping they can give me some info before the weekend.

• brutersmom
    brutersmom Member Posts: 887
    Options

What hospital do you use. Sounds like my facility.

• bookworm14
    Options

in St Tammany Parish LA

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,615
    Options

I've had mention of a couple of types of opacities: groundglass and tree-in-bud. I've seen a pulmonologist for them, but he's just keeping an eye on them. They seem to be resolving and may be from inflamation or aspiration due to my esophageal mets. My next scans are at the end of May, so hopefully, they'll continue to resolve. I'm usually not short of breath, but I do check my O2 sats just to be sure.

Carol

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,041
    Options

bookworm, my experience was that a few years ago when I had a lung nodule show up on a scan that was just slightly increased than before, my onc was not concerned. She said if the size had jumped considerably, she would look into it further. So we just monitored the situation, and now it’s a non-issue. Your nodule increase seems like a slight change, so it may be that your onc will want to monitor it with no treatment changes at this time.

• bookworm14
    Options

sunshine99,

Hoping your next scan is good!

• bookworm14
    Options

divinemrsm,

They have been watching a bunch for about two years due the number of nodules and opacities. None have really gotten that big or progressed in that time frame so I am hoping this is can resolve like some others or just not grow!

• bookworm14
    Options

so Pulmonologist says nothing worrisome on the Ct, but still wants to have an appointment by telephone on Monday! Thanks to the ladies that read and/or responded!

• tougholdcrow
    tougholdcrow Member Posts: 27
    Options

I have a 1cm(ish) lung nodule, opposite side of breast cancer. The radiologist thought it suspicious because of slight growth between PET scans, but my onc disputed whether there was really growth or not. (He was also overly optimistic about my bone mets, thinking they were inflammation.) Also, since my tumor and bone mets all shrank with AC-T chemo, the lung nodule should have also, it if were mets. So who knows. There doesn't seem to be any perfect reading of these scans. I guess it doesn't matter in the big scheme of things, since the treatment would be the same either way.

• fossf56
    fossf56 Member Posts: 7
    Options

Hi all, back with results from my right lung biopsy. Not MBC in my right lung, it is stage 1 lung cancer.

Left lung is MBC with lymph node involvement. HER2+, but awaiting FSH results on that. Possibly will have a bronchoscopy on my lymph node.

Tumor board will be discussing my treatment at their next meeting on May 8th. But my oncologist does not think that surgery on both cancers will be an option. Ugh I hate waiting.

• tougholdcrow
    tougholdcrow Member Posts: 27
    Options

oh gosh @fossf56 , what a double whammy! A triple whammy with the worries about insurance. Keep us posted on the treatment plan and I hope you have some good things in your life, too.

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 685
    Options

@fossf56 Ugh sorry to hear this! Sending you strength and positive vibes as you are waiting. We all know how tough the wait can be, hugs….