Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Itchy left nipple

Options

Comments

• MarineWife16
    MarineWife16 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2012
    Options

i had a simililar situation with my first lump my dr was sure was a cyst, made me a ultra sound appt it was over a month away, before i got to the appt, the lump was gone. The waiting sucks.

• momo3esb
    momo3esb Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2012
    Options

I am watching this thread with a great deal of interest since I have the MOST annoyingly itchy nipples and breasts!!! I also have little red bumps on my left nipple. The skin looks somewhat dry, so I put on lotion, bot no difference. It also feels like I have something crawling around around INSIDE of me...it is driving me NUTS! I actually was reduced to tears last night ans yelled at the dog... Short tempered with my son...

I am scheduled for my annual mammo at the end of March, but I don't expect that they will find anything (they never do...) everyone just thinks you are crazy...

• Kaara
    Kaara Member Posts: 2,101
    edited March 2012
    Options

It might just be a fungus....try getting some cream that works for jock itch and see if it helps.  I got that once from my bra that probably got damp when I prespired.

• sarahsmom
    sarahsmom Member Posts: 276
    edited March 2012
    Options

Same as Kaara here - the doc told me that skin fungus issues are a byproduct of menopause, oh joy!  I used athlete's foot creme and things cleared up.

Men have it so easy!

• momo3esb
    momo3esb Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2012
    Options

I have been using hydrocortisone, but not lotrimine. Maybe I'll try that up until my mammo...

• wilson33
    wilson33 Member Posts: 50
    edited March 2012
    Options

momo3esb I am sorry to hear about you itching I know all too well that a cheese grater can sometimes look like your best friend!!! My itching has calmed down but I am burning something wicked.  I have been crippled with migraines and am off to bed now with one and hope the kids want an early night. I am looking forward to an appointment soon, but know deep in my gutt it is nothing serious.  Everyone on here I can't imagine what you are all going through, you are all so supportive to people who have concerns and if I could take this all from you I would in a flash. God Bless you all and tight hugs to those who don't believe. Night all

• CoolBreeze
    CoolBreeze Member Posts: 250
    edited March 2012
    Options

I have a constant itch in my breast too - well, it's not in my breast, it's in my implant on the mastectomy side.  So, there is nothign to really scratch and the skin is numb so I can't feel anything if I try to scratch.  It's phantom pain that manifests itself as continual itching and boy is it annoying!

So, I'm sympathetic to constant itching.  I don't think it's cancer-related either but it's something and hopefully they will get to the bottom of it for you! 

• wilson33
    edited March 2012
    Options

Hi guys.  I have my appointment through for Thursday 22nd at 2pm. I have been spending much time sleeping and feeling sick of late, I think it's the new diet for lent! Dropped 2 dress sizes so can't be too bad. I now take the cheese grater to bed I am having to scratch round the itch now as I am so sore and bleeding I can't scratch it anymore.  I hope all gets sorted and will speak to you after my appointment x

• wilson33
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Thank you guys for all of your suppot and help.  I had a scan today and all was good and nothing showed (thank God) after the nurse telling me what I was feeling and me asking her where she got that I was "stingy" from as I have never said that and then the consultant wishing her good luck before she came back into the room to see me.  She told me ultra sounds can see milk ducts is that correct?  I have had a bad experience with these people and if I ever have a situation like this again I just won't go. I am so pleased yet so upset.  I was told to try eczema cream - which I have tried and have been trying for 3 months now.  I just want to get to the bottom of my itchy, burning nipple Yell
  • Kaara
    Kaara Member Posts: 2,101
    edited March 2012
    Options

wilson 33:  Have you seen a skin doctor, a dermatologist?  Sometimes they can prescribe a topical cortisone cream that can stop the itching.  Something is definitely causing your problem and you must get to the bottom of it.

• wilson33
    edited May 2012
    Options

Oh my gosh I found my original post.  I am seeing the dermatologist on Wed morning what questions do I need to ask and what should I prepare myself for? Has anyone been through this?

• itsjustme10
    itsjustme10 Member Posts: 64
    edited May 2012
    Options

I'm not good at lists of questions, but if it were me, I would pack up all the medicines I've tried that didn't work, and bring them with me,  so that he can't just give you something that already didn't work, since you have it with you.  It might actually help him, since reading the name off the label, there can be no mistake as to previous treatment - and it may help him rule things out.

Good luck!! :)

• wilson33
    edited May 2012
    Options

I am pleased to say I am not moving forward but feel I am stepping backwards and someone just nicked my jigsaw piece.  I saw the dermatologist today and he was lovely and gentle and straight forward.  he said by sight there is nothing serious going on I kinda cried with relief and then cried some more when he gave me cream I have already tried but stronger dose.  I have to be on dermovate cream for 6 weeks the description is "very potent steroid cream"  I shall be applying and praying I have hope :)

• Sommer43
    Sommer43 Member Posts: 45
    edited May 2012
    Options

Oh that's good news, Wilson. 

What else have you to sort out now? 

• wilson33
    edited May 2012
    Options

Nothing, he told me 6 weeks of the cream and I wil be as good as new so nothing I am cured well will be after 6 weeks :)

• Sommer43
    edited May 2012
    Options

Didn't you something else you were going to the GP's for? 

• wilson33
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I went to the gp's yesterday because of the lump under my armpit and the doctor didn't even examine me.  I asked him if he was going to examine me after I apologised for my body odur that stinks and I can't get rid of it. So there you have it a neurotic nutter with thrush from visual with no rash and cream for my boob.  I am now ready for my break down please Cry
  • Sommer43
    edited May 2012
    Options

Right.  So what did the doctor say about not examining you? 

• wilson33
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Nothing he just said it was thrush and use the cream - I have officially given up and I am not fighting anymore because it is a loosing battle - I mean to not even get an exam I have had my fill and am very very depressed right now nad not coping tothe point of chopping off my own breast, no-one is listening to me no-one is understanding what I am saying (proffesionally that is) and to be frank I am crying and feeling helpless and useless Cry
  • Sommer43
    edited May 2012
    Options

Oh you poor thing. 

I think you need to take a step back and breathe.  Do as they have suggested and leave it a couple of months.  I have issues going on and that is exactly what I am doing and those around me are much better for it. 

• wilson33
    edited May 2012
    Options
    OK so I took a step in the right direction for my rightful piece of mind.  I am still looking at the pros and cons of thermography, but know it is safer than other alternatives, and a step which my gp is not willing to take because of a clear ultra sound.  The pain is now getting constant sometimes bareable constant but nonetheless there.  I have an appointment for tomorrow, but as stated it is not used for a diagnosis it works the same as ultra sound and mammos where it can tell you there is something amiss but not diagnose you.  I need to go bak in 90 days after the first one to see if there is any change.  The results are read by doctors in the US and get any form of resukt within 24-48 hours.  I am feeling positive yet shaking at the same time. I am not sure if my gp will like the fact I have had thermography or if she will dissmiss it but I will find a gp who does. :) Here is hoping for some peace of mind :)
  • Sommer43
    edited May 2012
    Options

I shall be interested in what happens, Wilson.  Never mind about the mind of your GP, you need to do what you need to do. 

Will you feel happier if this comes back with nothing?  Will you feel at peace then? 

• wilson33
    edited May 2012
    Options

Summer I honestly can't answer that question becuase I don't know, and that makes me an airhead and a control freak like being in control of all situations. I now feel deflated :/  one day at a time :)

• Sommer43
    edited May 2012
    Options

Hi Wilson

I ask, because I am fascinated with all of this, purely as a self educating process.  I do think it is a mind process and how we can drive ourselves insane with worry.  Question those that are trained and believe that they are not doing their jobs correctly, feeling as though we are not being listened to etc. 

I asked a question in another thread, with a lady who has a swollen lymph node, is terribly worried about it.  I know what I have had to do, to get to a point of peace, and that was take a step back and find out about how breasts work.  The hormonal changes, it has been four months, of driving my husband mad, but he now, listens to when I read out to him and we have conversations about it all and my experiences with the consultants. 

It has helped me to understand that while I am sure I am not on a cancerous path, I still have a condition that needs addressing from my end and the medical profession. 

• wilson33
    edited May 2012
    Options

I am intrigued by it too but don't know how it will pan out other than I know it is not a diagnosis but a step closer to look at a diagnosis.  I have drove myself insane and back again and now I am mediocre thanks to you nad your helpful uidance and advice and self knowledge it has been a balance level beem for me to kinda bring me back to earth, poltely and kindly :) I can't tell you how much I apreciated it then and now :)

If doctors knew how much easier it would be on us for us to be felt as "heard" and "listened to" would make so much difference physically and mentally.  But no I think they like to dish out the "chillax" pills as it is written on the pen they use to sign the precription hahaha.

I also commented in that thread how much of a help you have been and how I know how she feels as I have done it been there and still googling allternatives to what might be the problem, even down to dermatology I am open and just want the cause of it to be sorted and me have a happy breast again.  I believe I am not on a cancerous path but I am on a path and all leads led to this, so while I feared and felt the worst I am feeling optomistic and so much better and in a happier place, I hope it lasts - time will tell :)

Thank you summer and I hope I can help you out at some point :) Thank you for your interest and insight and comfort :) big (((hugs)))

• Sommer43
    edited May 2012
    Options

Hey, no thanks necessary, we all have to do what we have to. I am happy to have a conversation around it all.  That's helping out, isn't it?  When people take the time to respond to me, then I offer that time back. 

My breast is still affected, I have been offered another scan and the opportunity to sit in on the MDT meeting.  To discuss my case.  Yes, we all want doctors to understand emotions and I am sure they probably do, but I watch, when I am at the clinic and I look at how the clinic operates, the busyness of the clinic and how it all comes together.  My friend is a medical secretary to a haemotology consultant and it is her who sets the times, moving appointments around, dealing with the cases that she knows from experience that will not take long and those that will take the longest she puts them first.  Everything has a process and we only see it from our point of view. 

I am always pleasant to secretaries, no matter how I am feeling.  They are the ones, who stick the case notes under the consultant's noses.  I get a lot further with being nice to them, "I appreciate you must be snowed under and I will not take much of your time up" etc, it does help. 

• wilson33
    edited May 2012
    Options

I have found more bedside manor in the secretaries and nurses than I have from consultants, and some nurses who wish they were consultants but I always go in with a positive attitude and then I put my notes etc forward and then I get brushed off as the consultant has about 30 people to see and leaves me with a nurse to settle me down.  It is different yet the same in all hospitals but we are all human too at the end of the day and have good days and bad days but the reception staff are the best and always get my posh telephone manner lol and the cakes I make too :)

process, protocol and all like you wanting to get to the bottom of it patiently, calmly and not let it take over my time from my kids and any more mental space in my head, but I know now all possibilities but my gut is saying something isn't quite adding up - so following my gut with a happy smile today :) I hope your pain is ok for you today :) 

• Sommer43
    edited May 2012
    Options

Today, my pain is at an acceptable level. I have swam, I have walked my dog and I have a nice cup of coffee in front of me and my husband is in the garden sunning himself... 

I have had breast pain for over 12 years, since I was sterilized.  I have just read the thermogram thread in the alties forum, I saw you had posted in there.  Interesting eh.  I now almost cannot wait for your results, see what comes up... 

• wilson33
    edited May 2012
    Options

My last cup of coffee (decaff) before my thermography appointment I don't know how I am feeling. Positive thoughts, vibes and prayers, been praying a lot lately.  I haad lunch with my mum haven't done that for over 20 years just her and I was lovely. I hope all is well with everyone today :)

• Fergy
    Fergy Member Posts: 11
    edited May 2012
    Options

wilson33,

I had Thermal Imaging done here in the states.  Arizona to be specific.  I would be interested to hear what you think.  I actually had it done the beginning of April, received the report on April 12th and just now got around to really looking at it.  Initially I felt it gave me comfort when I saw that I was givne a risk rate of 2 which is considered low for vascular activity.  However I noticed that it also said

"Symmetrical vascular warming in the upper surfaces consistent with estrogen activity extending halfway to the nipple line.  Hormone Grade 2-3, medium to high, this grade describes the level of estrogen activity in your breasts, which may be associated with breast pain, breast lumps and/or increase risk."

So I called today to ask more questions regarding the result and the technician said that the hormone grade means that I am estrogen dominent and that puts me at a higher risk for breast cancer.  He encouraged me to find a homeopathic doctor that would prescribe progesterone to balance it out.  He also told me if I look at the black and white photos I could see vascular activity in my right breast that I don't have in my left breast and that could be a sign of something in the early stages of development.  WHAT???  So now I am a little confused.

At any rate, I am going to my PCP tomorrow for my annual physical and will get my annual mammogram and ultra sound next week.  I will discuss the estrogen dominance issue with him as well. 

By the way it was my right breast that I had a biopsy done on 3 years ago for microcalcifications and was diagnosed with sclerosing adenosis.  It is also the breast that I have found a new pea size lump in that has not grown since I discovered it about 2 months ago.

Please share with me what your report says and how it aligns with the mammogram and/or ultra sounds you have had.