Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Nipple reconstruction

Options
1656667686971»

Comments

• nickel103
    nickel103 Member Posts: 17
    edited December 2019
    Options

hi ladies, I’m about to have my nipples reconstructed friday and am now fearing the large creepy nipple. What did you guys use to cover them as they were healing/flattening? My understanding is you shouldn’t really have anything pressing on them bc they will flatten too much, but I don’t know what to do in the interim to avoid getting stares all over town. Any tips?! Also curious what kind of reconstruction your PS used and how long until they reached their final projection

• lala1
    lala1 Member Posts: 974
    edited December 2019
    Options

I don't think the nipples will be that large. I was surprised at how normal they were even from the beginning. And they are bandaged to start so that keeps them from being noticeable. And once I took off the doctor's bandages I made my own. I went to Target and got a tube of the round make pads, not sponges, and I would fold a couple in half and cut a half moon out. Then I would place these over the nipples and tape them on. This way the nipples didn't have anything flatten them down. They had room in the holes so to speak. And you can layer how ever many pads would make it so the nipples have their space. I needed 2 but if you have larger nipples you could stack 3 or 4 or even more.

Try not to worry about them being large or creepy. I promise no one will even be able to notice. And I did mine around this time of the year so the winter clothes probably helped as well.

• nickel103
    nickel103 Member Posts: 17
    edited December 2019
    Options

Great helpful tip! Thank you

• Knorr0711
    Knorr0711 Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2020
    Options

I know this is an old post but "cow utters" is a perfect description of what they look like! I'm a week post nipple reconstruction and fat grafting 😉

• Astrid1986
    Astrid1986 Member Posts: 5
    edited November 2020
    Options

Hi Knorr0711

I am thinking of nipple reconstruction and fat grafting. Do you mind if I ask you to share your experience?

Did you do surgery or 3D tatoo?

How was it ?

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,966
    edited November 2020
    Options

Hi Astrid1986, and welcome. Here is a section from our site on nipple reconstruction and tattoos. It looks as though Knorr0711 hasn't been active for a month, so you may want to try to private messaging.

Please let us know if we can be helpful!

• DiveCat
    DiveCat Member Posts: 290
    edited November 2020
    Options

I had nipple sparing surgery in 2014, have had a couple revision surgeries since then including fat grafting earlier this year. Planning to do a second round of fat grafting in 2021 for parts that did not quite take as well.

In meantime, I chatted with my PS today during a follow up about evening my nipples out a bit for better symmetry. I have always felt one on my right side ended up positioned a bit odd (just as way pocket worked I guess) so nipple is more downward and not on mound properly so just don’t like look naked, plus it got paler after surgery I think and already was rather light

Just hoping for better symmetry/optics. He recommends tattooing. They have someone who comes in a couple times a month to clinic to do it, so I am going in December 11. Has anyone had nipple tattoos just to “even things out” optically after nipple sparing? Are you happy with results?