Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

The Hermit Club

Options

Comments

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,931
    Options

Foliage photos from an area of New Mexico known as the Jemez Mountains.

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,422
    Options

Leaves are just starting to turn here. Been too warm lately.

• wallan
    wallan Member Posts: 192
    Options

Beautiful pictures Jazzygirl.

• jazzygirl
    Options

• wallan
    Options

Gorgeous trees! I love the trees turning color!

wallan

• jazzygirl
    Options

• m0mmyof3
    Options

lol

• jazzygirl
    Options

Teka- Eeek! A friend here who grew up in Texas told me the black widows used to build these big webs in their barn and the lizards would get stuck and then it was all over. She said once she saw a tiny spider wrap a large lizard in it's web when stuck brought a whole new respect for the black widow. There are lots of them out here in the west (and yes, been seen by me many times.....)

• wallan
    Options

Teka: are they webs real?? What kind of spider builds a web that big?

Here in Canada, the webs are smaller and alot more fragile and thinner. Our spiders are not giants... big sometimes, but not giants.

I am so grateful for this because I have a spider phobia.

Wallan

• wallan
    Options

nice... they are beautiful picturesque things as long as I see them from a distance LOL

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Here too Teka. We had wet snowflakes Tuesday night.

• wallan
    Options

Our first major snowfall is expected late this afternooon

Winter is on the way

wallan

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Gonna be in the 30s by early tomorrow morning here.

• jazzygirl
    Options

Teka- is that one of those cool norweigen forest cats?

• wallan
    Options

lol.....lol...

• jazzygirl
    Options

Teka- no petting attempts this way. I saw that comment on the drinking thread.....Happy

• jazzygirl
    Options

Preview for next week

• m0mmyof3
    Options

• wallan
    Options

LOL LOL... I like to awake to a good laugh

wallan

• jazzygirl
    Options

Good morning hermits- as I prepare to head out for the Thanksgiving holiday tomorrow to visit a friend in Texas, I wanted to wish all of you a lovely and peaceful Thanksgiving week. For those of you in treatment, I was in the throes of it 5 years ago during the holidays and keeping things simple is the best way to go.

• wallan
    Options

Happy Thanksgiving to my American Friends!!

wallan

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Happy Thanksgiving to all in the States and remember to "Gobble 'til ya Wobble"!!!!!!

• m0mmyof3
    Options

No Black Friday shopping for me either, will do Christmas cards this week.

• Lily55
    Lily55 Member Posts: 1,748
    Options

Just wishing everyone a Happy Christmas and a happy and healthy 2018.  This year will be my sixth Christmas with a mutilated body and no reconstruction, it weighs me down whenever I am reminded of it, which is several times a day........and even the Ombudsman cannot get a response from the hospital!!

Sorry I don´t have anything to offer anyone really, I feel so alone with this as even when I try and tell Friends they just don´t get it, one even yelled at me it does not matter you are alive.................I am tired of talking about it as it does not bring relief.

I find Christmas hard as two people I got close to since BC diagnosis both died at Christmas time, from BC..................you can rely on me to depres you all

• jazzygirl
    Options

Hi Lilly- it is good to hear from you and you don't need to feel that you have to be any certain way to share here. You have not had what you need to get better from everything, and I am so sorry to hear this friend. It sounds like you have someone trying to help you too, with no success which sounds like a huge system failure to me.

The response of "you are alive" is never comforting to a cancer patient when you share your struggles. I know both medical people and others do this often. Just shuts down the conversation and leaves us unheard.....

And honestly Lilly, I don't talk to many about it either. I have a few cancer friends (other types) and couple friends who helped me through and are still around and get it, but many are just filled with comments or advice that is not helpful. These days for me, it is more around how to keep it from coming back or my SEs on the antihormones. I will be done with those next March when I hit my five year mark.

I am also very sorry about the loss of your friends from bc.

How are the dogs Lilly?

The holidays are very difficult friend. Sending you much love Heart

• Lily55
    Lily55 Member Posts: 1,748
    Options

Thank you Jazzy, it is a system failure but I find I take it personally, feels like a punishment for past sins, I don´t bother to talk to people now but I am really struggling, really struggling, you always know what to say

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Heard this morning I may get my wish for a White Christmas! So I am keeping an eye on the weather

• jazzygirl
    Options

Wishing everyone a Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year!

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Got a mani/pedi today. Hubby likes it when I go and come home totally relaxed from there

• jazzygirl
    Options

Merry Xmas from the hot springs