Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

The Hermit Club

Options

Comments

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,930
    Options

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    Options

Me too!!

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,422
    Options

Indeed!!!

• jazzygirl
    Options

Good morning friends- I went to a great concert at our state fair last night with Kenny Loggins. Always a big fan and seen him a few times in my life, and still has a great voice (and still pretty danged cute too). He is 70 and going strong!

• jazzygirl
    Options

Teka- yes he did! He sang a lot of his old music from Loggins and Messina too. Celerate Me Home is one of my very favorite of his songs.

• wallan
    wallan Member Posts: 192
    Options

Awesome Jazzygirl

wallan

• jazzygirl
    Options

Hi Wallan- how are you doing sister? Have you gotten through the treatment with all that came up early this year?

• wallan
    Options

Hi Jazzygirl:

Im doing good. I am in reconstruction phase. My fills are finished now. I am waiting 3 or 4 months for exchange surgery. I am on Arimidex and coping with the side effects from that like insomnia, foggy brain, the odd hot flash.

I start back to work Oct 2 which I am very surprised is overwhelming to me.

But other than that, my anxiety has settled somewhat and I feel positive about my prognosis.

I really appreciate your support and I borrowed your funloving spirit and hope. Its awesome you saw Kenny Loggins

wallan

• jazzygirl
    Options

Wallan- you sound like you are doing well. When I first started on the AIs, I had horrible problems with SEs (especially problems with my feet due to the drying out of tendons with no estrogen). Several women suggested I take a break and go back on them to see if it was better? I asked my MO about it as I said I could not get through five years on these drugs with the way it was going. He said yes, it is a viable approach and so I went off for a month and then back on and was better. So put that in your pocket to discuss with your MO next visit. It may help. I still get hot flashes, have some brain fog, etc. but not a bad as I used to. Feet are better too, but not back to normal yet.

Believe it or not, I am now 6 months from being done with my five years on the AIs. My MO changed me to aromosin last year and find I have less SEs on them. In the home stretch....

• wallan
    Options

awwww... thanks Teka.

I will take a soak.

wallan

• wallan
    Options

Hey Jazzygirl an Teka:

I love a good soak!

Jazzygirl - happy for you about the home stretch on AI's.... I must say after I changed the time I took the Arimidex, I have felt less side effects this week. I took them in the morning and I got headaches, nausea, aches and pains, tingly sensations, hot flashes, insomnia. But when I changed to taking it at night, the side effects went away. I take melatonin now for the insomnia and I sleep about 7 hrs a night. Only a few aches and pains too which are mild. I sure hope it stays this way. I haven't even been on them 6 months etc. LOL

wallan

• jazzygirl
    Options

Wallan- when I started the AIs, the pharmacist told me to take them at night before bed, because the ache and pains are more noticeable the first few hours after ingestion (which of course, you don't notice when you are sleeping). She also mentioned at that time that sometimes women feel a bit dizzy on the drugs and that taking them at night would help with that too. So I have for the most part, taken them at night unless I forgot a dose and then took it the next morning. I do notice more SEs when taking during the day.

I hope you contine to do okay on them and with taking them at night, an important part of our treatment to keep the beast at bay. This may sound strange, but the five years feel daunting at first, but really does go fast. The first year was the hardest for me on them, got better with time as the drugs are considered cumulative per my MO.

I still do have bouts of insomnia from time to time which can be from many things, but think some of it has to do with the AIs. Some related to work stress.

• wallan
    Options

Thanks Jazzygirl.

I am taking it one day at a time these days. I cant even think a week out, let alone 5 years. LOL.

It sounds like you are doing great. Insomnia does come from so many things. Have you ever tried melatonin?

wallan

• jazzygirl
    Options

Wallen- yes, I use melatonin sometimes and it does help!

I too don't plan too far out myself these days even years down the pike from my initial dx and treatment. That is one of the better gifts cancer did give me. I used to be a person that lived so much in to the future, now I live more in the eye on the future as I plan my work projects (self employed) and retirement needs and to the past for lessons learned, but try to just be present with the present. Took a hard lesson for me to get to that place, as it often does!

• wallan
    Options

Jazzygirl I do understand about living in the now. BC did give me this. Another gift cancer has given me is wanting to be my true authentic self instead of putting masks on.

I want to live each day fully. This awareness has shown me things about myself I was not aware I was doing and also alerted me to things I could try out - like drawing.

So, Im grateful in a way I got sick. I hope it will also help me deal better with stress. My job is stressful and I hope that I can let alot of things roll off my back now. We shall see...

wallan

• jazzygirl
    Options

Wallan- I like that you are drawing. Having cancer helped me to get busy with my bucket list. Also helped me to let go of other people's drama and endless expectations of me. So freeing.

My work is stressful too and just take good care of yourself as you can during the course of the day. Little breaks help, walking outside for a bit of fresh air, getting out for lunch, etc. all help!

• jazzygirl
    Options

Teka- have you ever seen this? You and Teka the cat may enjoy watching it together!

• m0mmyof3
    Options

I saw that profiled on the Animal Planet show "Bad Dog".

• jazzygirl
    Options

• jazzygirl
    Options

• wallan
    Options

Hey:

Back at work for three days now. I am exhausted. LOL. Really exhausted.

Everyone is very nice and welcoming. I feel lucky.

Glass half full.

wallan

• jazzygirl
    Options

Wallen- I was so exhausted when I went back to work. Just try to go to bed early every night.

• wallan
    Options

Beautiful pictures!

• jazzygirl
    Options

Balloon fiesta video! Some fog in the valley this morning

http://www.kob.com/albuquerque-balloon-fiesta/vide...

• jazzygirl
    Options

Teka- balloon ride would be fun. Sort of afraid of heights but maybe I can brave it? Pretty pricey, we need a powerball ticket!

• withm
    withm Member Posts: 1
    Options

I think I know that spot on the Au Sable. Beautiful place. One of my happy places. :)

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Been a bit busy the last couple of weeks. Finally got a moment to drop in here

• jazzygirl
    Options

For Teka

• jazzygirl
    Options

Teka- ha ha. I see the Xmas decorations out with the Halloween stuff as early as August now. I am way more in to Halloween than I am Xmas, but like turkey day too. I love the fall decorating as it can last for months (Sept through Thanksgiving).

I have the perfect place for that body,lol

• wallan
    Options

HALLELUJAH!!!!!!