Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

The Hermit Club

Options

Comments

• Lily55
    Lily55 Member Posts: 1,748
    Options

I am now a widow and devastated

• Vermonster
    Vermonster Member Posts: 17
    Options

Lily55 - I am so sorry for your loss!

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,422
    Options

Heard from my friends in NC. They lost power a little while ago due to Florence.

• wallan
    wallan Member Posts: 192
    Options

Lily55: I am so so sorry. You are in my thoughts and prayers

wallan

• Amica
    Amica Member Posts: 237
    Options

Lily55 - I am so very sorry for your loss.

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,931
    Options

I am so sorry Lilly for your loss Heart

• Lily55
    Options

Thank you, I am absolutely distraught to be honest.....

• jazzygirl
    Options

Grief counseling may help. It helped me enormously during a big loss in my life in my early 30s.

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Coughing like crazy this morning, think I just came down with the first cold of the fall.

• jazzygirl
    Options

Feel better Mommy. How is your kitty doing ?

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Good. She just turned four this past Thursday. We got her a fleece pad for her to lay on that we can spray with catnip mist spray. She loves it

• MexicoHeather
    MexicoHeather Member Posts: 147
    Options

Hi there. I enjoyed seeing your balloon photo and trip to see Kenny Loggins.

I am sort of at the point where I see a "new normal" for my health. All the improvements that I tried to make with various prescriptions didn't really work out. I'm only taking Arimidex now and gutting out the side effects. When I see the drug names put out there on the Topics as suggestions for hot flashes and neuropathy, I feel pissed off! But, maybe they will work for someone else.

I'm going to go back to work. I've got a bit of a gap in employment now, but I have one application out and there is another job that I think I would like to get. I am blessed to have been out for as long as I have. There must be other people who have taken time off and then return to work.

• jazzygirl
    Options

Mexico- good to hear you are doing well. It is tough finding your way through on the AIs. I was on the generics for arimidex and then later aromosin. I have been off for six months now and have less joint pain and clearer thinking.

Wishing you the best with your job search. Check on line for some articles that suggest how to answer gaps in work. There are ways to answer that without raising a concern about you not being able to do the job. You want them to look at your ability to do the job and not focus on every little detail in your past. Get your references lined up too.

• Icietla
    Icietla Member Posts: 321
    Options

Lily55, I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers for your comfort.

• jazzygirl
    Options

Lilly- thinking of you friend and let us know how you are doing as you are up to it. Grief is a constant visitor for a long time and hope you are taking very good care of yourself. You have not had an easy year.

• jazzygirl
    Options

Some of the long timers here may remember Magdaleine. She made her transition today. Another sister gone to soon.

May she rest in peace and soar with the angels Heart

• Lily55
    Options

Oh no not Madeleine too..........so sad.....R.I.P Madeleine xx

I am not good at all, am so utterly bereft, we had our ups and downs but I no longer have anyone in the world who loves me unconditionally, he did, despite his many flaws, but everyone expects me to be strong and I am so not.....I am good at being a duck or swan on the surface but underneath I am in pieces, I am keeping myself busy as when I stop I just don´t want to be here. On top of that am having lots of issues with the expander now, not been able to have any fills for over 5 weeks as its soooo tense and now been told they will probably have to remove it if it does not relax over the next two weeks.... perhaps to substitute for something else but I dont really know.... its just like having a prosthetic under my skin and pulling towards my armpit, not been comfortable at all last few weeks and at times really painful like my ribs are all bruised....... he would understand what this means to me others just dont. I cant even talk about him without crying.......

I really wish I could swap places with people who are dying but are loved and want to live as if I am honest I have no real wish to carry on living feeling as I do and without him that is not going to change....am sick and tired of being asked if I am feeling better as though he was a virus to get over.....I am exhausted and worn out by this year and now its the most depressing time of the year for me and I truthfully have no desire to carry on being in a world that is so fcked up, so cruel, so lacking in empathy, so unkind, and so damn lonely.......I have no family in the country I am in and also all the crap uncertainty over Brexit too......its all just total crap

• m0mmyof3
    Options

I'm such a doofus this week, first I made fudge and it didn't come out like it was supposed to. Used the wrong size can of evaporated milk, so it came out soft instead of solid. Then yesterday, I thought my turkey didn’t have a pop-up timer, but it did. Don’t want to know what else could go wrong!

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Made a new batch of fudge yesterday and it came out fine!

• MexicoHeather
    Options

Fudge is so good. I had a terrific Thanksgiving. It was at my house, after two years, I have the Turkey Mojo back.

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Spent a quiet Turkey Day at home with my hubby and the "kids"

• MexicoHeather
    Options

• Lily55
    Options

Hi sorry for my absence but been struggling.......long story short....just about to go to pre op appointment for reconstruction exchange..... literally three days away and rushed in to hospital with bone metastases.....and spinal cord under imminent threat so had emergency neurosurgery......and doctors very serious about pain management..... I can't fault the care I received....... prognosis is grim as have lost all hormone positivity....

I am in a back brace......will be for six months minimum but am ok with that. I could have been paralysed from chest down.....

I am proud of how I have managed this recent process so far.....and I have a lot more support too......

Hope you are all doing well.....

Xxxx

• MuddlingThrough
    MuddlingThrough Member Posts: 655
    Options

Lily55, you've been through a lot! I hope that you recover from the surgery and can soon start on the new treatment you will need for the new hormone status and also for your bones.

• wallan
    wallan Member Posts: 192
    Options

omg Lily..

I am so sorry to hear this.

Hugs to you. I have no words...

wallan

• Lily55
    Options

Just wanted to drop in and say the cancer has been rampant in my back, had two new fractures and also have metastases all over rib cage.....but they ARE all small ones, tiny in fact.......biopsy came back with no receptors so no targeted treatment possible.......my only option is WEEKLY Taxol (Paclitaxel). My initial reaction was to opt for the palliative route as emotionally i am sooo tired, I miss my husband so much, my dog died of cancer the day after I was told I would need chemo, I am here alone...albeit with some friends who care, and I need carers every day as I cannot get the support off...have to live and sleep in it 24/7.....which is fine but sometimes I feel imprisoned.....it helps with the pain though........went to my doctor who told me I have had WAY too much to deal with to be able to make a rational decision about my life and put me on anti depressants and arranged for me to at least have the first session of chemo.....low dose weekly so they can monitor my kidney.......Oncologist told me I will die if I don´t do it and this time I agree....I can feel what is going on and know she is right. More importantly my concerns and questions were taken seriously and I have been treated really well......and I do trust this Oncologist, unlike a few years ago........

I have a liver MRI coming up as they found a doubtful spot on my liver but they are only saying doubtful not suspicious....

I am working really hard emotionally to keep going but it is far from easy.........I hope some of you will want to stay in touch with me but most of the time I am now on the Weekly Taxol or Bone Mets area...... I started the first one this week and have to say the nurses were all lovely, really went out of their way to be as gentle and kind as possible....they are sending me for a PICC line as my veins are useless.......so another challenge ahead in getting that in as don´t like the sound of it...but once in life should be easier every week.

I cannot believe all this, was so hoping for a normal summer going to the beach feeling normal in a bikini after reconstruction and now here I am stuck still with an expansor, that is not so comfortable and all this other stuff going on.

For the last two years I have told my Oncologist I have had pain in ribs in follow ups but all they did was X rays......I don´t know how long these have been there......but apparently its not unusual for bone mets to appear so fast........the one that fractured first actually shattered and I am still incredibly lucky not to be paralysed......the other two just fractured........

• alicebastable
    alicebastable Member Posts: 1,942
    Options

Lily55, sending you the gentlest possible hug. I wish I could do or say more.

• m0mmyof3
    Options

That sucks Lily! Gentle hugs from me!

• Lily55
    Options

Thank you.....had PICC line put in, so chemo was really easy yesterday.......

However having it put in was a horrific ordeal as there was a nerve in the way and they kept on jabbing the nerve....said they could not use anaesthetic until they were actually inside the vein......despite causing me so much pain they were being kind and caring but it was sheer hell......my veins are so deep and so fine......it was a complete nightmare and its all still badly bruised inside so still hurts......but the line is in and its working...

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Hardly seems like it’s been a week since my beloved dog, Jackson, passed from old age. Found a picture of him and his “brother” Charcoal from the first Christmas we had them and changed my user pic here.