Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

For Arimidex (Anastrozole) users, new, past, and ongoing

Comments

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

Thanks Lago, those were some I did for Halloween.  I make these at Christmas and I make hundreds.  I give trays to several neighbors and to all the people at the pharmacy.  They are such an awesome group and I love to treat them. 

I am not fond of all the new fancy pizzas that I see on the food shows.  I like basic, old fashioned pizza.  Tomato sauce, good crust and good cheese.  I don't mind a few toppings, no pepperoni though.  Too greasy.  Italian sausage is always welcome on mine.  Black olives and bell peppers too.  No fungus!  :)  Oh Brookside agreed.....cheese, extra cheese is a must.  When we order pizza we almost always get plain cheese.  Yum.

• Blownaway
    Blownaway Member Posts: 662

I've been drinking Jack Daniels with diet Pepsi for years but since chemo, it tastes like bathroom cleaner. Wine is all I can drink right now until the taste buds are back to normal. I like Lago's pizza - sounds really artisan.

• pontiacpeggy
    pontiacpeggy Member Posts: 6,338

WOW! Our table is going to be groaning with all the different pizzas and drinks we're going to have! No ritzy pizza for me tonight. Just a $5 Hot-n-Ready. Roads are awful and I still have to go out to the dealership and find out why my "check tire" light is on. DH now in nursing home. Pizza is definitely not the main course tonight - the wine is! Thanks, Ladies! You've made a really rotten day so much better!

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653

I can see the party now. Just replace the word "Beer" with Wine" and the guys with us:

linky

• Pita119
    Pita119 Member Posts: 23

Peg,

The "check tire" light is on in one of cars too. My husband says the cold has something to do with it. It's supposed to be a little warmer here by the weekend & if it still is on, then we'll take it in and have it checked. We had it in last year for the same problem but they couldn't find anything wrong. You girls seem to really be enjoying the pizza party planning. That's what's on the menu at my house tonight :)

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

gee, just had lunch with a pal who was heading out to get her tires checked, cold weather messes with the air pressure lots

as a Jersey person, we do not do the chain stuff, all local little guys and of course, everyone has their favorite joint but really all pretty dang good!  Love visionary parties! 

Peggy, glad the party has eased the day for you, feel free to request parties at any time as a pick me up!

• jobur
    jobur Member Posts: 494

Check tire light ladies, are your cars Buicks?  I had a Century and all that little light meant was that the system could tell tire pressure had changed in one or more tires.  Cold weather will do that.  On my Century there was a button inside the fuse panel (mine was on the passengers side around the corner from the glove box).  All you had to do was turn the key to where the dash lights come alive (but not to where the car actually starts), and hold the button in to reset it.

Of course, you should also check the air pressure in your tires to make sure nothing is really wrong.  I had the darned light come on numerous times in my Century and there was never anything wrong with the tire pressure.  Usually happened after DH topped off a tire that was a little low.

Hope this saves one of you from an expensive trip to the dealer. 

Do it yourself Jo

PS Oh yeah, once it comes on it has to be reset.  It won't go out by itself just because the tire warms up to it's previous pressure.

No pizza for me just now, but I will have some wine, thank you!

• pontiacpeggy

Jobur, no. A Chrysler minivan. When I took to the dealership, they said every car that came in had the same issue. Turns out my tire pressure WAS low. Quite low on a couple of tires. All set now. No light.

I was going to have pizza but I don't feel like coping with even 5 blocks of lousy side streets. So something from the freezer. But the wine stays. As an appetizer, main course and dessert. Anything else? Who cares????

Iris, the party is definitely helping me. Thanks you one and all!

• linda505
    linda505 Member Posts: 395

Will anyone be upset if I just eat the toppings off pieces? I don't care what toppings but lots of them - I don't eat the crust cause of the carbs and my diabetes. I order a personal pizza and eat all the toppings and leave the crusts - funny watching waiters wondering if they should take the pan away or not LOL.

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

Peggy, glad you are feeling better.  Me too on too cold to go out and we do not have any snow here to deal with and please do not send any down here!

me, just defrosted some chili from last week so dinner is in work

• pontiacpeggy

Of course not, Linda! I love carbs and can manage them. That's funny about the waiters! As I said, I'm going to have something else since I can't face going out again. I want something with mushrooms - yum. One of my Bertolli dinners must have them in it :) Wine is the most important feature tonight.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,544

OMG, I am starving to death! I have to postpone my partying until tomorrow night because I have a doctor's appointment in the afternoon, don't want to break his scale, and have already gained 5 pounds just reading these posts!!!!

• pontiacpeggy

Iris, if I have to suffer snow, so does the rest of the world! I believe in sharing. I think we're on the same page.

Ruth, isn't it wonderful what we all want on our pizzas? You can have yours tomorrow night. I have more wine and I may get a pizza tomorrow. Hopefully I will be less tired and the roads a bit better. Good luck with your dr appt!!!!!!!!!!

• Nash54
    Nash54 Member Posts: 699

Hi Peg...been thinking of you all day and hoping the transition for you and your DH wnet smoothly.

Funny, my tire light just came on last week....low tire pressure. Had to take the car in for an oil change and they inflated the tires and the light went off.

I'm making chicken and dumplings. For the dumplings I'm substituting Gnocchi (and Italian product made with potatoes). Hope it turns out.

Cheers...and stay warm!!

p.s. lago....I enjoyed the video!

• Blownaway
    Blownaway Member Posts: 662

I've got dibs on Linda's crust......

• pontiacpeggy

Thanks, Nash! The transition went much better than I had dreamed. DH was content and even chatted with his lunch mates! A belly dancer was coming this afternoon and he was enthused about that! So feeling better. And the wine is helping.. Here it is. Wish it had been pizza but didn't want to go out again.

• pontiacpeggy

No leftovers from our party! Good thing the trash is picked up tomorrow (all those bottles) SillyHeart

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653

Nash54 glad you liked it but not sure which one. I posted a couple.

Linda The whole wheat pita pizza with goat cheese (lower in fat), tomato and fresh basil (with a little olive oil) probably would work for you. Just use only 1/2 of the pita and cook it a bit first before you add the ingredients.

I try to watch my sugar (although I don't have an issue) and salt (I do have an issue). Salt is a real challenge for me. Holy crap they put a ton of it in everything. That's why I tend to make a lot of my own stuff. I never buy salad dressing anymore either.

• RhodyMMM
    RhodyMMM Member Posts: 278

I had a pizza fix the other day, so I'm good with that. Wine sounds good though!

Peggy, I am so sorry for what you are dealing with regarding DH. I am a nurse manager and work in long term care, so if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me. I would be happy to answer any questions or concerns that you have.

Stay warm everyone!

Martha

• pontiacpeggy

Thanks, Martha. I really appreciate that. The facility, while small and old, seems very welcoming and caring. Granted 2 visits aren't necessarily representative of anything. BUT DH seems happy to be out of the rehab facility and was looking forward to the belly dancer when I left him today. He had even chatted with his tablemates - something he had not done once at rehab. Fingers and toes crossed that this is THE place for him!

• Nash54
    Nash54 Member Posts: 699

Peg....at least it sounds like a fun place....belly dancer!

• pontiacpeggy

Nash, I thought it was a great idea. I want to move like that. Hell, I can't even dance let alone belly dance :)

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178

I took a few belly dance lessons about 35-40 years and waaaay less creaks ago. It was a lot of fun good workout. Too stiff now.

Sorry I missed all the pizza, sounded yummy

• pontiacpeggy

Spookiesmom, I'll bet it was fun. I just don't move sexy. I can't even walk sexy. Not in my genes I guess.

You can have pizza and wine/beer/?? tomorrow night. We're flexible. I may actually have my pizza tomorrow night since I wasn't one bit interested in going back out in the damn snow to pick one up. The wine was more important! Have a good evening!

• traceyb
    traceyb Member Posts: 9

I too was on Tamox for 2.5 years and was recently switched to Arimidex. Last week I felt as though my heart was beating very fast and hard. I was feeling ok on the T but now feel very tired on Arimidex. I work out and take gym classes a lot and my stamina has really decreased. Also muscle pains. Today I called my Dr and she told me to switch back to T but I'm nervous. Everything I have read seems to say that Aromatase inhibitors are much more effective in post menopausal women. Maybe I need to just get my mind off of every little ached and pain? I also feel my hair is thinner- another great side effect. Still deciding if I am going to stop taking it,,??

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784

I took Tamox for two and a half years when I was first diagnosed in 2010 stage 2, I progressed to Stage IV on Tamox. I have now been taking Arimidex for a year and a half and it's working even though I am Stage IV there's been some healing of the bone mets. Everyone is different though but personally I'd rather deal with the side effects and keep the C at bay. Just my two cents.

Aurora

• pontiacpeggy

Auroaya, that's a pretty dramatic result on the Arimidex. I didn't realize that there was such a huge difference between AIs and Tamox. Very glad you're responding well to it. Hopefully your SEs are non-existent or at least tolerable. HUGS!!!

• Miminiemi
    Miminiemi Member Posts: 260

Hi Peggy. I definitely know Monroe and Newton my son lives in Des Moines. It sounds like being a caretAkers is something we have in common besides bc. My husband was very ill with a brain tumor and then copd. He was brave a long time being the caretAkers is tough work. I didn't understand until a few years later that caretaker is an actual hospital term and not just any person who happens to be home. Sleep deprivation takes its toll. As I mentioned before, now I work as a clown. My friend is a very popula clown from Newton. He's young, 30th but maybe you know Sean Carlock. Night from Iowa

• Miminiemi
    Miminiemi Member Posts: 260

hey again Peggy looks like your diagnosso is exactly like mine. My surgery was a year ago. All is weLloyd now with no evidence if disease and no side effects from Arimidex. We are almost same age, too give or take a few months. Best of luck.

• janett2014
    janett2014 Member Posts: 2,950

Headphonesmoonflower912, LOL about the tomato song! You're right -- it will be stuck in my head today.