Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

For Arimidex (Anastrozole) users, new, past, and ongoing

Comments

• Pita119
    Pita119 Member Posts: 23

Peg,

Everyone understands because WE ALL have them and can relate. Life really is not fair and I've found the one thing that keeps me going is "it could be sooo much worse". So, I try to stay focused on the things that make me happy/feel good. So, yes, vent, rant, bitch all you want to...we all do!!!

• pontiacpeggy
    pontiacpeggy Member Posts: 6,338

Pita, yes, it COULD be far worse. I'm having to re-invent my life after 48 years of marriage. It will be very different than it was 6 months ago. But DH is still around and that is good, even if he is in a nursing home. I doubt I'll start my re-invention until I've done all those things (like umpteen years of spring cleaning and decluttering) that I've managed to avoid. I'm not interested in moving but I do need to downsize some of the "stuff." And I will definitely bitch. The big shoulders and comfort from you all is amazing!!! HUGS!!

• grammakathy
    grammakathy Member Posts: 126

Peggy, you are amazing and an inspiration to all of us.  And you help us put our life in perspective.  I try to find the good things to appreciate and count my blessings.  I've been married one year less than you and my DH was hit by a car while riding a motor scooter the year before my diagnosis.  Luckily he survived and still walks after severe clavicle, neck and spine fractures.  Then my breast cancer hits nine months later.  We appreciate each other more and make a lot more time to do things that we enjoy together.  Hugs to you!  Gripe to us as much as you feel like.  We get it!

• Pita119

Peg,

Invite some close friends over for pizza & wine? and have a decluttering party. I did that years ago & it was a blast! I got rid of a lot of stuff that I didn't need/want anymore and had fun doing it :)

• pontiacpeggy

GrammaKathy, thanks for the kind thoughts! So glad you still have DH to do things with. That must have been a scary time with his accident! You're not too far from #1 son in San Diego (gee, I'd love to move to SoCal!!!). I'm glad if I can be an inspiration because I don't feel very inspired right now. But I gotta do it. Can't care for DH at home and survive.

Pita, that sounds like a plan! Won't be for awhile. I'm still trying to get rested and re-energized. And probably not depressed. All goes together, doesn't it?

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671

I think Pita has a good suggestion for all of us!  ,Pizza and wine , count me in!  I have been doing some de cluttering just because and have found that the Lupus foundation, will come and pick up your clutter! 

Matter of fact, blessed them with 2 big bags this morning!

• pontiacpeggy

I think we don't need the excuse of decluttering for our pizza and wine party. I'm ready now! We all need a wonderful break. PARTY!!!!

• proudtospin

sounds like a pizza party is on for me!  tomorrow?  virtually or we all get pizza tomorrow!  If I could I would order NJ local pizza for all tomorrow!

• pontiacpeggy

Okay! By the time I get DH moved into his nursing home, I'll be ready to skip the pizza and just drink from the wine bottle. Tomorrow is good, Iris!

• proudtospin

Hey Peggy, you deserve a little vino to get through it all

so do we add veggies to this pizza and make like it is healthy or just blow it all with pepperoni?  these are critical details

• pontiacpeggy

Iris, since I'm drinking rather than eating....pepperoni. Maybe I'll sneak in a slice or two to cushion the wine! Definitely critical details!!!!!! This work for you?

• Pita119

Skip the veggies and just PARTY lol.

• Nash54
    Nash54 Member Posts: 699

I'll take a beer with my pepperoni pizza!!!

• pontiacpeggy

Okay. No veggies. Beer is fine. I like beer drinkers. The table will accommodate both beer and wine. What a great party we're going to have!

• dunesleeper
    dunesleeper Member Posts: 1,305

I'll bring Guinness! I'm with Peggy: just enough pizza to cushion the alcohol. hehehe

• pontiacpeggy

This is going to be a great party! Glad to know someone else agrees with me, Dunesleeper!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,544

It's so cold here that I think I will just pour a generous gulp of Bailey's Irish Cream into my hot coffee (if that is okay Happy)

• pontiacpeggy

Well, of course, Ruth, that's just fine. We're a very inclusive group :) Just so we celebrate who cares what we're drinking (or eating). Just party! And I think you're colder than we are. Criminal, isn't it?

• moonflwr912
    moonflwr912 Member Posts: 5,938

wine with mine. I'll have the veggie pizza but add sausage. Hey don't laugh! This way I only pay for 1 extra ingredient! LOL otherwise I'd have to pay for all the veggies I like. LOL

• brooksidevt
    brooksidevt Member Posts: 1,432

Pretty crafty, Moonflwr.  After decades of selecting individual veggies, it never, ever would have occurred to me to just start with a veggie pizza and add.  Need to remember that for next time!

And I'll go anywhere there is pizza and beer and wine and. . . .

• pontiacpeggy

Pita certainly started something with her pizza and wine party suggestion! Looks like we are all in the mood for pizza and wine and beer and whatever! We deserve our party time. Hugs to all of you and thank you for being here for me!

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653

I want mushrooms on my pizza. Also love tomato but some places the pizza gets too wet.

I like to make my quick pizza using a whole wheat pita, sauce (or fresh tomato slices) goat cheese and fresh basil.

• pontiacpeggy

Lago, you forgot to mention what you're drinking? I like mushrooms too. Nixing the tomatoes :) BCO is going to wonder what gives with all the bloated tipsy gals on it tonight!!!

• grammakathy
    grammakathy Member Posts: 126

You have to try the pizza crusts made by Flatout - Flatout Artisian Pizza! They come 6 to a package. We crisp them up in the oven and add sauce, cheese and more. They are in the deli department at some grocery stores. We found these after trial and error trying to make dough for thin crust pizzas. I'll join the pizza party with these pizzas

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,544

I will split the mushroom pizza with lago!!

• lago

My husband used to eat the flat outs all the time. I don't eat a lot of bread but when I do it's usually pizza, pita or whole wheat bread. I think I eat more corn tortillas.

Beverage:
    1st choice
    2nd Choice

Ruth you're on. You know that white button mushrooms have aromatase inhibitors properties right!?

• justmejanis
    justmejanis Member Posts: 1,474

I am sure with a group this size we can order a variety of pizzas and beverages.  It is a party after all.  For me, no chain pizza please.  I prefer a good Mom and Pop place that can make a good thin crust pizza.  For me good pizza needs no toppings, just plain cheese is fine.  Wine sounds wonderful, but so does that splash of Bailey's in coffee.  Big splash for me please!  Count me in ladies.  I'll even make some cake balls for dessert.  My specialty.  Marzipan too. 

• lago

I'm all about the sauce. I love tomato

justmejanis those are so pretty.

• moonflwr912
    moonflwr912 Member Posts: 5,938

She's all about the sauce, bout the sauce, no tomato, all about the sauce, bout the sauce, no tomato!

LOL sorry there's your ear worm for today. I couldn't resist!

• brooksidevt
    brooksidevt Member Posts: 1,432

Put anything you want on it (thin crust, please), but then add extra cheese.  Maybe extra, extra cheese.