Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

For Arimidex (Anastrozole) users, new, past, and ongoing

Comments

• meljo614
    meljo614 Member Posts: 136

Jennie93, Accord Healthcare is actually headquartered in India. I had researched this because I'm currently getting Teva from Walgreens but will get Accord if i use mail order service. I'm sticking with Teva.

• pontiacpeggy
    pontiacpeggy Member Posts: 6,338

Mary, I'm really excited. The only other time I met a group for lunch was about 10 years ago when several of us who were on the WordPerfect Universe forum met in Ann Arbor for lunch. It was wonderful to put faces and voices with people I'd "known" for 10 years! And the friendships still carry on.

• pontiacpeggy

Meljo614, I'm with you. As long as I have a choice, Teva is it!

• 208sandy
    208sandy Member Posts: 582

Suggest you start a thread "get together in Michigan" or something like that - then you can plan the whole thing out and perhaps get more people and suggestions for places to meet.

• pontiacpeggy

That's a thought 208Sandy. I have no clue how to start a thread. I'll hunt around and see what I can figure out. Thank you!

• pontiacpeggy

I think I have it figured out and here is the link SE Michigan Lunch

We're four now and would love to have anyone else join us!

Peggy

• moonflwr912
    moonflwr912 Member Posts: 5,938

Hi Badger! Welcome to The Nasty Soul board! LOL

For those wondering, look on the pill itself. Mine says TE VA on one side.

Much love

• pontiacpeggy

Moonflwr, you've got good eyes or a great magnifying glass. I can barely hold onto my pills from Teva :)

• moonflwr912
    moonflwr912 Member Posts: 5,938

They are small LOL

• pontiacpeggy

I'd have said tiny myself.

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653

You guys think the Teva pill is small hope you never have to take th e Exemestane I'm taking. It's about 1/2 the size of Anastrozole!

• pontiacpeggy

Lago, you must need tweezers to get just one pill and pop it in your mouth :)

• Redheaded1
    Redheaded1 Member Posts: 1,455

guessing I will be switching. waiting for mo to call me back.  My NON FASTING cholesterol dropped from the FASTING LEVEL of 225 to 198 non fasting.....  THE LDL FASTING on ARIMIDEX was 134 and the NON FASTING?NO ARIMIDEX was 109.  Gotta wonder what my fasting numbers would have been.

I' scared of the drug I know (Arimidex) and  of the ones I don't.....  On both the fasting with Arimidex in my system and the non fasting without armidex, the ratio was in acceptable range......Go figure...   

• new2bc
    new2bc Member Posts: 254

Jennie93,

Accord is made in India. You can call your oncologist and ask them to send a request for Teva. If you switch to Teva, can you update this forum to let us know if you have new side effects. I think I have more sleeping problems with teva but I am not sure until I investigate further.

• angelia50
    angelia50 Member Posts: 168

I've been on name brand for almost a month and I have to say, body aches and stiffness are better than with Anastrozole.

• Bren-2007
    Bren-2007 Member Posts: 842

Glad to see you Michigan gals have something in the works to meet up.  It's just like Ruth said, something wonderful to come out of something bad.  I hosted a get together here a couple of years ago.  We had 13 sisters from BCO, husbands, friends and kids for the entire weekend.  It was a blast!  I've also met a bunch of the Canadian gals, including Sandy208 and a group in Maryland.  I live in the country pretty far from everyone, so I've been very fortunate to make so many friends. 

Sending lots of good wishes for everyone's continued success with the Arimidex and a hope that any side effects will be mild.

Bren

• pontiacpeggy

Bren, that's a wonderful gathering you hosted! We're anxious to meet up!

• Redheaded1

He switched me to Femara/Letrozole.   Reading the leaflet, I don't know why I bothered.  Reading the side effects, I can't see how I would be any better off with this  one than the anastrazole.  Both raise Cholesterol.  Both can elevate blood pressure, this one says "notify your doctor if you get lumps in your breasts"  DUHHHHHHH  Who wouldn't have enough sense to do t hat after what we've already been thru....Big sticker on the side of the bottle warns it can cause DIZZINESS.  I was hospitalized in January for that...... Also says limit alcohol and I was just thinking I need a drink while I think this through.

• pontiacpeggy

No kidding, Red. Geez!! Finish the bottle!

• Redheaded1

Really--I think I am more afraid of having a stroke and surviving with limited independence or losing my speech than I am of the cancer coming back.  My Oncotype score indicates a 6% chance of cancer reoccurance with the drug and a 12% without.........I just am not a confident gambler....

• pontiacpeggy

It is scary. No easy decisions are there, Red? :( HUGS!!!

• lago

tiny. This is a normal #2 pencil

• pontiacpeggy

That looks about the size of my Teva pills. They sure are small but I'm glad for them!

• WaveWhisperer
    WaveWhisperer Member Posts: 557

Iago, I swear my Exemestane is even smaller than yours! About half the time, I lose it between my pill box and my mouth! And on a white bathroom floor, with my poor eyesight, that sucker is hard to find. (I had to switch brands to get a 90-day supply, and think mine is Accord now...)

• randomchance
    randomchance Member Posts: 30

My doctor gave me a prescription and said Roy wait a few weeks after i finish radiation to start. It's been 2 weeks today.any suggestions to minimize SE?

• lago

Trust me they are smaller than the Teva. I used to take the Teva

• pontiacpeggy

Lago, I *DO* trust you. But in the photo they look very close in size. Small is not necessarily good :(

• Redheaded1

Randomchance, I started mine about 2 weeks later...Don't anticipate side effects, just wait and see.  I didn't have anything serious until 10 months out. Then I got worried cause my cholesterol shot so high and so did my .b p.    I don't count mild nausea that went away after awhile or insomnia, which I already had   Lots of folks can do this with no problem.  I bet you will be just fine!

• slappy-squirrel
    slappy-squirrel Member Posts: 199

Did anyone's liver enzymes become elevated on Anastrozole? Mine are up after 6 months on it.

Shirley

• jennie93
    jennie93 Member Posts: 263

Seems like I have heard others say the same. I bet my MO doesn't even check them.