Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

No treatments for me.

Comments

• ElaineForCindyRose
    ElaineForCindyRose Member Posts: 76
    edited December 2012

Hello Ladies,

I finally talked with Cindy for a few minutes. Yesterday she was sleeping (resting anyways) when I called twice and two other times she wasn't up to talking. Rick and Mom visited with her and she signed some Christmas cards. Rick says they will let Cin go home when she eats well and has regular bowel movements.  

She still hasn't truly slept. The pain meds have repeatedly been increased. She no longer has to wait 30mins to push a button for extra meds -she can push the button anytime she needs to. Her coughs are sounding worse. The nurses have had her fold a washcloth in half, then in half again and cough into it. It helps alot, the nurse said something about it helping maintain air pressure in her lungs. 

She's reading a new book, Fanny Flagg's, Can't Wait to Get to Heaven. She's the same person who wrote Fried Green Tomatoes.  I told her I was planning on coming out next week, hopefully the 26th maybe the 27th, and she perked up for a minute. 

I asked if there was anything in particular she wanted to say here, and I quote "I'm not dead yet." I chuckled and said I'd posted that yesterday. She wasn't laughing. She didn't feel up to talking much and lunch was being brought in, so I let her go.

~to those who are helping with the visitation pot, heartfelt love and appreciation 

lots of love

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited December 2012

thanks for posting, you are truly her angel!!!

Sandy

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713
    edited December 2012

Elaine, thanks for keeping us posted. I haven't read "Can't Wait to Get to Heaven" but "Fried Green Tomatoes" is one of my all-time favorites - both book AND movie! I will put this one on my own reading list - Thanks, Cindy!

• ElaineForCindyRose
    edited December 2012

You're welcome ~love to you all

• sarahsmom
    sarahsmom Member Posts: 276
    edited December 2012

Hi Elaine, thanks so much for the update.  Please send me a private message me with your home address, thanks!

I am sad that Cin is having such a rough go of it and darn, I wish she was at home, but maybe this is for the best until she stabilizes a little.  It's great that she's reading, and that she signed some Christmas cards!  I am sure she is frustrated, but so glad they are letting her hit that pain pump when she needs to do so and not restricting her.

To all of you wonderful ladies - I will be off line for the next week. We are supposed to be on a family reunion cruise out of Ft Lauderdale leaving Saturday. We have family members traveling to FL from Chicago and other areas being hit by the storm. I hope we can all make it because my inlaws have been planning this for over a year, they are paying for it, and they are getting up in years and this could be the last chance for us to do this as a family. Fingers and everything crossed that it works out.  My father in law is very stressed that we may not all be able to get on the ship.  I know that is very, very minor compared to what you are all going through this holiday season -just know that all of you are in my thoughts and prayers. 

Love and hugs to all and I will be back soon!

• ElaineForCindyRose
    edited December 2012

Hello Wonderful Ladies,

I just tried to call Cindy and guess what!! She's sleeping! Yay! Laughing  I'm gonna call back in an hour or so & see if she's up to chatting. The nurse said she had a good day -I wonder what Cin will say LOL. (Linda, it makes me recall your post that you have good moments but not days -keep adding those good ones up!) 

carpe -I hope you and your family have a wonderful time at sea for the holidays, it sounds like fun to me! Fingers and toes crossed for all the family to arrive safely in FL. See if you can get your father in law a massage or perhaps a round of golf (works for some!) -that oughta take his mind off things for a little bit ;-) stress is rotten to all of us, you gotta find a way to sneak up behind it & ease it away so it doesn't wreck your mindset!   be safe & enjoy 

• 1Athena1
    1Athena1 Member Posts: 672
    edited December 2012

Yey - every good moment counts, Elaine.

Carpediem, have a nice trip!

• blondiex46
    edited December 2012

Carp have a wonderful trip!!!

• ali68
    ali68 Member Posts: 644
    edited December 2012

Happy Cindy is getting some rest it will do her good!

Hope everyone has a great time over the holiday's.

Alison

• ElaineForCindyRose
    edited December 2012

Hello Lovely Ladies,

I got my tickets tonight! I leave Dec 25th and come back home Jan 11th Cool 

Rick says Cindy slept last night but it wasn't restful, so she was going to try to go to sleep earlier tonight -and when I called back she'd requested to hold all calls until the morning, but they'd let her know I called. 

I feel so relieved now that the tickets have been purchased ~it's like a weight lifted that I didn't realize was there. I hope to sleep well tonight. 

Here's hoping you all are able to enjoy some rest

lots of love, Elaine

• ali68
    edited December 2012

Elaine, let me know when you get my card it says it has reach USA.

Xx

• blondiex46
    edited December 2012

So excited for both of you.....can't wait to hear!!

Sandy

• 1Athena1
    edited December 2012

Have a wonderful, wonderful trip, Elaine!

• Linda-n3
    edited December 2012

Just checking in this morning to send lovingkindess to all of you. Elaine and carpediem, have wonderful and safe trips. Please give my love to Cindy when you talk to her. Am seizing some good moments today - weather is cold but sunny, DH is taking me out to lunch and we are going to stop by the little Mexican grocery to buy Abuelita's Chocolate, the BEST hot cocoa in the world!!!! So we will have hot cocoa for this holiday weekend.

I will check here periodically for any updates, but won't spend too much time here, as I hope you all do the same - spend time with family and friends. But also I am checking in here in case anyone needs support here as well - this can be a tough time WITH family and friends as well as a blessing, LOL! Hugs.

• ElaineForCindyRose
    edited December 2012

Hey Ladies,  just a quick note, Cindy may be coming home for Christmas! No promises, but just maybe ... Rick and Mom are on the way to visit her now. Rick says she's excited I'm coming out ~I'm getting more excited myself!

Lots of love and hope for some wonderful days ahead for us all Kiss

• 1Athena1
    edited December 2012

Oh, Elaine, that would be to wonderful. Paws crosed!

An early Merry Christmas to you and Cindy and family. I do hope you all make it together.

• 1Athena1
    edited December 2012

For everyone here - and everyone on the Palliative Forum generally - here is some Bing Crosby:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ODypHG57kQ&playnext=1&list=PL91D7342D0F1E8F6E&feature=results_video

• Linda-n3
    edited December 2012

Looking forward to singing at church service this evening. Most of congregation are older than 70-80, so it is early so they can all get there and home before it gets too late, and I am not complaining as I need my rest in the evenings as well. But I am blessed to be able to sing when all other musical instruments have been taken away from me from the treatments of this disease. I miss playing piano, miss playing in the orchestra, but am finding my voice, loving the music of the season. Wish I could share it with all of you.

Hoping Cindy is comfortable and home soon, with her loving family. Prayers for inner peace for each and every one of you.

• blondiex46
    edited December 2012

Yay Elaine, great news!!!

• ElaineForCindyRose
    edited December 2012

Greetings from sunny Arizona!  I arrived late last night after cra-zy drama in Dallas-Fort Worth ~it's all good, I arrived safely! Cindy didn't make it home for Christmas, but just because still trying to balance meds to see if there was a fetter combination; there wasn't, so now getting back to her 'normal'. I'm at the Hospice Hospital with her now (Mom & Rick dropped me off around 3pm) and will be spending the night and we'll both go home tomorrow! 

Cindy was right -the facility and staff are over the top nice and helpful -while still a professional establishment =) the perfect combination =)  They rearranged the furniture in the room yet again so I'll be comfortable visiting and sleeping ... just being here with Cindy. She's reading now (the same book by Fannie Flagg, Can't Wait to Get to Heaven" from the other day) while I update you all. We had a nice dinner and are gonna nap with our full bellies.

I'm so very glad to be here!

Nap Time!

• blondiex46
    edited December 2012

So happy that you made it there to be with her.....I know she appreciates it!!!

Sandy

• ElaineForCindyRose
    edited December 2012

hi again!  here's the link to my latest blog over on word press

http://cindyscancers.wordpress.com/2012/12/26/merry-christmas-cindy/

*hugs & love*

• ElaineForCindyRose
    edited December 2012

Thank you, Sandy ... and you're right! She has said so several times ~which makes me all the more glad I'm here!

hugs and love!

• ali68
    edited December 2012

Elaine, I'm so happy you made it and will be spending time with Cindy. I think there is too much sadness and sorrow in this world, we should be happy with ourselves.

I live with a very moody DH who always has something to moan about. "why" I ask him after all we have been through can you not be happy.

Christmas Day was hard as DH FIL wouldn't get out of bed and we all had to wait hours for him. My DH did the dinner then got drunk and took himself to bed, I wouldn't mind it 's all his family not mine. They left early, the kids and me watched all the Christmas telly which was great. Went shopping next day and wished I stayed in but got a few things in the sales. Today I'm doing nothing but sitting on my bum with a nice cup of tea and watching movies.

Cindy, I hope your pain is going away and you get some " Me time" and enjoy it.

Love to everyone, be happy and embrace the moments we have with each other.

Alison

• Linda-n3
    edited December 2012

Checking in to send my love to all of you. Cindy, I am so glad you and Elaine get to spend some time together. I will be seeing one of my sisters next week for a day, and looking forward to it.

For the past few weeks I have denied myself the pleasure of sitting with my watercolors dabbling in colors because of food, cards, gifts, cleaning, etc etc etc. Now today, the house is a mess, and I am going to paint anyway. Hoping you all have a little fun today!

Hugs and love to all.

• blondiex46
    edited December 2012

Paint away Linda, and don't deny yourself anything....

Sandy

• Elaine_Massage
    Elaine_Massage Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2012

Hello Lovely Ladies,

I hope you've at least a handful of blessed moments from the holidays =) It seems like I've been with Cindy for much longer than a couple days ~in a good way! I'm so happy here with her ~I don't know the words to describe just what it means to me (and Cindy) to help her and just be present in the moment with her. Nothing held back, just open to what each moment brings. Lots of love ;-)

Cin's doing pretty well, lately. Pain's managed well, sleep is coming more easily & this evening she slept for 5 hours! It would've been longer, but I woke her up for night time meds :/ I really hated to wake her, but she likes to stay on schedule taking the pain meds to keep the pain in check. She got peturbed with the hspc nurses when they let her sleep thru the scheduled meds ~that's a rough call do you wake her up when she needs sleep or wait til she wakes up and is in more pain but rested. I learned: wake her!

Well, time for us to sleep! I'll try to get back real soon.

~I hope the painting is coming along to your liking =)

Love & hugs

• Elaine_Massage
    Elaine_Massage Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2012

Alison ~your gift arrived and was perfect!

Thank you!

• dawny
    dawny Member Posts: 588
    edited December 2012

Thanks for the update Elaine, we really appreciate you taking the time to do it for us. And now we also get to see your photo too! Beautiful, just like Cindy-Rose!

Dawn

• blondiex46
    edited December 2012

Thanks or the update, so happy you are able to spend time with her, you can never get it back, you are making memories....

Sandy