Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

No treatments for me.

Comments

• goodprognosis
    goodprognosis Member Posts: 195
    edited March 2014

Hi Cin and everyone

So glad to see you posting again Cindy-if only occasionally.  Praying for your pain to ease and praying for your DH and family to have great courage and be a comfort to you and each other.  I know your DH has his own health issues (like mine too) and I'm praying for his health to improve.

Blessings,

Lorna

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited January 2013

Cin so happy that you checked in and I understand if it takes alot of energy to post....just know that you are thought alot.....smile if you can.....and do what you are able to do.

Sandy

• sarahsmom
    sarahsmom Member Posts: 276
    edited January 2013

Hi Cin - thanks for checking in! No need to type at all, sweetie! Just know that we're here for you and sending you lots of strength to get through this horrific pain. I wish they could find the right combination of drugs to help you, I am so sorry.  I hope you find something everyday that makes you smile or makes you happy. You deserve it for all the times you've made others smile.  That pay it forward things should come back to you in spades!

I'll be back soon, love and hugs to you!

• sarahsmom
    edited January 2013

A note to all of Cindy's friends - PM me, I have an idea...

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713
    edited January 2013

Just checking in for the evening, greetings to all.  Hoping for minimal pain for Cindy.

I have MO appointment tomorrow to find out results of MRI and whether I am still IIIC or IV.  Waiting to find out what she suggests.  Not liking any of the potential options at the moment - there are no good choices available for this 3rd recurrence, regardless of stage.  Just trying to focus on the moment and keep the anxiety down.  Breathing.  I will check in tomorrow evening.  Much lovingkindness to you all tonight.

• ali68
    ali68 Member Posts: 644
    edited January 2013

Linda, I hope you get good news xx. can I ask did you have a Lumpectomy with your first breast cancer.

Xx

• 1Athena1
    1Athena1 Member Posts: 672
    edited January 2013

Cin, remember those picnics in Heaven. Just thought I'd remind you of what to expect:

• ElaineForCindyRose
    ElaineForCindyRose Member Posts: 76
    edited January 2013

Hey Lovely Ladies =0)

I just talked to Cindy for a half hour & it was wonderful =0)  Happy Dance ... yep, that's what I did before I sat down to share with you all!  Call me silly, crazy, nuts ~I'm a little of them and more & I'm ok with that LOL =0) She's doing better today and sounded like she used to Smile

http://cindyscancers.wordpress.com/2013/01/29/147-thank-god-my-nurse-works-night-shifts/

This is the link to Cindy's blog that she posted today. She had a rough 4-6hrs, her port quit working -the nurse said it's most likely because the tumor's getting bigger under her arm (it was the size of a tennis ball when I left Jan 11th -and it's been doubles in size every month) and she's still been moving around -doing what she can to live her life (no crazy stunts like cartwheels). The tumor is displacing muscles/tendons/squishing & pushing organs as it grows ... the tumor itself doesn't hurt but everything it moves does. Apparently, her moving her arm around is going to get a bit more tricky as we go on. 

I hadn't been able to talk with her lately since I kept calling in the morning -as luck would have it, when she was sleeping. She says she's sleeping for a couple hours then is up for a couple hours ... no particular rhyme or reason, no pattern, so just call sometime and hope to catch her.    She says her wrists don't hurt anymore, but she thinks she did strain/sprain them when we'd last talked. 

My MIL sent a Valentine's Day card to me for Cindy & a little something extra and when I told Cindy, she was almost speachless. I explained that she'd read Cin's blog from my facebook page and after losing a lot of her family over the past couple years, she saw what worry can do. Cindy said it was awesome that she reached out like that. I told her that I'd relay her appreciation.  

I told Cindy that we shouldn't have to deal with cancer shit and financial shit. We should only have to deal with one pile -not multiple ones! She said "I know, right?!" LOL chuckle, but wouldn't it be nice to only have to focus on one major life crisis at a time? I think we need the cards dealt again with that in mind Wink

Anyways! I'm glad to be able to share a nice afternoon with you all ... I hope you had some wonderful moments today

Love & Hugs, Elaine

• sarahsmom
    edited January 2013

Linda, hoping that your appointment goes well... we are all here and "breathing" with you!! Praying you stay at IIIC...hope it is just arthritis and the normal aches and pains associated with growing old...as we each do every day!!

Elaine, thanks for the update on Cin. I am so glad you could talk to her for a half hour, yay! Has she considered giving up her life insurance policy? I am not an expert on this, but I have read about ladies on the Stage IV board doing this - all that is needed is documentation from the doctor about your status.  It enables the recipient to use the money now, to pay bills, etc instead of waiting.  This might be a good option for Cin! It would be good peace of mind for her to know things are taken care of. If you put a post on the Stage IV board, under the section for those who are not Stage IV but relatives, etc, someone will answer you, I am sure!

Love and hugs to all of you thins evening!

• 1Athena1
    edited January 2013

Fingers crossed, Linda-n3!

• blondiex46
    edited January 2013

Elaine thanks so much for posting, tumors suck, cancer sucks......your MIL is awesome.

How cool is that you had such a wonderful conversation with her, she loves you.

Sandy

• ElaineForCindyRose
    ElaineForCindyRose Member Posts: 76
    edited January 2013

Linda, when you come back to the boards I hope you feel the love and support here for you, you are an inspiration for us ~on your rotten days/moments you're here ... on the better days/moments you're here ... and everywhere in between you share, you guide, you laugh, you cry =)  3x you've been down the path with cancer and you still show up to support and allow yourself to be supported. You're an amazing woman.

Elaine

• Linda-n3
    edited January 2013

Thanks everyone for your support today.  I wasn't surprised - have mets to cervical spine - but still feeling kind of numb and in denial.  I finally started feeling nearly myself over the past 2 weeks after I discontinued all my meds, and now I have agreed to give letrozole a try.  If I can tolerate the SEs, I will continue it, but if not, I will stop it.  There really are no good choices for me, anything I choose will be a rough ride.  So maybe I should get a "Rough Riders" outfit and pretend I am riding with Teddy Roosevelt!  My other persona is a military attitude: Mission is paramount; there WILL be casualties.  My mission is to remain independent, functional, and to have a little beauty and joy in my life.  My MO suggested a more aggressive approach to hopefully give me longer life, and she understands that I am not about quantity, but rather quality.  So she says this may be do-able for me, is willing to work with me to keep me comfortable.  My PCP is off on maternity leave right now, just the worst possible timing for me (selfish ME! - but I was pleased to learn she had a healthy baby boy!!!)  So for now, I am still breathing!

Glad to hear Elaine had a good chat with Cin!  Keep us posted!  I was glad to hear Cin got a little card I sent.

Hugs to all of you gentle women.

• Cindy-Rose
    Cindy-Rose Member Posts: 77
    edited January 2013

Linda,

I'm so sorry for the news, I would have wanteds better for you but we all have to get through this shit storm any way we can. I really do hope that the new meds help some.

All my love to you,

cin

• 1Athena1
    edited January 2013

((((Linda)))) I am so sorry to hear the news. I do hope the treatment is kind to you and that it affords you some happy QOL. I love your "military" attitude - stoicism is probably one's good friend in these circumstances. I know it has helped me along the rough ride.

Waving at Cindy....

• blondiex46
    edited January 2013

Linda, so sorry ♥

mine is in my lumbar and my cervial spine, neck hurts, not all the time, the lumbar was stable a month or so ago......quality of life is the most important to me....

Sandy

• ali68
    edited January 2013

Linda, I always think when you get bad news the last thing you want to hear is "Sorry for your news" I want to say, it's something else to moan about and get your fighting gloves on. You seem a very strong lady and reading what you and all the ladies on here have written gives me strength everyday.

Today it's cold and windy but glad we have no rain. Tomorrow is the funeral for FIL I know we will all be in a terrible state. But I will think of you ladies and put my best foot forward.

Love to all

Alison

• CelineFlower
    CelineFlower Member Posts: 145
    edited January 2013

dear alli..

pls remember you are not alone...*hugs you *

Maybe your FIL , is having a pic nic... *celine smiles over to cindy * ... i really love that imagery

• sarahsmom
    edited January 2013

Oh Linda, I am so very sorry :-(  I love your military analogy! Like Winston Churchill (and Rascal Flatts :-) said, when you're going through hell, keep on going!  I am so glad you've shared your story with us and we're all here for you!!

I am learning so much from all of you amazing ladies, I will be so strong no matter what life throws at me! I'll think...what would _____ do?  I am much more resilient than I was the first day I came to this board, no doubt about it.  Based on Linda's post, I think we should call ourselves the Rough Riders!

• blondiex46
    edited January 2013

love rough riders!!

• 1Athena1
    edited January 2013

Agreed. Great choice, carpediem.

• Linda-n3
    edited February 2013

• sarahsmom
    edited February 2013

Love it!!! Bold, fearless, and unafraid!! :-)

• Gingerbrew
    Gingerbrew Member Posts: 1,997
    edited February 2013

Need a LIKE button. 

• Linda-n3
    edited February 2013

Good morning to all, hoping you find some moments of peace and joy.  Today there is real snow on the ground, something we have not seen in nearly 2 years.  chools are closed because all the back roads are questionable, but the main roads are fine, so I am off to an all-day oil painting workshop.  We are learning to paint birds in the Sherry Nelson method, which is so easy because you use a pattern and don't have to actually draw the bird!  Will catch up with you all tomorrow.  Namaste.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,925
    edited February 2013

Linda, Enjoy your workshop. I went to one last Sunday on travel journaling with watercolor. Very enjoyable day.

• sarahsmom
    edited February 2013

Wren - regarding journaling check this out...the artist is a friend of a family member.  I think she is very talented! I have no artistic ability at all, so jealous of all of you! :-)

http://dianagessler.com/

Linda, hope you enjoyed your workshop, sweetie!

Our plan to cheer up our friend Cindy-Rose is under way! Yay for Operation Cheer! :-)  If you haven't PM'd me yet and want to help, reach out when you get a chance.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,925
    edited February 2013

Carpediem, Yes, that's what I want to do. Can't say I have much natural talen, but it's just for me so who cares.

• ali68
    edited February 2013

The sun came out for the funeral and two of my daughters read a reading in church.

Before that, world war three broke out in my house. My middle daughter who is 17 took it upon herself to have a break down. She screamed at my youngest daughter and from there it was an episode from Dallas. DH was very quiet then he started and I have never seen or heard him like it before. I was the only one calm and not crying so it was me rallying round trying to get them in the car.

We were waiting for FIL at grandma's house and that was late. My 17yrs old refused to go to the funeral and in the end I pulled her out of my car and into the other.

We stopped and places of meaning which brought us all to floods of tears. At the church the vicar who is very nice forgot what to say about FIL and had a fit of giggles. One of the cousins long lost dad turned up after 40 yrs and made a scene.

We then went to the crem and everyone got lost apart from us. They all arrived late and joined the wrong funeral. We went to the hotel and they served the wrong food we had ordered.

We went back to grandma's where my DH had a breakdown. I got him home and he cried till midnight. My 17 yr old felt better after the meal as if nothing had happened.

I started with my cold again and felt like crap. If it wasn't our family funeral it would have been funny.

• Linda-n3
    edited February 2013

Ali, I can so picture your day, and am so sorry you had to be in the middle of it all.  I did have to laugh at the way you portrayed it, and cried at your loss.  Hopefully everyone will settle down to deal with their grief in a more positive way soon... Blessings to you all.