Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

No treatments for me.

Comments

• CelineFlower
    CelineFlower Member Posts: 145
    edited February 2013

*flower says quietly *

ooo i love to dance 

great idea bluebird

• Bluebird-DE
    Bluebird-DE Member Posts: 1,233
    edited February 2013

* , , ,

^ ' ' ' * *

, , , ' ' ' ss/ss/ss* 

• ElaineForCindyRose
    ElaineForCindyRose Member Posts: 76
    edited February 2013

Hello dear ladies ... I talked with cindy on friday for almost an hour (yay!) things aren't getting better healthwise but family and friends are now taking shifts so someone is close by in case cindy needs something. i cannot express how much better i feel about that ... can you imagine how cindy feels??!!!!

well, i gotta get some sleep ... who'd have guessed february would be insanely busy at a spa!!!! lol

love & gentle hugs to you all

• Gingerbrew
    Gingerbrew Member Posts: 1,997
    edited February 2013

Thank you for news of Cindy, she is on my mind a lot lately. Get some good rest now. 

Hugs GInger

• ali68
    ali68 Member Posts: 644
    edited February 2013

Hi Cindy, Elaine and everyone. I'm having very bad time with my family. Don't want to bore you with details but it's pretty shit. You think after cancer treatment things will get better but mine have got worse. It's that bad that last week i wished i had cancer back and could end it. Yes i know i'm talking shit but feeling very down at the moment. Anyway enough rubbish from me, hope you ladies are having some joy in your lives.

• CelineFlower
    edited February 2013

family... sux.. sometimes, i think cindy can relate to that,,,

so go ahead and dump your shit..we will turn it into mulch 

• sarahsmom
    sarahsmom Member Posts: 276
    edited February 2013

Elaine, thanks for checking in, so glad that Cin has round the clock friends to hang out with her now. I am sure she feels much better with that set up! Please send our love, I see she does check the boards occasionally!

Ali, I am so sorry.  You've had to deal with enough, wish the family situation was better for you, sweetie. Ugh. Sometimes I think that when health issues bubble up, we see people's true selfish natures rise to the surface? It's really been "all about them" all along and we just didn't see? Argh. As celine so profoundly said - we'll make manure of your crap, laughing so hard here! Best thing I've heard in a long time. Hugs to you!

• crog234
    crog234 Member Posts: 324
    edited February 2013

((((Ali))). (((Cindy))). Thinking of you both.....

Cindy

• Linda-n3
    Linda-n3 Member Posts: 1,713
    edited February 2013

I have been thinking of all of you all weekend - was without internet and just got it back this morning, so am catching up. We had all the carpeting ripped out of our house and getting wood floors. They should be finished today, and they are beautiful. One more thing that satisfies the "fill my life with beauty" goals.

Elaine, thanks for updating us on Cin. And as far as dancing QUIETLY for her, I say let's do it joyfully and make a joyful noise for her, otherwise she will think there is something seriously wrong with us.

Ali, I agree that we will make mulch of all your crap. In fact, you know if you fertilize in the spring, the flowers will grow ever so much better. So let's start fertilizing so you can have some beautiful flowers soon. (((((hugs)))))

• 1Athena1
    1Athena1 Member Posts: 672
    edited February 2013

ali, I am so sorry you are feeling bad. Family does sometimes make one wish one were dead - been there, felt that. I am at a point where I have learned to distance myself emotionally from some members. Really tough for you to go through this. I wish cancer changed some people, but it doesn't.

Elaine - sending you hugs.

• CelineFlower
    edited February 2013

Theres an old midwife song , i remember signing with some women in my life.. many many years ago..

it might be native im not sure.. but it comes to mind right now..

We are sisters on a journey singing now as one

Remembering the ancient ones.. 

The Women and the wisdom

• Gingerbrew
    edited February 2013

Thank you Celine. 

• ali68
    ali68 Member Posts: 644
    edited February 2013

Thanks ladies, today was tough. Xx

• sarahsmom
    edited February 2013

I love that verse, Celine. Thanks for sharing.

{{{Ali}}}

• Cindy-Rose
    Cindy-Rose Member Posts: 77
    edited February 2013

I'm still not dead. YAYInnocent

I just updated my blog post so now I'm too tired to write much more. I'll try to pop in in the mornings like I used to. I feel really bad for not being here more but I've now been told that I'm working with about two monthe because of the process so far. I hope to God that I go that guickly. At this point I'm only living with pain and not able to do anything. I don't stop coughing for more that a half hour or so at a time. I don't get enough sleep now and I can only eat pb&j toast, that's usually all I can take in. Everything else is too heavy. I miss and Love you all.

cin

• CelineFlower
    edited February 2013

PBJ sandwiches for the picnic basket then?

good to hear from you cindy... u can hear you signing out strong...the pain and boredom has not dulled yoursense of humor or the love in your heart

thank you

• Gingerbrew
    edited February 2013

Thanks for dropping by Cindy. Rest well this evening and please come by again when you can. I am always happy to hear from you. 

Love and gentle hugs Ginger

• CelineFlower
    edited February 2013

*celine sits on the end on cindy's bed ... and sings old tavern drinking songs! *

Now, since we're met, let's merry, merry be,

In spite of all our foes; And he that will not merry be, We'll pull him by the nose.

Let him be merry, merry there,

While we're all merry, merry here; For who can know where he shall go To be merry another year ?

He that will not merry, merry be, With a generous bowl and a toast,

May he in Bridewell be shut up And fast bound to a post. Let him be merry, etc.

He that will not merry, merry be,

And take his glass in course, May he be obliged to drink small beer,

Ne'er a penny in his purse. Let him be merry, etc.

He that will not merry, merry be,

With a company of jolly boys, May he be plagued with a scolding wife

To confound him with her noise, Let him be merry, etc.

• CelineFlower
    edited February 2013

For Cindy...

For all of us..

We are here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i41qWJ6QjPI

• goodprognosis
    goodprognosis Member Posts: 195
    edited March 2016

Hi Cin, Ali, Linda, Carpe , Blondie and everyone I've forgotten to mention.  Just dropped by to say I'm thinking of you all and follow the blog all the time even if i don't always post.

Ali so sorry you're feeling bad - life sure can be shit at times!!! and Linda I know you were bad lately too with your awful news, hope you're feeling better able to cope with it now.  Blondie, you are always in my prayers too.

And brave Cin, here's a heart full of love and compassion and prayers for your pain to subside and..., as you American's say...'give you a Goddamnbreak'...!

Hope that gave you a small smile Cin.

Lots of lov x x x Lorna

• sarahsmom
    edited February 2013

Cin, thanks so much for stopping by. I am so sorry you're in such pain CryCry Hope that you can stay in control of your decisions, as you wish. You are just so amazing. PBJ on toast is fortifying, glad you are able to eat this concoction.  Did you know they make peanut butter with chocolate now, like a reece's cup! Does that sound good to you?

Ali, when I lived in England the Brits would all say how gross peanut butter was, what do you think?

Celine, I am all for the tavern songs, I have a few that I used to sing with the fighter pilots back in the day, but they aren't suitable to publish here Surprised And lots of good limericks...there was a girl from Nantucket...well you get the idea!!

Love and hugs to all of you. Time to start a new card shower for Cin, so lets get to it girls!!!

xoxo

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited February 2013

thanks cin and elaine for stopping but and cin I am glad you aren't dead yet....sometimes when we say that people don't know what to think, and me it is a sense of humor thing.....will explain, my exhusband got married for the 4th time I was #2 and she has no kids, I have 5 which my ex raised the older 2 and the daughter we had together, well she is trying to inch her way in with the grandchildren....and he has designated her mom mom now, was grammy and now mom mom, well I am mom mom #1 and I am not dead yet and SHE ISN'T GETTING THE GRANDCHILDREN AS LONG AS I AM HERE...so I keep telling the kids that I am not dead yet, and laugh......

so happy u all are checking in having puter problems so am on sons puter why he is out....linda, prayers......ok carp.....

have a wonderful day

• Linda-n3
    edited February 2013

Just checking in tonight to let everyone know I am thinking of you.  I am leaving in the morning for Washington, DC with DH, will be back next Wednesday.  i will try to check in, but may have spotty internet options, depending on where we are and what we are doing.  In any case, you will all be in my thoughts and I will be sending lovinkindness to you every day.

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited February 2013

Me too just checking in, puter is still acting up so only can get on a few sites, need memory, graphics are killing me...anyway feeling ok...thinking about all of you have a nice weekend...

Linda have a good time in DC....wish I could go to the zoo....need a panda fix.

• 1Athena1
    edited February 2013

Waving at Cin - hope you are comfortable!

• sarahsmom
    edited February 2013

Me, too - love ya, Cin!! Did you try the peanut butter/chocolate spread on your toast?  Hugs to you, special lady.

Linda, enjoy DC! Our weather is supposed to be fabulous!  Check out the Corcoran Gallery of Art if you get a chance, a real gem, right next to the White House.

http://www.corcoran.org/home

xoxo

• Linda-n3
    edited February 2013

Cin and Elaine, sending greetings from our Nation's Capitol.  Thought of you, hoping you can get a little fresh air and sunshine. 

DH and I spent the entire day outside on the Mall, walking around the memorials, no inside the museums for us today because it was so beautiful outside I just couldn't bear to go in except for a coffee.  Carpediem, I did not realize you were here - shows how much attention I pay to the geographic location of all the sistas on here, Wink

• 1Athena1
    edited February 2013

Welcome to DC, Linda!

• Linda-n3
    edited February 2013

OMG, you are from DC, too!!  Geez, I need to pay more attention to that info under the avatars....

DC is in my top 4 favorite cities, probably #1.  Others are New Orleans, Boston, Chicago. 

• Cindy-Rose
    Cindy-Rose Member Posts: 77
    edited February 2013

carpe,

I just received it yesterday and it was really good with my toast. I can't handle most other foods so it was a nice change. Thank you so much for thinking of me.

I have been having a lot of trouble with my lungs and the tumor is starting to grow more inward instead of outward how it was. Before I could see a big ball growing out from under my arm but now it's pushing in on my lungs and everything else around that area. Super painfull. i have a lot of IV pain meds that work pretty good but I have more and more pain every day because of the inner growth that I don't know how much longer and meds are going to work. I was told that by the way the cancer has been growing and acting that I may only have two months left. The biggest one is now over 10cm...it was 9 a few days ago so growing very fast. I think it's a blessing that it's going so fast so I won't suffer very much longer. I'm so ready for this to all end so I can be at peace. My DH and DD are going at each other every day, arguing from the time they wake up to bedtime...they're driving me crazy but I think they are both very depressed and that's how it's coming out of them. I'm sure that I'm not the only one with a crazy family though. My friend Diane is here taking care of me so I don't have to worry about anything but relaxing. I'm not supposed to be doing anything and she makes sure that I don't. I hope all of you are well and pain-free today and every day.

All my love to you,

cin