Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Stage III Cancer Survivors ...Five + Years and Out.

Comments

• shelly56
    shelly56 Member Posts: 142
    edited May 2014

Stef :  I have had the worst cold & cough I think ever in the last month.  No sh*# - it has lasted three weeks and in the last few days I lost my voice.  I just finally saw my primary doc yesterday, did chest x-ray because of possible pneumonia, and she put me on an antibiotic just to clear this up. I am getting used to waiting more than a week or so to panic these days!  Winking

• tuffgirl
    tuffgirl Member Posts: 9
    edited May 2014

Hi all!! now out from a Halloween diagnosis of 2007! yes totally terrible timing  - taking my kids out for trick or treating - I was young when diagnosed early 40s, Kept the chipper face on though!!

• Bec65
    Bec65 Member Posts: 84
    edited May 2014

Tuffgirl, thank you for sharing and inspiring us!  Congratulations, and have a happy Mother's Day!

• peacestrength
    peacestrength Member Posts: 236
    edited May 2014

Bump...I need hope today.

• Bec65
    edited May 2014

peacestrength....((hugs)).

• Candy7256
    Candy7256 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2014

I am waiting for my results  I get them tomorrow. The radiologist said he was thinking stage three. I'm so afraid I'm going to die. My tumor is large and ulcerating 

• peacestrength
    edited May 2014

Candy - please let us know how you are.  Breathe...one step at a time.

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,606
    edited May 2014

((((((((((((((Candy))))))))))))))))))))....keep us posted and let us know how we can help.

• Bec65
    edited May 2014

Candy, PLEASE let us know how you are!  We all are in this together and we WILL be here for you.

• Candy7256
    Candy7256 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2014

thank you so much 

• jenni__ca
    jenni__ca Member Posts: 77
    edited May 2014

just popping in to congratulate everyone on all the milestones .... this week is 10 years for me .... hugs to all

• Bec65
    edited May 2014

jenni in CA..............woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  So happy for you and SO grateful that you shared with us.

• karen1956
    edited June 2014

Jenni....congrats on 10 years!!!!!

• StefS
    StefS Member Posts: 17
    edited June 2014

jenni, congrats!!! Feels good doesn't it?

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418
    edited June 2014

Jenni......Great News ! Here's to the next ten, thanks so much for the post. Those of us that are just finishing treatment really appreciate hearing about all the anniversaires.  

• Delvzy
    Delvzy Member Posts: 454
    edited June 2014

so grateful for you posting Jenni . Just a thought I have a friend' that loves to tell me if other people have been diagnosed with secondary BC or something similar . It is not in my nature to confront her with it but it does disturb me and makes me feel worried . Any thoughts?

• jenni__ca
    jenni__ca Member Posts: 77
    edited June 2014

del - for me there always seems to be a low level background concern about 'c' visiting my home again ... probably kept alive by my family's history (seems like someone gets some kind of cancer every few years and it is persistent thoughout three generations) ... but i understand what you are saying ... wishing you the best of luck - hang in there !!

• lisa72
    lisa72 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2019

I have been a member of this site for a long time, but never posted. When I was down, I would search for people with similar markers as mine and read about their stories and survival to give me inspiration and strength. I promised myself that I would post something if I was lucky enough to make it to my 5 year anniversary. So.....here I am! Just had my 5 year anniversary and looking forward to posting again in 5 years. Thank you all for sharing your stories and providing advice over the years. Reading this forum has me helped tremendously.

UPDATE: It is now 10 years!!!!! Wow time flies! Thank you all for sharing your inspirational stories and your support along the way. I hope that the new members of BC community find some encouragement in seeing that there are many of us surviving and thriving! Love to all.

• karen1956
    edited June 2014

Lisa....congrats on 5 years....look forward to seeing your 10 year celebration!!!

• peacestrength
    edited June 2014

Lisa - Thank you for coming back and posting! 

Your post = hope!

• Bec65
    edited June 2014

Thank you, Lisa, and congratulations!!!!!!!!!

• tectonicshift
    tectonicshift Member Posts: 102
    edited August 2014

Thanks, Lisa. We needed that!

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418
    edited June 2014

Lisa, 

YEEHA ! 

• tessy
    tessy Member Posts: 38
    edited June 2014

Thank you for posting your milestone, I needed to see this. Having 11/18 positive nodes scares the hell out of me but to see so many at the 5-10 year mark gives me soooo much hope! Bless you!

• victoriasecret
    victoriasecret Member Posts: 37
    edited June 2014

just posted my 5 year Cancerversary  LIFE is GOOD !

• tessy
    tessy Member Posts: 38
    edited July 2014

Congratulations!  So happy for you! Thank you for giving me more hope! Bless you!!!

• Bec65
    edited June 2014

Congratulations, Victoriasecret, and thank you for sharing!!!!!!!!!!!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 14
    edited June 2014

Hi.  I am new here but am an almost 10 year survivor of locally advanced lobular breast cancer.  My stats are below.

Congratulations to all of you who have hit big milestones.  I am so happy to find a forum just for stage 3 sisters.

• Bec65
    edited June 2014

Notagaintoo, I'm so glad for you!  And I'm SOOOOOOO glad you discovered bc.org and shared your milestone with us.  Congratulations!

• maggs09
    maggs09 Member Posts: 74
    edited June 2014

Notagaintoo and Victoriasecret, thank you for posting your milestones. It truly gives hope! 

Can I ask how bc changed your lifestyle? I've been trying to make changes to my diet, (eliminate sugar, white flour, deli and red meats and diary), however I don't have enough will power😒 and after being "good" for a day or two, I end up eating whatever I put my hands on, especially since I returned to my full time job in March.

Any suggestions ?