Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Stage III Cancer Survivors ...Five + Years and Out.

Options

Comments

• maryannecb
    maryannecb Member Posts: 74
    edited November 2013
    Options

Love reading about all the successes. Keep them coming ladies.

• bettysgirl
    bettysgirl Member Posts: 645
    edited November 2013
    Options

I also am celebrating 5 yrs this year. I had quite a pity party in the beginning looking at numbers and just knowing i was done. Chemo and rads were no fun...going through treatments during pink month was no fun...but 5 yrs later here i am and I have some awesome sisters on BCO! 3 is just a number!!! Best of wishes to those just beginning the journey!! Look forward to hearing YOUR survivor story!

• Lily55
    Lily55 Member Posts: 1,748
    edited November 2013
    Options

thank you Betty way to go !

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845
    edited November 2013
    Options

Betty, thanks!

• jenni__ca
    jenni__ca Member Posts: 77
    edited November 2013
    Options

congratulations on all the milestones !!!

• Tomboy
    Tomboy Member Posts: 2,700
    edited November 2013
    Options

hi i am stage 3c. and many nodes positive with excapupular and vascular invasion. my bs told me that it was still curable, but it is sooo close to stage 4 . what if mets were just to small to detect at the time of dx? i will bookmaark into my faves, so i can come back here

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 126
    edited November 2013
    Options

KAthec, I am in your boat with you. As surgery hasn't happened yet, the details are still outstanding. This is a recurrence for me. V

• Delvzy
    Delvzy Member Posts: 454
    edited November 2013
    Options

well done bettysgirl so encouraging. Have you finished hormone treatment?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 126
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hello,

Does anyone have positive lymphs in both axilla?

Thank you, V

• DiveCat
    DiveCat Member Posts: 290
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hi, I do not have a bc dx, but I did want to say my mother was dx with Stage IIIc ILC when she was 48. ER+, 6+ cm tumour, 19+20 nodes. She was treated with surgery (MX/PMX), chemo, rads, and tamoxifen. She switched to femara after 5 years of tamox (I think that was around the time, at least). While she does have lymphedema which does cause quite a few ongoing issues, she is now 56 and NED, and lives a very active and healthy life. Her "anniversary" is in December. We know there is never an "out of the woods" in such a case, sadly from personal experience with other family members, but we do feel so fortunate to be looking at 8 years out with NED especially given how "dire" our outlook was back at the time of her dx.

• kar123
    kar123 Member Posts: 72
    edited November 2013
    Options

Thank you for posting your mom's story DiveCat! As you can see from my signature, it gives me hope! Smile

• fondak
    fondak Member Posts: 271
    edited November 2013
    Options

Thanks for sharing your mom's story with us Divecat!

• Kiss77
    Kiss77 Member Posts: 91
    edited November 2013
    Options

Thank you DiveCat!

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited November 2013
    Options

Thanks DiveCat! I want to be in your mom's boat when I grow up :0)

• DiveCat
    DiveCat Member Posts: 290
    edited November 2013
    Options

You are welcome all. Best wishes to each - all - of you for long, healthy futures with NED.

• Fitzy
    Fitzy Member Posts: 55
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hope all is well with the bc.org community. I haven't checked in for ages but am heading for 9.5 years since DX. Just got an irregular Liver enzyme test result that needs further testing. Haven't thought too much about my BC for ages but an irregular test can still throw you off your calm and stable life. Huge achievement this year as my eldest son has graduated from high school and the younger one is now 14.

• yorkiecrazy
    yorkiecrazy Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    Options

I haven't been here for a long time. I am now 8 1/2 yrs out. Stage 3 at DX.

• soriya123
    soriya123 Member Posts: 384
    edited November 2013
    Options

Congrats Fitzy and Yorkie!!!  Thank you for posting.  Wishing you many more years!!!

• Kiss77
    Kiss77 Member Posts: 91
    edited November 2013
    Options

Fitzy and Yorkie THANK YOU!!!!!

• Delvzy
    edited November 2013
    Options

hi fitzy I am in Victoria just wondering what a liver enzyme test is? Thanks you girls for posting so encouraging

• 4sewwhat
    edited November 2013
    Options

Thanks for the encouraging words Fitzy and Yorkie!!!

Also, my liver enzymes and liver function tests go wonky if my gallbladder is mad at me! Hoping for a really simple, boring answer for you!

• peacestrength
    peacestrength Member Posts: 236
    edited November 2013
    Options

Fitzy and Yorkie - Thank you for coming back and posting!   You are a great encouragement to me!  

• kar123
    kar123 Member Posts: 72
    edited November 2013
    Options

Thank you Fitzy and Yorkie for coming back to give us encouragement!!! Fitzy, my diagnosis and treatment are so similar to yours!

• Bec65
    Bec65 Member Posts: 84
    edited November 2013
    Options

Thank you to everyone for sharing your encouraging experiences! I've been reading your stories since my journey started three months ago, and you all have been such a source of strength.

• Optimistictraveler
    Optimistictraveler Member Posts: 25
    edited November 2013
    Options

Fitzy, I had liver enzyme problems, too. It was found on pre-op blood tests -- pre-op for the surgery to finally remove my port & correct some scars. Hearing that you might have liver problems can definitely make you nervous and worried! Although I appeared outwardly calm, I will admit to being really afraid it was a metastasis.

So, surgery was delayed until after I had a liver scan -- which was completely normal! Seems like the least little thing can throw those enzymes off.....(and we still have no idea why mine were off).

Here's hoping your followup tests are all negative! And congratulations on your 9.5 years (I was dx'd nearly the same time as you) and for being there for your son's graduation!

• Fitzy
    Fitzy Member Posts: 55
    edited November 2013
    Options

Damn, I've got liver mets! I will fight it again. I am going to get my younger son through school too. Good luck to everyone. I will have to move into the Stage IV group now. Thank goodness there are some good stories to pin hope on of people living with Liver Mets. This week will be spent getting the best treatment plan and preparing for battle. I have felt so good, I'm so fit again, such a bummer to get this crap news! BUT we will keep on keeping on.

• soriya123
    soriya123 Member Posts: 384
    edited November 2013
    Options

Fitzy,  I am so sorry to hear this news.  Damn after 9.5 yrs....damn.

• 4sewwhat
    edited November 2013
    Options

Fitzy,

So sorry to hear your crap news Sad But...you said yourself you feel great and are in great shape. That means you are in top fighting form to kick this in the ass and put it back at the curb where it belongs.

Best of luck as you get your plan together. Hugs and prayers.

• Delvzy
    edited November 2013
    Options

fitzy so sorry to hear your news thank god you are strong fit and positive I know you will get through this fine hugs

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845
    edited November 2013
    Options

Fitz, I am so sorry. Being in good shape ought to help you through treatment. Cancer really is just a total douche-bag.