Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Stage III Cancer Survivors ...Five + Years and Out.

Options

Comments

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited November 2013
    Options

That was very polite Momine! I think much stronger words than douche-bag and my filter doesn't always catch them! Filter is getting big holes in it too ;0)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 8
    edited November 2013
    Options

Fitzy, I made a reply to you in the Just Dx with Mets thread. I am so very sorry you have this in front of you again.

Since I am rarely here anymore I wanted to pop in and say I passed my 9 year mark in August. I am still taking Femara since I don't have the nasty side effects some of us get. Also, exercising and keeping my weight and BMI down is helping with joint issues and so forth.

Happy Thanksgiving, girls.

• Fitzy
    Fitzy Member Posts: 55
    edited November 2013
    Options

Thanks everyone for your kind words and thoughts. Good luck to all you guys, will keep an eye out on how you're all going. I had a long time NED but you guys will have even longer. We are warriors.

• Unknown
    edited December 2013
    Options

Hi, stopping by to post my 10 year anniversary last month with stage 3b triple negative Inflammatory Breast Cancer (IBC) and still doing great. There is always hope. :)

• peacestrength
    peacestrength Member Posts: 236
    edited December 2013
    Options

Congrats Alwayshope!  Thank you for encouraging me today!

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,023
    edited December 2013
    Options

AlwaysHope,

Congratulations on your 10 year anniversary and we are so glad you are doing great.

Thanks for posting- it is so inspiring.

(((The Mods)))

• hopefour
    hopefour Member Posts: 104
    edited December 2013
    Options

AlwaysHope...how wonderful to hear from you!! Thank you for stopping by and celebrating with us!!! WOW 10 years...so thankful for your health!! Please, visit again and thank you for starting this thread!

• caitlin61
    caitlin61 Member Posts: 33
    edited December 2013
    Options

Congratulations AlwaysHope! It definitely helps to hear from people like you who are doing so well!

• Bec65
    Bec65 Member Posts: 84
    edited December 2013
    Options

Congratulations, AlwaysHope, and thank you so much for sharing with us!

• Delvzy
    Delvzy Member Posts: 454
    edited December 2013
    Options

congratulations alwayshope great news I always read here when I need encouragement

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 8
    edited December 2013
    Options

AlwaysHope, a big CONGRATS to you on reaching the ten year milestone!

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,514
    edited December 2013
    Options

Always HOpe....congrats on 10 years...hope to join the club in 1016!!!

• warriorchick
    warriorchick Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    Options

Linda - I am at the tail end of chemo and noticed your post, congratulations! I would like to know if you followed any specific diet or exercise plan that may have contributed to your success along the way. Please share with those of us just starting this difficult journey :)

• kimf
    kimf Member Posts: 14
    edited January 2014
    Options

Hi everyone and Happy New Year. Just stopping in to say I've passed my 9 year cancerversary in December and still going strong with NED. So sorry to just read Fitzy that you've recurred with mets :( That totally sucks and I wish you all the best with your new chemo. I hope everyone else is doing well. I don't stop in much but think of you all very often! Wishing everyone a year of happiness and NED! 

• maggs09
    maggs09 Member Posts: 74
    edited January 2014
    Options

kimf, thank you for giving the rest of us hope.

Have you made any significant changes to your lifestyle, diet after bc dx?

• Fitzy
    Fitzy Member Posts: 55
    edited January 2014
    Options

Hi Kim, good to see you are still going well. Sucked to get the mets to my liver after over 9 years, especially as I was so fit and healthy! Still feel good, can't quite comprehend I have mets as I feel so well. Still training; bootcamp, cycling and yoga. I'm tolerating the Abraxane well, mainly just hair loss but have a new, 'look a like' wig, imported from the US! To you and all the other 5 years+ gals, keep on keeping on!

• peacestrength
    peacestrength Member Posts: 236
    edited January 2014
    Options

Kimf - thanks for sharing and hope!

• caitlin61
    caitlin61 Member Posts: 33
    edited January 2014
    Options

Kimf, great to hear you're doing so well - makes me realize that there is hope!

• Bec65
    edited January 2014
    Options

Kim, congratulations, and thank you for dropping in and strengthening us!

Fitzy, it's good to hear you feel well...that gives us newbies support too. I hope treatment goes smoothly for you.

• americanpinay
    americanpinay Member Posts: 30
    edited January 2014
    Options

Hi ladies! 

Just want to drop by and share with you that I passed the 5-year mark from diagnosis back in September and I am doing great! Just been super busy with work and enjoying life! Since 2008, I've traveled to Sydney, Melbourne, Milan, Venice, Florence, Rome, Paris, Belgium, Singapore, Thailand, Hong Kong, Lisbon, Madrid and Barcelona! I'm sure I missed to list some cities (brain farts courtesy of chemo and tamoxifen but hey small price to pay for a truly wonderful life after BC diagnosis). I am now on a six-month schedule with my oncologist and one-year schedule with the radio-oncologist! I see more traveling in my future! 

Cheers! Much love to everyone! Take care sisters!

• Bec65
    edited January 2014
    Options

Congratulations, Americanpinay, and thank you!

• kimf
    kimf Member Posts: 14
    edited January 2014
    Options

Fitzy, so glad that you are feeling well. I know that your healthy lifestyle will keep you feeling strong throughout this journey! It really stinks that those effing mets can creep up on you when you live such an active, healthy life. But keep doing what you are doing and know that the drugs will do their work! Faith will be rewarded as Bruce Springsteen sings! 

As for me, I have not followed a vitamin regime or even a diligent exercise program. I've tried to keep my weight stable, but menopause makes that very difficult. Eating healthy and snacks in moderation always. I never miss an MRI or annual appt. And I regularly check for changes in my non mastectomy breaast to look for recurrence. That's it for me. Warm wishes for everyone here. Congrats to everyone celebrating anniversaries. 

• lin123
    lin123 Member Posts: 8
    edited January 2014
    Options

Hi everyone, newbie to this site, so happy to see so many survivors.  I'm currently on 5th chemo (tac) stage 111c 20/26 nodes positive, triple negative. Had surgery first then 6 rounds of chemo. I hope I can beat this awful thing and will recover and get back to my life.  Sometime it's just so hard to think positive but I try my best.

Wish the best for eveyone

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418
    edited January 2014
    Options

Welcome lin123,

A lot of us stage 3, it is inspiring when we can read the success stories. I am 6 months post dx, and presently getting radiation. It is difficult some days to be positive, when we are sick and in pain. Posting here really helps. You might look for the triple negative thread also.

• lin123
    edited January 2014
    Options

Hi holeinone, thank you for your response. I hope your radiation goes well.  I see that you you were also on tac for your chemo therapy. How was it, was it easy for you? Where are you located at, which country?

• Holeinone
    edited January 2014
    Options

I live in a mid size town in Idaho, USA.

Taxol, for me was easier than the A/C. But the last 2 infusions ( I had 4 dose dense ) I did have bone pain that hung around. Also some neuropathy in my feet. It seemed minor compared to what some ladies described. The side effects are never easy, but they do slowly go away. Also at the end of the eight dose dense chemo treatments, fatigue. I hope you tolerate the rest of your chemo with not too much difficulty.

Where do you live?

• lin123
    edited January 2014
    Options

Hi holeinone, I live in toronto, Canada.  Is there an easier way to find this post and I can see that someone had posted on this thread.

In the beginning i cannot wait till treatment is over but now I'm kinda worry what's going to happen after treatment. Just so scared and worried. 

• Holeinone
    edited January 2014
    Options

I am on a IPAD, so not sure how yours is set up, but look for Remove from My Favorite Topics, click on that, and it should come up in your favorite topics. Play around with it, it easy to accidentally hit that and remove what you want. 

I am still struggling also with the uncertainty of no longer in treatment, although I still have 14 more radiation zaps and then AI. It is very common to experience anxiety after chemo. There is a thread called "why was I stronger in treatment than I am now" or something very close to that. Like I said, play around with the topics, there is alot of great info & support here.

• lin123
    edited January 2014
    Options

thx holeinone, added to favorite topic and is now easier to see thread. Let's be positive and tell ourselves we will be ok. 

• Holeinone
    edited January 2014
    Options

lin123, 

I was very stoic during the 4 months in chemo. I knew my job was to get through each infusion, stay positive and try to eat healthy. I started radiation and totally fell apart. So, last week I went to my personal Dr. and got anti-anxiety meds. Seem crazy that I made it just fine for those 4 months of chemo. 

I am staying positive, but its a battle not to think about it non-stop...